Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) (16326 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns At Night In Bassa LG, Kogi East (Pictures) / South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / South Westerners; What's Your Thoughts On A Pat Utomi Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Scarcity234: 8:10am On Mar 16, 2023
waynetee:

You have no reasonable point, would you rather go from heaven to hell fire? Why would i leave where i could do my work more efficiently and travel to terrorists den!

Common .. Yorubas travel to more advanced places like abroad, while you people come to yorubaland for greener pastures, that is the reality of things if you are lost.

They are way above you interms of reasoning.
SW is the comfort zone for now and the yorubas are the proud owner of it, best economy in Nigeria , best security, industrial hub, almost 90% of universities are located here, the list goes.. i do not think any sensible person would term foolish and weak when they are living in ther most competitive place in Nigeria .

How can we compete with you when we set the standards, the bests are here and what the best ones among you can do is try to catch up, that's why you come here to sell pants and boxers in 2x2 shop yorubas lend you.. Know your place abeg!

Every sane man wants a better life and would love to travel to greener pastures and yorubas lead the whole of Africa. Yorubas takes more than half of total Nigerians living in England today...

You sound stupid saying we should compete with Igbos.... Can a white man come to Nigeria to compete?

All the rubbish you just said makes you feel good?
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nonhuman(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2023
Roboto11:
Even Chinese people no dey go SE.

grin
some Chinese people even have shop in ochanja market
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nairanaira12: 8:17am On Mar 16, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place

Lolz. They say dey want to separate you said no.

Why are you afraid to allow a "dead place" to form its own country? grin
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by gabbytabby: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2023
Who says make una no go please halele yesterdaytoday is getting too late

Good riddance to bad rubbish

nairanaira12:

Lolz. They say dey want to separate you said no.

Why are you afraid to allow a "dead place" to form its own country? grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Neckpresser101: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2023
Johnjustice:

Am staying in my house I built in my region. Why will I leave heaven and go to hell?

You igbos know your region is a desolate land, that's why you all run from there, it's no fun running up and down like a refugee, for survival. Chinese come here with big money and business, Igbo man will come to Lagos, empty handed, selling gala in hold up. My brother na poverty cause am.
You built what?
Do you pay tax?😂

Lagos IGR is majorly from import duties taxes, who are the people importing?😂

Lagos also make money from market taxes

Who controls the markets?

Who are the ones paying? You in your dad's brown roofed house?

If Igbos leave Lagos will fall flat
Aren't you seeing how Lagos government usually give huge money to the traders to start up again when there's an incidence of fire out breaks in Lagos markets?

You said they are refugees and came to SW empty handed

Empty handed and buys your dad's house you should be worried about your laziness

That's what am talking about 😂 they're just too prosperous for your likes thus the crying 😭😂

I don't see you envying hausas!

You shouldn't envy progressive people who believe in working hard you should learn not owo mida

No wonder you guys crying all over nairaland 😂

Desolate land has the largest market in west Africa by trade volume and size ?

Desolate land according to Nigeria buereu of statistics has the lowest people in poverty 10M against second place SW with 16M that's a huge difference of 6M ahead

Remove Lagos State which other states in the west is doing well?😂

Igbos pay their taxes do you pay?😂

In SE I'll say only Abia is despite having one of the largest industrial area Aba
Abia also has oil

Imo is by far the most Educated state in Nigeria today
With huge oil deposits

Anambra has the highest concentration of millionaires ($) in Nigeria
With biggest market in west Africa
Second largest airport in Nigeria
With oil too

Ebonyi is one of fastest developing state based on infrastructure
With both coal and uranium deposits

Enugu is one of most beautiful places in Nigeria with
The coal city state
Also having one of the largest natural gas deposit in Nigeria

Remove ondo which was carved from Bayelsa which other places have oil

Lagos was capital from 1914 -1991

That's 77 years!

Igbos have been living in Lagos because of the port and the fact that it was the most developed place in Nigeria for many years

When the queen of England came
It was Ojukwu dad's car they used to pick her up in the airport
Then them never born your grand papa

You guys are lucky Awo gave you free education
There's wouldn't have been any difference between you and abokis

Abokis are even better at least they travel 😂

Travelling is education on its own.

Make Una dey play

Aren't you suprised how your top people are taking Igbos as wives

Your future is Igbo dey play 😂

1 Like

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 8:26am On Mar 16, 2023
a4cube:
Location is not ownership. Until you list the indigenous industries in Nigeria and their ownership structure you are just bragging like you people accuse of Igbos. Minus Lagos and Abuja every other state is at par with each with other. Can you name one infrastructure that is found in Oshogbo or Ibadan that is not in Onitcha or Orlu?

Mumu the industries in ibadan alone are more than that of entire SE. SW alone generate more than 60%IGR of the whole federation..

Igbos own shops, Yorubas build industries to attract you but una brain never reach that side, all the Igbos properties summed up in alaba is not up half of Glo's worth.

Dangote's refinery only will buy off everything Igbos think they have anywhere. You can see how worthless you are.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by XAUBulls: 8:32am On Mar 16, 2023
stonemasonn:
Number 1 is wrong. Yorubas are artisans by nature not traders, Yorubas will trive in an industrialized environment.

They are city dwellers too.

A Yoruba guy will rather stay in his village than relocate to an Igbo or Hausa village. There are alot of Yorubas in Portharcourt and Warri.
Point of correction.

There are major falsehoods in that
OP's post and other posts on this thread.

There were MANY Yorubas and
Edos living and trading in major
Ibo towns like Enugu, Abakaliki,
Aba, etc, but because of the
2 years and 6 months Nigerian Civil War of July 1967 to January 1970, Rivers State, Delta State, Calabar, etc, became the NEW headquarters for Yorubas to reside and do business. Asaba and PH enable Yorubas to reside and do trading or purchases from Aba and Onitsha, and return home in Rivers and/or Delta State.

Going to core Iboland to invest long-term is very risky as you can lose all you have invested like what happened on May 30, 1967 when that bearded rebel leader told non-Easterners to leave the Old Eastern Region immediately because he had illegally seceded taking the minority ethnicities without doing a referendum for them. Ibos also do not sell lands because land is limited and it is for family or community use.

NOTE: While there are Yoruba artisans just like in other ethnicities, Yorubas are big-time wholesale and retail traders in Hausaland, the Middle-Belt states of Nigeria, and the entire West African region.

Yorubas are big-time international traders and there is a Mokola market founded by Yorubas for decades now in Accra, Ghana just like Mokola market exists in Ibadan, and many Yoruba traders are in Dubai and in Abidjan, Ivory Coast which I visited in 1987.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Blaqroman0000: 8:37am On Mar 16, 2023
sekundosekundo:

Why don't you do same and buy their lands instead of selling yours to them?

Get out of your comfort zone.
thank you jare don't mind that tribalist
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Blaqroman0000: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2023
waynetee:
You lack logical sense, if igbos are really sensible and hardworking. Then they should be in their zone now enjoying their best life but rather all the life that could be enjoyed in Nigeria for now is found in SW.

To be realistic , you're just acting like slaves everywhere, used and dismissed.

yorubas are more advanced than you in every area of life, it is obvious to any sane person. You are just chest beating nonentities found everywhere. let that sink into your pig brain!
the truth is you don't understand how your sw region is poor... If you think sw is much more advanced, then stop selling land to the se and come down to se and buy off our properties like we have rendered so many sw landlords homeless🤣
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2023
Blaqroman0000:
the truth is you don't understand how your sw region is poor... If you think sw is much more advanced, then stop selling land to the se and come down to se and buy off our properties like we have rendered so many sw landlords homeless🤣

southeast is too small dat is why u ppl take pride in buying lands, buying lands is no big deal in southwest, we have it plenty, new residential and commercial.location continue to spring up

even if igbo bu enough land equal to dat of the entire Southeast we go still have enough to sell to other tribes ......yet agricultural land go still dey there

southwest have the largest construction industries in the whole of nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by aje55393: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2023
You can leave a best place for a good place (summary)You can leave a best place for a good place (summary)...
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Obaaderemi2: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2023
EmekaA125:

And ur agbo sellers and tailors from SouthWest succeed more in SouthEast than Yorubaland? Ur ignorance stinks. You don't know that most traders in Lagos have branch or head office in Onitsha or Aba ?? Mugu embarassed embarassed
Your land is good enough only for our agbo sellers. Our technocrats and elites have no business leaving the South West to go to the South East. We'll rather move ahead to places better than Africa itself not moving backward to a place experiencing mass Exodus. May we never go back. Amen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 9:01am On Mar 16, 2023
EmekaA125:

Be fooling yourself. Na ur molue drivers and agbero Yorubas occupy those sectors shey ?? I don't like engaging you fools here.
. Your mother is a fool
Foolishness will kill her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2023
nedu666:

So in the se, there is no education, banking, insurance, healthcare, transport, legal, telecoms, manufacturing etc. It only exists in the South West. Even in the north, it doesn't exist or yorubas are the ones in charge
You come to Ibadan to buy day old chick from the entire SE all you are good at is buying and selling
container and warehouse
You think trading is all there is to business
Healthcare in SE?
Well there are some baby factories.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2023
EmekaA125:

Ur tears is sweet. Kpele, Cry more. Mugu
Your father is a mugu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Obaaderemi2: 9:19am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

You come to Ibadan to buy day old chick from the entire SE all you are good at is buying and selling
container and warehouse
You think trading is all there is to business
Healthcare in SE?
Well there are some baby factories.....
grin So we even supply them day old chicks for their chicken production industry. The same way it was a Yoruba man, Ajayi Crowther, who taught ibos to read and write. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by seanwilliam(m): 9:29am On Mar 16, 2023
I disagree , personally someone like me will be looking up to travel to uk , USA, Canada and Europe to hustle than to leave southwest . The reason is , virtually everything i can get or do in southeast is here in west , it doesn’t make sense to me leaving Ibadan or lagos and go to Enugu or Ebonyi or owerri to start business when the chances of success is high here.

Infact I have friends here on nairaland from southeast ( enugu , Anambra and Ebonyi precisely) that asked if I can accommodate them in Lagos or Ibadan I had to tell them that things are tight everywhere that they should rather gather money and travel out. Some of them think it’s just so easy down here and YES THEY ARE HERE ON NAIRALAND.
I can’t blame them, afterall I think same of my friends oversea too.

Besides people won’t be migrating down here if they can do same thing successfully in their regions.

yorubas wont be moving abroad if Nigeria is better.
This is just common sense and doesn’t call for argument.
I rarely hear anyone here in SW say they’re going to southeast , most will rather prefer to go to port harcourt, Abuja and edo/delta .

Most outsiders in southeast are people that stay back after NYSC or people that are transferred in government job.

Except I’m on specific assignment, or to marry wife , it’s impossible to just wake up in Ibadan or lagos and start going to southeast to start life .travel to do what exactly business? Service? Except I’m an artisan given a contract job over there , it just doesn’t make sense atall.

Finally , you need to know that Igbo are better traders while yorubas strive better in heavy industries like Education
Insurance
IT
Logistics
Construction
Telecommunications
Banking
Manufacturing
Fintech
Consulting
Legal
Forestry/logging
Oil and Gas
Healthcare

Transport.
Give an average igbo guy/trader 1m, in six month he’ll give u 5m but an average yoruba guy will collect 1m and spend it lavishly . He’ll be waiting to start business with 10m .

That being said, all states in Nigeria are shîthole, just that some offer slightly better opportunities and security than others.

12 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by usmolad(m): 9:29am On Mar 16, 2023
Most of you have to go back to school. States government do not collect import duties, import duties goes to the federal government, so Lagos state do not collect import or export duties from your containers businesses.
Don't come here to brag about taxes, how much do you pay ad taxes. Are you in formal or informal sector. Most of your 2/2 businesses are informal and experience have shown that those in informal sectors don't pay tax because they are difficult to bring to the tax net. With your business or no business Lagos would generate its incomes.
I beg you stop creating many handles just to respond to everyone, the more you do that, the more you look dumb.[Qk author=Neckpresser101 post=121779564]
You built what?
Do you pay tax?😂

Aren't you seeing how Lagos government usually give huge money to the traders to start up again when there's an incidence of fire out breaks in Lagos markets?

Empty handed and buys your dad's house you should be worried about your laziness

That's what am talking about 😂 they're just too prosperous for your likes thus the crying 😭😂

You shouldn't envy progressive people who believe in working hard you should learn not owo mida

Desolate land according to Nigeria buereu of statistics has the lowest people in poverty 10M against second place SW with 16M that's a huge difference of 6M ahead

In SE I'll say only Abia is despite having one of the largest industrial area Aba
Abia also has oil

With huge oil deposits

With oil too

The coal city state

That's 77 years!

Igbos have been living in Lagos because of the port and the fact that it was the most developed place in Nigeria for many years

Make Una dey play

[/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2023
Blaqroman0000:
Grow up! The whole of SE will be same size as just just oyo state in SW... You're just like pigs jam-packed in a poultry , no sense. grin

I know your greatest ambition is to own a land in SW, but dont worry we have alot of them and its not affecting us in anyway grin

USA, UK, Dubai etc are best countries today because they entice good and useful people with settlement.. The same way the bests among you are proud to have properties in SW..what do SE have to entice anybody?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2023
Neckpresser101:

You built what?
Do you pay tax?😂

Abia also has oil

With huge oil deposits

With oil too

The coal city state

That's 77 years!

Make Una dey play

Biggest market in West Africa
Biggest how
Stop parroting that rubbish
Tell us. By what measure it is Biggest
Is it by sales or by land area occupied?
Tell us annual sales,tell us land mass?
It is a silly lie
Ignorant rubbish
Lagos does not get one naira from import duty or the port
That goes to the Federal government
That is not how Lagos gets IGR
VAT collected in Lagos is approaching 1 trillion tell us which Ibo business pay VAT in Lagos
Many you are traders and very badly educated
All you know is container and warehouse,and you believe that is All there is to business
People eat every day in Lagosand when it comes to even buying and selling that is he biggest segment of trade in Lagos Thousands of cows are killed daily selling for billions
Ibos do not produce significant amount of food
Those who do make their money. QUIETLY.

The stock exchange
Capital Markets
Insurance
Logistics
Healthcare
Transport
Education
IT
Fintech
Entertainment
Agriculture
Oil and gas
Manufacturing
Are the more important elements of the Lagos economy
When the queen Elizabeth came to Nigeria she was not picked with Ojukwus father's car that is one of many stupid lies Eboes tell their children. It is such a stupid story

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
grin So we even supply them day old chicks for their chicken production industry. The same way it was a Yoruba man, Ajayi Crowther, who taught ibos to read and write. grin
Till tomorrow if they don't come to Ibadan they cannot eat eggs in Aba

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Obaaderemi2: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Till tomorrow if they don't come to Ibadan they cannot eat eggs in Aba
grin

Did you know that Ibadan had more ibos than Lagos until the late 70s? They're still many in Ibadan. But we love the ones in Ibadan, they don't meddle in local politics and they're very friendly. During elections, they just vote like everyone else and go home. Unlike the riffraff ones in Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Hausas are there to trade in FOOD. Even Igbos are not doing businesses at home.

LocalStandard1:

Hausas and a host of others do. But you wouldn't know cause you're cozy and comfortable under mummy' wrapper in Daddy's father's compound. When and if you finally are ready to be a man and f*ck out that village you're in you'll know. Right, Bamidele?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by walefresh3(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2023
EmekaA125:
SouthEast is 99% indigenous and 1% of other tribes. The Yorubas should explore South-East as Igbos explored SouthWest.
Oga , nobody dey go live for your dead ghost CITY..... Naa Yankee ... London ... Armsterdam.... Paris... Berlin Yoruba dey go.... God forbid alaigbo.... Dead city of the universe...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nisai: 9:57am On Mar 16, 2023
walefresh3:
Oga , nobody dey go live for your dead ghost CITY..... Naa Yankee ... London ... Armsterdam.... Paris... Berlin Yoruba dey go.... God forbid alaigbo.... Dead city of the universe...
grin grin You no serious. You are from Ibeju Lekki, right?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by totit: 10:27am On Mar 16, 2023
BossGerald:

But when it comes to lagos, you're all sw yoruba land abi??

When it comes to any SW we are all south westerner. You people don't get it, do you? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by M5direct: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2023
[quote author=waynetee post=121773122]

You have no reasonable point, would you rather go from heaven to hell fire? Why would i leave where i could do my work more efficiently and travel to terrorists den!

Common .. Yorubas travel to more advanced places like abroad, while you people come to yorubaland for greener pastures, that is the reality of things if you are lost.

They are way above you interms of reasoning.
SW is the comfort zone for now and the yorubas are the proud owner of it, best economy in Nigeria , best security, industrial hub, almost 90% of universities are located here, the list goes.. i do not think any sensible person would term them foolish and weak when they are living in the most competitive place in Nigeria .

How can we compete with you when we set the standards, the bests are here and what the best ones among you can do is try to catch up, that's why you come here to sell pants and boxers in 2x2 shop yorubas lend you.. Know your place abeg!

Every sane man wants a better life and would love to travel to greener pastures and yorubas lead the whole of Africa. Yorubas takes more than half of total Nigerians living in England today... It simply means yorubas always make it first before any Nigerian .. We are just not lousy like you people.

So You sound stupid saying we should compete with Igbos.... Can a white man come to Nigeria to compete?

Good response. Kudos.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by YorubaSamurai: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
grin

Did you know that Ibadan had more ibos than Lagos until the late 70s? They're still many in Ibadan. But we love the ones in Ibadan, they don't meddle in local politics and they're very friendly. During elections, they just vote like everyone else and go home. Unlike the riffraff ones in Lagos.
ibadan people nor be lagos people wey dey form woke or liberalism ...
Even hausas know their limit for ibadan here

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Zincfingers: 11:12am On Mar 16, 2023
Neckpresser101:

You built what?
Do you pay tax?😂

Abia also has oil

With huge oil deposits

With oil too

The coal city state

That's 77 years!

Make Una dey play

Dumb illiterate osu pig
The clown doesn't know import duties belong to Abuja. Well, I don't blame you . You are clueless because you live in a landlocked poverty striken zone.

Lagos state gets most of it's taxes from PAYE.

The pattern of migration tells the whole story.
Everyone avoids the hell hole called sad east . Even Dangote with all his wealth avoided that parasitic region.

Indeed, the sad east , now home to the 10th deadliest terror group in the world is the devil's foot stool.

Osu, you and Hausa/Fulani are now one and the same in terms of terrorism. grin cheesy

Backward osu savages

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by BossGerald: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2023
totit:

When it comes to any SW we are all south westerner. You people don't get it, do you? grin

Na self deception go consume you...ogbomoso immigrant.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by sharpsecret: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2023
waynetee:
You lack logical sense, if igbos are really sensible and hardworking. Then they should be in their zone now enjoying their best life but rather all the life that could be enjoyed in Nigeria for now is found in SW.

To be realistic , you're just acting like slaves everywhere, used and dismissed.

yorubas are more advanced than you in every area of life, it is obvious to any sane person. You are just chest beating nonentities found everywhere. let that sink into your pig brain!
see this agbo seller
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by BossGerald: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2023
obawinner:
we are indivisible representative of our progenitor oduduwa irrespective of place of birth. We're not at fault you've different cadres of igb0s.

Only in lagos, I never see osun people try that rubbish for oyo or ekiti, ondo people no fit go ogun try am.

No dey deceive una self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Was A Brilliant Student, Says Tinubu / FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% / Documents Counter Nigerian Army Denial Of Planned Deployment Of Troops In Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.