Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) (16320 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns At Night In Bassa LG, Kogi East (Pictures) / South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / South Westerners; What's Your Thoughts On A Pat Utomi Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
stonemasonn:
Number 1 is wrong. Yorubas are artisans by nature not traders, Yorubas will trive in an industrialized environment.
They are city dwellers too.
A Yoruba guy will rather stay in his village than relocate to an Igbo or Hausa village. There are alot of Yorubas in Portharcourt and Warri.

You wanted to dispute what I said but ended confirming all my points in shorter sentences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
It's because of poverty in east, you and hausas come from a poverty stricken region, you have to leave for southwest or die. Yorubas have Lagos, why will they go to your poverty stricken cannibal land. Igbos need yorubas, yorubas don't need igbos.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:
SouthEast is 99% indigenous and 1% of other tribes. The Yorubas should explore South-East as Igbos explored SouthWest.
Explore a barren, desolate land?

You guys run from South east to southwest to survive, period. Stop talking nonsense.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2023
sekundosekundo:

Your advancement is like Lagos State IGR it doesn't reflect in your pockets.
Perfect banger! grin

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
Johnjustice:
It's because of poverty in east, you and hausas come from a poverty stricken region, you have to leave for southwest or die. Yorubas have Lagos, why will they go to your poverty stricken cannibal land. Igbos need yorubas, yorubas don't need igbos.
Okay, my prehistoric Lagosian.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Okay, my prehistoric Lagosian.
You people lie too much, just accept, your region is poor, you come to Lagos to escape poverty.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Larryton(m): 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
The same reason why England players don't play football outside their country, when you are comfortable with where you are, what's the essence of going to another man's land, its only if your place isn't okay that you will seek greener pasture elsewhere. If we are inflicted with diseases hunger, draught or wretchedness here in South west, you wouldn't have come here. You only come here with the hope of you will succeed.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
Johnjustice:

Explore a barren, desolate land?

You guys run from South east to southwest to survive, period. Stop talking nonsense.
So your people smuggled their scratched faced afonja face to hawk agbo, jedi-jedi and tailor work in a barren, desolate land ?? Na the green algae ewedu soup dey affect ur reasoning. Mugu

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:

So your people smuggled their scratched faced afonja face to hawk agbo, jedi-jedi and tailor work in a barren, desolate land ?? Na the green algae ewedu soup dey affect ur reasoning. Mugu
No Yoruba man in South east, but millions of you are in South West, you people are slaves to Yoruba, bow to your masters. It's the poor man that goes up and down like a hungry dog. Why will a Yoruba man leave a flourishing land to go stay in your cannibal, terrorists, poverty stricken Igbo land?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by talk2hb1(m): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Let me start with this personal example, experience.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubted of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

NOTE: I am not Igbo and have never been there, by the way.
Why Did You Think The SE migrated westward?
Because of lack of opportunities in the SE.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 10:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Yes, I hear they like and marry the South East women a lot. More than I can say about myself.

Don't just go there only when it's time to marry, go there also to succeed and find new grounds. Dominate the earth my South Western brothers.
They're free to dominate if they can compete well enough in Igboland. Some of them are doing well for themselves in tailoring and fashion designing and Igbos like myself patronize them a lot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by stonemasonn: 10:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:

You wanted to dispute what I said but ended confirming all my points in shorter sentences.
you're talking about fear of competition right?
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 10:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
talk2hb1:

Hahahaha. Lack of opportunity where?? Be disgracing ur wretched ancestors. Most SouthEasterners are self-employed and would prefer businesses that ensure daily returns unlike Yorubas that prefer salary work most times. There are lots of opportunities in Onitsha and Aba due to high concentration of economic activities going on there just like Lagos. Take Nollywood for instance, most of the home movies are marketed at 51 Iweka Rd, Onitsha, 1/3 Pound Rd, Aba and 4/5 Idumota-Lagos which depict high concentration of commercial activities in the 3 cities. Which opportunity dey Oshogbo, Ado-Ekiti, Ikirun and Ogbomosho ?? Abi no be SW urban settlements dem be ?? Mugu

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
talk2hb1:

Yes, same reason the Chinese and Americans migrate to other places. wink

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by toolovely(m): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Many yorubas who stayed back in the east after their NYSC and started life are doing well for themselves....they even marry Igbo girls.... One shola, who stayed in my compound started a printing business, till date, he's still in Umuahia married to an Igbo girl. His friend, Yemi, also stayed back, also, married from Umuahia, was doing well for himself... though he's relocated to the UK.
In my village, one of the best photographers is a yoruba guy who's spent over 10 years there. Built his house there... He speaks my dialect very well now...

It's the lazy ones that are scared to explore.... mostly because they lived their lives in their village that complain about Igbos

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Johnjustice:

You people lie too much, just accept, your region is poor, you come to Lagos to escape poverty.

Okay Dangote.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Neckpresser101: 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
Johnjustice:

Leave your region alaye stop hiding under your mom's dirty wrapper

Both in education and economics SE is ahead

SE is by far the richest region per capita

Has the lowest poverty index rate about 6M people difference from SW

Go and check them out

And stop making a fool yourself

Chinese are everywhere doesn't mean their country is poor

It's just about taking opportunities

Igbos are go getters no cap 🧢 obi showed everyone the working ethics of an igbo man

Compete with them or shut up 😁

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by optionalY09: 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place

Very Very rubbish talk

Yoruba will rather pack bag and go to london not to the S/East. We’ll even go to the North to do business.

Igbo s have no good character that’s why people are careful with them

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
Johnjustice:

No Yoruba man in South east, but millions of you are in South West, you people are slaves to Yoruba, bow to your masters. It's the poor man that goes up and down like a hungry dog. Why will a Yoruba man leave a flourishing land to go stay in your cannibal, terrorists, poverty stricken Igbo land?
Na so the useless landlord boast for Ogun over electricity bill yesterday until Ifeoma grabbed him dick so tey he kpai. U don dey make mouth now grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
talk2hb1:

Alaye, leave ur dilapidated old rickety brown roof enclave at Ibarakpa and travel. Just try leave Okitipukpa and travel alaye. Stop exposing ur ignorance in a public forum.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
Johnjustice:

Childish talk. Now run along.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
optionalY09:

Very Very rubbish talk

Yoruba will rather pack bag and go to london not the East. We every go to the North to do business.

Igbo s have no good character that’s why people are careful with them
Because Igbos say no to agbero intimation in Lagos right?? Cry from now till tomorrow, Igbos no send ya papa. Leave Ibarakpa and Okitikpukpa and travel alaye.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
This one wants IPOB to use person do target practice. Aside the violence taking place in the east, Ibos need to check their behaviour as well.

The person below even forgot to add India.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MuchAdo: 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Why don't we have as many Britons in Nigeria as we have Nigerians in the UK

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
MuchAdo:
Why don't we have as many Britons in Nigeria as we have Nigerians in the UK
That's another good reason. People migrate towards prosperity and not the other way around. There is a reason Ibos themselves are running away from the East.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by YorubaSamurai: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
igboland is a dead zone.....

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by raskymonojendor: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2023
Even in Chinua Achebe's Chike and the River book which I read I think in Primary 4, in that book, Chike said Lagos was 2nd to London, so he dreamt of moving to Lagos for Prosperity grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 0m0nnakoda: 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Hausas and a host of others do. But you wouldn't know cause you're cozy and comfortable under mummy' wrapper in Daddy's father's compound. When and if you finally are ready to be a man and f*ck out that village you're in you'll know. Right, Bamidele?

You have an ignorant, warped and stereotyped view
Normally one should not bother with your kind
Not all Eboes are traders e.g Enugu and Ebonyi.
During the slave trade some Eboes were sellers and others were sold
So stop this ignorant generalisation of Iboes or others
Yoruba are a much bigger group than Iboes into different things
Some travel some don't
There are Yoruba group s into fishing e.g they are close to Ijaw and share some deities with them You find them in Cameron Akwa Ibom etc
Yoruba have run Taxi business in PH for decades
As a group in the oil industry in the Niger Delta there is none bigger than Yoruba as graduate worker
In 1969 during the war Ghana did NIgeria must go Thousands of Yoruba of Ogbomosho origin were evicted They had been there for generations
Yoruba are present in South Africa Cote dIvoire,Senegal the UK ,USA in huge numbers because they choose not to come in huge numbers to your shithole is no reason for you to talk rubbish
They go where is profitable
If it was so great why are you escaping your region
Across Nigeria they are the largest single group of butchers
That they are not into what you are into doesn't mean they don't travel

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by okoloto: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
You are absolutely right. I think it has to do also with culture. The yorubas are nice people and too respectful. That is the upbringing and you that doesn't have such overbearing respect will be termed rude. That is the major problem the yorubas have with the Igbos.
Igbo culture puts your feet in the ground from day one. That is why it is said that the Igbos have no king. Yorubas should stop thinking that the Igbos are dragging their land or anything with them.
You cannot see an Igbo man marrying to be fed by the parents. He has to be a man to get married and not under the father's roof. Even if he has to stay in the father's house, he will be providing but very rare.
Not that the yorubas don't travel to other zones, they do but very rare. I was in Enugu state and met a medical doctor from ekiti that was there for his youth service and stayed after. He now has a clinic and a very large farm, married to an indegene and very rich and happy. But in all, the politicians too is contributing 99% of the tribal sentiments we have in Nigeria for their selfish gain and for election purposes. Nigeria is a blessed country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by optionalY09: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:

Because Igbos say no to agbero intimation in Lagos right?? Cry from now till tomorrow, Igbos no send ya papa. Leave Ibarakpa and Okitikpukpa and travel alaye.

We were still talking about character, just listen to how you sound before calling someone agbero

11 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Connected1: 10:43pm On Mar 15, 2023
After the Civil War, the Igbos began migration to other parts of the country and the world for greener pastures.

They moved to several cities nationwide, then Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt proved to be blissful so they migrated in great numbers to these places.

There are thousands of Igbos in Kano, Port Harcourt but somehow only the Yorubas rant and complain about the Igbos taking over their lands in Lagos.

They are simply lazy people or rather hateful.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu / Buhari Okays Postponement Of APC National Convention / Oby Ezekwesili Tricked With Fake Prophecy To Run For 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.