Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Why I'm Scared To Get Married - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I'm Scared To Get Married (34064 Views)

I'm Scared To Ask Her For Sex / 'I Caught My Girlfriend Cheating, I'm Scared To Confront Her. She Might Kick Out / A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Prettygirl200(f): 7:29am On May 18, 2023
Kingsley123456:
I will go straight to the point.....
I've not dated a faithful lady since I started dating and I've dated up to 6 different ladies aside from Shop and clean mouth).

My girlfriend which I thought I will at least manage to settle down with was cooking for me 2days ago and I took her phone went straight to WhatsApp and telegram to see chats. One was wooing her and she's responding normally, no iota of restrain in the chats and another was inviting her over and she said, sure, she will come.

I dropped the phone immediately , I was still thinking of where to start with her when I received a call from work and I had to leave, I message her while I was at work and asked her while she's doing all these to me, as usual she claimed they are platonic friends and nothing more.

I blocked her immediately she mention there is nothing wrong in visiting Platonic friends in open places and even at home....

This is isn't the type of woman i want.

That wasn't her first time but she always accuse me of not wanting her to have good male friends.

I'm tired of things like these, I will be 35 by September.

Initially I thought I'm getting older and I should settle down, but, will I ever meet a Woman of my choice?? Someone I can at least trust?? someone who won't be going round visiting Platonic friends, ano wan loseguard, I need a woman in my life but I think I'm giving up......

I don't want to die young...
Lastly Nairalanders

Do I have to look for another relationship again or
Take her back and give her last chance?? Or, concentrate on money making for another 5yr? And forget about getting married,
Pls advice.
I don't just understand what is wrong with Nigerian men,oga you are not married to her that u expect her to be faithful to you. The only lady that should be faithful to you is your wife, na relationship una dey nd the meaning of relationship or dating is getting to know each other. She should remain faithful to you so that at the end of the day u will dump her nd go marry someone else? She's open to any other relationship and any other guy if truely u are ready to marry her den she would cut ties with them u wey dey find faithful woman are u faithful? Weder u marry her or not someone else will marry her. Foolish thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by rhassor(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2023
If you are scared of marriage, it is important to talk to your partner about your fears. They may be able to help you to overcome your fears and to see the positive side of marriage. It is also important to remember that you are not alone. Many people are scared of marriage, but with the right support, you can overcome your fears and build a happy and fulfilling marriage.

Here are some additional tips for overcoming your fear of marriage:

Do your research. Learn as much as you can about marriage and what it entails. This will help you to feel more prepared and less scared.
Talk to your partner about your fears. They may be able to help you to overcome your fears and to see the positive side of marriage.
Seek professional help. If you are struggling to overcome your fears, a therapist can help you to work through your issues and to develop coping mechanisms.
Remember, marriage is a big decision, but it can also be a wonderful thing. With the right preparation and support, you can overcome your fears and build a happy and fulfilling marriage.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by ShaqFu: 8:24am On May 18, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

I believe in gender roles. wink

Thankful you said “help”. Help is the word, not provide. A man provides, a woman supports.
this belief of yours is the very reason why many women stay in abusive marriage/relationships.

First, since you believe in gender roles, lemme ask what you mean by help so I can understand you better. 🙂
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by ShaqFu: 8:25am On May 18, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Nigerian Women/Ladies left the Group Chat😂

The conditions below are the things that will ever make me to marry a Nigerian Lady.

1.She must be Rich.
2.She will be 100% responsible for the Wedding Expenses.
3.She will be responsible for the 80% of the Expenses at home and Subsequent Expenses.
4.Monthly allowance of 500k be paid into my account monthly for my Upkeep.
5.My money is my money and i can spend it how i deem fit but her money is mine and hers.
6.Vacation to any country of my choice Twice in a year and all expense will be covered by her.
7.Court wedding is a must and there will be a clause if i ever caught her cheating. I will file for divorce and 80% of all her Assets will be transferred to me.
either you're dreaming or you must be joking. 😁
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Raalsalghul: 8:34am On May 18, 2023
Evolutionlove:
Another thing most of you Gullible Men/Guys doesn't understand is The Female Gender have gained INDEPENDENCE.

Most of them "Want To Fvck/Are fucking" around too now. They want to enjoy and surpass what you Men have been enjoying for Ages without much Stress.

Many Married Men/Women are actively fvcking around and they are the Grand Patron and Lion Share Holders in this Menace.

Personally i'm not really bothered about all these whole Shiiit. The only thing i feel which is Abnormal is "The Ladies/Women are now enjoying all what you Men have been enjoying and yet they won't spend just a PENNY" It is you Stvpid Men who will still do all the Stress and Pay for all the Expenses.

Small time one Mumu will come out and shout Men are Wise. Which Men??

You think say the Owner of this Forum wey dey Single doesn't know what he is doing despite how Rich he is abi😂

The Lamentation Just dey Start😂

Wise words bro.

Appreciate your insights into so many issues: not quite the herd mentality.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Davytech(m): 8:44am On May 18, 2023
Yes you can. Not all women are the same, I believe someone somewhere around you is admiring you. That someone that would love you genuinely for who you are and not what you have.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by almarthins(m): 8:45am On May 18, 2023
Kingosytex:

A fornicator complaining of being cheated on is just the height of clownery.
I think the only people who's got the right to complain of infidelity are married couples not some group of confused fornicators.

The statement above showed you have taken the place of God. How did you know that he or she is/was a fornicator?

I dated a girl for 1 year no sex, nor did I even require or desire it. Two months into the another she started hopping from one bed to another, so I discovered . A person you repose some sort of trust in. So tell me something, if you were in my shoe, how would you describe it ?
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:06am On May 18, 2023
ShaqFu:
this belief of yours is the very reason why many women stay in abusive marriage/relationships.

First, since you believe in gender roles, lemme ask what you mean by help so I can understand you better. 🙂

How does believing in gender roles cause abusive marriages? Do you know I could believe in gender roles and yet still be a high-value woman? It's just personal values. That doesn't make it wrong neither is your opinion right or wrong. Go for whom you have equal value(s) alignment.

Help = Support. A man is the “provider” (in all ramifications). The woman steps in when he lags. Doesn't make it her responsibility.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by HRMK: 9:14am On May 18, 2023
GO TO YOUR VILLAGE AND GET YOURSELF A RELIABLE LADY WHO YOU CAN BRING UP TO YOUR REQUIRED STANDARD!THAT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION!AVOID CITY LADIES LIKE THE PLAGUE!THEY ARE NOT WIFE MATERIALS!!

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Chinny024(f): 9:18am On May 18, 2023
Kingsley123456:
I've not dated a faithful lady since I started dating and I've dated up to 6 different ladies aside from Shop and clean mouth).

My girlfriend which I thought I will at least manage to settle down with was cooking for me 2days ago and I took her phone went straight to WhatsApp and telegram to see chats. One was wooing her and she's responding normally, no iota of restrain in the chats and another was inviting her over and she said, sure, she will come.

I dropped the phone immediately , I was still thinking of where to start with her when I received a call from work and I had to leave, I message her while I was at work and asked her while she's doing all these to me, as usual she claimed they are platonic friends and nothing more.

I blocked her immediately she mention there is nothing wrong in visiting Platonic friends in open places and even at home....

That wasn't her first time but she always accuse me of not wanting her to have good male friends.

Initially I thought I'm getting older and I should settle down, but, will I ever meet a Woman of my choice?? Someone I can at least trust?? someone who won't be going round visiting Platonic friends, ano wan loseguard, I need a woman in my life but I think I'm giving up......

Lastly Nairalanders

Take her back and give her last chance?? Or, concentrate on money making for another 5yr? And forget about getting married,
Pls advice.

Have you involved God in your search pursuit?

Ask him and he would grand ur heart desires..
Wish you Goodluck!!!..
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by stancod(m): 9:22am On May 18, 2023
Kingsley123456:

Lastly Nairalanders

Pls advice.
bro I know of someone whom you would like but first I really interview you make you no hurt the innocent lady...she is a working class lady and about to graduate (bsc)
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:35am On May 18, 2023
HRMK:
GO TO YOUR VILLAGE AND GET YOURSELF A RELIABLE LADY WHO YOU CAN BRING UP TO YOUR REQUIRED STANDARD!THAT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION!AVOID CITY LADIES LIKE THE PLAGUE!THEY ARE NOT WIFE MATERIALS!!

Oh, when you mean “up to your standard”, do you mean someone you can cower into fear and gaslight without remorse hence the reason you people term it “peace”?

And what exactly is the definition of “wife material” to you? I'm conflicted about this.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by ShaqFu: 10:05am On May 18, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

How does believing in gender roles cause abusive marriages? Do you know I could believe in gender roles and yet still be a high-value woman? It's just personal values. That doesn't make it wrong neither is your opinion right or wrong. Go for whom you have equal value(s) alignment.

Help = Support. A man is the “provider” (in all ramifications). The woman steps in when he lags. Doesn't make it her responsibility.
Of course, most women believe in gender roles, doesn't matter if they're high value or not. A man who provides all and all for a woman doesn't necessarily respect that woman. It's one of the reason infidelity is on rise, on the part of both women and men. This is part of the abuse I'm talking about. Where a woman sits on her ass and do absolutely nothing and expect the man to provide, when he provides, she still fail in utilizing what he provides adequately. I need not tell you about the recent increase in divorce in Nigeria today.

I'm not saying my opinion is right or wrong, I'm just saying from what I've observe in relationships, women who want the man to provide basically have themselves as underdog. They give the man the locus to cheat and do whatever he pleases... After all, "he who pays the piper, dictates the tune", no?
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by GboyegaD(m): 12:14pm On May 18, 2023
Maynmann:

People should not behave in ways that their partner should question their trust.
What you recounter is not actually the type of friendship we are talking about.

Why are you alone with the opposite sex in your house?
What else is going on?

Gists. What else should be going on?
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Ombudsman1: 12:50pm On May 18, 2023
Angelfrost:

Never fallen in love, emotional nitwit! cool

I'LL SCHOOL YOU.

YOU KNOW, JUST CAUSE YOU'RE ONE BITTER SOUL WHO HAS ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED AND WILL CONTINUE TO ENCOUNTER TOXIC, SELFISH PERSONS DOESN'T MEAN PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE DO NOT EXIST.

YOUR PARENTS FELL IN LOVE AND PRODUCED YOU I GUESS THEY QUALIFY AS FOOLS TOO LIKE YOU STATED EARLIER. DO THEY??

LOOK AROUND YOU, PEOPLE ARE HAPPY AND CARED FOR. THEY FOUND THEIR BETTER HALVES. QUIT BELIEVING FALSEHOOD AND BS.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU ATTRACT. YOUR THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS ARE ALIGNED.

YOU MISS THESE GOOD THINGS HAPPENING AROUND YOU, YET YOU SO "EMOTIONLESS", YOU DON'T WANT TO BE VULNERABLE, YOU FEEL YOU ARE THE STRONGER ONE, BUT YOU ARE THE COMPOUND FOOL. IT ONLY GETS MORE AND MORE LONELIER FOR FOLKS FOOLS LIKE YOU cool
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Angelfrost(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2023
Ombudsman1:

I'LL SCHOOL YOU.

YOU KNOW, JUST CAUSE YOU'RE ONE BITTER SOUL WHO HAS ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED AND WILL CONTINUE TO ENCOUNTER TOXIC, SELFISH PERSONS DOESN'T MEAN PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE DO NOT EXIST.

YOUR PARENTS FELL IN LOVE AND PRODUCED YOU I GUESS THEY QUALIFY AS FOOLS TOO LIKE YOU STATED EARLIER. DO THEY??

LOOK AROUND YOU, PEOPLE ARE HAPPY AND CARED FOR. THEY FOUND THEIR BETTER HALVES. QUIT BELIEVING FALSEHOOD AND BS.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU ATTRACT. YOUR THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS ARE ALIGNED.

YOU MISS THESE GOOD THINGS HAPPENING AROUND YOU, YET YOU SO "EMOTIONLESS", YOU DON'T WANT TO BE VULNERABLE, YOU FEEL YOU ARE THE STRONGER ONE, BUT YOU ARE THE COMPOUND FOOL. IT ONLY GETS MORE AND MORE LONELIER FOR FOLKS FOOLS LIKE YOU cool

Bro... Take a deep breath and get off that fake lecture stool! You ain't schooling shit!

Only fools fall in love! It's that simple sir!

It's not even an insult... The meaning of that statement is beyond literal! Do some research, and quit bandying words! grin
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by jattopeter(m): 1:01pm On May 18, 2023
Simple question to you sir , Are you clean , are you 100 faithful in those relations before?
Truth remains , for you to get 100 control over a lady you need to marry her , do the needful.
No matter how you think you are serious with a lady , an average lady always has a little doubt in their hearts . What if he playing me ? Individually , we all had different experiences that tends to control how we reason.
Kingsley123456:

Lastly Nairalanders

Pls advice.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Munzy14(m): 1:04pm On May 18, 2023
Kingsley123456:

Lastly Nairalanders

Pls advice.
Bro, No perfect human.
She is keeping her options open. MOST of them are like that.

Just few will want to keep one person..You sef dey chop and clean mouth, who go marry those ones? To think na anothoer guy serious babe you dey chop..😂😂😂

Women have limited time.

Oga 35 na settlement time..No miss am o.

If she is good to you, go and meet her people.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by jattopeter(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2023
Viver versa , the ladies we claim are spoilt today , who spoil most of them , is it not man. Let us be balancing it.
VandalSavage:
Finding a good wife this generation is like finding a brown needle dropped from a helicopter in Sahara desert 😒

Your only option now is to go and met your parents and tell them they should arrange a wife for you like in the good old days 😉

don't even think about going to churches or offices or libraries in hopes of finding a good lady 😂, all those updates Don cast

Na oloshos full all those places now looking for a stable man to Leach on after living their lives live dogs.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 18, 2023
ShaqFu:
either you're dreaming or you must be joking. 😁

You aren't far from the Truth.

That's me literally telling you it's impossible for me to marry A Broke Nigerian Lady.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 18, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Wise words bro.

Appreciate your insights into so many issues: not quite the herd mentality.

Thanks. I appreciate you always bruh.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 18, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Oh, when you mean “up to your standard”, do you mean someone you can cower into fear and gaslight without remorse hence the reason you people term it “peace”?

And what exactly is the definition of “wife material” to you? I'm conflicted about this.

Stop acting Stewpeed like you don't Understand what he actually Mean.

Sexual Purity is what should be the Standard of Men/Women sexual life.

These days Most People fvcks around like its Nothing. Why me as a Man would stay Chaste and the Partner on the hand is busy Hoeing around keeping her options opened with the Randy Bvstsrds Cumming both in her Mouth and Cum Bucket.

If it's not Responsible & Homely Virgin because some Virgins get K-Leg. No deal.

Men are already Loosers by default in this Rat Race and yet they want to add more Salt to the Injuries. Now i understand why those Muslim Countries were Practicing all sort of Traditional Values then by restricting Women. It is for the benefit for both Men & Women to maintain SANITY & MORALITY in the society.

At least if the Virgin later changed and want to join the street. I will flashback that at least i met her chaste and did my thing before she turned Wild. Then we will end it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 18, 2023
jattopeter:
Viver versa , the ladies we claim are spoilt today , who spoil most of them ,is it not man. Let us be balancing it.

It is what it is.

The painful thing is, It has always being said that.

When the Randy Bvastard Sinners who loves to create Problems here and there are Suffering, The Innocent ones will equally share in the Sufferings too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by hakymbiyiyaho: 2:34pm On May 18, 2023
That is absurd, you are checking your girl friend's phone and you want to be happy. Remember that you too have chopped and clean mouth on many girls who would have been useful for you or other guys out there.

My brother, the response the lady has given on her phone is probably a deceit to those guys or truth. The truth in the sense that she does not have believe in the RELATIONSHIP with you because of your waywardness. Please change your way and talk to the girl for better tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:15pm On May 18, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Stop acting Stewpeed like you don't Understand what he actually Mean.

Sexual Purity is what should be the Standard of Men/Women sexual life.

These days Most People fvcks around like its Nothing. Why me as a Man would stay Chaste and the Partner on the hand is busy Hoeing around keeping her options opened with the Randy Bvstsrds Cumming both in her Mouth and Cum Bucket.

If it's not Responsible & Homely Virgin because some Virgins get K-Leg. No deal.

Men are already Loosers by default in this Rat Race and yet they want to add more Salt to the Injuries. Now i understand why those Muslim Countries were Practicing all sort of Traditional Values then by restricting Women. It is for the benefit for both Men & Women to maintain SANITY & MORALITY in the society.

At least if the Virgin later changed and want to join the street. I will flashback that at least i met her chaste and did my thing before she turned Wild. Then we will end it.

If you don't know how to have a discourse without being salty or distasteful, I'll ignore you. Your first paragraph wasn't necessary. So, why did you do that? I don't appreciate the crassness, so count me out. When you are ready to have a discussion like a grown adult, mention me. I didn't even mention you, so I don't get why you are bickering.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Kingosytex(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2023
almarthins:

The statement above showed you have taken the place of God. How did you know that he or she is/was a fornicator?

I dated a girl for 1 year no sex, nor did I even require or desire it. Two months into the another she started hopping from one bed to another, so I discovered . A person you repose some sort of trust in. So tell me something, if you were in my shoe, how would you describe it ?

I think you didn't get what I meant.
Unmarried people have no right to complain of being cheated on. Only married couples have that right.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Maynmann: 8:05am On May 19, 2023
GboyegaD:

Gists. What else should be going on?
Gists that can only be done alone in your house.
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Maynmann: 8:07am On May 19, 2023
Kingosytex:

I think you didn't get what I meant.
Unmarried people have no right to complain of being cheated on. Only married couples have that right.
That’s where the problem start.
If unmarried people cannot complain about cheating, why then should they complain when they marry? It is too late na
People will ask did you not notice all these before marrying her.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Nobody: 8:42am On May 19, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

If you don't know how to have a discourse without being salty or distasteful, I'll ignore you. Your first paragraph wasn't necessary. So, why did you do that? I don't appreciate the crassness, so count me out. When you are ready to have a discussion like a grown adult, mention me. I didn't even mention you, so I don't get why you are bickering.

Did I made you Angry??
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:41am On May 19, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Did I made you Angry??

You were crass. But, I’m not angry.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Kingosytex(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2023
Maynmann:

That’s where the problem start.
If unmarried people cannot complain about cheating, why then should they complain when they marry? It is too late na
People will ask did you not notice all these before marrying her.

Who do the unmarried cheat if conjugal bliss is meant for the married?
I think you need to differentiate between a wife and a girlfriend... You are mixing up things. cheesy
Re: Why I'm Scared To Get Married by Maynmann: 12:53pm On May 19, 2023
Kingosytex:

Who do the unmarried cheat if conjugal bliss is meant for the married?
I think you need to differentiate between a wife and a girlfriend... You are mixing up things. cheesy
The conjugal bliss is meant to stop promiscuous people from cheating?

The difference between a wife and a girlfriend is marriage certificate, when did marriage stop people from cheating?
You should get things right before it is too late and not wait “conjugal bliss”.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If You Earn N65,000 Monthly, Give Your Girlfriend N50,000 - Nigerian Man Says / What Does A Side Chick Offer That A Main Chick Can't? / You Are To Blame: Ladies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.