Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,936 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (34371 Views)

Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? / 4 Reasons Men Test And Sleep With Several Ladies Before Settling Down / Losing Interest In My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Dsomie(f): 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Totally unrelated but kudos to guys consistently raising bars to keep their girls. Na Man una be!!!!!!!!!!!!! so cute

[url=]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02u2NGwCfzI[/url]

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by LollySeaSide: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
potland:
what happened in your first marriage? Care to share
What I posted there is from a friend to whom I sent this question when I first saw it.
As for me, I have never being "married" although I lived with a woman for some time.
I can't say I share his views completely.
I enjoy having women around me, especially beautiful ones with full options.
But what I read these days makes marriage really scary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kenpaly:
Mariage is very good if you ask me,but it depend one whom you married.i will advice guy pls marry a strong lady that can hustle.at least a lady that can bring 40% finance in family.

Even the ones hustling want their man to shoulder all the responsibilities without contributing anything. Their mantra is his money our money but my money is my money unfortunately sigh SMH. So you can see where the problems are coming from.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Any guy marrying at this day and age is a joker

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ufuosman(m): 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
uchennaq:

What of me that married when I was earning peanuts nko? By the time you keep deceiving yourself, that is when you will take the bull by his horn, else you will soon become an old loner Grandpa.
you are earning, many people are still struggling to see something doing, so battle just to feed dem self and many are still staying with dere family members why some friends

Bro many people are going through hardship, to struggle to feed themselves alone

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Balidude(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
Well, most of girls are are actually looking for already man made.
Secondly they're after worldly materialism
Most of us (men and women) we don't consider religion first in our marital planning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by jeromestarks: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
potland:
can i marry a girl i disvirgined but has been with other men after me?
Yes. Marry her.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Mayeldah(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
Both the young man that refuse to marry because of economy or because Olosho full everywhere and the young lady that feels doing runs girl/babymama/whoocup is the way out of marriage may regret it soonest.

When you start getting older at 55-65 years without a companion that's when you understand it better, also waiting till older age to have children isn't the best. No one wants to be rasing children at an old age.

starting when you are not that bouyant is not a bad idea, you will be happy you did when you see your children all grown while you are still young. Just get a woman that suits your bill and don't copy others. it is not compulsory you must have a white wedding or a big Trad wedding.

Women you can start life with at a low/medium income full everywhere, na you dey put eye for the one wey pass you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
Enddy50ty:
Hoes everywhere.

A real Wife material is scarce

You can say that again!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
Exceed15:
Because the homely, submissive and respectful girl can turn tiger.

You can say that again!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
abobote:
Men who are not ready to settle are looking for excuse.
I'm married, and happy

I am but I will not grow grey hairs due to stress shouldering all the responsibilities of a home all in the name of getting married!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Faber(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
potland:
the way its going, in five years time ninety percent of nigerian girls will be doing hookup. Where i wan see wife material like dis?

The one I dey with now, her eye dey hook up, I don try my best to calm her down, but the girl need the hook up badly so anytime she show sign of it again...I will break up and let her go. I don tell her papa

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
obedience4:
Because of the fake perception that women ain't loyal and that they bring nothing to the table,, that they have fish brains and all after the money..

Fake or realistic?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by sniperr007(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
uthlaw:
I should pray because she bring billions of dollars....you get sense like this!

She may not bring dollars but the connect and the extra hand to get those billions
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
EmmyDJourno:
Most Women are not ready to help a struggling man
I was at a Men’s conference yesterday and trust me men are going through a lot they can’t share with their wives coz many women are only in for the good times

You can say that again! Most women want a made man instead so what do you expect?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
donleo92:
because most women ain't ready to start with a guy.

their all want already made men, so right now, I want to build myself and pray to God for the right woman

I am saying the same thing too. It's like, they are oblivious of the harsh economic climate currently especially for men.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by donem: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demigod22:
Economic factor: we have young men who are ready to settle down, but the economic downturn of Nigeria is taking away their dreams. Who do you feed and raise kids with no job? How do you take responsibility with meagre pay cheque? How can a jobless man raise bride price?

Emotional fraud: most people have neglected fidelity in a relationship/marriage. Men having extra marital affairs and women having babies for their ex in her marriage.

Scary event: Most girls are into hookup and do irredeemable stuffs for money, how can a man witnessing all these have the courage to settle down?

For me, I will gladly choose bottle of French Wine over marriage.
At the bolded, I swear I just lost the zeal, broke up with the girl I intended getting married to due that hookup shit, who even thought them that hookup name, instead of Prostitution? let a spade be called it's name.

Damn! if I like might just do baby mama, if I really want to have kid.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by KEVIND: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
BigYash:
You go spend millions to package wedding.
After which,the woman ( girls of today) will still go and be fucking around.

She won't even let you have peace in your own house. She will make people outside see you as a bad person, meanwhile na them be devil.

Those days you will see people getting married every Saturday.. Right now,e don cast. Guys are wiser now..
Better say I use the wedding money buy land .. Find one girl wen go born for me. Cux na pikin make me wan marry before. If na toto I dey find,if I need 100 at once,as long as money dey,I go get am.

Since girls say men are scum. We go know who go be scum later.. We Move!

Blessings to the Real Niggas on this site ,and middle finger to the SIMPs..

True talk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by frozen70(f): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
Why are men loosing interest in settling down?

It's because of cost of living and the drama that goes with today's marriage

You can't run away from a woman so it's not basically about the women with their drama

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by uthlaw: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
sniperr007:

She may not bring dollars but the connect and the extra hand to get those billions
extra hand that makes married men got broke on daily basis...marriage is overrated my broda!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Bmaster(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
oke2018:
Who are those patronising them
to be sincere with you,na bcoz men dey patronize them,na him make men never reason settling down
Imagine as a man when konji hold you,and you are unable to find available kpekus to bang,Omo e get where you go masturbate reach,then you'll start reasoning to settle down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by FireUpNow(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
Nigerian women see marriage as a business venture where they gain everything and everytime.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by PDemercado(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
My guess is that there is nothing to really gain for men in marriage but there is alot to gain for the women after divorce.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
David160:

Wife material is hard to find.

You can say that again! Woke generation of women has destroyed our wife materials for us sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Johel(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
Why are men loosing interest in settling down?

Many ladies out there are so senseless,ill cultured and lack fear of God...so we rather stay single and live in peace than marrying an evil child...Marriage ain't for everyone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by yemi1504: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
MNDY:
Woke women taking submission for slavery when in submission, both parties have their say and the Headship has the final say. Before you find a good woman among this generation of woke and highly manipulative generation of women, you go suffer. I understand that times are hard and finance plays a key role. But the issues I highlighted above have also become issues of serious concern.

Abi. Most of them are woke these days, whatever that is!

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by lexander(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
Rayban25:

Apart from economy we have some women that will marry you and then divorce you to take your money...in the case of if you're not married to her and shes a babymama, you can still be commanded by the court to pay child support so its risky to just give your last name or seed to just any woman
not in Nigeria am guessing the op is talking about the situation in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by donem: 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Savedday:
because they don't want to waste their precious time, resources and love on a 9ja girl.

9ja girls don't love and dey will never love u.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

Know this and know peace
If not for my exposure to be sincere, I will have been tempted to concur on the bolded, but I disagree with you, if u say like 90% then I will agree with you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Utanisco(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Because the EVE in the bible,they are still much alive

I can never marry

Godforbid woman in ma life

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
donem:

If not for my exposure to be sincere, I will have been tempted to concur on the bolded, but I disagree with you, if u say like 90% then I will agree with you.

If you check his other posts you'll know it's not that deep grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Akuruoulo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
uchennaq:

Insensible human being. If your parents had this ideology maybe you would been raised in a foster home. Bloody nonsense.

U will be talking like an idiot everytime .

Women of the oldies are far more sensible

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by jaxxy(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2022
Rozross:
I won’t say it’s all about hardship because I’ve seen comfortable bachelors that has refused to settle down. It’s because of the moral bankruptcy of the society, singles are also enjoying the privileges of marriage , so they become reluctant in doing the needful.

There has always been moral bankruptcy for thousands of years ago. prostitution didn't start with this generation. Maybe the increase or awareness of it has affected the availability of decent people or the decency required for marriage aswell as the increase in failed marriages due to poor knowledge of how and what to know and look for in a partner and what marriage means.

There are a combination of factors and reasons. I think.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dark Side Of Dating Broke Dudes / Miss Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 2 / 4 Disadvantages Of Dating A Younger Man In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.