Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) (16324 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns At Night In Bassa LG, Kogi East (Pictures) / South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / South Westerners; What's Your Thoughts On A Pat Utomi Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 12:00am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
The biggest market in Nigeria is in South East, not south west.Tunde travel and see,even if it's just for sight seeing.Leave your fathers house. Igbos will continue to dominate you in Lagos

biggest market dat the total economy worth no reach dat of tinubu Lekki free trade zone, housing dangotd refinery and other chemicals industry .....shior

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2023
waynetee:

Where is the evidence to back it up that igbos dominate yorubas anywhere in the world aside from SE?
let's start from Nairaland here,where you all have been crying that Igbos have taking over your market, You don't know he who controls the market,control the economy. We saw how you all where crying when Peter Obi was visiting markets in Lagos lols

You now result to burning Igbo markets beco of envy.lol We are moving to Ikorodu. We need to Take over that place becos its a village, you guys don't have money to renovate your houses Igbos are coming to take over. Ikorodu needs a new look.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
The biggest market in Nigeria is in South East, not south west.Tunde travel and see,even if it's just for sight seeing.Leave your fathers house. Igbos will continue to dominate you in Lagos
You keep repeating that biggest market Onitsha bullshit

Why does bigness of a market matter?of course it is rubbish
Biggest how?
We have asked that question on Nairaland before no answer

I will ask again
By what measure is It biggest sales?or what?
It is nonsense
The biggest market in Nigeria is the Stock exchange
Stop all this 19th century talk
In the day of Amazon online You are celebrating about biggest market
Do we travel from Lagos to Onitsha to shop?

That is your illiterate idea about business,markets
We are talking about internet,telecommunications,oil and gas,Fintech,Education,Insurance and go are talking nonsense about one dirty Onitsha

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 12:04am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

biggest market dat the total economy worth no reach dat of tinubu Lekki free trade zone, housing dangotd refinery and other chemicals industry .....shior
Lagos is no man's land. Say something else. I'm very sure you are from Ondo state

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 12:08am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

You keep repeating that biggest market Onitsha bullshit

Why does bigness of a market matter?of course it is rubbish
Biggest how?
We have asked that question on Nairaland before no answer

I will ask again
By what measure is It biggest sales?or what?
It is nonsense
The biggest market in Nigeria is the Stock exchange
Stop all this 19th century talk
In the day of Amazon online You are celebrating about biggest market
Do we travel from Lagos to Onitsha to shop?

That is your illiterate idea about business,markets
We are talking about internet,telecommunications,oil and gas,Fintech,Education,Insurance and go are talking nonsense about one dirty Onitsha
Tunde travel and see,stop asking me why Onitsha is the biggest market,aside Lagos (No man's land) which south west state can stand side by side with Anambra? Any small discussion you all be shouting Lagos. Lol, Same Lagos some people can't spend a day without running back to where they came from.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 12:09am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Ibos come to Ibadan buy day old chicks
No significant player in The entire SE
All they know is buying and selling

u dey mind dem (because we are not boastful lyk dem na wetin dey give dem mind )

do dey even know how much southwest cocoa a nd cashew industry worth

despite lot of our businessmen reside and do business in Lagos (a Yoruba state)
if you remove Lagos from southwest the remaining states economy put togeda is still bigger than that of southeast

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 12:09am On Mar 16, 2023
Connected1:

Lagos has been ruled by non indigenes, most of the occupants are foreigners and the state was built by people from diverse cultures.

It's safe to call it a no man's land, doesn't mean it's not for the Yorubas.

Feeling threatened is a sign of inferiority complex, the Igbos didn't say it's their land and they are not the only tribes there, where the fault lies is that they said so, rather it's not a lie.
No matter if foreigners develop a land or not, it's insulting to call another man's land NO man's land. Simple as ABC.

Even the whites that settled in South Africa, Australia, and Canada from several centuries ago do not call those places no man's land despite being the ones that developed them.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 12:12am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Let me burst your bubble BUSINESS is not just trading
Container and warehouse

That is all Ibos know
Tell us which of the following Ibos outcompete Yoruba in

Agriculture,, The largest sector in the economy Ibos are irrelevant in agriculture
Education
Insurance
IT
Logistics
Construction
Telecommunications
Banking
Manufacturing
Fintech
Consulting
Legal
Forestry/logging
Oil and Gas
Healthcare
Transport

All you know is container and warehouse
That is a tiny part of BUSINESS
Or running after vehicles in moving traffic while hawking gala and coca cola.

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:13am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

Biggest how?
Ask him the land area occupied he cannot tell you
Ask him sales turnover he cannot tell you
All he knows is it is biggest because his grandfather told his father
What is it that they sell there is it manufactured in Onitsha or Imported via Lagos?
Who goes there to shop
When you interrogate it you would see it is bullshit
Why does biggest market matter?
Never head of biggest market in London
That just means bigger chaos
Ask him is it a pleasant experience visiting Onitsha market?
It stinks ,is full of touts and can be violent

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by GeneralPula: 12:13am On Mar 16, 2023
Johnjustice:
It's because of poverty in east, you and hausas come from a poverty stricken region, you have to leave for southwest or die. Yorubas have Lagos, why will they go to your poverty stricken cannibal land. Igbos need yorubas, yorubas don't need igbos.
Emeka dey impersonate..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 12:18am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
Lagos is no man's land. Say something else. I'm very sure you are from Ondo state

Igbo love good thing

interestingly plus or minus Lagos , southwest economy is bigger than that of southeast

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 12:21am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

Igbo love good thing

interestingly plus or minus Lagos , southwest economy is bigger than that of southeast
Funny thing is that they are not even only in Lagos, go to Ibadan, you will find them there in large numbers hustling for their daily bread. Even in other SW cities like Akure, Ife, Abeokuta e.t.c.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 12:22am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Biggest how?
Ask him the land area occupied he cannot tell you
Ask him sales turnover he cannot tell you
All he knows is it is biggest because his grandfather told his father
What is it that they sell there is it manufactured in Onitsha or Imported via Lagos?
Who goes there to shop
When you interrogate it you would see it is bullshit
Why does biggest market matter?
Never head of biggest market in London
That just means bigger chaos
Ask him is it a pleasant experience visiting Onitsha market?
It stinks ,is full of touts and can be violent

thank you o , I wanted to comment on Dat b4, i just say make I give it to dem lyk dat

as if market is rates by size rada than sales

a single shop can be making sales equal to wat 20 other shops is making a day (Buh according to him the 20 other shops form a big market)

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:22am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
Tunde travel and see,stop asking me why Onitsha is the biggest market,aside Lagos (No man's land) which south west state can stand side by side with Anambra? Any small discussion you all be shouting Lagos. Lol, Same Lagos some people can't spend a day without running back to where they came from.
Anambra ? How does it compare with Imo or Enugu?
You are the one that needs to travel
None of them comes anywhere near Oyo Which university do you have in Anambra state that is reputable,?Hospital? Stadium? Airport?
What makes Anambra state a pleasant place to visit? It is a horrid place .People can wake up and travel to Cross River,Bauchi,Plateau for fun/cruise why would anyone go to the SE? What for?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:27am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

thank you o , I wanted to comment on Dat b4, i just say make I give it to dem lyk dat

as if market is rates by size rada than sales

a single shop can be making sales equal to wat 20 other shops is making a day (Buh according to him the 20 other shops form a big market)
Right now the biggest Markets are Amazon and Alibaba
Still those are just a small part of business but their container and warehouse mentality blinds them to the bigger picture
Probably the biggest company in Nigeria is Shell
How many people know their office?
Is it by bigness?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Anambra ? How does it compare with Imo or Enugu?
You are the one that needs to travel
None of them comes anywhere near Oyo Which university do you have in Anambra state that is reputable,?Hospital? Stadium?
What makes Anambra state a pleasant place to visit?
Where is oyo in any of this?Lols Tunde travel out of oyo even if it's just for sight seeing. Leave your father house.
Igbos doing business in East are doing better than does in West,Go and verify
Lagos is just a place where we come to exploit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by juman(m): 12:30am On Mar 16, 2023
To do what?
Why should one go there while the igbos run in large number from their region to other regions.

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Connected1: 12:32am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

No matter if foreigners develop a land or not, it's insulting to call another man's land NO man's land. Simple as ABC.

Even the whites that settled in South Africa, Australia, and Canada from several centuries ago do not call those places no man's land despite being the ones that developed them.
Then does it warrant the violence and victimization?
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 12:33am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Funny thing is that they are not even only in Lagos, go to Ibadan, you will find them there in large numbers hustling for their daily bread. Even in other SW cities like Akure, Ife, Abeokuta e.t.c.

I no want to caste dem nii , we know dem verywell apart from some few extraly rich igbo with (big properties and business) majoritt of dem live in pitiful condition , the highest standards most of their 2x2 shop business can give dem is living in Face me I slap you , struggling to pay their children school fee, some cannot even afford to have their family with dem despite marry at a very late age ....(a lot of drunkard)......Buh here on nairaland every igbo nah millionaire while other tribes dey suffer

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:36am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
I do not think you have been to half the countries I have been to or towns I have been to In Nigeria
Have you ever been to Oyigbo, Calabar Oguta, Bonny,Etche,Ogbaland, Buguma,Bodo City?Zaria? just dey online shouting travel like a fool
There is nothing pleasant about Anambra

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by oyatz(m): 12:36am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Hausas and a host of others do. But you wouldn't know cause you're cozy and comfortable under mummy' wrapper in Daddy's father's compound. When and if you finally are ready to be a man and f*ck out that village you're in you'll know. Right, Bamidele?

There are more Yorubas in UK, Germany,USA, Canada and Saudi Arabia than Igbos.

The issue is not about Yorubas not traveling but most Nigerians don't go to settle in the S/East like they settle in Kano,Kadu a,Port Harcourt and Ibadan.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:38am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
Where is oyo in any of this?Lols Tunde travel out of oyo even if it's just for sight seeing. Leave your father house.
Igbos doing business in East are doing better than does in West,Go and verify
Lagos is just a place where we come to exploit.
You come to sell Gala

You do not do business
Stop saying that
you are traders

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 12:39am On Mar 16, 2023
Connected1:

Then does it warrant the violence and victimization?
Proof of violence.

As per intimidation. For every action, there is an opposite reaction. Why always Ibo insulting their host. The only reason this has not turned into a tribal riot is because this same Yoruba are peaceful people. If they were hausas, na another story we for dey talk now like the pogroms just before Biafra war.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 12:41am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

I do not think you have been to half the countries I have been to or towns In have been to In Nigeria
Have you ever been to Oyigbo,Oguta,Etche,Ogbaland, Buguma,Bodo City?Zaria? just dey online shouting travel like a fool
There is nothing pleasant about Anambra
slowpoke claiming Lagos. Baba Ibadan leave your comfort zone,you do not sound like someone who has crossed Ore in ondo state.
Every little discussion they start shouting Lagos Lagos like ewure on heat
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MaliCampus: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:
You come to sell Gala

You do not do business
Stop saying that
you are traders
Ikorodu is next. Watch out.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2023
juman:
To do what?
Why should one go there while the igbos run in large number from their region to other regions.
Abi o

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:
You come to sell Gala

You do not do business
Stop saying that
you are traders

shud I tell dem dat there are more vehicle (cars) in southwest than the rest of the five region in nigeria combine ?? or no need

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:47am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
slowpoke claiming Lagos. Baba Ibadan leave your comfort zone,you do not sound like someone who has crossed Ore in ondo state.
Every little discussion they start shouting Lagos Lagos like ewure on heat
Your mother is a mor0n. She will die from snake bike
Ogun will fry chinchin with her blood

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by juman(m): 12:49am On Mar 16, 2023
They are cannibals.
Unless you want to be eaten.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:49am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

shud I tell dem dat there are more vehicle (cars) in southwest than the rest of the five region in nigeria combine ?? or no need
no need grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:56am On Mar 16, 2023
It's very simple an average human hustle for what he/she lack in an areas where is available. Why going out when I can get all the essential needs at my door step.people going abroad went there for what we lack in naija

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Connected1: 1:00am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Proof of violence.

As per intimidation. For every action, there is an opposite reaction. Why always Ibo insulting their host. The only reason this has not turned into a tribal riot is because this same Yoruba are peaceful people. If they were hausas, na another story we for dey talk now like the pogroms just before Biafra war.
Go ahead and kill innocent souls if you wish, their bloods will be on your hands till the 4th generation, if violence sorted out anything, there still won't be cries for Biafra.

The Biafran race isn't supported by all Igbos, it's mostly the uneducated, poor and loud ones that usually bring up the topic, personally as an Igbo I have been ashamed by the level of reasoning of some Igbos around me.

Most of them have no physical investments anywhere aside SE, imagine me having to sell my lands and others in Delta State then run because I want Biafra.

Nigeria is One and I want you to understand that there are myopic people from every tribe, I have met many amongst Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Italy, Idoma, Urhobo and etc. They are usually the loudest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers / Extortion By Policemen In Onitsha (Video) / Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.