Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (34329 Views)

Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? / 4 Reasons Men Test And Sleep With Several Ladies Before Settling Down / Losing Interest In My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by BigBashiru: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2022
Icumsa45:
I am about getting married to be honest and I am not looking forward to it. It's serious stress committing to one woman especially if she's not homely.

Or if shes already aged and no longer hot!
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Faber(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
donem:

Lolz Brother man it's not easy I tellz you. me am no saint o.. but my life is worthy of being emulated as a model, ain't hypeing here.
am like captain America, am good at saving a life lol, I can help peeps close to me to an extent of going bankrupt, so this isn't about not providing or giving to her. to cut long story short found through some source she did hookup, inspite giving her 100k less than a week to the incident, as I ended the relationship yesterday, e clear her for eye, because it was within a twinkle of an eye, and e be her like film.

my saving grace is that my profession made me kill my emotions a long time ago, else man for the somehow depressed, via marriage plans I been done make finish, I give up relationship for now, we move, all the way.

Blessed up man...no time to check time. She will come begging, but zero your mind and pursue greater heights. Me I don line up the replacement of the one I dey with now.

Her replacement dey for bench, waiting for her to bleep up, then I get her fired

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Starzo: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2022
Zooposki:

Stay there dey ask me small pikin question.

The only surprise here would have you if your actually came up with a reasonable answer. But I'm not surprised.

It's the level your brains function at
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by BigBashiru: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2022
BigYash:
Keep justifying cow shit. Nobody is body shaming you. Stop leaving irresponsible life style. There are deadly diseases out there,there are ritualist out there ,outside even the marriage part.

Anyways, you can continue bleeping the world,if you like.. Its your body and not mine.. When the results starts coming, na only you go dey see am too. Bitch say na body shaming, for sleeping with over 200 men grin grin..

Just listen to yourself. God forbid bad thing o

When the result starts coming na husband moni go dey treat am for hospital..... husbands are getting a VERY BAD deal....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2022
Icumsa45:

Like how my mother raised me. What I am facing na Instagram styled somebody

Your wife is your wife. Your mother is your mother. From different generations too. It beats my imagination how you would expect another human from a different background to treat you like your mom? Or is there something I am not understanding?

And why do you want to settle with an Instagram slay queen?
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Zooposki(f): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
Starzo:

The only surprise here would have you if your actually came up with a reasonable answer. But I'm not surprised.

Of course I know. That’s why I said you are asking me small pikin question. Polyandry is quite legal in a few countries.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by adefitim(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
I Dey face one babe now wey Dey pressure me for marriage mo ya fun ni kala je

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by KayB: 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
There are willing baby mamas nowadays so what's essence of rushing

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by litetias(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
LalastiklaIa:
No benefit whatsoever. The average Nigerian woman is vile and hedonistic and we don't want that
You're so right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by litetias(m): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
alizma:
Why should they be interested when a girl at restaurants can respect and serve you better for the food you paid for than the woman you paid her bride price, when women/girls now honor and respect you as boyfriend than when you marry them, why should a man be interested in something that will reduce his value. Girls now claim they are equal to men but they insist the man provide for the needs of the family.
Preach on pastor

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Zooposki(f): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
Starzo:

It was once practiced in some parts of your country. Lol. Most women now practice it illegally by having multiple boyfriends and assigning the child got from any of them to the most suitable one. Buhaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Awhy4u(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Abujason:
IF YOU CAN GET THE MILK FOR FREE, WHY BUY THE WHOLE COW?

grin

You go get access to the milk anytime ���

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by MrBachelor: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demigod22:

For me, I will gladly choose bottle of French Wine over marriage.

Comrade, you've spoken well.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
Why are men loosing interest in settling down?
cos we now v many chickens unfit for being responsible

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by achimendy(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Rozross:
I won’t say it’s all about hardship because I’ve seen comfortable bachelors that has refused to settle down. It’s because of the moral bankruptcy of the society, singles are also enjoying the privileges of marriage , so they become reluctant in doing the needful.

You're right to some extent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by kwasoly(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
Why are men loosing interest in settling down?

Because the ladies give it free of charge. Who will pay for a product that was given freely?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Your wife is your wife. Your mother is your mother. From different generations too. It beats my imagination how you would expect another human from a different background to treat you like your mom? Or is there something I am not understanding?

And why do you want to settle with an Instagram slay queen?

It's complicated, I have told her what I observed and she keeps telling me she will change. Do grown girls change?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by kaymart: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Faber:

The one I dey with now, her eye dey hook up, I don try my best to calm her down, but the girl need the hook up badly so anytime she show sign of it again...I will break up and let her go. I don tell her papa
This is funny?
Is this for real or a joke?
U already married her and done the necessity and she's still displaying such toxic traits?
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Moniya4Real(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
Because more often than not, it brings heartache. My wife of 12 years, which produced two kids left me cos she thinks I am not making enough money only for me to find out she has been cheating on me with one married Yoruba actor���…… the sad thing is, I trusted her wholeheartedly. I am depressed right now.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Ninorex: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2022
Things hard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by donleo92(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2022
yemi1504:

I am saying the same thing too. It's like, they are oblivious of the harsh economic climate currently especially for men.

they think it's easy for guys to squeeze out from the little they are earning to give you is easy..
and after that someone is comparing you with another modafucka.

me I told my ex. go and meet him ooh. hmmm, the story did not too end well for her

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by THURAFTERNOON: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2022
Faber:

My confusion is that I dey give her everything she wants o. But she keeps on opening new Facebook accounts, she have five Facebook accounts...always online on all of them..then two WhatsApp and 2 Telegram. After much wahala from me she shut down 3 remaining 2..she keeps telling people she wants to enjoy this life first before marriage, meaning she wants to go taste different sizes of di*ks and guys. So I don call her papa and mama for her home town, tell them o. Any more sign of insubordination, she gats to go. I don drop last warning give them.

I am talking of a girl born 2003 my man

Brov, this one eye Dey inside hookup no cap.. if she enter school, just forget about her … you should not even be with her anymore …damnnn all these girls don turn another thing else, people no dy marry again oo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by THURAFTERNOON: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Icumsa45:

It's complicated, I have told her what I observed and she keeps telling me she will change. Do grown girls change?

Spoiler bro . She can’t.
She didn’t build the habit today .. Please thread carefully brother. Most times we see these flags but tend to ignore it due to what I really can’t understand tbh. I am glad I dumped mine girl now turned ex .. Could you believe it was after months of cutting comms I started to se the crazy red flags , I’m glad I did not go all in before I dumped her. Still wants to get back tho, they always want to… but pls be careful my bro… marriage is eternity shit we don’t want to make grave mistakes as guys.he who finds a good wife Heaven has blessed automatically. Safe bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2022
donleo92:

they think it's easy for guys to squeeze out from the little they are earning to give you is easy..
and after that someone is comparing you with another modafucka.

me I told my ex. go and meet him ooh. hmmm, the story did not too end well for her

It never ends well for them as their ilk is always in the majority as such kind of rich guys get to pick the best among them like point and kill catfish and leave the rest out there hanging in the cold lol grin. As I said again there will be a lot of frustrated single ladies and single mothers in this our generation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:

Spoiler bro . She can’t.
She didn’t build the habit today .. Please thread carefully brother. Most times we see these flags but tend to ignore it due to what I really can’t understand tbh. I am glad I dumped mine girl now turned ex .. Could you believe it was after months of cutting comms I started to se the crazy red flags , I’m glad I did not go all in before I dumped her. Still wants to get back tho, they always want to… but pls be careful my bro… marriage is eternity shit we don’t want to make grace mistakes as guys.he who finds a good wife Heaven has blessed automatically. Safe bro

If it's going to make me berserk, I will leave.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amumaigwe:

But once the Pastor calls out single and searching ladies in church for prayers, their number will be enough for 5 different batches. Are they praying for the bar to lowered so that can find a man?

You can say that again! Our mothers didn't have these issues that they are having because they were realistic.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Revolva(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demigod22:
Economic factor: we have young men who are ready to settle down, but the economic downturn of Nigeria is taking away their dreams. Who do you feed and raise kids with no job? How do you take responsibility with meagre pay cheque? How can a jobless man raise bride price?

Emotional fraud: most people have neglected fidelity in a relationship/marriage. Men having extra marital affairs and women having babies for their ex in her marriage.

Scary event: Most girls are into hookup and do irredeemable stuffs for money, how can a man witnessing all these have the courage to settle down?

For me, I will gladly choose bottle of French Wine over marriage.

Help.me tell Dem , na d hookup part de annoy me for most naija gals

Don't ever trust Dem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Demigod22: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
sniperr007:

Well, everything in life is risky but we still do it. Prayerfully you meet a lady that won't give you stress.

You made a valid point.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Demigod22: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
is a woman a goat that bride price should be paid?? Won't the woman contribute to abi the man go die on top providing for family...

As a Nigerian, familiar with different cultures like Igbo of Imo extraction and other tribes and the importance of bride price, and the very selfish and unsupportive attitude of most Nigerian girls, you shouldn't have asked this question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demigod22:

As a Nigerian, familiar with different cultures like Igbo of Imo extraction and other tribes and the importance of bride price, and the very selfish and unsupportive attitude of most Nigerian girls, you shouldn't have asked this question.
man I can't marry a woman who won't contribute it's suicide... I rather remain single... And those unnecessary payment I no-go do am...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Icumsa45:

Yes, grown people (girls and boys) change when they see a cause to change. From another angle, it depends on what her flaw is/are and how intentional she's about changing. Some habits don't leave. But, I believe with therapy and help, people can.

2. She may just be driven by "youthful exuberance". The bloom of youth. If you cannot cope, let her grow and get to that level of consciousness and the decision to intentionally change. For example, how I saw the world and behaved at 22 is not exactly the way I do now. Growth comes with change.

How old is she?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Demigod22: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
yemi1504:

Economic factor is because our women are still archaic and think the men should shoulder all the responsibilities without contributing financially to this. The smart ones who are ready to contribute financially to a home and grow with their man are getting married every weekend. Unfortunately, they are in the minority!

You are correct. Most of our girls display unsupportive attitude towards relationship, selfishness or laziness, I don't know, maybe poor foundation.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lawyer Proposes To His Girlfriend On A Train Ride From Abuja To Kaduna / I'm Sleeping With My Boss In The Office / How Do I Control The Urge To Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.