Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? (28944 Views)

Prophet Oluwaseun Akinnubi Impregnates Friend’s Wife In Ondo / My Friend’s Wife Is Cheating / I Punished My Wife By Sleeping With Her Younger Sister - Nigerian Father Of Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Pimine: 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nazgul:
Only a much older friend can tell me such not my age mate.

The reality here is your so called guy has zero respect for you. Any friend who sends me such WhatsApp message forcing me to call his wife whatever name...I'll just block him and delete his number. If strangers call her by her first name, why should I who's a close friend be criticized for doing the same thing,

A friend of mine married his girlfriend last December. Her name is joy, till date whenever I call him or he calls, I'll ask him how's joy, and he'll say fine...what other name does he expect me to call her?

Abeg the problem in Nigeria is enough for me, I don't need anyone adding to it.
I don't think he expects him to call her aunty or anything of that nature. I think he expected him to say something along the lines of "Your wife sent material...".

It's not an unreasonable request but it seems like they've got some deep-seated issues they haven't resolved yet judging from the way he called him "Oga" 😂

3 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by atdscentofwater: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
not wrong though but he has the right to tell u what he want

2 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by CarlosTheJackal: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
Klass99:

Wow was it that easy and simple? I am happy for you. 1,000 naira is not a big deal so long as you recovered more than that.

So, is this friendship over for good or is there hope for a reconciliation? Well done for requesting your money and getting it back, the fact that he gave it back without drama indicates he is not a terrible person either.

And I love yours too wink.
And that's how you finally found Love😂😂😂😂

Ask the guy out please

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Sleektiger: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
Is it not her name?? She will be caller by her name and thats all to it. No addition, no substraction
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Iceberg3: 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
WackyJ1:
Is it a crime to call the Wife of your friend by her first name?

I've known this guy since 2018. He met his wife in 2020.

They've done traditional wedding.

I once followed this guy to law faculty of our school during our Masters program and spent 6 hours typing the project of his then ex.

The same ex ended up blaming him for her misfortune.

I'm the best man for his white wedding tomorrow.

Yet, he's warning me for calling his wife her first name in the same sentence where I also referred to my girlfriend by her own first name.

He claims I was wrong and he has refused to apologise.

I need this one the front page.

Was I wrong?

MORE DETAILS
https://www.nairaland.com/7563621/it-wrong-call-friends-wife/2#120932806

You are fukkn wrong and deserve 10 lashes of koboko for bringing this issue here.

Children of nowadays sha!!!!

How the hell you call someone else's wife by her name?! The only people that can do that are their parents,not you.

If you wanna call her ,call by her hubby's own name and you must add Mrs to it,like Mrs lagbaja or Mrs Ajanaku.

You are the one to apologize

3 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by qtguru(m): 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
WackyJ1:

I once followed this guy to law faculty of our school during our Masters program and spent 6 hours typing the project of his then ex.

Yet, he's warning me for calling his wife her first name in the same sentence where I also referred to my girlfriend by her own first name.

Was I wrong?

MORE DETAILS

I always say "your madam"

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Tony4000: 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
Personally I wouldn’t call my friend’s wife by her name, it’s just the normal Naija concept. I would rather call her madam, or oga wife, in my dialect “Nwunye oga” in proudly Igbo and we don’t call our friends wives by their names. We just accord them some respect not withstanding the age difference. If she done born u can call her mama Peter or whatsoever name their child bears. Na so we see am for my region ooo

5 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by mastermind1759(m): 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
You can call her wifey or olori it's no big deal Na ..except u av ego doing dt as well
I do address my frnds wife's dt way ..
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by emanobis(m): 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
It is very disrespectful please
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Yankee101: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
Call people how they want to be called as long as it dosen't offend God

2 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by ghettochild(m): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
Person wey never marry wey dey give you stern warming..
If I be I go just tell am to look for another best man...
Wey go dey address him wife as Mrs since that's a title he cherishes
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Sammy5413(m): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
It's so wrong to refer to a married woman by her name even if you're older than she is. She now bears her husband's name and that alone is an honor/crown on her head

2 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Eeghe(f): 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
WackyJ1:

Was I wrong?

MORE DETAILS

For the love of God😷😳🤡👎🏿
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
You’re not wrong, call her by her name since you’ve known her before.
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by werisetogether(m): 12:53pm On Feb 21, 2023
WackyJ1:

Was I wrong?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the front page. Venting could help with emotional and mental health

But seriously, what's the REAL issue here?

Have you considered that MAYBE you could be over-reacting?

From the WhatsApp screenshot you shared, the tone of your friend seems laid back and cool, no beef observed (at least from where I stand)

Unless there is some unresolved beef between you guys, frankly I don't think there is a need for you to get upset

If your guy wants you to refer to his wife in a certain manner, I think you can - for the sake of your friendship

Thanks again for sharing. Let's keep growing

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by FireUpNow(m): 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
OP give to Czar what's Czar and so just call your friends wife by Mrs then put your friends name. Period

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Wheezdom(m): 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
See simping from your friend!!
Trash the childish man 🙄 shocked

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by alphaconde(m): 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
i de always avoid my friends wife

e get why

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Asagna1(m): 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2023
WackyJ1:

Was I wrong?

MORE DETAILS

See the Leaders of tomorrow. Ordinary name don dey vex dem.

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Solocoin: 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2023
I don't see anything wrong with that except the wife senior you. You know we're not use to calling people by their first name and this is the problem we have in this part of the world. It's the nursery pupils that are bold to call person by their name, uncle Ikenna, aunty peace. But we the adult call Bros or nna. Maybe call her madam your friend will be okay with that.

3 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by IPDGP: 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2023
All my 3 brothers wife and my brother self , I call them by their name
Me no get time for Mummy that or daddy this
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Kaymansion(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2023
Is wrong and isn't because not everyone everyone can take it note it's depends

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Klass99(f): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
smiley

4 Likes

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by godofuck231: 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
Na you marry am ? Simple question
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Watinhapen(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
I observed that most people call the name of a man’s wife simply because they feel they can’t accrue her that respect. Even if she was your friend before, once a woman is married, you don’t just call her by her name in the presence of her husband. At least you can call her like “ how your madam or your wife”. It’s not that difficult.

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by RZArecta(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
WackyJ1:

Was I wrong?

MORE DETAILS
you guys are pathetic with the way you bring every issue to social media. How is he your "guy" or friend or paddi man if you can't reply him with you dey craze for that message. A simple thunder faya you would have ended all this nonsense but anyways, I feel he was joking

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by DriveByKiller: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
Very common in the South East especially in Enugu.

Cultureless Adulterous Folks.
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Abbeytoy(m): 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
You're wrong, even if the lady is your junior sister from same bloody, immediately she got married is when you stop calling her name.
Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by Iceberg3: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
pocohantas:

This is basic English. Don’t stress me if you missed it. Once again, I can’t call my FRIEND’S SPOUSE, FRIEND’S SPOUSE!

Your chochocho is too much!

That's an old man still in a kid's body for you

1 Like

Re: Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? by dododawa1: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
Sign of respect, MADAN not a big deal,next time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada / White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.