Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96153 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by dejavubobo1(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I have uploaded pics. The Eagle worth The stress.
Congrats. May it serve u well

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Op can you come visit me let me see ur car?? I stay in kaduna ,you can come through Abuja kaduna express

We are watching
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Acidosis(m): 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ah. How much is 13/14 model?

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by lexy2014: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FEEDING
Food are cheaper in Lagos compare to Port Harcourt though they are notyou neatly prepared.

I remember how I was tired of junks then I told myself let me move to the locals and buy good food to eat.

Getting there I discovered that food were cheap. You can eat rice for N100.

I went to mama-put told her to put N300 rice for me which she did. When it was time to put meat, she put her bare hand inside a container and brought out pieces of meats and put in the rice. I was shocked.

I told her I was not interested in the food again.

Paid her and left. (People were lining up to get food from her).

I went to another stand. Her food was under an umbrella because it was raining.
When she opened the pot to bring out food, rain water from the umbrella was dripping inside the pot.

I left the place went to bed without food.

In Lagos food is cheap but poorly prepared.

I didn't buy the car for N4.1m

I said the cost of everything including feeding, hotels, settlement

Which means you would have saved yourself the trouble and bought the car in port Harcourt

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
luminouz:

Alaye rest na!!!!

Haven't you done enough already? It's his money and he got what he wanted. No one asked for your opinion because it's not your money.
All I see on the thread are insults and abuses from NLanders who just don't wanna mind their business and just be happy with OP.

Is it the poverty rate in the country or just sheer jealousy/wickedness? See ugly replies on this thread just because Op bought a car with his own money. It's only on my country that people will be dictating to you how to spend your own money.

WTF!!!

Well, it wasn't worth the money, stress and risk for a pleb car like that.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
OK2NVME:

Well, it wasn't worth the money, stress and risk for a pleb car like that.

It's not your money, your stress or your risk.

REST THIS MATTER ABEG!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nice one. The car looks really clean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Unrated900(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rubbish story

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by calculator123(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
tsdarkside:

for crying out loud,you are a nigerian....have you forgotin how to banter....??

you can price anything down....you are such a wuss....you should have stayed in ph....

What made you think he didn't haggle?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
ENVIRONMENT

Lekki was nothing to write home about during my stay there.
Islanders, how far na?

Anyway, congratulation man.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ipobarecriminals: 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
ENVIRONMENT

Lagos is not as people say it is. In fact, the GRA in Port Harcourt is more neater and nicer than Lekki.

Gbe enu osi soun. So,just one day u Don entered all Lekki finish abi? Nonsense angry

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Munzy14(m): 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
ENVIRONMENT

Lagos is not as people say it is. In fact, the GRA in Port Harcourt is more neater and nicer than Lekki.

Lol

Port Harcourt GRA is posh na..classy and serene.

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Tboymessiah(m): 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
DAY 1: SEARCHING FOR TOYOTA COROLLA IN AJAH

I woke up from the hotel bed at some minutes past 5am. I was raining.
Then I created a thread asking for a good car dealer in Ajah. Thanks to some of you with your responses.

I was still in the hotel till past 3pm the rain refuses to stop. I told myself if I wait one more minute this day will go.

My plan was to buy a car that day and go back the following day.

So I began searching for the car in that rain.
I only saw it in few car stands and the prices were same with Port Harcourt price. I was shocked.

I boarded a bus to Lekki. I arrived Lekki at night so I slept in Lekki.

Where u sleep in lekki?

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
[quote author=AbelAbdul post=114824363]Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.[/quote

That car is 3million naira in Benin, you wasted 1.1million naira for nothing.

Why all the stress to Lagos just to buy 2003 corolla

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
luminouz:

It's not your money, your stress or your risk.

REST THIS MATTER ABEG!!!

But its my opinion I have the right to in a matter the op brought to a public forum which I can freely express.

May be you need to rest off my dik .

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by zicoraads: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
I think you ended up spending more, but your story is fun to read.

Cars have become mightily expensive it's scary. Got a 2009 Matrix this past week in Abuja too. This Toyota has even become something else, maybe because of this Uber people, I don't know.

It's crazy crazy.

Congratulations on your new ride.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by EgusiShankly: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
LIFESTYLE OF LAGOSIANS
These people are living a very crazy lifestyle. Half of the people there are beggars.

Guys in Lekki neatly dressed stand by the roads to beg.

Lol
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Karemarealty288(m): 8:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gulliva

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Tboymessiah(m): 8:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
DAY 3: SEARCHING FOR TOYOTA COROLLA IN IKORUDU.

I took a bus to Ikorudu. Getting there the jiji guy's number wasn't going through and it was raining. It has been raining since the day I stepped my feet on Lagos soil.

So I began to search for the car myself. What I saw were Nigerian used Corollas only. It was getting late so I passed the night in ikorudu.

Where do you sleep in ikorodu?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Tboymessiah(m): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
DAY 4: SEARCHING FOR TOYOTA COROLLA IN OSHODI.
met another jiji guy who told me he has it at Surulere. While I was about going to Surulere, a number called me to come to Oshodi that the car is much over there.

I visited oshodi couldn't find any.

Contacted a jiji guy who told me he has it in Apapa.
It was late so I passed the night in Oshodi.

Where do you sleep in Oshodi
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ipobarecriminals: 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FEEDING
Food are cheaper in Lagos compare to Port Harcourt though they are notyou neatly prepared.

I remember how I was tired of junks then I told myself let me move to the locals and buy good food to eat.

I went to mama-put told her to put N300 rice for me which she did. When it was time to put meat, she put her bare hand inside a container and brought out pieces of meats and put in the rice. I was shocked.

When she opened the pot to bring out food, rain water from the umbrella was dripping inside the pot.

come back again and buy that 100 rice make we see

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by mechanics(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congrats, you were really patient.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
OK2NVME:

But its my opinion I have the right to in a matter the op brought to a public forum which I can freely express.

May be you need to rest off my dik .

You have expressed it(with jealousy and bitterness)

Now REST!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Okarakwu: 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
You have enough money for the adventure,if you have limited resources it won't have been easy .but that brand of corolla at 4.1m is wasteful .

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by IbileIfe: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FEEDING

Scripted half truths
Storyteller.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by sketcherJ(m): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I have uploaded pics. Thanks
na man you be abelabdul. I enjoyed every bit of your narration. I am glad you are safe now. But tell me, you never learnt driving, how did you now know how to drive?

13 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Asour: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
Godpunishanymod:
Thank God you finally got what you longed for and you're sound and safe In PH... I followed your previous story then and I was damn scared that you might probably be scammed, thank GOD you ain't....

Abeg make una come drop tips for THIS NEW SUPER EAGLE RIDER o

Hahahaha.

Because he wrote in English in a simple & sincere manner (not hiding his weaknesses) right?

Unfortunately, Nigeria can be a mean country without empathy and can smell a 'Mugu' from a mile.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Figger(m): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
3.8 million? Na wao..na so Corolla don cost reach? It was 2.7m last year before I left naija. Nigeria which way na.

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by mcdokwe(m): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7225300/experience-going-lagos-purchase-toyota

For a better understanding of this thread, it is advisable that you read the previous two threads I created.

This thread is my true life story. Before I proceed on telling you my experience leaving Port Harcourt to Lagos to purchase a car, I would like you to note these few things.

1. This wasn't my first time going to Lagos though I go to Lagos once in a blue moon.

2. This was my first time going to Lagos by road.

3. I started driving a vehicle not quite long and I have not driven a car for more than 20 times.

4. I have not attended driving school before.

5. I don't see clearly at night.

Now let's begin.

Owning a car was one of the things on my to-do list for this year.
I met a couple of friends, told them my intention of buying a car and that I want a reliable, easy to maintain and less fuel consumption car. Most of them advised I should go for Toyota Corolla.

I started making plans since January. I was with N2m as budget at that time the car cost was between N2.5m and N2.7m.

When we entered April, the cost of the car hit N2.9m.

The more I delayed the higher the price of the car.

Finally on June I said I will buy the car. Visited car stands in Port Harcourt where I base the least I saw was N3.7m for American spec and N3.4m for Asian spec.

Friends advised me toto buy American spec that is stronger and better.

I entered jiji and realized that the American spec which is between N3.7m and N3.8m in Port Harcourt was N3.3 and N3m in Lagos.

I told myself that I will go to Lagos to purchase it.

A day came that I was prepared to go I went to Good is God park but their bus was full.

I went to LIBRA motor park, boarded a bus and we left PH at 8am and entered Lagos at 5pm. We got stuck at Ajah hold up from 5pm to 7pm we arrived their park.

It was raining. I looked for a hotel to pass a night there. The least hotel I saw 6k was actually a brothel very dirty and noisy. Security was not guaranteed.

I went to the one of 25k and slept till the next day.

something you could have simply purchased through escrowpaddy.com

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by chukel(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.
well, technically it's still a scam. Car you would have bought 3.7m in PH without the stress you went through, you went to Lagos where you should have bought it cheaper and ended up spending 4.1m.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.