Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children (46020 Views)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
mansoor093:

You don't really need that, try as much to help your father, no matter what the past is.

Do Good to your parents, so God can be Merciful to you.

I guess nobody preached this same preaching to his father while he was neglecting the children grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by edogu(m): 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
No what, please do not neglect him. Sometimes we need to let go for our own sanity. It's obvious you're hurting as a result of your experience with your Dad. But you need to let go and that's the only you can be healed emotionally and psychologically.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Jimmythewise: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
Wtf. Wow
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Rubbiish(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
1Sharon:
And men wonder why mothers day is more popular than fathers day..

It's because the mothers are always there, they know their kids in and out.
I don't think so at bold
Women events are more popular because women are more petty & naturally know how to glamorize things. It doesn't apply to mothers day alone. Women just know how to celebrate more, that is just it. Men naturally don't have time for pettiness.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by jay89(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
I am very close to my children oooo. Make I catch myself sey I no be my children best friend. Come to think of it those dad who distance themselves to their children, how do the raise their kids?

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Tunagee(m): 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
kestolove95:
nice one, my dad is a very useless man Nd he will not die now until he sees us succeed Nd his death we shall sing Nd dance... Useless father God gave mi

And you think you will succeed with such mindset!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

Lmao he killed himself
God cannot be mocked

Did you know Cain killed Abel and God cursed him. God also put a mark on him that if anyone who kills Cain, that person will be a partaker of the curse on Cain? My brother, don't be the cane used to flog another person. The gods are wise
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by jamesversion: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

When you Dad breathes his last, you will look back and realise the missed opportunity to right wrongs. In death, everything you feel he has done to you becomes trivial. He would have run his race and existed thus earth, but the missed opportunity for a proper closure can never be gotten back.

Also, there are no guarantees in your old age your children will not treat you same way you treated your father, irregardless of how perfect you raised them.

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Echoban: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
ibkayee:
When they don’t receive even as much as a bottle of epa on their 50th birthday, but mummy is showered with all sorts of love they will realise you can only reap what you sow into the hearts of your children.

They won’t be young kids forever and they don’t forget

Cho cho cho cho Cho, Quiet.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by inosend: 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
Listen carefully to a story I read as a child growing up. A man was badly treating his father up to the point of carving out of wood a bowl for him (father) to eat from. At a point in time, he and his young son went to the farm and the son started fiddlind with an axe & a piece of wood. The father called out to his son to come over & eat. The child told the father that he will be with him as soon as he finishes carving out the bowl he would use in serving him food when he (the father) grows old.
The moral of the story is to know that similar treatment you give to your might come right back at you. The Bible instruct you to honour your father & mother. There is no conditional clause as to the kind of father he has to be.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ddworld:

Did you know Cain killed Abel and God cursed him. God also put a mark on him that if anyone who kills Cain, that person will be a partaker of the curse on Cain? My brother, don't be the cane used to flog another person. The gods are wise

The man in question here killed himself. Totally different
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by RPG2020(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Since your father failed you people instead of you to make it right you want to do more than your father

There is a say when you make money you make some changes your children will type the same thing when the time reach
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by virginprincess(f): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
Op do not let anyone blackmail you into any rubbish,that man deserves no pity from you,let him reap the fruit of his wickedness,God cannot be mocked,what you sow you reap.

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by prophetfire: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
. Bros, your father did wrong quite alright but the path you have chosen to take will lead to chaos for you.
What you said about him suffering till he dies is a wrong mindset. Bitterness destroys.
You may not give him a special treatment but totally abandoning him and the worse cursing him will definitely haunt you.
He's your father. Pay some little attention to him and his situation to avoid bringing curses upon yourself. To avoid setting up yourself for your children to treat you worse. In life, try as much as possible to keep a clean slate and don't give devil opportunity to enter your destiny. Don't abandon any of your parents, no matter what they did.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by DKM123: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
This idiats will ruin everything in thier lives including ruining thier children's lives just to ensure thier disgu$ting overbloated empty ego stays intact.

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lexusgs430: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:

Please. I'm begging you, even if you don't want to give him the money directly, give to your mom with instructions for him.
I can't ask you to forgive him. But please.
I know what it is to be neglected. It's something I won't wish on my enemy.
But please, reconsider. Just please.

You can't plant yam and expect to harvest oranges........

Your past, MUST determine your future .........

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lamasta(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
kestolove95:
nice one, my dad is a very useless man Nd he will not die now until he sees us succeed Nd his death we shall sing Nd dance... Useless father God gave mi

You are not different from the father you are castigating

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by chidiwar(m): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
Davidave:

If he didn’t take the responsibility he was supposed to, he doesn’t deserved the sympathy he expects from you.

People like u should be exed
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Akhaz024: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

This isn't right is just the some of us are not appreciative did you want to tell me he has not done a single thing in your life
Al-Isra' 17:23

وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوٓا۟ إِلَّآ إِيَّاهُ وَبِٱلْوَٰلِدَيْنِ إِحْسَٰنًاۚ إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ ٱلْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَآ أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُل لَّهُمَآ أُفٍّ وَلَا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا

And your Lord has decreed that you worship not except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff,"[1] and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lexusgs430: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tunagee:

And you think you will succeed with such mindset!!!

Many have succeeded with such mindset and many more will ........

Father's MUST learn to take responsibility and provide within reason.........

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by OlumSOJ: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
Op, you are wrong treating your father that way. Don't let curse come upon your generation. Take care of him. Forget about the past. Remember, whatever you sow, you will reap. Do your best to help him out of his present situation.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Komu1048(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

And your children will do same to you. Do u care to know what he was passing through n ur mum
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ahiboilandgas: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:

Please. I'm begging you, even if you don't want to give him the money directly, give to your mom with instructions for him.
I can't ask you to forgive him. But please.
I know what it is to be neglected. It's something I won't wish on my enemy.
But please, reconsider. Just please.
this begging and forgiving cycle encourage more Men to be irresponsible toward their kids ! If enough men are suffering in old age due to this wicked attitude it will reduce

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Simple n short
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by SeriouslySense(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
Fathers are very important, Mothers are very important.

Child neglect, causes the child to become detached, sometimes lacking the ability to empathize with others and lacking the ability to think properly.

Extreme neglect, makes the child very monotonic [lost touch with reality] ( especially a child devoid of constant motherly affection and care in very young age)

Magi Cube, secret of good cooking

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
this begging and forgiving cycle encourage more Men to be irresponsible toward their kids ! If enough men are suffering in old age due to this wicked attitude it will reduce

You're right, infact it would have stopped completely

The bible is clear that what a man soweth he reapeth

Enough of the blackmail

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ahiboilandgas: 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
Lexusgs430:

very true .Fathers will be mishaving any how .no mercy for irresponsible FAthers
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
Komu1048:

And your children will do same to you. Do u care to know what he was passing through n ur mum

The children wont do the same if he takes care of them

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lexusgs430: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

Simple n short

I wonder why people have the mindset of forgiven, a father that totally failed in his responsibilities........

If that ignored child, becomes homeless and useless, that same father would blame the mother.......

But if the child becomes successful in life, the father wants some benefits..........

Be GOOD to your children, so they can reward you handsomely (in most cases)........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Pennywise2: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
whatever you sow, you will reap.
Instead of you to follow the Bible, you are being emotional.
" I have decided not to help him"

That's what will judge you.
PS: I'm. A passer by
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lexusgs430: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
very true .Fathers will be mishaving any how .no mercy for irresponsible FAthers

No mercy whatsoever.......
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ahiboilandgas: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Akhaz024:

This isn't right is just the some of us are not appreciative did you want to tell me he has not done a single thing in your life

وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوٓا۟ إِلَّآ إِيَّاهُ وَبِٱلْوَٰلِدَيْنِ إِحْسَٰنًاۚ إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ ٱلْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَآ أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُل لَّهُمَآ أُفٍّ وَلَا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا

And your Lord has decreed that you worship not except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff,"[1] and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.

mr religion ! This is classical example of Old men promulgating decree to protect their irresponsible behaviors toward kids .where are the verse that mandate those deadbeats Father to provide for their kids and Family! They make verse to suit them.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo Of Little Boy Sucking A Mannequin Has Got People Talking / This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.