Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) (16273 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns At Night In Bassa LG, Kogi East (Pictures) / South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / South Westerners; What's Your Thoughts On A Pat Utomi Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by pquaver(m): 1:04am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Let me start with this personal example, experience.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubtful of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

NOTE: I am not Igbo and have never been there, by the way.

So who are they competing with in Southwest that we Igbos migrate to? Stop deceving yourself no body lives a better place for an awful place.. People migrate for survival and livelihood.. Why should some in ogun leave ogun to anambra, tell us what exactly he is looking for when Anambra people and igbo as a whole full southwest.. I go dey tell una truth wey ndigbo no Wan tell themselves... Our states are desolate that is why we are leaving in droves to North, South South and South west even abroad and neighboring African countries.. If we no like insult leave people properties.. Make we build our own una no go hear.. S/east is ours nobody go follow us drag am, make go go develop am..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Tinubuwins2023e: 1:15am On Mar 16, 2023
sekundosekundo:

Why don't you do same and buy their lands instead of selling yours to them?

Get out of your comfort zone.

Igbos dey sell land?

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:32am On Mar 16, 2023
in all markets I ever get to visit, I notice d igbos and hausas engage each other more in bizness transactions more than any other tribes, they understand themselves well...

Yoruba is different
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by flokii: 1:39am On Mar 16, 2023
Most of you just stay in the comfort of your room and concot rubbish to post online...

Do you know how many years it took our ancestors to make Lagos what it is that our people have been building on ever since?.. what have the Igbo ancestors been doing that their region is in the sorry state it is today??.

So in your warped logic, you expect a Yoruba that has it all in South Weat to go and start suffering amidst hostilities from Igbos in the South East simply because he wants to prove a point?

FYI.. Yorubas have the largest population of Nigerians in the diaspora in countries like U.K, U.S and Canada and are all doing great and breaking records. So you see that your arguement of Yorubas not travelling is flawed.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by petechs(m): 1:48am On Mar 16, 2023
OP is give us nonsense observation.. I served in Apasha town, Nkanu West, Enugu when Silvan Chime was Governor as a corp member in 2009... I visited every LGA of Enugu. During my stay.. I went around to see the whole of the South East, from Owerri, to Onitsha, Umhaya, Abakaliki as a young man from the South Western(infact son of the soil in Lagos State).. I was learning Cisco CNA at Afrihub in UNN .. then.

My true observation!

1. Nothing inspire a South Westerner in the whole of East, no enough infrastructure, no good food, no recreational activities, loss/mourning of Birafia everywhere.. no true joy.
2. The level of greed among the people there is enough to demoralised you to leave fast.
3. The culture can't inspire a typical westerner, you attend their party.. everywhere is beer.. even 90 year old grama will be taking beer.. old women taking beer inside the bottle.. Western parties will prefer to give you more food and meat instead of beer... 90 percent if 100 percent of the people are alcoholic in the East.
4. They don't appreciate or accommodation strangers like western... It's in their attitude!
5. Anytime I come back during my service from Enugu then.. when I reach Berger bus stop in Lagos.. is like have gotten to heaven from Hell... That's the feeling.
6. No meaningful development or companies enough to go around, so what are you waiting for As a young person and want to settle down to start life.
7. It doesn't make any sense for a Westerner to live in East, especially now with IPOB and beheading of their own kinsmen.. if they can do that to their own blood, imagine you that comes from outside their community.

Finally, it will take 100 years or more for the westerners or northerners to truly trust an Easterners in Nigeria because of their many many atrocities.

That's my take through my journey to the East!!!

LocalStandard1:
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubtful of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by a4cube: 1:49am On Mar 16, 2023
BabaO2:

It is a dead end man, stop arguing ignorantly. Ask yourself, why the likes of psquare, cubana,etc chose lagos over eastern states, why many of them keep rushing westward. I lived there, moved around all the SE states up to PH for almost a year, the experience is like you are in village everywhere you were including their capitals probably except in PH. Hausas do for herding only
Cubans is in Enugu, Owerri, Awka all in SE. In SW cabana is only in Lagos. How did he rush towards westwards?
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CCIA: 1:50am On Mar 16, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place
It is a red wasteland where nothing grows🤓

Thats why they have to go to other places in order to be able to thrive grin

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by a4cube: 1:53am On Mar 16, 2023
Johnjustice:

Explore a barren, desolate land?

You guys run from South east to southwest to survive, period. Stop talking nonsense.
The wealthy don't sell their property to the poor. It's always the other way round.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by a4cube: 2:04am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

And you will never hear an Hausa/Fula/Kanuri/Edo/Ijaw/Itsekiri e.t.c call Lagos no man's land. It's always the ibos.
Is Lateef Jakande Igbo man?
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 2:29am On Mar 16, 2023
a4cube:
The wealthy don't sell their property to the poor. It's always the other way round.

So countries like USA dont sell lands and houses to foreigners ? grin deh bobo yourself .

Most of all the manufacturering industries in Nigeria are located in southwest today..

We aslo control the educational system with over 70% of the universities( the best of them) located in same southwest.. best security

The list is endless and SW is basically best in everything you could think of in Nigeria today

.. So Tell me what a yoruba man needs in OSU land that he cant find in southwest aside from wahala and poverty? grin.

Its like calling oyinbos lazy because they don't settle down in Nigeria to compete with us..

You get sense so?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by plaindealer: 2:32am On Mar 16, 2023
Wetin I won go do with ipob ESN and UGM Jihadi terrorists in the SE when den no swear for me?

Nna, we don;t want to be beheaded and roast chop like suya and sit at home is not our portion in life, keep your hell hole.

In fact, what is in the poor and wretched terrorist region, the poorest and the most unproductive region in Nigeria, a region where you Igbos can not wait to japa from?

Mkpurummiri addicts.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Tflex01: 2:40am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Hausas and a host of others do. But you wouldn't know cause you're cozy and comfortable under mummy' wrapper in Daddy's father's compound. When and if you finally are ready to be a man and f*ck out that village you're in you'll know. Right, Bamidele?

Yorubas only think of US or UK. Not Enugu or Anambra. Forward ever.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
let's start from Nairaland here,where you all have been crying that Igbos have taking over your market, You don't know he who controls the market,control the economy. We saw how you all where crying when Peter Obi was visiting markets in Lagos lols

You now result to burning Igbo markets beco of envy.lol We are moving to Ikorodu. We need to Take over that place becos its a village, you guys don't have money to renovate your houses Igbos are coming to take over. Ikorodu needs a new look.

You want to start on nairaland owned by a yoruba man. Una mumu plenty no be small grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by obawinner(m): 3:22am On Mar 16, 2023
They need to embark on a massive reorientation across the whole southeast. Its appealing, they are victims in majority of countries they find themselves.
Its worst the sort of attitude majority of them both the educated and non educated one behavioural patterns on every aspect of societal and civic attitude.
Sadly there's no one, not even a leader that puts their interest at heart. They all slept with so much hatred facing one sided delusional pattern. They vote to punish not because of competency, track records or integrity.
As its now, Apga their indigenous political party (house) is collapsing due to a 9 month party, we don't want to be reminded when the real owners of Labor party in the last 3 decades take over, as usual they will claim victims.
They will live long ( Amen) and die in old age, their remains will be transported back to be buried in SE in cargo buses, a befitting statement to the region.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by smokinloud(m): 3:27am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Yes, I hear they like and marry the South East women a lot. More than I can say about myself.

Don't just go there only when it's time to marry, go there also to succeed and find new grounds. Dominate the earth my South Western brothers.
What is your purchasing power there?!.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Zincfingers: 3:30am On Mar 16, 2023
I hope the dunce OP knows that hee.boe land is now home to the 10th deadliest terror group in the world .
Let that sink for a minute grin

Yorubas are the biggest Nigerian group in the UK, US , Canada, Germany and the oil rich gulf states .
Even animals migrate towards prosperity.
Only dregs of Yorubaland might consider Ibo land as a potential destination.

South yeastern Nigeria is currently in an hobbesian state where life is short , cruel and brutish. A place every Osu child can't wait to leave as soon as they take their first steps
The place competes with the war ravaged North Eastern Nigeria in terms of economy and security.

South Eastern Nigerian
Northeastern Nigeria
Middle East
They all have something in common. Go figure! grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by BossGerald: 3:57am On Mar 16, 2023
totit:
I used to wonder why every yebboh person often ropes the trading business that only Anambra and a few parts of Aba are known for with all yeebooh.

Why? Imo, enugu, and Ebonyi are not known for that. Everybody should state his papa house abeg. grin

But when it comes to lagos, you're all sw yoruba land abi??
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by ladiguy(m): 4:21am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

You are very dumb... people go to places where there Are more economic opportunities. South western Nigeria, particularly Lagos. Lagos is like London or USA to other Nigerians, so people troop in for this reason.

Hope say no be you Dey intelligent pass for your family? If, na you ..... o boy ur family get problem oooo.... cuz you Dey very dumb.... very dumb.....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by obawinner(m): 4:24am On Mar 16, 2023
BossGerald:

But when it comes to lagos, you're all sw yoruba land abi??
we are indivisible representative of our progenitor oduduwa irrespective of place of birth. We're not at fault you've different cadres of igb0s.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by blingxx(m): 4:35am On Mar 16, 2023
Johnjustice:

You people lie too much, just accept, your region is poor, you come to Lagos to escape poverty.

Just leave them , infact I'm tired of arguing these set of pple no get sense atall

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 4:51am On Mar 16, 2023
waynetee:

You have no reasonable point, would you rather go from heaven to hell fire? Why would i leave where i could do my work more efficiently and travel to terrorists den!

Common .. Yorubas travel to more advanced places like abroad, while you people come to yorubaland for greener pastures, that is the reality of things if you are lost.

They are way above you interms of reasoning.
SW is the comfort zone for now and the yorubas are the proud owner of it, i do not think any sensible person would term them foolish and weak.

How can we compete with you when we set the standards, the bests are here and what the best ones among you can do is try to catch up, that's why you come here to sell pants and boxers in 2x2 shop yorubas lend you.. Know your place abeg!

Every sane man wants a better life and would love to travel to greener pastures and yorubas lead the whole of Africa.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nedu666: 5:10am On Mar 16, 2023
Johnjustice:

Explore a barren, desolate land?

You guys run from South east to southwest to survive, period. Stop talking nonsense.

The same sw with millions of yorubas living in poverty. Abi success no dey see yorubas sufferinh
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 5:10am On Mar 16, 2023
blingxx:

Just leave them , infact I'm tired of arguing these set of pple no get sense atall
Let them just accept reality, don't know why they like to tell barefaced lies.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 5:12am On Mar 16, 2023
a4cube:
You just sounded dumb, people sell lands for various reasons, and it's just 1% of igbos in Lagos that can afford to buy lands, so many igbos still living in shops, on the streets, and pako house in Lagos. The thing is that you people mouth dey very big, very good in bragging and showing off.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nedu666: 5:17am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Let me burst your bubble BUSINESS is not just trading
Container and warehouse
That is all Ibos know
Tell us which of the following Ibos outcompete Yoruba in

Agriculture,, The largest sector in the economy Ibos are irrelevant in agriculture

Education
Insurance
IT
Logistics
Construction
Telecommunications
Banking
Manufacturing
Fintech
Consulting
Legal
Forestry/logging
Oil and Gas
Healthcare
Transport

All you know is container and warehouse
That is a tiny part of BUSINESS

So in the se, there is no education, banking, insurance, healthcare, transport, legal, telecoms, manufacturing etc. It only exists in the South West. Even in the north, it doesn't exist or yorubas are the ones in charge
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by unclejb2(m): 5:20am On Mar 16, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place
aside Lagos that Igbos developed 70%, Nnewi is more beautiful and more developed than any part of the south west
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nedu666: 5:22am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

u dey mind dem (because we are not boastful lyk dem na wetin dey give dem mind )

do dey even know how much southwest cocoa a nd cashew industry worth

despite lot of our businessmen reside and do business in Lagos (a Yoruba state)
if you remove Lagos from southwest the remaining states economy put togeda is still bigger than that of southeast

Wat a joke. If millions of lgbos resident in the sw should leave, lagos in particular will be on same level as most states. Don't kid urself. As for the remaining sw states being better than se, that is a even bigger joke. People in those states are fleeing to lagos to survive. Which jobs exist in ekiti, osun, ondo, oyo apart from govt jobs
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nedu666: 5:24am On Mar 16, 2023
chiefoga:

You want to start on nairaland owned by a yoruba man. Una mumu plenty no be small grin

If lgbos stop commenting on nairaland, that is the end of nairaland. Same with if millions of lgbos leave sw, that the end of sw
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 16, 2023
nedu666:

If lgbos stop commenting on nairaland, that is the end of nairaland. Same with if millions of lgbos leave sw, that the end of sw

STOP COMMENTING!

LEAVE!

I DARE YOU.

Idiots!

grin

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 5:35am On Mar 16, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Cannibals, kidnappers and Ipob terrorists.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 5:36am On Mar 16, 2023
nedu666:

You idiots always come up with something new everyday, just shut up.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 5:37am On Mar 16, 2023
nedu666:

Wat a joke. If millions of lgbos resident in the sw should leave, lagos in particular will be on same level as most states. Don't kid urself. As for the remaining sw states being better than se, that is a even bigger joke. People in those states are fleeing to lagos to survive. Which jobs exist in ekiti, osun, ondo, oyo apart from govt jobs
You are an idiot, Lagos existed and prospered for more than 200 years before igbos stepped in here. You poverty stricken people came here, no one invited you here. Lagos is overpopulated, abeg leave.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Wike And Wife Celebrate 17th Marriage Anniversary Today (PHOTO) / Orji Uzor Kalu Arrives Katsina Ahead Of His Official Turbaning / Pictures of Olawepo Hashim At ICC To Sign The Peace Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.