Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) (16310 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns At Night In Bassa LG, Kogi East (Pictures) / South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / South Westerners; What's Your Thoughts On A Pat Utomi Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by talk2hb1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:

Alaye, leave ur dilapidated old rickety brown roof enclave at Ibarakpa and travel. Just try leave Okitipukpa and travel alaye. Stop exposing ur ignorance in a public forum.
Travel for what?
To Do What?
I am not a slave in my zone and I am not planning to en slave my generation, if I travel, I travel for tourism not for hustle.
Since your god want to punish you he decided to make you leave your zone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by talk2hb1(m): 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:

Hahahaha. Lack of opportunity where?? Be disgracing ur wretched ancestors. Most SouthEasterners are self-employed and would prefer businesses that ensure daily returns unlike Yorubas that prefer salary work most times. There are lots of opportunities in Onitsha and Aba due to high concentration of economic activities going on there just like Lagos. Take Nollywood for instance, most of the home movies are marketed at 51 Iweka Rd, Onitsha, 1/3 Pound Rd, Aba and 4/5 Idumota-Lagos which depict high concentration of commercial activities in the 3 cities. Which opportunity dey Oshogbo, Ado-Ekiti, Ikirun and Ogbomosho ?? Abi no be SW urban settlements dem be ?? Mugu
Eru kan ni muni bu igba eru ( A slave makes one point out other slaves) I can point out how Biafra wreck your Parents and make them servants in Lagos and other western state, but I won’t.
I am an African Child with Home training, I don’t see reason to engage with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by FisifunKododada: 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2023
Rubbish. Upon all the noise, most of the billionaires and millionaires in Nigeria are Yorubas. The most successful Nigerians in Britain and US are Yorubas. The ONLY thing Okoro knows how to do is to beat chest.

Please wetin go carry Yoruba go a land where there is no culture? Where they wake up their parents with scissors kicks? Yorubas are very cultured people. That's why they're beginning to formulate a way to send you okoros back to SE because your ever increasing population in the SW, is causing a strain on Yoruba culture since you okoros don't know how to respect your hosts.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 9gerian: 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
There are more Yorubas in the US than any other African tribe.

https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS1Y2019&rv=LANP&wt=PWGTP

There are more Yorubas in the UK than any other African tribe so much so that they employ Yoruba speaking policemen.

https://www.thecable.ng/london-police-recruit-yoruba-speaking-officers/amp

These 2 clear cases above nullify all your assertions that are purely fabricated.

The only reason Yorubas don’t migrate in droves to Igbo land is because there are no huge opportunities that catches their fancy. What opportunities are there in igboland compared to their homeland that everybody is rushing to?

This is especially demonstrated by the frequency of migration in incredible droves from Igbo land to Yoruba land daily.

You are welcome.

LocalStandard1:
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Let me start with this personal example, experience.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubtful of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

NOTE: I am not Igbo and have never been there, by the way.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:

So your people smuggled their scratched faced afonja face to hawk agbo, jedi-jedi and tailor work in a barren, desolate land ?? Na the green algae ewedu soup dey affect ur reasoning. Mugu

Exactly our point, those are the kind of services needed there.. We can afford you, that is why you are here.

In a nutshell, the best businesses can not survive in the east. How is that something to be proud of?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Ttalk: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2023
The pain of defeat has turned some people to perpetual wailers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
Connected1:
After the Civil War, the Igbos began migration to other parts of the country and the world for greener pastures.

They moved to several cities nationwide, then Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt proved to be blissful so they migrated in great numbers to these places.

There are thousands of Igbos in Kano, Port Harcourt but somehow only the Yorubas rant and complain about the Igbos taking over their lands in Lagos.

They are simply lazy people or rather hateful.
And you will never hear an Hausa/Fula/Kanuri/Edo/Ijaw/Itsekiri e.t.c call Lagos no man's land. It's always the ibos.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
okoloto:
You are absolutely right. I think it has to do also with culture. The yorubas are nice people and too respectful. That is the upbringing and you that doesn't have such overbearing respect will be termed rude. That is the major problem the yorubas have with the Igbos.
Igbo culture puts your feet in the ground from day one. That is why it is said that the Igbos have no king. Yorubas should stop thinking that the Igbos are dragging their land or anything with them.
You cannot see an Igbo man marrying to be fed by the parents. He has to be a man to get married and not under the father's roof. Even if he has to stay in the father's house, he will be providing but very rare.
Not that the yorubas don't travel to other zones, they do but very rare. I was in Enugu state and met a medical doctor from ekiti that was there for his youth service and stayed after. He now has a clinic and a very large farm, married to an indegene and very rich and happy. But in all, the politicians too is contributing 99% of the tribal sentiments we have in Nigeria for their selfish gain and for election purposes. Nigeria is a blessed country.
You are ignorant

There is nothing like a single Yoruba groupp. That you can put in a box with stupid generalisations
There are many different Yoruba sub groups Some travel some don't they are traders,fishermen,academics,Engineers,artisans etc
In Port Harcourt the Yoruba run Taxi business and in other places
Yoruba are present in Port Harcourt in huge numbers

They have done this in PH since 1970s
They are the largest group in Mobil Eke t ,Go to LNG Bonny
When you say they travel rarely you expose yourself as foolish
Where have you been ?
Is it easy to establish a fishing Colony in Akwa Ibom?
or Bayelsa?
Yoruba do that so stop all this online talk talk
Lagosians do not travel much inside Nigeria but other Yoruba do
Kwara people do Ijebu do

Yoruba are into highly skilled jobs in construction and travel across the country to ply their trade
That they rarely travel is NONSENSE

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 9gerian: 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Not necessary. Most Nigerians hardly see igboland as hospitable. Even some Igbos do not see igboland as hospitable (at least I have met a few). This is a demotivating factor.

Few Yorubas do venture to the southeast but it is not considered a prime destination for Yorubas.

EmekaA125:
SouthEast is 99% indigenous and 1% of other tribes. The Yorubas should explore South-East as Igbos explored SouthWest.

10 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Connected1: 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
raskymonojendor:

And you will never hear an Hausa/Fula/Kanuri/Edo/Ijaw/Itsekiri e.t.c call Lagos no man's land. It's always the ibos.
Lagos has been ruled by non indigenes, most of the occupants are foreigners and the state was built by people from diverse cultures.

It's safe to call it a no man's land, doesn't mean it's not for the Yorubas.

Feeling threatened is a sign of inferiority complex, the Igbos didn't say it's their land and they are not the only tribes there, where the fault lies is that they said so, rather it's not a lie.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 9gerian: 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
From available statistics by nations (US, UK etc) who have provided such, the Yorubas are actually the most travelled Nigerians.

The only issue is they don’t make noise wherever they go. This is why igbos like to assert that Yorubas don’t travel.

okoloto:
You are absolutely right. I think it has to do also with culture. The yorubas are nice people and too respectful. That is the upbringing and you that doesn't have such overbearing respect will be termed rude. That is the major problem the yorubas have with the Igbos.
Igbo culture puts your feet in the ground from day one. That is why it is said that the Igbos have no king. Yorubas should stop thinking that the Igbos are dragging their land or anything with them.
You cannot see an Igbo man marrying to be fed by the parents. He has to be a man to get married and not under the father's roof. Even if he has to stay in the father's house, he will be providing but very rare.
Not that the yorubas don't travel to other zones, they do but very rare. I was in Enugu state and met a medical doctor from ekiti that was there for his youth service and stayed after. He now has a clinic and a very large farm, married to an indegene and very rich and happy. But in all, the politicians too is contributing 99% of the tribal sentiments we have in Nigeria for their selfish gain and for election purposes. Nigeria is a blessed country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
Lol Sophisticated Morons will sit under one Brown roof in osogbo and know what is happening in South East.

They don't know the Igbos doing business in South East are richer than does in Lagos.They keep shouting Lagos Lagos lagos as if Lagos is the only place Igbos travel to do business.

The richest man in the village I did my nysc somewhere in oyo state is an Igbo man from ebonyi state. You need to see the different businesses he operates there.
An Igbo man/woman is ready to travel anywhere there is opportunity to establish himself, it's not as if that place is open or better than anywhere in East for him to start is business,but he choose to go where there's less competition.

Everybody knows Yorubas can't compete with Igbos in business,major reason many who can't compete in the east move down west to beat you in your own backyard.
Ever wondered why Tunde who left Osun to Lagos is not doing better than emeka who came from Abia to Lagos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Roboto11:
Even Chinese people no dey go SE.
grin
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, dat serious I will rada go Maiduguri and start business rada than going IMO

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
9gerian:
Not necessary. Most Nigerians hardly see the igboland as hospitable. Even some Igbos do not see igboland as hospitable (at least I have met a few). This is a demotivating factor.

Few Yorubas do venture to the southeast but it is not considered a prime destination for Yorubas.

Ibos are not very civilised
It is difficult to live among them
They are very unruly and confrontational,men and women,no manners
Every thing is quarrel

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 11:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Cowardice is why Afonjas cannot move to other regions. They are permanently scared always exercising caution in everything and backstabbing at the first sign of danger.

Spits.

how many German have move from germany to nigeria or southafrica ......(if not for a special business opportunity)

who go leave Ogun state for enugu to be selling yogurt and gala

southwest have the biggest regional economy in nigeria (so it is normal for immigrant to be more while there is lesser emigrant)

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 9gerian: 11:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
From available statistics by nations (US, UK etc) who have provided such, the Yorubas are actually the most travelled Nigerians.

https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS1Y2019&rv=LANP&wt=PWGTP

The only issue is they don’t make noise wherever they go. This is why igbos like to assert that Yorubas don’t travel.

Yorubas do not see igboland as a travel destination of choice- sorry!

MaliCampus:
Lol Sophisticated Morons will sit under one Brown roof in osogbo and know what is happening in South East.

They don't know the Igbos doing business in South East are richer than does in Lagos.They keep shouting Lagos Lagos lagos as if Lagos is the only place Igbos travel to do business.

The richest man in the village I did my nysc somewhere in oyo state is an Igbo man from ebonyi state. You need to see the different businesses he operates there.
An Igbo man/woman is ready to travel anywhere there is opportunity to establish himself, it's not as if that place is open or better than anywhere in East for him to start is business,but he choose to go where there's less competition.

Everybody knows Yorubas can't compete with Igbos in business,major reason many who can't compete in the east move down west to beat you in your own backyard.
Ever wondered why Tunde who left Osun to Lagos is not doing better than emeka who came from Abia to Lagos.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
MaliCampus:

Let me burst your bubble BUSINESS is not just trading
Container and warehouse
That is all Ibos know
Tell us which of the following Ibos outcompete Yoruba in

Agriculture,, The largest sector in the economy Ibos are irrelevant in agriculture

Education
Insurance
IT
Logistics
Construction
Telecommunications
Banking
Manufacturing
Fintech
Consulting
Legal
Forestry/logging
Oil and Gas
Healthcare
Transport

All you know is container and warehouse
That is a tiny part of BUSINESS

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 9gerian: 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2023
You are right. This is why most bank branches are in Yoruba-land where the opportunities abound multiple times over.

CBR100:

how many German have move from germany to nigeria or southafrica ......(if not for a special business opportunity)

who go leave Ogun state for enugu to be selling yogurt and gala

southwest have the biggest regional economy in nigeria (so it is normal for immigrant to be more while there is lesser emigrant)

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 11:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
MaliCampus:

Lol mumu, yorubas are industrialists while Igbos are just traders. In that way, we are always above you grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 11:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:

Childish talk. Now run along.
Bloody refugees grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 11:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:

Na so the useless landlord boast for Ogun over electricity bill yesterday until Ifeoma grabbed him dick so tey he kpai. U don dey make mouth now grin grin grin
grin
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 11:40pm On Mar 15, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Leave your region alaye stop hiding under your mom's dirty wrapper

Both in education and economics SE is ahead

SE is by far the richest region per capita

Has the lowest poverty index rate about 6M people difference from SW

Go and check them out

And stop making a fool yourself

Chinese are everywhere doesn't mean their country is poor

It's just about taking opportunities

Igbos are go getters no cap 🧢 obi showed everyone the working ethics of an igbo man

Compete with them or shut up 😁

Am staying in my house I built in my region. Why will I leave heaven and go to hell?

You igbos know your region is a desolate land, that's why you all run from there, it's no fun running up and down like a refugee, for survival. Chinese come here with big money and business, Igbo man will come to Lagos, empty handed, selling gala in hold up. My brother na poverty cause am.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Container and warehouse
That is all Ibos know

Agriculture,, The largest sector in the economy Ibos are irrelevant in agriculture

Education
Insurance
IT
Logistics
Telecommunications
Banking
Manufacturing
Fintech
Oil and Gas
Healthcare
Transport

Igbos in Lagos are doing far better than the Yorubas in Lagos in every aspect,the major reason you all are crying that Igbo want to take over your land.,I heard Igbos are now flocking to Ikorodu,very soon we will also dominate that area.lols

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 11:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
Johnjustice:

Am staying in my house I built in my region. Why will I leave heaven and go to hell?

You igbos know your region is a desolate land, that's why you all run from there, it's no fun running up and down like a refugee, for survival. Chinese come here with big money and business, Igbo man will come to Lagos, empty handed, selling gala in hold up. My brother na poverty cause am.
You that can't compete with the average Igbo man in Lagos,you want to go and try does ones in the East. Abeg shift lols

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
MaliCampus:
You that can't compete with the average Igbo man in Lagos,you want to go and try does ones in the East. Abeg shift lols
Oga only a mad fool, will leave heaven and go to hell.

Lagos is heaven compared to southeast, abi you dey wine me ni grin

Maybe if am a cannibal I will like to go to southeast, but am not.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 11:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
MaliCampus:
Igbos in Lagos are doing far better than the Yorubas in Lagos in every aspect,the major reason you all are crying that Igbo want to take over your land.,I heard Igbos are now flocking to Ikorodu,very soon we will also dominate that area.lols
Which business do Ibos know besides container and warehouse
You are not business men
You are traders at the low end of the economy
Tell us which of those sectors you dominate as claimed
Why wouldn't they flock when the SE is a shit hole

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
waynetee:

Lol mumu, yorubas are industrialists while Igbos are just traders. In that way, we are always above you grin
Igbos dominate you in everything,they don't see you as a competition.Igbos are Everywhere even if its Somalia or Sudan Igbos are there,Lols stop using Lagos to cover your lazy ass because you are no match to an average igbo man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Container and warehouse
That is all Ibos know

Education
Insurance
IT
Logistics
Telecommunications
Banking
Manufacturing
Fintech
Oil and Gas
Healthcare
Transport

thank you for dis, because of thier dominance in used goods trade (from clothing to electronic to car part).....dey think Dat is all wat makes an economy
a typical state in southwest bar Lagos will generator more igr from forestry, cash crop,small scale manufacturing (lyk bread,water,block,sawmill,paper)
education (schools, transportation, banking etc

the edge southwest have ahead all other region is it stronghold in the services sector dat no region can match (brought about high literate population)

an average Igbo think learning trade and speaking broken English already qualify him to be literate

how many private higher institution are in southwest compare to other region (no region comes close )

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
MaliCampus:
The Ibo man is The one who cannot compete in real business
Insurance
Agriculture
Banking
Oil and Gas
IT
Telecommunications
Banking
Education
Healthcare
Manufacturing
All they know is
Container and warehouse

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 11:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
MaliCampus:
Igbos dominate you in everything,they don't see you as a competition.Igbos are Everywhere even if its Somalia or Sudan Igbos are there,Lols stop using Lagos to cover your lazy ass because you are no match to an average igbo man.

Where is the evidence to back it up that igbos dominate yorubas anywhere in the world aside from SE?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Which business do Ibos know besides container and warehouse
You are not business men
You are traders at the low end of the economy
Tell us which of those sectors you dominate as claimed
Why wouldn't they flock when the SE is a shit hole
The biggest market in Nigeria is in South East, not south west.Tunde travel and see,even if it's just for sight seeing.Leave your fathers house. Igbos will continue to dominate you in Lagos

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
CBR100:

thank you for dis, because of thier dominance in used goods trade (from clothing to electronic to car part).....dey think Dat is all wat makes an economy
a typical state in southwest bar Lagos will generator more igr from forestry, cash crop,small scale manufacturing (lyk bread,water,block,sawmill,paper)
education (schools, transportation, banking etc

the edge southwest gave ahead all other region is it stronghold in the services sector dat no region can match (brought about high literate population)

an average Igbo think learning trade and speaking broken English already qualify him to be literate

Ibos come to Ibadan buy day old chicks
No significant player in The entire SE
All they know is buying and selling

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Fashola Orders Kalu’s Sealed House Re-Opened / Kogi Speaker, Momoh Lawal Impeached / Ministry Probes Lai's Memo Leakage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.