Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? (21678 Views)

What Is Heaven Like? / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by ComradeShegs(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2022
Zee0007:
Heaven is not made for Christians but believers. You can be a Christian and yet not believe in Jesus Christ.

Once you are a believer, you will make heaven. But heaven is not the final resting place for believers. It is a temporary place to stay before the new world is created. A world where one is ageless and not bound by time. A place for eternal rest and koinonia.

The new Jerusalem. You don't want to miss it.

If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, then you're not a Christian Oga.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by NigerianAngelo(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
ayourbamie:

I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me... Unless there's another father somewhere.

My opinion though.

My response is not for the feeble minded

Outside the One, Universal Christian Faith there is no salvation.
Say it as it is. It will set free.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
adeoyekay:
Once you accept JESUS as your LORD and personal saviour heaven is yours.

That means I will mk heaven..

What of those who work for him like clean church, join choir and help the needy?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by CALCULUS16: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
Homo sapiens always desire
From desire arises hope and the will to live after death
God didn't create us to test us and punish us if we fail the test
God didn't create us to serve HIM but He created us for his pleasure
Oblivion or reincarnation should have been the reward for the evil doers rather than tormenting them in hell fire as we know God is all caring God
Heavens description relates with the earthly things, they will say , heavens road is paved with gold, we are going to live in mansions base on our deeds, we are going to be crowned etc all these describe greediness, lust, desire for high ranks, etc most worshippers are sycophants in the house of God, praising him cos they know what they want to collect from Him.
We created all these heaven and hell by ourself.
Heaven is for Christians and Heaven is for Muslims cos it's a mental construct.
I am a believer of total oblivion of who we are in flesh after death but a believer in one consciousness with God after death.
Everybody with his own belief : D
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Andytyx(m): 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Maynmann:
Your heaven/garden of eden is in iraq.
Your hell is in Jerusalem.

Keep worshipping middle east gods cheesy
Lucifer Spotted
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Honchoslim16(m): 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
Every Religion has their views!

I just wonder why in Nigeria,Christians feel like what they practice/follow is better than their fellow neighbors.

We all have different Languages,Culture,Traditions in the World ....... Definitely there's more than 1000 ways to connect to the Supreme Diety.

I am born in a Christian home,but it's not my thing...... I still prefer Yoruba Spirituality .
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by 2Radii: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:
People are born into different family, religion, tribe and culture. I see some families with both Christians and Muslim in it.

My question now is that people who are born into a family of Islam, Hindu, Judaism, paganism and whatever, does it mean they can't make heaven.

Because I know I am a Christian basically because I was born into a Christian home, and I find it difficult to convert to any other religion no matter the amount of preaching, same goes to those born into Islam Hindu and the rest.

Please I need scholars in the house for more clarification.

Is al-janah made for Muslim alone??
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by yusufwaheed(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Heaven is a mirage. Let he who has been there come out and narrate else don't come here and be churning out gibberish. Christianity is a religion of our slave masters, they partook in brutal killings and bundled our forefathers into the sea on a journey of no return, they colonised our land, took our edifices and traditional religion, called our Gods evil and handed over to us bible after years of brainwashing, they created two mirages called Hell and Heaven, the former is meant for those who stood their grounds and look them in the face while the later (heaven) is for those morons and zombies who know not their right from the left. Surprisingly, these white supremacists are Christians.

God bless you.

Before Jesus Christ came, which religion does Adam, Joseph, Abraham and Moses practice?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by shegun1406(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
For God so love the world, that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Lepon02: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Christians wey think say heaven nah for only them dey very funny. cheesy

Ema tan ara yin ooo!
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:
People are born into different family, religion, tribe and culture. I see some families with both Christians and Muslim in it.

My question now is that people who are born into a family of Islam, Hindu, Judaism, paganism and whatever, does it mean they can't make heaven.

Because I know I am a Christian basically because I was born into a Christian home, and I find it difficult to convert to any other religion no matter the amount of preaching, same goes to those born into Islam Hindu and the rest.

YES ...for Peter Obi sopotters only ((THE TRUE CHRISTIANS)) smiley
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by liver123(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yes, Christianity is not a religion but a way of life. You are not a Christian because you go to church, you are a Christian because you behaves like Christ (Christlike). Not everyone who go to church is a Christian. As a church goer you need to transcend from from just going to church to living a life of christ that when you can be a Christian and that's when you can make heaven.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Diligence: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
Acts 4:12
[12]Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
@Yungmil

The straight answer to your question is No, it's not only christians that will make heaven, albeit let's dissect the matter with scriptures.

Rom.2.12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (KJV)

Rom.2.13 For it is not merely hearing the Law [read] that makes one righteous before God, but it is the doers of the Law who will be held guiltless and acquitted and justified. (AMP)

Rom.2.14 When Gentiles who have not the [divine] Law do instinctively what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, since they do not have the Law. (AMP)

Rom.2.15 They show that the essential requirements of the Law are written in their hearts and are operating there, with which their consciences (sense of right and wrong) also bear witness; and their [moral] decisions (their arguments of reason, their condemning or approving thoughts) will accuse or perhaps defend and excuse [them] (AMP)

Now let's cross reference because scripture must explain scripture

Acts.17.30 Such [former] ages of ignorance God, it is true, ignored and allowed to pass unnoticed; but now He charges all people everywhere to repent (to change their minds for the better and heartily to amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins), (AMP)

Titus.1.15 To the pure [in heart and conscience] all things are pure, but to the defiled and corrupt and unbelieving nothing is pure; their very minds and consciences are defiled and polluted. (AMP)

2Cor.1.12 It is a reason for pride and exultation to which our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world [generally] and especially toward you, with devout and pure motives and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God (the unmerited favor and merciful kindness by which God, exerting His holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, and keeps, strengthens, and increases them in Christian virtues). (AMP)

Rom.9.1 I am speaking the truth in Christ. I am not lying; my conscience [enlightened and prompted] by the Holy Spirit bearing witness with me (AMP)

Acts.23.1 Then Paul, gazing earnestly at the council (Sanhedrin), said, Brethren, I have lived before God, doing my duty with a perfectly good conscience until this very day [as a citizen, a true and loyal Jew]. (AMP)

Acts.24.16 Therefore I always exercise and discipline myself [mortifying my body, deadening my carnal affections, bodily appetites, and worldly desires, endeavoring in all respects] to have a clear (unshaken, blameless) conscience, void of offense toward God and toward men. (AMP)

The essence of all the scriptures I quotes was to buttress ROM 2:14, it tells you straight up that people who lived with thier sense of right and wrong will make heaven provided Christ was never preached to them. This is true, it will surprise you know that those in heaven are far more than those in Hell, this again is true, it's an insight I was privileged to get. Let's go further....

Rom.10.14 But how are people to call upon Him Whom they have not believed [in Whom they have no faith, on Whom they have no reliance]? And how are they to believe in Him [adhere to, trust in, and rely upon Him] of Whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? (AMP)

You remember this part of scripture? This the conclusion of the matter a Hindu man, a Muslim, a pagan, an atheist who was never opportuned to hear about Jesus, on what basis will God the father condemn the person? This is a real question a reasoning believer should answer, on what basis? And so to every civilization God the father have given part of the 10 commandments, the Eskimos in the north pole have one commandment which is, though shall not kill, if a believer never reaches them to preach Christ, God the father will judge them by that one commandment and the state of thier conscience.

However a pagan, Hindu man or Muslim or atheist who has never heard of Jesus but soiled his/her conscience and continues in it (sense of right or wrong, every human has this) by going against it, will not make heaven, just like a believer who knows that lying, murder and fornication is bad and yet continues in it, that believer will also not make heaven.

So what is the advantage of being a Christian if an unbeliever who hasn't heard of Jesus will make heaven, in the Divine Schemes of God, when God created man, a Christian was the template of living, so when fall happened and God started with the Jews, he expects every unbelievable to look at the life of the Jews and want to serve thier Thier God, because of the excellencies that comes with that life style, from spiritually, to finance to exploits in life, hence Nebuchadnezzar's confession, so also what Jesus came to give to the entire human race, a Muslim should be able to look at a believer and say I desire this kind of living because of the excellencies (advantages) that comes with it, the problem now is that when a believer wants to secure those advantages the flesh and sin has to be eliminated with consistent fasting, prayer, consecration and upgrading of the mind to function in the sphere (religion, finance, politics, entertainment) that Jesus wants, how many believers have paid this price to be mirrows to the world? To reveal uncommon inventions, power to heal and make whole, setting territories free from natural disasters and capriciousness of Satan. God will will help us all.

I hope this helps?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by onyeka3310: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
One thing our creator didn't create is religion... anybody saying heaven is for Christian alone is just a fool
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by shinealight(m): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:

Thank you for this question.
It is important to note that Heaven is not meant for religionists only (be it Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc) neither are those who are non-adherents of any of the religions barred from ascending to Heaven. The important thing is to live according to the “Will of the Creator” during our brief sojourn on Earth. Hence, in some scriptures, the prayer is given….”Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven”. From this we can infer that if the Creator’s Will is being done here on Earth, then even the Earth can become like Heaven for us human beings!
Now, the question is …what is the “Will of the Creator” for us? We must know and be clear about what the Creator’s Will is before we can strive to live accordingly. A guide to this is already provided for mankind through the “Ten Commandments” given to us through Moses which must be adhered to in our relations with our fellowmen (i.e. the “neighbours” that we are admonished to love as we love ourselves).
Beyond our personal relationships with others, we can also see the Will of the Creator by observing the constant, unchanging and inflexible workings of Nature.
We see that when we plant maize, we reap maize in abundance (not beans)….so we can see that “What You Sow is what You Reap”…..it is a Law of Creation, hence a manifestation of the Will of the Creator!
We can also observe that Birds of a Feather tend to flock together (which suggests “homogeneity”)…..it is again a Law of Creation, hence a manifestation of the Will of the Creator!
We can also observe that what is light tends to float upwards and what is heavier sinks (suggests gravitational force)….it is again a Law of Creation, hence a manifestation of the Creator’s Will.
Furthermore, we can observe that “Everything” is in constant motion within this Creation….even things that appear static or immovable actually have constituents like electrons, neutrons, etc that are in constant motion. The Law of Motion is therefore also a manifestation of the Creator’s Will.
In summary, the various manifestations of the Creator’s Will serve to demonstrate to us “humans” how the sojourners on this Earth are meant to direct their affairs while living here if they wish to be truly happy. Needless to say, contravention of the Creator’s Will can only lead to retrogression, disease and penury!
Those who are then able to chart their course in earthly life by living in accordance with the Creator’s Will may then attain to maturity of their spirit which ultimately enables their spirit to ascend into the eternal regions in Heaven!!

1 Like

Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by 007Marvel(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
If you're a Christian because you're born into a Christian home, it means you're not a true Christian because Christianity is not by birth but by choice.

I'm not a Christian because I was born into a Christian home, but because I choose to follow Jesus.

I was a sinner bound for hell before that despite being born into a christian home.

He used that as a reference to the fact that people born into religious home find it difficult to accept other religion! Your kind of answer is the reason why the internet is what it is today! People do not read to understand what the other person wrote,all they do this days is attack your for airing your own view! You didn't even give him a answer to his question!
(Jesus is the way the truth and the life no one cometh to the father except through him)
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by stasius: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
adeoyekay:

Just like that?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Nicenixon: 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
What about people that died before gospel reach them?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Backlaw406(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
To be sincere. If there is heaven, nobody is going to heaven because there is no one without a sin. No one is righteous.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by VenumX: 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
It's made for those who God considers righteous.
But ask yourself...if you reject God's son - the Christ and his teachings, do you think you would be considered worthy?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Investortg: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:

One God with difference Approach... Your choice! True reliegion centers her principles on AGAPE LOVE to mankind, wich is the basic of creation (LOVE YOUR LOVE)
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
As a Muslim, this same question comes up last week with some of my family...

One of them said: on the judgment day, every soul will be question in Arabic which really turn me off. Then I asked, what will happen to none Muslim and people who doesn't understand Arabic? Or it'll automatically inserted into them?

Then, I also asked, what will happened to those before Islam?... But I haven't been convinced than referring me go to modrasa to learn or read more of QURAN.

Now, I also put it to Christian leaders here, please what will happen to those before Christenity? Or Have they gotten their judgement already?

To me, I see religion as a political party, and everyone has its own principle or law to guide it.. I don't see anything wrong in religion but I will advise we all stick to the rules and do good in life.

1 Like

Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Safiatu: 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Do good u will make heaven, do bad u will enter hell fire.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by victorazy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:

The answer is in John 14: 1-5
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by descarado: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Religion is cult. People condemn cultism yet they are part of it. Ironical
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by duro4chang(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
adeoyekay:
I as a Christian also believe what you just said now but there is an issue I want us to consider.
Some years back when I was a kid I lived with my grandma. In the same house there was an old woman.(A very old woman) She was not a Christian but at night she would pray to God without mentioning the name of Jesus. Perhaps she prayed in the morning I would not know because I was young a d would not wake up early. When it was time for her to di, sometimes she would be unconscious for hours and whenever she gained her consciousness,she would begin to mention names of the people in her family and the village who had died. That she saw them in heaven. She said over there in heaven, they were building her own house and about to finish it . What can we say if this?

1 Like

Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by ayo2008: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
Born again Christians not Christians by title or name
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Ayokequeen(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Yes, heaven is made for Christians only while other religions will end up in hell, that's according to them but the truth is 99% of the same Christians won't make heaven if we are to go by the commandments and all what's in the Bible.
What do you know about Christianity that you're quoting Bible out of context? If you like read the Bible from now till next year, you can never understand the mystery in it except you have the spirit of God to interpret it to you. The Bible is the word of God, so anyone who will read and understand it must have the spirit of God. Stop claiming you know Bible, oga you know natin.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Vello(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
[/size][size=8pt]
Yungmil:

Let me help you.
But first, read this�
I was born a Christian...
My parents were Christians...
I was a Christian...
Got 'born again' over 30 times...
Got baptized 2ce...
Became fervent...
Became an evangelist...
Faithful in tithe and offerings...
Never missed vigils and programs...
Turned preacher and Bible teacher...
Turned assistant pastor...
About to be ordained a pastor...

... And lots more...

Yet, something was missing... Nagging questions in my mind... A vacuum or void I could not explain...

AND I WAS MISERABLE!!!
POVERTY WAS A CONSTANT THING
SICKENESS WAS PERPETUAL FROM STRESS
HUNGER WAS NORMAL THEN AND CONVERTIBLE TO FASTING

WHAT A WRETCH I WAS...

UNTIL I STUMBLED ON THE TRUTH...
I found God in the least of all places...
In my heart, my breathe, my being!
Then, it clicked!
I found the answer...
Starring at me all these years...
AND FUNNY THING IS, THE BIBLE CONFIRMED IT

Man don't need religion. We need reconnection with our being!
Adeboye knows this
Oyedepo knows this
Most 'god of men' knows this truth but...

I don't live my life in fear
I am not ruled by doctrines of men anymore
And this song made sense "AM NO LONGER A SLAVE TO FEAR, I AM A CHILD OF GOD"
Listen to it again with a new understanding

God loves all irrespective of religion, creed, race or clime.

1 Like

Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Trueprophet91: 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:

Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) / CAN Criticises Churches For Inviting Nollywood Celebrities, Musicians & Comedian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.