Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) (16317 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns At Night In Bassa LG, Kogi East (Pictures) / South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / South Westerners; What's Your Thoughts On A Pat Utomi Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Hellonearth: 5:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place

Can u imagine something that comes out
of a mouth that claim it's a human mouth. It sounds like something that will come out of a pigs mouth
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Winnersunited: 5:49am On Mar 16, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
There is nothing like dead zone my Yoruba Muslim brother. Dubai was a desert land 20 years ago .but today the biggest city.
He will never understand you, because he has a close mind. He is not adventurous person. Human beings are meant to explore . Even in that place he is sitting now, he has not succeeded in doing any thing. His only occupation is to cause trouble. Igbos no be his mate.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2023
nedu666:

Wat a joke. If millions of lgbos resident in the sw should leave, lagos in particular will be on same level as most states. Don't kid urself. As for the remaining sw states being better than se, that is a even bigger joke. People in those states are fleeing to lagos to survive. Which jobs exist in ekiti, osun, ondo, oyo apart from govt jobs

be deceiving yourself, why unna no leave
shey na UK need nigerians or nah nigerians need uk.........i repeat plus or minus Lagos southwest economy if bigger than southeast
productivity is higher in southwest than any other region in nigeria

you said there are no jobs in southwest, is it southeast dat have jobs and yet u ppl keep trooping in thousand weekly to southwest , yet our economy is big enough to accommodate you ppl same with all other tribe in nigeria

remove Lagos, our manufacturing capacity is still bigger than dat of southeast
how many agroallied industry ar southeast comoare to southwest

how do you pp generate from forestry, kolanut, cocoa,cashew .....why do you think the Lebanese so love the southwest .....if no be economy prosperity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 6:40am On Mar 16, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
in all markets I ever get to visit, I notice d igbos and hausas engage each other more in bizness transactions more than any other tribes, they understand themselves well...

Yoruba is different

see did one famzing the north i laugh
even to the north, southwest still remain the biggest market to their goods abi unna buy cows pass southwest ??

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by SenatePresdo(m): 6:40am On Mar 16, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place

Aside from Lagos, no other Western state has created more Millionaires than the states of SE.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by lordofreal(m): 6:41am On Mar 16, 2023
But Yoruba are one of the most successful tribes in both Europe and America. Are you saying they dont meet stiffer.competition in those plates before they achieve what they achieved?( There is a village dedicated to a Yoruba in America).After leaving my village in west here, I will either go to Lagos or travel out of the country for better opportunity. So you expect me to leave my village and still go to the (east) glorified village to continue my sufferness.
Atleast no place in Nigeria have more eastener excluded the Eastern States than Lagos owned by Westerner. Atleast Lagos is the most sought out place among the whole tribe in nigeria.so Westerner don't have reason to go back to where you ran from just because they want to prove themselves to anybody.main reason you don't see them much there is that there is little or nothing they will achieve by going to that dry land that you and your ancestors have been running from just to come Lagos and be claiming ancestoral ownership..
LocalStandard1:
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Let me start with this personal example, experience.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubtful of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

NOTE: I am not Igbo and have never been there, by the way.

11 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by blingxx(m): 6:43am On Mar 16, 2023
Hellonearth:

Can u imagine something that comes out
of a mouth that claim it's a human mouth. It sounds like something that will come out of a pigs mouth

Is he wrong ? Is SE not dead ? If your erosion land is good and flourishing you won't be dragging Lagos with people wey no send you

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2023
9gerian:
Not necessary. Most Nigerians hardly see igboland as hospitable. Even some Igbos do not see igboland as hospitable (at least I have met a few). This is a demotivating factor.

Few Yorubas do venture to the southeast but it is not considered a prime destination for Yorubas.

Na una headache be this. Nothing concern Ndigbo.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2023
FisifunKododada:
Rubbish. Upon all the noise, most of the billionaires and millionaires in Nigeria are Yorubas. The most successful Nigerians in Britain and US are Yorubas. The ONLY thing Okoro knows how to do is to beat chest.

Please wetin go carry Yoruba go a land where there is no culture? Where they wake up their parents with scissors kicks? Yorubas are very cultured people. That's why they're beginning to formulate a way to send you okoros back to SE because your ever increasing population in the SW, is causing a strain on Yoruba culture since you okoros don't know how to respect your hosts.
Ur tears is sweet. Kpele, Cry more. Mugu
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 7:02am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, dat serious
I will rada go Maiduguri and start business rada than going IMO
Ur choice. Good luck
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:05am On Mar 16, 2023
Igbos ,Hausas, Ibibios, Esans and Urhobos are highly traveled and can survive anywhere in the world. Notice that Esan and Urhobo are not so large but are everywhere doing well like Igbos.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Let me burst your bubble BUSINESS is not just trading
Container and warehouse
That is all Ibos know
Tell us which of the following Ibos outcompete Yoruba in

Agriculture,, The largest sector in the economy Ibos are irrelevant in agriculture

Education
Insurance
IT
Logistics
Construction
Telecommunications
Banking
Manufacturing
Fintech
Consulting
Legal
Forestry/logging
Oil and Gas
Healthcare
Transport

All you know is container and warehouse
That is a tiny part of BUSINESS
Be fooling yourself. Na ur molue drivers and agbero Yorubas occupy those sectors shey ?? I don't like engaging you fools here.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:18am On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

see did one famzing the north i laugh
even to the north, southwest still remain the biggest market to their goods abi unna buy cows pass southwest ??
am not famzing anybody...

Igbos and hausas engage in bizness more together
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by colestephan86: 7:19am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubtful of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

NOTE: I am not Igbo and have never been there, by the way.
People that can't succeed in their states , wants others to come waste their time there
The truth is there isn't prospect in the SE , ask yourself where there are yoruubas in south south , north west and north east.SE is not welcoming.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 9gerian: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2023
Connected1:

Then does it warrant the violence and victimization?

Is there no violence, discrimination and victimization in igboland worse than anywhere in the southwest?

Igbos have the most discriminatory culture, even to their people and their women. Why would anybody want to settle down in such a place that the owners are running away from in droves?

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by 9gerian: 7:32am On Mar 16, 2023
But Ndigbo can actually do something about the negative energy they ooze that makes their region unattractive to other Nigerians.

The narratives by other Nigerians about igbos is not favorable. Even the narratives internationally are getting worse and singling out Igbos. These things matter tbh.

EmekaA125:

Na una headache be this. Nothing concern Ndigbo.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by SWATMan: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2023
Ballmer:
Awesome but if you have any Igbo blood in you may your life be filler with misery regret pain n excruciating agony.

Why? What is wrong in what he wrote? Can't you counter his post with yours? What a miserable human being you are.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CBR100: 7:37am On Mar 16, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

am not famzing anybody...

Igbos and hausas engage in bizness more together

expanciate your point .......igbo buys more goods from the north than west??

or north patronize Igbo's more than southwest ??

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by DesChyko: 7:39am On Mar 16, 2023
How about we just accept that they're not that adventurous as a people and move on?

Everyone must not be the same. I've come to terms with the fact that the reason they're not well spread around Nigeria, unlike the two other major tribes is that not many of them welcome such moves. And that's fine; so long as it doesn't become a problem.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by a4cube: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2023
Johnjustice:

You just sounded dumb, people sell lands for various reasons, and it's just 1% of igbos in Lagos that can afford to buy lands, so many igbos still living in shops, on the streets, and pako house in Lagos. The thing is that you people mouth dey very big, very good in bragging and showing off.
The primary reason of selling property is to raise fund. If 1% of Igbos own houses in lagos then leass than 0.001% non Lagos Yorubas own houses in Lagos. Well pako dwellers know themselves. Bragging is not illegal so I don't know why it disturbs you. Gov Sanwo-Olu and others that matters in Lagos know the people they want and are visiting them to smoothl their way to office.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by DesChyko: 7:42am On Mar 16, 2023
9gerian:
But Ndigbo can actually do something about the negative energy they ooze that makes their region unattractive to other Nigerians.

The narratives by other Nigerians about igbos is not favorable. Even the narratives internationally are getting worse and singling out Igbos. These things matter tbh.

No. Ndi Igbo don't need to do anything about how other people feel. It would be a humongous waste of energy. Nobody achieved anything chasing after propaganda, not even gossips by profession.

Peace of mind comes with knowing you as an individual can't control adults and therefore, are not responsible for their behaviours. You are only responsible for yourself.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by orisa37: 7:46am On Mar 16, 2023
GIBBERISH.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nisai: 7:50am On Mar 16, 2023
totit:
I used to wonder why every yebboh person often ropes the trading business that only Anambra and a few parts of Aba are known for with all yeebooh.

Why? Imo, enugu, and Ebonyi are not known for that. Everybody should state his papa house abeg. grin
Bros, I tire.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Johnjustice: 7:51am On Mar 16, 2023
a4cube:
The primary reason of selling property is to raise fund. If 1% of Igbos own houses in lagos then leass than 0.001% non Lagos Yorubas own houses in Lagos. Well pako dwellers know themselves. Bragging is not illegal so I don't know why it disturbs you. Gov Sanwo-Olu and others that matters in Lagos know the people they want and are visiting them to smoothl their way to office.
Shut up, it's buying and selling, people sell what they want to sell. Bragging shows you have inferiority complex. Mumu ipob pig. Always bragging with nothing to show for it. Still refugees grin

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by a4cube: 7:52am On Mar 16, 2023
waynetee:

So countries like USA dont sell lands and houses to foreigners ? grin deh bobo yourself .

Most of all the manufacturering industries in Nigeria are located in southwest today..

We aslo control the educational system with over 70% of the universities( the best of them) located in same southwest.. best security

The list is endless and SW is basically best in everything you could think of in Nigeria today

.. So Tell me what a yoruba man needs in OSU land that he cant find in southwest aside from wahala and poverty? grin.

Its like calling oyinbos lazy because they don't settle down in Nigeria to compete with us..

You get sense so?

Location is not ownership. Until you list the indigenous industries in Nigeria and their ownership structure you are just bragging like you people accuse of Igbos. Minus Lagos and Abuja every other state is at par with each with other. Can you name one infrastructure that is found in Oshogbo or Ibadan that is not in Onitcha or Orlu?
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by DesChyko: 7:54am On Mar 16, 2023
9gerian:

Igbos have the most discriminatory culture.

No Sir. You are wrong.

Togolese artisans who mastered the art of plastering and screeding are domiciled in different areas of Igboland; patronised by wealthy Igbo men who want perfect buildings. What's more? Indigenous artisans and masons are actually apprentices to these foreigners so they can master the art.

These are Togolese. Sell us something productive and we'd give you a throne. But you don't waltz in expecting one. Even the most wealthy of Igbos don't get such unwarranted favours in their hometown.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by DSoj(m): 7:55am On Mar 16, 2023
Stupid dumb talk.
1. There are no opportunities in SE, a landlocked region.
2. They are unwelcoming.

Thats all

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by nisai: 7:56am On Mar 16, 2023
So those Yorubas in Rivers, Delta, Edo, Plateau, Kano, Kaduna, Adamawa, Abuja, Ivory coast, Ghana, South Africa, etc. are just there for tourism?

If Yorubas are not moving in drove to the East as much as you want, then something is wrong. You may research about that.

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by biaframaster200: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Cowardice is why Afonjas cannot move to other regions. They are permanently scared always exercising caution in everything and backstabbing at the first sign of danger.

Spits.

But don't your think Yoruba people are not fugitive and wanderer like your people...

If your region is good ....there is no point mov8ng to other region to. find a greener pasture.....if you doubt me ask an average Canadian, American, or British if he loves to migrate out of his country.....

Wisdom is scare

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by CodeTemplar: 8:07am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Afraid to compete because they will kill you if you ever make any significant progress.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 16, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

80% of successful igbos succeed only because they travel from SE to SW to hustle. Next

What a funny people? You online hear of the Cubanas, emoneys because of social media. Those guys has no money compared to most Igbo in the East.

It's just like the music industry in a way.
Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by gabbytabby: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2023
Because Igbos speak and think from a place of arrogance and greed often times they lack capacity for rational expressions

The same reason why you all run from from your desolate potopoto region is the same reason others do not have reason to go there. There is nothing to go there for.

Most of your businesses are fronts for your criminal activities and often times you can't do straightforward business without cheating your customers, you sell fake killers medicines are those reasons why people leave to go and be doing

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? / Boko Haram Remote-control Bomb Kills Two Niger Soldiers / We Begged Audu Ogbeh To Join Buhari Administration – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.