Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin (45751 Views)

Avoid A Narcissist At All Cost, My Experience. A Must Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Peskid147: 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
If you really care for her, tell her to leave dat toxic and abusive marriage cus it will eventually lead to her death.
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Felimax(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
KingRSHD2:

My brother learn or not ..... Marriage wahala is everywhere make God help person

God is the absolute fulcrum of marriage without which everything goes sour in seconds.

God or nothing will ever work.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Kobojunkiee: 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
bepositive11:
That's not entirely true. There are certain traits that only sociopaths, narcissists, etc have -- traits that normal people don't have. If you see those signs, even a little bit, pack your bags and leave.

Lack of empathy is a very good example of a sign to look out for.
No normal human being lacks empathy. That lack of empathy is what drives people to kill or abuse or manipulate their partners.
I have friends who, after a terrible breakup decided on that route and they held it for a while too. Anyone who met them in any of those phases would have assumed them sociopaths when in fact they were just angry. undecided

I am far from a sociopath myself but even I confess that I have appeared so to others at points in my life, and this because my mental was off somewhere else at those moments or periods. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Felimax(m): 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
tiswell:
He probably wasn't their biological father after all.
Their single mother must have brainwashed them terribly sad

He is their biological father. The only children he has. The slot he occupied in DPR was given to him as compensation for the death of his late father who had that same position until his untimely death, this he enjoys until he had a very fatal accidents that crippled him. He has only the two boys because after the accident he could not perform again and despite his condition he is a chronic womanizer.
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Fmghewzy(m): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
SteveDGreat:

Guy shun, some men are heartless.
And they are majority of such men on Nairaland. By their comments you will know them.

Bloody Narcissists

When you know that Nairaland is filled with weyreys like them,you should have put a disclaimer grin.

Immediately I read your story, I knew the morons ready to call you a simp would come marching.

I don't have any advice for you, just make sure the woman in not using you.

And whatever help you want to render unto her , do so without any attachments.

Play it cool, and things may go well( in your favor wink)

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Qwi1: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2022
Really
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Pimine: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Felimax:

And what will be my gain to lie?
Funny I don't even have you to impress. I told you a senior management colleague in one of the DPR SBUs of NNPC.

Sorry sir, I will not give you full details of my story.
Yeah riiiight

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by favour32(m): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nor be only to be healthy dey make person live long.
Mind ya business still dey inside.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by toujurs: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are an idiot, aswear!!! Truely an emotional waste bin.

What is your business, if you want to have sex with her or marry her, why not invite her and initiate what you want.

Was she blind when she said yes, to her ex husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Lovelydaisies: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
It seems it's easier to type 'RIP', 'eh yah', and 'What a loss!', than to actually help these days. The comments here are discouraging.

If this is a true story, my only advice would be to ask her seek help from or report to his and her family members. If anything can be done, okay. They should separate until they get their issues in order. You don't want to be a target in this situation, especially if the man is as bad as he seems. He might come for you. Let her find something doing as well.

Also get to detach yourself sometimes from her. You don't want her to 'suck' you into her state. Things can escalate real quickly.

Take care!

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by SIRKAY98(m): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
Move far away from married woman because you sef you go soon collect wotowoto write it down*

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by REALretep(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2022
SteveDGreat:
I am emotionally down honestly. If not that I am hearing this from her, I won't believe that a Man could be this cold towards his wife.

This lady is my one and only best friend. As a matter of fact, I was nursing plans to marry her but man never make it. We never had sex.

Well, she got married and our conversation slow down. I deliberately slow it down so as to respect her marriage.

One day I decided to call, the husband picked and warned me never to call her again. Omoh I was shocked.

Days after she called and apologized and explained how the man has completely changed and is maltreating her to the extend of beating her and emotional abuse. We spoke consistently and unfortunately, she left the marriage.

She came to my city was staying with her elder brother. We spoke for some time and I went off cos I didn't want to get too close so as not to attract emotional feelings.

Well, after some months, she blocked me from reaching her. For 9 months we haven't been in touch.

Yesterday she sent me a chat with a strange phone Facebook that I should give her my number. Since Yesterday, she has been pouring her emotional trauma on me.
Her marriage is hell. Emotional abuse, insults, beating.

As I am typing, she is still talking on phone. She is done with the marriage and wants to leave but she is scared of her son that's 1 year and 2 months old.

I really feel bad for her and don't even know how to help her.
It is painful. She is my best friend.
Better run for your life before you get trapped emotionally.

Besides, the husband may soon come for you since he has already previously warned you. It is not wise to have a married opposite gender as a best friend. It even gets riskier when the spouse of the "best friend" has already warned you to keep off. In that case, you will have no defence when the spouse comes for you.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by galantjoe(m): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2022
Japaaa

Since you haven't had sex with her. No gain in helping her. It will always, end in emotional note.

Mind your business

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by victorazy(m): 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
SteveDGreat:
I am emotionally down honestly. If not that I am hearing this from her, I won't believe that a Man could be this cold towards his wife.

This lady is my one and only best friend. As a matter of fact, I was nursing plans to marry her but man never make it. We never had sex.

Well, she got married and our conversation slow down. I deliberately slow it down so as to respect her marriage.

One day I decided to call, the husband picked and warned me never to call her again. Omoh I was shocked.

Days after she called and apologized and explained how the man has completely changed and is maltreating her to the extend of beating her and emotional abuse. We spoke consistently and unfortunately, she left the marriage.

She came to my city was staying with her elder brother. We spoke for some time and I went off cos I didn't want to get too close so as not to attract emotional feelings.

Well, after some months, she blocked me from reaching her. For 9 months we haven't been in touch.

Yesterday she sent me a chat with a strange phone Facebook that I should give her my number. Since Yesterday, she has been pouring her emotional trauma on me.

As I am typing, she is still talking on phone. She is done with the marriage and wants to leave but she is scared of her son that's 1 year and 2 months old.

The marriage is hell for her BUT she don born grin grin grin na through Bluetooth?

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Wizmj4real(m): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
SteveDGreat:

Ogbeni don't mingle
Let her carry her cross
Don't date someone who left her marriage
Don't out of pity fall into this mess

Trust me it won't end well

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by usagee36: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
There's is difference if you have a girlfriend or a wife. But going to a prostitute means your brain needs check.
abobote:

Every man pays for sex, sometimes indirectly

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by HltSong: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
Na she go make that decision herself. No just put mouth.

Just tell her she has your support.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Exceed15: 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are so gullible to believe her emotional story. Who knows if she was the one giving the man hell.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by mcdokwe(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
SteveDGreat:

this is not your cross to bear, she made her choice, let her deal with it

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by 99thEnemy(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
chatinent:

The devil will be surprised at who sent you! Wtf! Why can't you leave people's wives alone!!!!!

"A chicken as a Nigerian mans' pet will surely one day land inside a pot of stew"

No be me talk am oh! grin

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by 99thEnemy(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Girl made SIMP her friend, and actually puts him friend-zone.
Simp actually thought girl would marry her him.
Girl used SIMP as emotional tampon every time there's heartbreak.
Girl got knocked up by the Tyrone.
Girl has a kid for the Chad.
Girl got battered by Tyrone.
Now girl remembers the Simp she left.
SIMP gonna become a cuck and step-daddy .

Don't be Mr SIMP.
You the mad grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Helpout12345: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
This is one side of the story. Try to hear from the man too before judgement.

Help your friend if you are capable but don't judge their matter from only one partner's story.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Rooneyx(f): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
SteveDGreat:

Well, she got married and our conversation slow down. I deliberately slow it down so as to respect her marriage. YOU BE CONFIRMED AUTHENTIC MUMU BOY

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by InfinityFabric: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2022
Kingcalls:

Marry who?? She will still marry another Tyrone while the simp will keep on salivating
God no go shame us!
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by ObidientFC: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
What she likely needs is a mental health therapist to help her deal with and eventually offload the garbage she is packing from what you say was a toxic marriage - emotional and physical abuse - so, advise her to engage one of those as soon as possible. undecided

As for leaving her marriage, she and her ex-to-be should probably consider engaging the aide of a marriage counsellor on that, this is to help her confront the reality of her situation head-on and decide once and for all what is best for her and her kids. According to your story, you had stated she left the marriage 9 months earlier, yet you claim while she spoke recently to you, she spoke as one who was back in the marriage. So, it is possible she is not sure whether she is ready to leave or not. Professional marriage counselling is a good way to help her face the truth of her marriage, and do the right thing for herself. Let your friend decide her own future by herself. undecided

Told her about seeing a counselor. She said the man doenst listen to anyone at all.
His take is final.
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Daxray07(m): 12:08am On Aug 16, 2022
After the husband that you claimed was a narcissist called and warned you to stay away from his wife, you're talking with her and calling her your best friend, you normal so? The woman already made her choice by marrying that guy she should learn to deal with the consequences. The moment any of my female friends gets married or is in any serious relationship I codedly stop or limit our conversation. People like the husband can maim or even kill out of jealousy so you better beware. I no wan read story online for here "how jealous husband disfigured suspected boyfriend" una kuku like bad news before.
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by NothingDoMe: 12:22am On Aug 16, 2022
histemple:

You are the reason the marriage crashed. You kept calling and talking trash with a married woman in the name of "a caring EX) so much so that the husband had to warn you over the phone.

Yet you continued until the marriage crashed. By your own admission, you confessed to have been talking CONSISTENTLY with a woman the husband already warned you to stay off from.

And you come here to say "UNFORTUNATELY she left the marriage" when you caused the separation with your consistency in destroying the marriage.

When she left her marriage and moved to the city where you are, hoping that you will now be available and caring, you started showing your true colours and she blocked you.
Spot on
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by emmaodet: 12:39am On Aug 16, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Guy go face your wife or go work harder to have more & better choices instead waiting to tap from a used good.
She chose him, now want to run from the consequences. It's called responsibility.

Just tell us when she finally marries you.

grin
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by kaymart: 1:42am On Aug 16, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Girl made SIMP her friend, and actually puts him friend-zone.
Simp actually thought girl would marry her him.
Girl used SIMP as emotional tampon every time there's heartbreak.
Girl got knocked up by the Tyrone.
Girl has a kid for the Chad.
Girl got battered by Tyrone.
Now girl remembers the Simp she left.
SIMP gonna become a cuck and step-daddy .

Don't be Mr SIMP.
U omitted pookie
...lol
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by bepositive11: 1:50am On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I have friends who, after a terrible breakup decided on that route and they held it for a while too. Anyone who met them in any of those phases would have assumed them sociopaths when in fact they were just angry. undecided

I am far from a sociopath myself but even I confess that I have appeared so to others at points in my life, and this because my mental was off somewhere else at those moments or periods. undecided

You don't know the meaning of "lack of empathy". Go and meet a real life psychopath or narcissist or sociopath first, then you'll understand the meaning.

People who lack empathy are the kinds of people who can hurt you physically, emotionally, or mentally and not feel guilty about it at all. In fact they know that they're hurting you, and they'll continue to hurt you because they enjoy hurting you.

If the above applies to you, I'm sorry, you are either a narcissist, sociopath or psychopath. No normal human being at any point in their life becomes like that. Even if you're behaving like that because something tragic happened to you, it shows that deep down, you're either narcissistic, sociopathic, or psychopathic. You're the kind who can kill your partner if they should ever upset you really bad.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Kobojunkiee: 2:30am On Aug 16, 2022
ObidientFC:
Told her about seeing a counselor. She said the man doenst listen to anyone at all. His take is final.
Well, she has crossed that T with him is what that means and since he refused. She can at least leave knowing she made an attempt but was met with resistance. undecided
Re: My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin by Caseless: 2:47am On Aug 16, 2022
doctore212:
The cost of Olosho have risen recently.

Can you imagine to chop without touching breast now cost as much as 1k
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Proposes To Her Boyfriend At The Club, Boyfriend Embarrassed (Video) / What Will You Do In This Situation / Are White Boyfriends Better Than Black Boyfriends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.