Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest (35702 Views)

Lets Celebrate Our Nairaland Children ( post Your Pictures) :) / Would You Rather Keep Your Baby On Your Chest Or At Your Back? / When The Devil Rides On Your Chest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Go Down)

Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
Why una come DHL my topic to religion naw?
I come dey find am.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by RoyalRoy(m): 6:01am On Oct 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Why una come DHL my topic to religion naw?
I come dey find am.

@Ypp....as obvious, the debate has been taken along religious lines, that's why it was moved!!

P.s: when looking for a topic you created or made a comment on, go to the top of your nairaland page and click on followed topic, that makes it easier to see new comments and locate your topics easily.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by infonubia(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi Mods, check out this post, it is recommended for front page

https://www.nairaland.com/1470477/ohio-daycare-worker-molested-babies
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Anuoluwap(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mods I suggest this for frontpage. Someone needs to know how
https://www.nairaland.com/1470544/parents-how-react-explicit-movies
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by infonubia(m): 1:57am On Oct 10, 2013
Hi Royal Roy, pls check on this post. Again, I recommend for FP. Not a lot of luck lately smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1470969/grandmother-used-sledgehammer-knife-kill
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by rockbase360: 5:56am On Oct 10, 2013
nikkygal: www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826801.0.html

Mods, kindly clean up all the insults & curses on this thread with the link above. That is a very sensitive thread & some people have just shamelessly turned the place into a battlegound.

**SMH at all these NL 'women'**. . . .

some people just dont understand the power of words. What if the person is actually suicidal. I agree with you. That trend is disturbing
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by smithsammy(m): 9:12am On Oct 10, 2013
Hello moderator, I will like commend you for your great effort on this Family section. Pls i want you to help me to delete this thread since it has fufilled the purpose for which it was created. Pls help to do this ASAP. Thanks in anticipation.https://www.nairaland.com/1469713/searching-junior-brother-kidnapped-yesterday#18660083
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by RoyalRoy(m): 9:26am On Oct 10, 2013
smithsammy: Hello moderator, I will like commend you for your great effort on this Family section. Pls i want you to help me to delete this thread since it has fufilled the purpose for which it was created. Pls help to do this ASAP. Thanks in anticipation.https://www.nairaland.com/1469713/searching-junior-brother-kidnapped-yesterday#18660083

I won't be able to delete your post. I will however lock it so it goes into extinction.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by donclark(m): 3:52am On Oct 15, 2013
Mods this just came in please and the man involved is at large: first page please....https://www.nairaland.com/1478610/man-allegedly-kills-wife-acid#18825158
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by RoyalRoy(m): 6:24am On Oct 15, 2013
donclark: Mods this just came in please and the man involved is at large: first page please....https://www.nairaland.com/1478610/man-allegedly-kills-wife-acid#18825158

Seen.
Moved to the crimes section.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by pickabeau1: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Please the e warriors are at it again on the abused women thread
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Tgirl4real(f): 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
Could u be kind enough to report the posts?

Thanks.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by pickabeau1: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Please lock the thread fornow
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2013
pickabeau1: Please lock the thread fornow

I dont think that it should be locked. I think that it should be cleaned out and people asked to behave themselves. if it is locked the thread will die. The thread is a very important thread and may be a life line to many more people in the same situation. I am appealing that the thread remains open but closely monitored.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by pickabeau1: 7:45am On Oct 16, 2013
chaircover:

I dont think that it should be locked. I think that it should be cleaned out and people asked to behave themselves. if it is locked the thread will die. The thread is a very important thread and may be a life line to many more people in the same situation. I am appealing that the thread remains open but closely monitored.

A temporary lock down was what I was hoping for

You should have seen the rate of insults from wives and mothers

Me sef I bow!!

If my family says one third of what I saw there, I will disable internet access for 2 wEeks!.. Haba!

It's a nice thread and should be kept clean of irrelevant crap..I endorse but too much beef on NL

Mod..please clean up that thread
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2013
That is one thing that I have never understood on NL. The viciousness of the fights.

. . so much bile for people you dont even know. People you may bump into in the street and not recognize. People who you may one day sit beside on a plane or even give your daughter to their son in marriage.

I say it time and time again for people to mind what they say type but no one listens angry

Ok rant over . . . .back to my day job grin
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by pickabeau1: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2013
You're right

This world is a weird one and you don't know where you will jam each oother

Do you know one guy in the US came to naija to look for bone marrow for transplanting for his leukemia

I imagine some of our kids may even marry each other..or some of us will work as colleagues

Some kids will even intermarry
I can imagine the kings and queens of nl tribalism having other tribes as in-laws

Na aneurysm be that ooo

Hahhahahahaha

Funny world
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 16, 2013
@royal roy, I also dont think that you should have closed chenys thread too. You are too itchy itchy handed jare angry

Seriously, yes the money has been gathered and handed over, but that is not the end of it and I still think it will be nice to keep it open. It will give Cheny a chance to update people of her progress.

Every story should have a happy ending and you have deprived her of doing that on the thread by closing it. you have also deprived the people who donated from seeing how their kindness has helped this young lady.

For example I would have loved to see her post some of the pastries she makes after learning at Bece's class. bece would have been so proud of her.

It also encourages humanity and how to love and to be our brothers keeper . . .so again I am appealing to keep this thread open. Thank you.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by RoyalRoy(m): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2013
I closed it cos it has served its purpose.
Most of the donors wanted to be anonymous, so it would have to be a private thing between her and them.
She has a list of all donors already and she will do the necessary as at when due.
Thanks.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by infonubia(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hi Mods, this time I'm pleading with you guys to consider this thread for front page.Much appreciated!

https://www.nairaland.com/1481159/why-does-bullying-make-african
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by RoyalRoy(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
infonubia: Hi Mods, this time I'm pleading with you guys to consider this thread for front page.Much appreciated!

https://www.nairaland.com/1481159/why-does-bullying-make-african

Let's hope and see.
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by infonubia(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Royal Roy:

Let's hope and see.

Thanks Royal Roy. You are really appreciated!
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Mr. Roy why do u close that threand for cheny? just came in and was going through and it's close already? is everything ok with her now?
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by RoyalRoy(m): 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
missmishel: @Mr. Roy why do u close that threand for cheny? just came in and was going through and it's close already? is everything ok with her now?

Having some network issues with my location here. Closed the thread as it has served its purpose. We have almost finished with her. A little logistics issue soon to be sorted.
Thanks
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by prof800(m): 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by RoyalRoy(m): 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
prof800: Sir, unlock please:
www.nairaland.com/1418832/family-section-fun-room/80

Sorry about that.

Having swift touch on my device and picks the wrong option.

Thread unlocked.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by pickabeau1: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest by tsmith(f): 2:08am On Oct 23, 2013
This has been on my mind, so I might just as well get it off!

I do not support or agree with the closure of Ivy blue initial depression/suicide contemplation thread. Here someone reached out in times of need and was lucky enough to get help from the people and kind words on the thread. I remember making a couple of posts on this thread only to find out later that the whole thread had been closed, and all posts hidden. There was no notification whatsoever to contributors, neither justification in my opinion.

Do you know the thread could be just the solace that She(or others) draw on period of lows! I have read several times ppl say a thread has encouraged them, kept them going etc. A good example is the 'Adjusting to a life as a widower' thread by Serubawon, this thread has been on for 7 years and the OP himself talks about how the thread had continual helped him through his journey after losing his wife until now that he's found love again.

I was not surprised to hear she did succeed in killing herself, nor amused when the thread announcing her death was closed. I don't get what you are driving at as mods, but I will advise that you get experts in matters you are not well versed. You can afford it, and can please stop relying on pro-bono mods off the forum.

I think nairaland has passed the level whereby mods or Seun himself act as demi-God, you own a great responsibility to the followers and nairalanders that have made the forum what it is today and not just take actions like you are dealing with kindergarten kids. Like everything that has a beginning, their is potential end. Actions like this can truly bring a downfall to the forum. Remember, once it was Hi5 etc, but now its FB, twitter and who knows what it would be tomorrow.

It would be your loss if you closed down my thread or fail to respond to the issues raised

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17)

Missing Person In Port Harcourt: Who Has Seen This Woman? (Pictures) / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only / Help: Unilorin Final Year Student Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.