Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most (17560 Views)

How Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men – Lady Explains / Igbo Women: The Smartest Black Women And World Most Beautiful / Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by FalseProphet1(m): 1:30am On Aug 08, 2023
Amarisco:
In this world, not any spiritual realm, & according to census data, there is a roughly equal spread of men and women.

fact

Maybe decent/valuable men are scarce, but I don’t have the data on that.
You still don't get it do you?

The roughly equal spread of men to women isn't the issue here.

The issue is that more than 60% of the men in that equal spread are not ready for marriage. So let's say that they make money at 37 and get married at 38, they'll choose someone in her 20s to marry. This in return would mean that their female counterparts within their age bracket would remain single cos they couldn't marry them in their prime due to lack of money.

This is one of the major reasons why we have so many unmarried ladies in their 30s and above today. The men who should marry them are still hussling for money. And when they eventually make that money, they'll go for girls in their 20s leaving this ones single and lonely.

14 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Amarisco(f): 1:59am On Aug 08, 2023
FalseProphet1:

The issue is that more than 60% of the men in that equal spread are not ready for marriage. So let's say that they make money at 37 and get married at 38, they'll choose someone in her 20s to marry. This in return would mean that their female counterparts within their age bracket would remain single cos they couldn't marry them in their prime due to lack of money.

This is one of the major reasons why we have so many unmarried ladies in their 30s and above today. The men who should marry them are still hussling for money. And when they eventually make that money, they'll go for girls in their 20s leaving this ones single and lonely.

This you have seen 🤩

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by pansophist(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2023
Amarisco:

Your points are valid, hypothetically. But factually according to recorded data, the difference in gender distribution is merely about 0.5-1%.

Even in our country Nigeria… so let’s not exaggerate

If falseprophet1, a whole man of god correct correct you and you refuse, who I'm I?

Aunty if you even tell me now say 1 + 1 = 5, I'll nod my head like a lizard and say you're right.

cool

10 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by atheistandproud(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Basic common sense

16 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by zed7: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
Amarisco:

In this world, not any spiritual realm, & according to census data, there is a roughly equal spread of men and women.

fact

World population actually says men are 50.4% and women are about 49.6%. Statistically, there are more men than women.

In terms of marriage and dating, eligible men are a small fraction compared to women. That's why many old women are unmarried. Like the topic says, polygamy was designed to cater for these women. One wealthy man can take 10 women off the 'streets'. That's exactly what Solomon did in the bible.

Now that polygamy is frowned upon, the number of old, frustrated and unmarried women has tripled far more than our grandparents generation. It's even going to get worse in a few years. Hook up, feminism and lesbianism is eventually going to be the female species undoing.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by GodHatesBigots(m): 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
I am going to marry 3 wives. I love POLYGAMY.

2 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by GodHatesBigots(m): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
zed7:

World population actually says men are 50.4% and women are about 49.6%. Statistically, there are more men than women.

In terms of marriage and dating, eligible men are a small fraction compared to women. That's why many old women are unmarried. Like the topic says, polygamy was designed to cater for these women. One wealthy man can take 10 women off the 'streets'. That's exactly what Solomon did in the bible.

Now that polygamy is frowned upon, the number if old, frustrated and unmarried women has tripled far more than our grandparents generation. It's even going to get worse in a few years. Hook up, feminism and lesbianism is eventually going to be the female species undoing.

True.

But WHITE JESUS BRAINWASHED FANATICS SAY IT IS WRONG.
Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Silva79(f): 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2023
Most of the people against it are children whose mum was either 2nd or 3rd wife. If not for polygamy most of them won't exist

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by ivolt: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2023
FalseProphet1:

So how come hundreds of ladies are always disturbing me in my spiritual center and other spiritual centers and churches for prayers concerning a husband.

[b]Whether you choose to believe it or not, the ratio of eligible men to available women is very low. [/b]Because there are millions of men in their 30s who don't have jobs, so they're not even thinking about marriage. Whereas their female counterparts are there waiting for husbands.

This means that for every 10 available women, there's only one eligible man. So they'll have to fight for him, and even if he married one out of the 10, he'll still be able to continue having affairs with the remaining 9, because there's a serious shortage of eligible men to marry them.

That's the reality on ground.

This I have seen.
Truly the population difference belief is totally a myth.
You are confusing financially stable men with men in general.
Men and women are equal in population ratio.
Those women disturbing you aren't looking for jobless and penniless men for marriage.
No woman will be single if they don't have financial standards for the men they want.

5 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Acidosis(m): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2023
One of the main issues with this post is that the poor are the ones most attracted to polygamy. So, how do we reconcile this reality with the content of your post?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Oblongata: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
In as much as this post makes sense, its not practical!

You are going to marry a barren woman, plus woman that have children, etc. Get ready to be poisoned...

One woman sef is too much!

Anything apart from your wife na girlfriend, opari!

2 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by TOMMYS: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2023
pansophist:

No, we are not roughly evenly distributed. It is not true and has never been true.

Ok, I will put it this way. The realities of men make an unequal availability of marriageable men compared to women. Depending on the society, a woman is pretty much available to marry at 18 years old.

It is not the same for men. For example, lots of Ukrainian widows have emerged whose husbands had died in the war, over 300k Ukrainian men died just within the last 17 months of this ongoing war.

And that's just war. Prisons, work death, low-value men, etc are all in the mix of the few available men, so how will all these women get married? In the West, they can just adopt and depend on social benefits, but the west is less than 15% of the global population.

So no, societal stability is burdened on men, and in many cases, men's lives are sacrificed for it. So there will always be a surplus of more women than men who wants to marry.

It is from this angle that Islam for example permitted polygamy, not for evanescent reasons.

300k men. For Ukraine. Naso the brotherly war serious reach?. We no go fight Niger o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Worriedwife: 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
pansophist:

Nope, polygamy should not and can not be for poor men.

Anyways, no woman will agree to be the second wife of a poor man, so no point discussing that, it is not gonna happen. It is like banning a cow from flying when in reality, it can't actually fly. grin

There are poor men with two wives. You think life ends in the city.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by cococandy(f): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
Y’all deserve whatever the women you mistreat do to you 😴

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by phemmyfour: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
talented321:
Without polygamy many women will not marry'' even now sef single women and single mothers don cover everywhere.
Truth about the matter is monogamy can't work in nigeria and many men who live with one woman has many side chicks'' unlike a man who is married with two or three wives and don't have side chicken.
Polygamy or not....Those that will be promiscuous will be and those that will remain single will be.

Let people be. Polygamy breathe hatred and disunity more when compared to monogamy

5 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by MoneySavannah: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
Still researching
Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Saccharine: 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
Lol, will always be a man telling women what's good and beneficial for them. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by olorundipe9090: 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
I would have love to give you one bottle of Beer ... prison standard

talented321:
Without polygamy many women will not marry'' even now sef single women and single mothers don cover everywhere.
Truth about the matter is monogamy can't work in nigeria and many men who live with one woman has many side chicks'' unlike a man who is married with two or three wives and don't have side chicken.
Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by siofra(f): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
koladata:
pansophist i don't really think polygamy should be for only rich men or highly valued men if well planned, if both women are working in a case of 2 women to one man, they can both save three times faster to take care of their family. But all these pastors are coming for your head, Brace for impact bro.

Broke goats want to practice polygamy too😹😹😹

Wonders will never end.

Polygamy is NOT for poor men please.

In those days when men were marrying plenty wives, there were lots of broke men who couldn't marry and were sent off to go die in war.

You people should better be grateful to monogamy for affording broke men wives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by cococandy(f): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
By undoing you mean not being married. Right ? Because I know that to you guys, that’s the worst thing that can happen to a woman. And when you see women who tell you they are happily single, it shatters your mind. You just can’t believe there are women whose existence do not center around finding and keeping a man. How confusing that must be

zed7:

Now that polygamy is frowned upon, the number if old, frustrated and unmarried women has tripled far more than our grandparents generation. It's even going to get worse in a few years. Hook up, feminism and lesbianism is eventually going to be the female species undoing.

8 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by jeff1607(m): 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
Sweetvie:
You didn't talk about the jealousy and competition among the wives?
For me, polygamy is only good for a barren woman coz she has nothing to risk or lose.
It reduce life and marital satisfaction.

Moreover, polygamy is very expensive

In monogamy, a normal or average thinking wife is always jealous of an imaginary woman out there.

5 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by cococandy(f): 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2023
Saccharine:
Lol, will always be a man telling women what's good and beneficial for them. cheesy

Always

2 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by kkins25(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
Convincing argument. A little twits, marry busexuals. 🙂🙂🙂
Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Zooposki(f): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
talented321:

zed7:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by emmaodet: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Acidosis:

One of the main issues with this post is that the poor are the ones most attracted to polygamy. So, how do we reconcile this reality with the content of your post?

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Ofodirinwa: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
Polygamy is idiotic and only unmarried men talk about it. Once you marry your head will shift. They think marriage is having sex up and down lol.

Marriage is about having a caring for children. If you have 3 wives and they have 3 children, who will you pay attention to and educate 9 children? What you do for those 9 children you could have done 3x more for 3 children. It's juvenile exubrance that makes a young man talk about polygamy.

8 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Sheriman(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Properties if the man is rich
Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by Weathered: 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
Amarisco:

I give this 80% 🤭

1a… na. this is an urban myth. We are roughly evenly distributed

1b… half mark. sleeping around and having multiple wives is fundamentally different. But yes, the women lose out
stop trying to console yourself, male and female are not roughly distributed . There are more women than men

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by complexstuffs(m): 5:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
1.b is not completely true. There is a huge difference between a concubine and a wife because 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives are all legal wives while the concubines are adultery.
Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by meobizy(f): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
We are theoretically two hundred and sixteen million humans in a country fit for quadruple times less than the figure. If polygamy becomes legal (which it sure is in the present Nigerian law), na continued poverty get our great grandchildren. Why can’t we set a good example by pushing short term pleasure aside? Life is not all about sex. Children are not gifts from God. Humans need resources to survive, which our country has not learned to harness nor produce. Una wey dey type in support no get forms of employment to begin with.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by TheAlchemist: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
My father told me his life regret was disobeying the instruction his father gave him which was never to marry a second wife.

5 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most by beejay85: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Amarisco:

fact

I will speak from the lens of my present location and reality...
Relaxing with two friends...a male and female.
We are all married and we just joked about it less than an hour ago ...
We all have 3 children in our respective families.. all GIRLS grin grin
We aren't bothered about it but the reality persists- In Nigeria the female percentile is higher than the male..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Outlived My Penis - Charly Boy Shares A Poem By Willie Nelson / No Guy Can Leave A Girl With This Nyash PHOTOS / "Every Man Needs A Materialistic Woman In His Life" Man Says And Gets Of Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.