Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children (46121 Views)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by tete7000(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..

He is your father and if its within your capability to help, you owe that as an obligation,if you don't, it will be counted against you just as you are counting his against him. An eye for an eye, they say leave everyone blind. Leave God to judge.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by phemmyfour: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jennyclay:
If you choose to distance your emotions from your children, good for you. If you choose to be emotionally attached to your children, good for you.

What ever you sow is what you reap.
So how do we get a balance
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by phemmyfour: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
The joke is on you. It will be on record that you shy away from your responsibility. Whatever you do or don't do at/for his burial is insignificant.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by goshen26: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Wow!!!

Please, for God sake, if God has blessed you please support him.

Forget whatever he has done in the past

Please, please, I beg you in the name of God.

Whatever you give him God will replenish you 10 times.

My dad also neglected us for another woman, and the woman left him to marry former husband. My dad came back home but died not long after.

He did not eat from our fruits now

So if God has blessed you, please help him.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Jennyclay(f): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
So how do we get a balance
I've already balanced it by saying "what ever you sow is what you reap"

If you're NOT emotionally attached to your children, then don't expect your children to be emotionally attached to you when you are old because that's what you sow.

I mean, I why would you have a child and not be emotionally attached to him/her? undecided. Is that not foolishness?

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
ubimagos:
I'm very close to my children but even before my very own eyes they know their preference, I and my wife laugh over it.
Mummy will come and stay with us but Daddy can come and visit and go, I can't blame them, it's natural.
It ain't natural at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by jaxxy(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jennyclay:
If you choose to distance your emotions from your children, good for you. If you choose to be emotionally attached to your children, good for you.

is that a threat?? Lol
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by DarkJeddi(m): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
1Sharon:
And men wonder why mothers day is more popular than fathers day..

It's because the mothers are always there, they know their kids in and out.
Why won't Mother's Day be more popular?
You celebrate 10 mother's Day in a year..
And yet your type would still rain on the parade of Father's Day,with for the deserving fathers out there..
As if all Mothers are deserving..
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by DarkJeddi(m): 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jennyclay:

If you're NOT emotionally attached to your children, then don't expect your children to be emotionally attached to you when you are old because that's what you sow.

I mean, I why would you have a child and not be emotionally attached to him/her? undecided. Is that not foolishness?
Why the bleating up and down?
You have already made it clear severally,that men are scum..
Why are you ventilating up and down on the same scum?
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by shortgun(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
grin grin grin
I am laughing at your stupidity I swear.
Give me the old man's contact let me assist him. I used to think that the old people I see suffering never had kids, I didn't know they gave birth to people like you.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Afodot0022(m): 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
Even though i will say the poster has some point, in other way, its complex, like for me , when i was younger i wasnt that close to my dad, he was this kinda dad that when you hear his car horn, everyone will scatter cos he was though and very discipline, at then i thought he was wicked but when i grew up and became a man and also start having my kids, i start having understanding and even yern to get close to my dad now and also be there to take care of him but unfortunately he died many years ago. Despite being strict and discipline, i still wish he was alive and even love him unto death more than my mum that is still alive now. So this things varies . To some of you that are neglecting your parents now because they were not there for u or otherwise,i pray you have wisdom and do you own bit as child to your parents irrespective of what u went through. That is the command of God, honor your father and your mother so that your days will be long. He didnt said until they take care of you or were they for you, its an automatic command irrespective of any condition

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Nobody should be allowed to eat their cake and have it.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by shortgun(m): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
seanwilliam:

Same fate will befall you in your old age.

Some of you spend so much on women/people who have never contributed shishi to your life. So u want to tell me that your father never for once contributed anything to your life? Even when you were young and know nothing ? I can see your mom really poisoned your mind. Good luck .
Don't mind the emotionally immature man, these are the kind of "men" we have these days. They are the reason marriages and the family life is falling apart.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by phemmyfour: 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jennyclay:

Exactly, it's something that comes naturally
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by etrange: 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
Toxic masculinity is a very big issue in the black community.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
tete7000:

He is your father and if its within your capability to help, you owe that as an obligation,if you don't, it will be counted against you just as you are counting his against him. An eye for an eye, they say leave everyone blind. Leave God to judge.

Whatever a man soweth he reapeth, the bible is clear

Enough of the emotional Blackmail
Let those his father helped, help him. You dont speak orange and reap mango

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by blazepascal(m): 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jennyclay:

seconded
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by blazepascal(m): 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
pls reconsider
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
shortgun:

grin grin grin
I am laughing at your stupidity I swear.
Give me the old man's contact let me assist him. I used to think that the old people I see suffering never had kids, I didn't know they gave birth to people like you.

The child suffered emotional negligence from his father.

Infact there are kids you'd think they never had a father
I never knew they had fathers like the poster's father

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Juleeee: 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

If you can help please do, mine might even be worst then yours self,
But when he need financial help I did the best I could for him.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Mcslize: 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Na wa o. This Eric don dey teach rubbish.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
The joke is on you. It will be on record that you shy away from your responsibility. Whatever you do or don't do at/for his burial is insignificant.
Lol hope you preached this to his father when he left his kids out in the cold with their sick mother. What if they died during that time?

He reaps what he sowed, it's up to his wife and kids to forgive
Blackmail has no place here

5 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by od501: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
seanwilliam:

Some of you spend so much on women/people who have never contributed shishi to your life. So u want to tell me that your father never for once contributed anything to your life? Even when you were young and know nothing ? I can see your mom really poisoned your mind. Good luck .

Good reply. I felt really sorry for the guy. Typical product of a single mother.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2022
od501:

Good reply. I felt really sorry for the guy. Typical product of a single mother.

Only God knows what that single mother went through to raise those kids.

Let the father that neglected his own innocent childrdn go and reap where he sowed.
The bold is the more reason the man deserves no sympathy

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
Juleeee:

If you can help please do, mine might even be worst then yours self,
But when he need financial help I did the best I could for him.

Thats the problem

If every deadbeat man should begin to reap what they sowed, we wont have them again in the society.

No reason in this world justifies a man abandoning kids he donated sperm to make

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ceragon123: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
grin I get you very very well. Let's not open up here. If I tell him a real live story he will shiver. Truth is, karma is sure. When your children are watching as you are dealing with your father because of his failures, they will set up your own punishment in other places that you have disappointed them. We must never forget that we are not perfect and the aim should always be a chance for a new beginning of goodness that will bind the family with love.

Our actions are being copied in a very special way by close family and friends and only God knows what the people we are teaching with our actions will reproduce.

dalass:

I don't know you or your dad. He abandoned you, yes, but your kids are also watching what you are doing to your dad.

So you don't harvest same from your kids please do whatever you can for him. Karma has judged him and he can never get great things from you. Your mom deserves that. But we sometimes do good things for strangers.

For your own sake and children, do forgive him in the spirit of this season of God's unconditional love.

Bless up bro grin grin

P.S if I tell you my own story, you'll see that I understand where the shoe pinches
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
Thats true o epecialy from mother who would the boys over girls
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

The bible also says "fathers, provoke not your children to anger"

Okay agreed you're provoked. Women can actually make you misbehave. Whatever the case may be, I plead on his behalf. Don't let him die helplessly. Forgive him.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by zoedew: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:
It is not masculinity to abandon your offspring.
You brought them into this world.
Don't think your only duty is to buy food and pay school fees.
As much as possible, be present in their daily lives.
Don't let toxic masculinity destroy your home.
I'm begging you. Please.
Those children NEED you. They need your presence. They need your attention.
Get involved in their daily lives.
Ask them important questions about their lives.
Affirm them. Speak positively over their lives.
Please never curse them.
Parents who abandon their children will have for their reward residency in the old people’s home all expenses paid!
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by OfficialP: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
seanwilliam:

Thats the problem, most mothers do this, turning the hearts of their children against their dad. No matter what, it's wrong.

As a child when you grow up, you should know better at least
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Backpedal: 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
Farrason:

You will regret this the day he breathes his last. Posterity never forgets and two wrongs can never make a right. You will also bear children someday and understand somethings that you were never thought.

Don't get me wrong... He might deserve your judgement on him but this leaves you to be judged by your own actions too. Karma is a BITCH!!
Nothing go do am
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Backpedal: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2022
OfficialP:

Thats the problem, most mothers do this, turning the hearts of their children against their dad. No matter what, it's wrong.

As a child when you grow up, you should know better at least
That's on the one hand

On the other hand many dad's in Nigeria are deadbeat
Let's not pretend about it
A child (especially male) never forgives a dad who emotionally and physically abused the mom; and then left her for another woman (not saying that happened to the guy you quoted; I'm just saying )

When we live our lives today as men
We should also remember that there is tomorrow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.