Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? (45057 Views)

Can You Date And Marry A POS Operator...? / Where Do Girls Meet And Marry Guys Living In The US ? / Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by michaelponle(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
DM I will give u a very cool n cruise catching advice that must work.
Not for everybody though.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by treatise: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
Red flags everywhere! One is emotional blackmail is what you're experiencing. If you guys get married without reasonable financial stability her mother would still be the one to advise her daughter to sleep around to financially stable. Beautiful and serious girls will always be around.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by cherryCola: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
22o62021:

What is making you to think that in 3-4 years time that you will be rich?
Inflation is real
And what makes you think he can't make it in the next one year .
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by yemi1504: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,
l met a beautiful and excellent girl during my Nysc, honestly she is everything l need in a woman,
We finish our service last year and started life in Abuja, she live with her sister and doing her own business while l live alone in the same town,, The problem now is that this girl mother is already pressurizing her for marriage,, she is 27 yrs and the mother is already making her looks like she is too old for marriage,, yesterday she came to my house looking all moody and worried,, when l enquired she told me her mom is asking her when the man she is dating will come home for introduction,, l took my time to explain things to her,we can't go into any marriage without been financially stable,l have a business l am running and l am looking at stability of that business in 3-4yrs time,,l told her l wont give you any specific date on when to come see her people ,,but l assured her if she stick with me God knows l wont think of any other woman during marriage,,, she told me her plan is to get married at 25yrs and l told her things dont always work out the way we plan them,, honestly l dont want to lose this girl and l also dont want to rush anything,, what do l do nairalanders...

You want to turn her to Lord of the rings ba? As long as you can take care of your home with her and the future unborn children, you are set to go. The business will take care of itself. You don't want to be too old at 60 when your children are entering University. My 2 cents.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by yemi1504: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kingsasian:
Oga let her go. A woman's time and that of a man are not the same. At her current age, 3-4 years of waiting is too much.

Abi
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
Extratyre01:

Give am Belle.. Na sure odd be that, she go wait

grin grin Imagine this guy lol him moniker self na werey moniker lol Extratyre grin

1 Like

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by alphaNomega: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
bro l am not holding her o,,l only gave her a sound and reasonable advice,, leaving me is not an assurance she will get a man who will pay her bride price in 2- 3 months ,, if she leaves and the man she meets disapoint her the circle continues,, in 3- 4yrs she will be 31 or latest 32 and we will settle down and at least have something to fend for our self and the kids,, the "woman time" is a lie orchestrated by the society and nothing more. women in their 40s and fifties are given birth talk more of a girl in her 20s and 30s,,if she decides to go and gamble l will wish her well,, l am just bothered because l love this girl and she is a very good person,, so l am not holding her back..

Oga, women's bio clocks are different from men. If you like, keep your daughters till they are 50 years old and expect them to have easy conception.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by MrDoGood(m): 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,
l met a beautiful and excellent girl during my Nysc, honestly she is everything l need in a woman,
We finish our service last year and started life in Abuja, she live with her sister and doing her own business while l live alone in the same town,, The problem now is that this girl mother is already pressurizing her for marriage,, she is 27 yrs and the mother is already making her looks like she is too old for marriage,, yesterday she came to my house looking all moody and worried,, when l enquired she told me her mom is asking her when the man she is dating will come home for introduction,, l took my time to explain things to her,we can't go into any marriage without been financially stable,l have a business l am running and l am looking at stability of that business in 3-4yrs time,,l told her l wont give you any specific date on when to come see her people ,,but l assured her if she stick with me God knows l wont think of any other woman during marriage,,, she told me her plan is to get married at 25yrs and l told her things dont always work out the way we plan them,, honestly l dont want to lose this girl and l also dont want to rush anything,, what do l do nairalanders...

Don't promise marriage when you're not ready.

No matter how much you love that person.

Simply let the person know that you have her at heart & if things works out, you wouldn't mind spending the rest of your life with her.

But never tell the person to wait for you.
You might meet more interesting people as you go through life's journey.

Child wey never eat another person food go say na e mama own sweet pass.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by alphaNomega: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
fortunately for her l will find her attractive till the end of our lives,,if l can't find her attractive till she is 32,, then l shouldn't even marry her,, any way l have spoken to her just pray God give us sustainable income to end this thing well,, thanks for the advice.

Yea right, many men have said this.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by fuludu: 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
grin grin bro the thing weak me,, all l am asking is for her to be patient,,

If u know u truely love her. Against all odds do the needful.

U will thank me later
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by MiaBeer(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,

Either this woman or her family is trying to play a fast one on you bro. It's either this woman is yours or she is not. Don't let anyone pressure you into getting married when you are not ready because, at the end of the day, the won't come and live with you.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by Emeka71(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Thank you my brother, if l went ahead and rush things and tomorrow l find it hard to fend for us,, it is still the same her and the mother who will mock me for not been responsible, they always make it looks like they have options but the truth is that in marriage the options are limited,,most men who are financially stable are already married, school and the crumpling economy has made many men in their 30s not to be eager for marriage, some are rich and yet not even ready to settle down , so getting a man who is ready to take that step is worth waiting for,, it is good the society start normalizing women not getting married in their 20s,, so that everyone can have enough time to plan and build their lives before marriage,, l love her God knows my heart.
I wonder why you want to wed your age-mate.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by na2016: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
OP, let her go. You are not sure of anything in 3-4 years

1 Like

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by Ppp1p: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
Don’t let any whorrre rush you into marriage ser her free and let her be

Get your financial right before settling as a man or else you will regret it

1 Like

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by OChimex: 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,
You sound selfish and only thinks about yourself. She is a woman and you know that in 3 - 4 years time she will be 30 or 31, then now you might prefer 22 years old girl.

See mr, if you arent getting ready within a year of meeting a girl, dont delay someone else daughter.

Leave her to find love, marriage and have her own family, thats the dream of most girls same way men dream of making money.

Focus on your dream which is money, make she go find hers which might be marriage. When you don get money, there will be more beautiful women then, younger.

3 Likes

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by DavSagacity(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
Best Advice bro.
Louisfrank:

Guy, you've made your points clear to her, if she's truly meant for you, she'll wait and convince her mom, if you decide to get married and then start working on your financial stability it doesn't always work out, make it first oo
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by SpecialEdition: 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
Can't you marry and postpone having kids till you get money?
You can do court marriage then big ones as money comes
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by yahaya1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
Allow her go because waiting for 3 to 4 years From now is a bad market for her.

1 Like

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by SenatePresdo(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kingsasian:
Oga let her go. A woman's time and that of a man are not the same. At her current age, 3-4 years of waiting is too much.

Many girls above her age are unmarried.

My guy's girlfriend was disturbing him for marriage, after a while the guy asked her to move on and marry if she desires.

3 years now, she's still unmarried.

It's not easy to marry these days, many guys that is of age doesn't care about marriage, and i don't know why.

2 Likes

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by being(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
If u love her and are ok to marry her... I think u should.. U could agree with her though on delaying birth for those 3 years & she not complaining if finances are not so buoyant in those years... if u have the agreement, I think u should go ahead.. There isn't an 100% assurance u will get ur finances to d level u want in 3 years. Hw old are u ursef?

victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,

1 Like

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by Gentledizzle: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,

You are not ready bro. All this ba excuse. Let her go in peace.
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by tivhador: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
Dude, focus on taking the next step in advancing your career. Don't rush anything, especially something as monumental as marriage. Don't let anyone pressurize into doing something you ain't ready for. Learn to focus on the important things and stop following what other people say and think you should do. You're a man. Embrace your inner Stone coldness. And stop worrying over things like her leaving you.....If its meant to be, its meant to be

1 Like

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by PharmacyStore: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
Marriage is a life long commitment
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by tunde4top(m): 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,

As the man (the prize), you must ensure that your own best time/setting/moment is the deciding factor/judgement on both of you
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by HustlePro: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,

You should let her go though...
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by RichAbujaGuy: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,

she must not be that good in the other room if you want to wait more years. you got your milk now free her to go find a simp to marry her and her mother. grin
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by ValarDoharis: 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
How old are you that you're afraid to may the woman you want? Worst case you delay having kids
victooman:
Good day nairalanders,,
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by kenq2t(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
My guy the same thing is happening to me right now she doesn't mind me engaging her despite her still in her final year, I don't have a stable job or stable income but she wants me to marry her by all means.

1 Like

Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by Louisfrank(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
lereinter:

When will he make it

Depends on his plans, well based on his plans as he stated earlier within a year or two at most, and for a serious person a year is not too small to achieve something big
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by KalakutaRepub: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
Think4Myself:

That's selfish of you, because some(few) women can give birth at that age, you now want her to wait that long? angry At 33 if she has a child ever 3 years she'd have her 4th child at 42
why she go born 4? cheesy
Re: Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? by youngtee5(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2022
kenq2t:
My guy the same thing is happening to me right now she doesn't mind me engaging her despite her still in her final year, I don't have a stable job or stable income but she wants me to marry her by all means.
Same thing is happening to me also, a final student she want to marry latest by nextyear. But me thinking about Nigeria getting worse everyday my dream is to leave Nigeria before I give birth... are you sure we are not dating the same girl. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

3 Categories Of Ladies You Should Never Assume Are Into You / Advantages Of Polygamy? / Man Grabs His Fiancée's Backside In Pre-Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.