Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far (9211 Views)

If You Are A Lady In Your Late 30s And Still Single, Please read This - Opinion / Nigerian Ladies Are Approaching Menopause & No Men To Marry Them - Owerri Lady / I'm Only Attracted To Ladies In Their Late 30s And Early 40s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2023
Prettygirl200:
I just sent u a mail u can reply it if u don't mind
Ok.
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2023
pryme:

The majority of the population are poor, so they raise their kids the best way they could in a no frills manner, meaning no Cartoon Network, no intellectual YouTube channels, no exposure to intelligent content. MOST times the ones that do are from the well to do families. And girls from well to do families have their own circle, they hardly date outside that circle - are you in that circle!?
Remember MOST girls don't date down.

You could as well take what you can get in your own class. But if you are willing to play the long game, put yourself in the top 10% you will have plenty of options to choose from when you are in this position BECAUSE THESE ARE THE MEN MOST WOMEN ARE SEARCHING/WAITING/HOPING FOR.

Just go out more, hang out in cool places.
Don't take yourself too seriously, this will take the pressure off of you starting a conversation.
Always maintain eye contact when talking to a lady.

Be the best version of yourself, you will find it difficult settling for good for nothing women.
I am someone who doesn't care about status, money comes and goes and the importance people put on material possession is too much, yes I work hard to earn a better life for myself and my family, this is the reason why the only thing I dedicate most of my time to is hustling, that is why I have no friends or social life, and I'm not someone who is into so much socializing, so that circle thing isn't me, I just want purpose, someone that'd be my friend, confidant, wife in all, and her personality should compliment mine, but I can't seem to find anyone, that is the problem with me, I don't think this is too much to ask, someone intelligent, interesting, thoughtful, good looking, you mustn't be Beyonce just have good features, I'm not picky and I don't judge people by status or how popular you are, just be on same level with me and be loyal, cuz I don't cheat, cheating is a chore to me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Maybe you’re not that attractive then. But, don’t worry. Every unattractive person will eventually have someone.

As someone said up there, try being casual friends with these girls, you could be lucky and one of such could metamorphose into something beautiful even though I think a man and woman shouldn’t be friends. But, try anyway.

You sound so needy and desperate as well. Be careful there, hence you get used and tossed.
Lol, I'll not share my pic here because I value privacy, but is it by being goodlooking? If you're only interested in someone because of his looks that relationship won't last, na looks you chop? I'm not ugly though, just average.

1 Like

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Prettygirl200(f): 9:47am On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
I am someone who doesn't care about status, money comes and goes and the importance people put on material possession is too much, yes I work hard to earn a better life for myself and my family, this is the reason why the only thing I dedicate most of my time to is hustling, that is why I have no friends or social life, and I'm not someone who is into so much socializing, so that circle thing isn't me, I just want purpose, someone that'd be my friend, confidant, wife in all, and her personality should compliment mine, but I can't seem to find anyone, that is the problem with me, I don't think this is too much to ask, someone intelligent, interesting, thoughtful, good looking, you mustn't be Beyonce just have good features, I'm not picky and I don't judge people by status or how popular you are, just be on same level with me and be loyal, cuz I don't cheat, cheating is a chore to me.
is it that u don't want to reply the mail I sent to you or u actually posted this for cruise? Let me know so I can just forget it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:
The more intelligent you are, the less likely you will experience love and romance. Furthermore, the more intelligent you are in Nigeria, it's even harder. And to be broke and intelligent in Nigeria is a suicide mission.

As a hustling guy, you probably want ladies around 26 downwards, the odds are not in your favor. Girls that age are still going on multiple dates weekly with numerous guys, the fun is too much for the ladies to abandon and settle down with a hustling guy like you.

Sorry for being the carrier of unfavorable news. But there is no point deceiving you with sugary news, you are already suffering.
I get bored easily if someone isn't exposed or intelligent, we can't come and be saying have you eaten everyday, it's so boring, someone that has something to say about any topic, even if she doesn't know the topic very well she can have a meaningful conversation instead of ok, ya, tnx, pls, yap.
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2023
Prettygirl200:
is it that u don't want to reply the mail I sent to you or u actually posted this for cruise? Let me know so I can just forget it.
I replied
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
Lol, I'll not share my pic here because I value privacy, but is it by being goodlooking? If you're only interested in someone because of his looks that relationship won't last, na looks you chop? I'm not ugly though, just average.

You have to pleasing to my eyes at least. If you claim to be average, then I don’t know what may be wrong.

A lady sent you a mail already from this thread, I suppose. You both can take it up from there. Wishing you the very best.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
I am a hardworking guy, I hustle 24/7, I have no social life, few physical friends, some social media friends, I'm intelligent and I'm attracted to intelligent girls too, it's something I find attractive, and I love traveling alot, especially with a romantic partner, I want someone I can hold a meaningful conversation with that won't resort to dumb and monosyllabic responses, I don't think it's too much to ask for a girl that fits this description, my plan was to settle down in my 20s, but I'm almost 30 and unlucky with love, I've tried so many desperate things like messaging so many girls on fb, most of them don't reply, tried dating apps same news, tried setting for less, same stuff, now all I want is something serious, someone to eventually settle down with and I feel the best time to start dating her is now before I clock 30, please I am open to suggestions, what tactics do I need to employ to get a serious girlfriend quickly, all my life I've only dated twice and it's so depressing seeing people with Thier partners and I'm some lonely guy who only cares about work and video games.

For me I think you're still young because I'm 34 years old although I am very comfortable but not yet married.

I will advise that you shouldn't feel desperate, just relax you're a man. The older we get the better we become not women who gets desperate after 27 years old looking for a man to marry.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
I replied
Shine ur eyes oo that girl na those types when dey date like 5-6 guys at the same time. Don't say u weren't warned. U can go through her old posts and topics if ur new here. Good luck 🤞

6 Likes

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Ade1177: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
I am a hardworking guy, I hustle 24/7, I have no social life, few physical friends, some social media friends, I'm intelligent and I'm attracted to intelligent girls too, it's something I find attractive, and I love traveling alot, especially with a romantic partner, I want someone I can hold a meaningful conversation with that won't resort to dumb and monosyllabic responses, I don't think it's too much to ask for a girl that fits this description, my plan was to settle down in my 20s, but I'm almost 30 and unlucky with love, I've tried so many desperate things like messaging so many girls on fb, most of them don't reply, tried dating apps same news, tried setting for less, same stuff, now all I want is something serious, someone to eventually settle down with and I feel the best time to start dating her is now before I clock 30, please I am open to suggestions, what tactics do I need to employ to get a serious girlfriend quickly, all my life I've only dated twice and it's so depressing seeing people with Thier partners and I'm some lonely guy who only cares about work and video games.

My only advice is

don't be desperate and beg a lady to marry you

Or show her you love her too much and all you want is marriage

You will regret it

Wait even if it takes another 5YRS to find a lady that sees you as a small god and adores you

And when she begs you to settle down consider it if you can tolerate her when you no longer love her

Marriage is not what it looks like when you are single looking at it from outside

Remember your mind is different from a ladies mind
We don't think the same

Only married men who married a lady that just agreed to marry out of pressure will advice you better

As a man At 40 you are still young

4 Likes

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Ade1177:

My only advice is

don't be desperate and beg a lady to marry you

Or show her you love her too much and all you want is marriage

You will regret it

Wait even if it takes another 5YRS to find a lady that sees you as a small god and adores you

And when she begs you to settle down consider it if you can tolerate her when you no longer love her

Marriage is not what it looks like when you are single looking at it from outside

Remember your mind is different from a ladies mind
We don't think the same

Only married men who married a lady that just agreed to marry out of pressure will advice you better

As a man At 40 you are still young
Thanks for the advice, I am aware of all that, and I'm aware that desperate people make big mistakes, I'd not get married to someone that doesn't feel the same about me though, I have seen how disastrous that could be on the long run.
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by pryme(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:

You may think what are you are looking for is not too much, but when you realize that this world is a fuucked up place, and every body is trying hard to escape hardship and poverty, you will soon realize what you are looking for is actually rare.
And in finding what is rare requires due diligence and patience.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2023
Runnerzz:

Shine ur eyes oo that girl na those types when dey date like 5-6 guys at the same time. Don't say u weren't warned. U can go through her old posts and topics if ur new here. Good luck 🤞
Lol for real?
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2023
Opurumiri:

I find it strange that you can't meet girls online. For me I think you're still young because I'm 34 years old although I am very very comfortable but not yet married. I actually meet alot of ladies on Facebook and IG. Recently I just met a very beautiful lady online who came all the way from Lagos to Portharcourt to see me. I think I may just settle down with her.

I will advise that you shouldn't feel desperate, just relax you're a man. The older we get the better we become not women who gets desperate after 27 years old looking for a man to marry.
They won't even reply dms, making me think something is wrong with me, I don give up on that sha, life goes on.

1 Like

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

You have to pleasing to my eyes at least. If you claim to be average, then I don’t know what may be wrong.

A lady sent you a mail already from this thread, I suppose. You both can take it up from there. Wishing you the very best.
Yea, I'm hoping it ends well too, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Geovanni412(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:

My father told me this:

Love is a misunderstanding between two fools

When it comes to relationships, know when to sound logical and when to ignore BS and just flow

There is a reason 'mumu' boys get lots of girls - they are free spirited.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

My father told me this:

Love is a misunderstanding between two fools

When it comes to relationships, know when to sound logical and when to ignore BS and just flow

There is a reason 'mumu' boys get lots of girls - they are free spirited.
So you're endorsing the irresponsible and careless personality? The world has gone to sh!t.

1 Like

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
pryme:

You may think what are you are looking for is not too much, but when you realize that this world is a fuucked up place, and every body is trying hard to escape hardship and poverty, you will soon realize what you are looking for is actually rare.
And in finding what is rare requires due diligence and patience.
So make do with anything you see? You do realize it's not a relationship I want? It's something permanent, for life, wouldn't want to be stuck with misery forever na, marry headache then stay with her forever, I'd rather remain single.
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Geovanni412(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
So you're endorsing the irresponsible and careless personality? The world has gone to sh!t.

Try and relax a bit

Even the most logical women say the most crazy stuff when they get emotional

Imagine putting up a house worth 100m naira as collateral for your wife to go on pilgrimage to Israel

And the only message your wife tells the kids is that their father is the one who caused the stress that made her get breast cancer

I loved my late mum and she was quite a brilliant lawyer but does that sound logical to you, as a man?

With women, do your best but always give them the road to leave if they want...

They will stay if they know you are willing to let them go

They will go if they know you will do anything to make them stay

If you are looking for a partner that will be logical 90% of the time, you might as well go and get an intimacy gadget or live on an Island.

11 Likes

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by AfahaAbia(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
Opurumiri:

For me I think you're still young because I'm 34 years old although I am very very comfortable but not yet married.

I will advise that you shouldn't feel desperate, just relax you're a man. The older we get the better we becomeñ not women who gets desperate after 27 years old looking for a man to marry.
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by udede(m): 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:
The more intelligent you are, the less likely you will experience love and romance. Furthermore, the more intelligent you are in Nigeria, it's even harder. And to be broke and intelligent in Nigeria is a suicide mission.

As a hustling guy, you probably want ladies around 26 downwards, the odds are not in your favor. Girls that age are still going on multiple dates weekly with numerous guys, the fun is too much for the ladies to abandon and settle down with a hustling guy like you.

You'll have to go for women your age, so 30 upwards, they should have been done with their fun and ready to settle down, or wait for the ones you're chasing to grow older, fatter, and ready to appreciate you.

Sorry for being the carrier of unfavorable news. But there is no point deceiving you with sugary news, you are already suffering.
you said it all
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by pryme(m): 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
So make do with anything you see? You do realize it's not a relationship I want? It's something permanent, for life, wouldn't want to be stuck with misery forever na, marry headache then stay with her forever, I'd rather remain single.

Thats the question you should be asking yourself, I for one will rather die single than marry a headache, regardless of what ever peer pressure. Its losers thats do things just because everyone is doing it.
But what if you dont find the kind of woman that will give you peace and make you a better person? will you settle for less?

Know this,
it goes both ways,
just as you want a woman that has certain qualities, DO YOU HAVE THE QUALITIES THAT WILL KEEP SUCH A WOMAN?
This part is what alot of people overlook.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

Try and relax a bit

Even the most logical women say the most crazy stuff when they get emotional

Imagine putting up a house worth 100m naira as collateral for your wife to go on pilgrimage to Israel

And the only message your wife tells the kids is that their father is the one who caused the stress that made her get breast cancer

I loved my late mum and she was quite a brilliant lawyer but does that sound logical to you, as a man?

With women, do your best but always give them the road to leave if they want...

They will stay if they know you are willing to let them go

They will go if they know you will do anything to make them stay

If you are looking for logical, thinking partner 90% of the time, you might as well go and get an intimacy gadget or live on an Island.

At the peak of my desperate attempt to find something meaningful with a girl I have even considered shallow girls who obsess over iphone and human hair, that was me back then, I still very much want to settle down but I'm not going to settle for less just because I want something meaningful anymore, you see all the playboy lifestyle? I can live that life comfortably without stress, once there's money there's always a hookup girl you can lay with every night, but after the sex and hookup, she leaves and the emptiness creeps in, you slept with a stranger you know nothing about, I know how cheap girls are, but what I am looking for is something meaningful and I know such girls are rare, but marriage is a lifetime commitment, I can't be with anything I see just because she's female and I want something serious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Jayrockk: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by pryme(m): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jayrockk:

Who ever created this post does not know what women are capable of to get the top 10% of men. The wrong ones ALWAYS waltz in, it takes a wise man to push them out.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
pryme:

Thats the question you should be asking yourself, I for one will rather die single than marry a headache, regardless of what ever peer pressure. Its losers thats do things just because everyone is doing it.
But what if you dont find the kind of woman that will give you peace and make you a better person? will you settle for less?

Know this,
it goes both ways,
just as you want a woman that has certain qualities, DO YOU HAVE THE QUALITIES THAT WILL KEEP SUCH A WOMAN?
This part is what alot of people overlook.
I do have the qualities, most girls in Thier 20s feel there's alot of time for them and they cheat and date multiple guys at once, this is something I am very much aware of and dread, inasmuch as I want to get married before 30, it doesn't mean I am doing it for peer pressure or copying someone, it's not a do or die affair too, you can go if you want to, but at this stage in my life any relationship I enter would be something serious and long term because this is what I need in my life rn, hope you grab, it's not a sense of duty, pressure or obligation that is pushing me, it's the will to have something meaningful with someone and we will grow together and understand each other before making any commitment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by pryme(m): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
I do have the qualities, most girls in Thier 20s feel there's alot of time for them and they cheat and date multiple guys at once, this is something I am very much aware of and dread, inasmuch as I want to get married before 30, it doesn't mean I am doing it for peer pressure or copying someone, it's not a do or die affair too, you can go if you want to, but at this stage in my life any relationship I enter would be something serious and long term because this is what I need in my life rn, hope you grab, it's not a sense of duty, pressure or obligation that is pushing me, it's the will to have something meaningful with someone and we will grow together and understand each other before making any commitment.

then know this, its normal to not easily find your kind of woman, cos the world is filled with terrible human beings.
Just know it may take time.
Also...
She is out there.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
pryme:

then know this, its normal to not easily find your kind of woman, cos the world is filled with terrible human beings.
Just know it may take time.
Also...
She is out there.

Good luck.
thanks
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hustle more , it's not enough. Ladies literally flock around men that hustle. Well according Nl men sha.

1 Like

Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Geovanni412(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lexzeey:
At the peak of my desperate attempt to find something meaningful with a girl I have even considered shallow girls who obsess over iphone and human hair, that was me back then, I still very much want to settle down but I'm not going to settle for less just because I want something meaningful anymore, you see all the playboy lifestyle? I can live that life comfortably without stress, once there's money there's always a hookup girl you can lay with every night, but after the sex and hookup, she leaves and the emptiness creeps in, you slept with a stranger you know nothing about, I know how cheap girls are, but what I am looking for is something meaningful and I know such girls are rare, but marriage is a lifetime commitment, I can't be with anything I see just because she's female and I want something serious.

Find gees wey dey your area and relax

Which side for naija u dey?
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

Find gees wey dey your area and relax

Which side for naija u dey?

abj
Re: I'm Approaching My 30s And I'm Looking For Something Serious But No Luck So Far by Lexzeey: 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
Persephone1:
Hustle more , it's not enough. Ladies literally flock around men that hustle. Well according Nl men sha.
Then they'll like u because you have money, when money no dey again they'll japa, If it's about money I'll only looking for sex partner not someone to get married to, I can't marry someone who is drawn to my money, I rather die single please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Met And Brokeup With My Beautiful Edo Girlfriend. / Don't Stress Your Eyes Because You Won't See Anything" Pantless Babe Twerks Hot! / My First Love Came Back! I Need Advise (please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.