Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny (9024 Views)

Wake Up Call To Igbos, Proof They Are Ijaw-nizing Opobo And Bonny / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by paramakina202: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Jaja was not the Only one that founded Opobo the Anna Pepple Ijaw trading house were also there infact Anna Pepple Ijaw house are the real owners of Opobo because Opobo was their Trading Post

Who was Anna Pepple?
Another Igbo man by blood and by origin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
666Advocate:
Go and claim it physical and not online.
We are not fighting about this, at least not today, nothing we both say here would change the fact that this development has emerged, so calm down, I have heard your point let others have their views, your views are really appreciated by me so chill, what will be will be and what will not be will not be, take it easy on yourself okay, this is the round table not the battle field
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
Christistruth00:
grin grin grin

The next thing you are going to hear is Opobo and Bonny are no mans Land

At least they have given up on dragging Lagos

Because we proved to them land ownership in Lagos is not under Nigerian Constitution. Even the mighty and powerful Federal Government is a tenant, they lease land, not own it, much less a bunch of homeless nomads that were displaced from their autonomous villages and competing over what is beyond their affordability. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by 07kjb: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
EngrKemp:
These land grabbers are shameless..

Opobo and Bonny are ijaws...

No Igbo names or place in Bonny and Opobo.

No boundaries with igbos.
Opobo and Bonny speak ibani.

If Angola has more Portuguese speakers than Portugal,they should be Portuguese then ?
Or Nigeria should be British since Nigeria has more English speakers than the Brits.
Crazy lots.

We sink u all in the Atlantic if u don't mind ur business.

Leave our territory alone.

Hinterland bushmen

Don't use your idiocy to spoil this thread, intelligent people are discussing

6 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Because we proved to them land ownership in Lagos is not under Nigerian Constitution. Even the mighty and powerful Federal Government is a tenant, they lease land, not own it, much less a bunch of homeless nomads that were displaced from their autonomous villages and competing over what is beyond their affordability. grin grin
I have told one of you, if you go by this type of analogy, you would need at least 100 years to recover all lands Yorubas sold in Lagos and that’s if your people stop selling yet until today you are still selling lands so it is going to take generations if at all such recovery is possible and very unlikely to happen while Nigeria exist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by christistruth01: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

I have told one of you, if you go by this type of analogy, you would need at least 100 years to recover all lands Yorubas sold in Lagos and that’s if your people stop selling yet until today you are still selling lands so it is going to take generations if at all such recovery is possible and very unlikely to happen while Nigeria exist

Refuse to pay your Land rent in Lagos and see if the Owners of Lagos will not collect their Land back with everything on it

Also the Gov can revoke the Cof O at anytime in the Public interest

That is what Gov Yaya Bello is now using to threaten Dangote Cement in Kogi State so it is a matter of time Dangote will Settle
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Refuse to pay your Land rent in Lagos and see if the Owners will not collect their Land back with everything on it

Also the Gov can revoke the Cof O at anytime in the Public interest

That is what Gov Yaya Bello is now using to threaten Dangote Cement in Kogi State
Collect 1 plot or 2 plots or over a thousand plots owned by over a thousand individuals lol, abeg find something serious and do with your life and stop crying over what doesn’t have a pragmatic impact, have we ever refused giving you Omoniles, you know that’s not a big deal, I’m worried because why would your vibrant population sell their lands then seek handouts from outsiders that’s pathetic, even if the governor recovers any land likely it won’t go back to the natives but to to Lagos state government which the Igbos and others can impact who gets elected

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
EngrKemp:
These land grabbers are shameless..

Opobo and Bonny are ijaws...

No Igbo names or place in Bonny and Opobo.

No boundaries with igbos.
Opobo and Bonny speak ibani.

If Angola has more Portuguese speakers than Portugal,they should be Portuguese then ?
Or Nigeria should be British since Nigeria has more English speakers than the Brits.
Crazy lots.

We sink u all in the Atlantic if u don't mind ur business.

Leave our territory alone.

Hinterland bushmen

They are homeless. They are desperate to find new homes.

1. Displaced by high population density in a small dot.
2. Displaced by political greed in 1966
3. Displaced by war in 67
4. Displaced by economic stagnation in 82
5. Displaced by land erosion in 2014
6. Displaced by marginalization in 2016
7. Displaced by python in 2018
8. Displaced by fulani herdsmen in 2019
9. Displaced by flood in 2020
10. Displaced by Simon Ekpa in 2021

Waiting to be displaced by Tinubu in 2023.

They are homeless, but cunning.
Guard your land and homes.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by christistruth01: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

Collect 1 plot or 2 plots or over a thousand plots owned by over a thousand individuals lol, abeg find something serious and do with your life and stop crying over what doesn’t have a pragmatic impact, have we ever refused giving you Omoniles, you know that’s not a big deal, I’m worried because why would your vibrant population sell their lands then seek handouts from outsiders that’s pathetic, even if the governor recovers any land likely it won’t go back to the natives but to to Lagos state government which the Igbos and others can impact who gets elected

What are you saying?

The Omoniles are not poor

If they refuse to Lease their Lands

People will still be chasing and begging them with higher and higher amounts
I

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
christistruth01:

What are you saying?

The Omoniles are not poor
I
How do you guys find it to rope yourself into something that don't anything to do with you, I’m not going to entertain you into making this another Lagos talk, it seems you can’t stay a day without fighting the Igbos, so if they are rich why did they sell the lands in the first place, I don’t see how this have got anything to do with Lagos or Yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by christistruth01: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2022
grin
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

We have told you repeatedly to stop making the mistake in Lagos that govt has power over land. They dont.

We have even gone as far back as 1861, 1936 and 1942 to replay for you the battle with British Crown and the Colonists. The Supreme Court in England ruled in favour of the land barons. They own the land till today. Lagos State govt is an arbiter, not the owner.

Lagos State govt records and keep ledgers but does not transact, so their role is clerical. The clerk cannot reposess a land fron its ancestral owner and give to a homeless nomad. Will never happen. Just as it would never come to pass that an Ibo will be elected to govern a Yorubaland. Azikiwe tried and failed. At the end he named his son Bamidele, and he still was rejected by Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by onumadu: 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

I live in Enugu, a country is not always about the land but about the people, these are our people, they are related to us and should stay with us, it is happening in Russia, is happening in China, Russia has the biggest land mass in the world why are they fighting in Ukraine?

The reason Russia is fighting in Ukraine has NOTHING to do with land or resources.
It has everything to do with security (i.e STRATEGIC security). If Ukraine never aspired to join NATO (or vowed neutrality from the start), I strongly doubt that Russia would have ever crossed the border. But let me leave it there because this is not a thread for that.

You are very simple citizen honestly a patriot don’t think in the direction you do, Igbos would invest in any part of Nigeria so far as the rest of Nigeria don’t want us to have our own country, what we need to build is the ability to strike fear into the heart of any enemy that trouble our people in any part of the world and Nigeria and it starts by having a solid national self determination which should carry all of our people along

So, as long as Nigeria doesn't want Igbo to have their own country, Igbo must invest in non-Igbo parts of Nigeria forever, abi?
You call me " a very simple citizen" and I wonder how you reached that conclusion when your idea is, to say the least, INFANTILE.
You blame Nigeria for de-investment in your land. Are you even Igbo at all?
Go to Onitsha or Nnewi today and tell me whether the transformation I talk about is not already happening.
Most of the owners of big businesses in these two towns are returnees from other parts of Nigeria.
Two people I know personally are leaving their houses in Lekki and vowed to sell them.
You see, Nigeria will only respect you when you REFUSE TO PLAY THE GAME THEY WANT, and INVENT AND PLAY YOUR OWN GAME.
That is how you "strike fear into the heart of any enemy.." to borrow your words.
Nobody would ever fear you when you lament, beg, try to convince/negotiate ... ALL THE TIME.
Like I said, true Igbo are busy hustling and writing their own narratives and others have no choice than accept what we do.
That is a mark of intelligence, wisdom, and STRENGTH. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by haffaze777(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

They are homeless. They are desperate to find new homes.

1. Displaced by high population density in a small dot.
2. Displaced by political greed in 1966
3. Displaced by war in 67
4. Displaced by economic stagnation in 82
5. Displaced by land erosion in 2014
6. Displaced by marginalization in 2016
7. Displaced by python in 2018
8. Displaced by fulani herdsmen in 2019
9. Displaced by flood in 2020
10. Displaced by Simon Ekpa in 2021

Waiting to be displaced by Tinubu in 2023.

They are homeless, but cunning.
Guard your land and homes.

Sir nothing,I mean nothing can make you enter heaven,if you enter by mistake come kill megrin

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by christistruth01: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

How do you guys find it to rope yourself into something that don’t you, I’m not going to entertain you into making this another Lagos talk, it seems you can’t stay a day without fighting the Igbos, so if they are rich why did they sell the lands in the first place, I don’t see how this have got anything to do with Lagos or Yorubas

Tell us the Price of leasing a Plot of Land on Lagos Island if you think the Omoniles are poor

It is the other way round

You cannot spend a day without trying to Grab others Lands

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

grin
We took from Federal Govt the 150yrs old Governors House they inherited. Who are you, that repossessing lands leased to you will not be possible, even at over 100yrs?

1 Like

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Tell us the Price of leasing a Plot of Land on Lagos Island if you think the Omoniles are poor

They are cunning. But we have their code, and know how to deprogram them.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by haffaze777(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

We have told you repeatedly to stop making the mistake in Lagos that govt has power over land. They dont.

We have even gone as far back as 1861, 1936 and 1942 to replay for you the battle with British Crown and the Colonists. The Supreme Court in England ruled in favour of the land barons. They own the land till today. Lagos State govt is an arbiter, not the owner.

Lagos State govt records and keep ledgers but does not transact, so their role is clerical. The clerk cannot reposess a land fron its ancestral owner and give to a homeless nomad. Will never happen. Just as it would never come to pass that an Ibo will be elected to govern a Yorubaland. Azikiwe tried and failed. At the end he named his son Bamidele and he still was rejected by Yoruba.
grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Lets leave them with their Ijaw brothers to finish their land sharing deals. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Okay this thread is about Igbo and Ijaws go create another for Lagos land, I will not entertain you further on derailing the thread
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
haffaze777:

Sir nothing,I mean nothing can make you enter heaven,if you enter by mistake come kill megrin

grin grin
These people need to hear truth. Even when it is humiliating.

Have you ever heard any other ethnic group go drag land with places and people beyond their own area? Well, Ibo does.

I will understand if they fought war and occupied the land and are contesting rights of that occupation. But they have never defeated anyone in war. So what occupancy rights do they have? None exists, but their madness informs them otherwise. That Nigerian Constitution entitled them to own lands wherever they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by ImperialYoruba: 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

Okay this thread is about Igbo and Ijaws go create another for Lagos land, I will not entertain you further on derailing the thread

Yeah, good luck with your SS brothers.
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
onumadu:

The reason Russia is fighting in Ukraine has NOTHING to do with land or resources.
It has everything to do with security (i.e STRATEGIC security). If Ukraine never aspired to join NATO (or vowed neutrality from the start), I strongly doubt that Russia would have ever crossed the border. But let me leave it there because this is not a thread for that.

So, as long as Nigeria doesn't want Igbo to have their own country, Igbo must invest in non-Igbo parts of Nigeria forever, abi?
You call me " a very simple citizen" and I wonder how you reached that conclusion when your idea is, to say the least, INFANTILE.
You blame Nigeria for de-investment in your land. Are you even Igbo at all?
Go to Onitsha or Nnewi today and tell me whether the transformation I talk about is not already happening.
Most of the owners of big businesses in these two towns are returnees from other parts of Nigeria.
Two people I know personally are leaving their houses in Lekki and vowed to sell them.
You see, Nigeria will only respect you when you REFUSE TO PLAY THE GAME THEY WANT, and INVENT AND PLAY YOUR OWN GAME.
That is how you "strike fear into the heart of any enemy.." to borrow your words.
Nobody would ever fear you when you lament, beg, try to convince/negotiate ... ALL THE TIME.
Like I said, true Igbo are busy hustling and writing their own narratives and others have no choice than accept what we do.
That is a mark of intelligence, wisdom, and STRENGTH. cool
You can’t force others to see your point of view and accept it, the Igbos who invested outside Igboland have contributed to the growth of AlaIgbo and it should be encouraged, you are only scared of what is, running businesses in other places has never stopped our own land from developing, aside Lagos and Abuja, is there any other part of Nigeria more developed than PH and Onitsha

You just make emotional narrative Igbos should invest in Igboland, while AlaIgbo gas is pumped to power Lagos, if they want Igbos in Igboland then let Nigeria divide first, we shall evolve self defense instead of running and who told you the issue of Ijaw, Opobo and Bonny doesn’t threaten the security and political interest of the Igbo Nation.

Like I told you we are different, you are a hustler, I’m a politician we are both advancing our career in different ways
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by EngrKemp: 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

Who is creating Niger Delta lol, that’s a joke taken too far you know, your mates who have clearly seen the handwriting on the wall is Talking about Ijaw Republic yet you are here talking about Niger Delta Republic that is Dead.

Forget your Niger Delta Republic let’s talk on something that has possibility of happening, such Niger Delta Republic can’t hold water, talk about your Ijaw Republic and stop attaching to others, as you can see millennials and Gen Z Igbos are more about AlaIgbo Republic wake up from that dream abeg, Igbos has more right to Niger Delta than you

Besides I’m not threatening you of war, the war is already there, I’m just making suggestions that it don’t escalate, how you translate peace moves to threat baffles me
Whether ijaw republic or Niger delta republic...
I ask again,
Which route or who will give u a right of way to Opobo or Bonny knowing that Opobo and Bonny share no boundaries whatsoever with any single Igbo community of hinterland...

So how do u achieve this?
Where will u pass?
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Yeah, good luck with your SS brothers.
Much better, Igbos and Yorubas have very little in common to fight over regional Eastern issues
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by haffaze777(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

grin grin
These people need to hear truth. Even when it is humiliating.

Have you ever heard any other ethnic group go drag land with places and people beyond their own area? Well, Ibo does.

I will understand if they fought war and occupied the land and are contesting rights of that occupation. But they have never defeated anyone in war. So what occupancy rights do they have? None exists, but their madness informs them otherwise. That Nigerian Constitution entitled them to own lands wherever they want.
Those people are possessed by spirit of Eribu,no amount of prayer and fasting can help them,they're gone forevergrin
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
EngrKemp:

Whether ijaw republic or Niger delta republic...
I ask again,
Which route or who will give u a right of way to Opobo or Bonny knowing that Opobo and Bonny share no boundaries whatsoever with any single Igbo community of hinterland...

So how do u achieve this?
Where will u pass?
What is a boundary please, consult google map and check out IMO River lol, there’s a river boundary between IMO State and Opobo a direct river boundary, boundaries can be land, water and so on

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by EngrKemp: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

You can’t force others to see your point of view and accept it, the Igbos who invested outside Igboland have contributed to the growth of AlaIgbo and it should be encouraged, you are only scared of what is, running businesses in other places has never stopped our own land from developing, aside Lagos and Abuja, is there any other part of Nigeria more developed than PH and Onitsha

You just make emotional narrative Igbos should invest in Igboland, while AlaIgbo gas is pumped to power Lagos, if they want Igbos in Igboland then let Nigeria divide first, we shall evolve self defense instead of running and who told you the issue of Ijaw, Opobo and Bonny doesn’t threaten the security and political interest of the Igbo Nation.

Like I told you we are different, you are a hustler, I’m a politician we are both advancing our career in different ways
Kaduna and I can also argue that Kano is more developed than imo state ?
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by EngrKemp: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

You said Opobo has no boundaries with Igbos, please define a boundary and what is Imo River? I wouldn't retaliate your confrontation, we can deal with it as civilised people uneless any side thinks otherwise
Pls what about imo river?
Pls tell us about the tributary called imo river?
Tell us pls
Also tell us the difference btw a river and an ocean
Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
EngrKemp:

Kaduna and I can also argue that Kano is more developed than imo state ?
Yes, Kano is more developed than IMO state that doesn’t also change that Enugu is more developed than Sokoto state, we keep over 95% of economy of AlaIgbo from Asaba to PH, to Enugu, Owerri, to Onitsha, Nnewi, Nsukka, Aba, Umuahia, Abakiliki etc while getting remittance from other states, Igbos investing outside Igboland is doing as much great job as those investing in Igboland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by AlexBells(m): 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
EngrKemp:

Pls what about imo river?
Pls tell us about the tributary called imo river?
Tell us pls
Also tell us the difference btw a river and an ocean
IMO River is a river boundary between IMO and Opobo, We are talking about boundaries, you asked how would Igbos get to Opobo and I told you, IMO River can be accessed to Opobo directly without entering another territory until Opobo

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny by EngrKemp: 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
AlexBells:

I will honestly not throw away the baby with the bathing water, you are just an individual with a single opinion, those that matters shall consider my proposal and come up with a lasting solution to avert disasters
Same baseless insinuations and Guesses.
What u don't know is that I matter alot.
Ur dreams r buried with u .
Perish the thought .
They r as dead as dead.

I matter alot because I'm an asawo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Gej And All Fec Members To Donate 30% Of Their Salary / Man Jailed For Being Idle In Jos / Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.