Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? (17183 Views)

Why Do People Hate Jews? / Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2011
toba:

how? what can u say about an atheist on Nl who told me to meet him at a certain place in order for him to use his IPhone to prove to me the non existence of a God? u didnt answer my question regarding atheists thinking rightly u know?

lol, who told you to do that?! You wouldn't be making stuff up now, would you?? The only challenge I've seen like that was when Alexleo promised that his god would blind some atheists in order to finally prove himself. Of course, god never came out of witness protection to make good on the threat from one of his loyal sheep.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2011
Martian:

lol, who told you to do that?!
an atheist on Nl. his handle starts with T and ends with M. enogh said. so is that a confirmation that atheists think rightly?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2011
toba:

how?  what can u say about an atheist on Nl who told me to meet him at a certain place in order for him to use his IPhone to prove to me the non existence of a God? u didnt answer my question regarding atheists thinking rightly u know?
I can't answer your questions because you have been following what transpired of the whole thing. The basic reason you are not willing to see beyond creation and asking me question about Athiests on Nairaland is what you are here on then, you are not getting anything from me.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2011
toba:

an atheist on Nl. his handle starts with T and ends with M. enogh said. so is that a confirmation that atheists think rightly?
Did you just say that to make fun?My friend, it is meaningless!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2011
all4naija:

Did you just say that to make fun?My friend, it is meaningless!
i actually asked u if u believe atheists think rightly but u ve failed to answer yet u came up with another rhetoric. what a nice logic.

his NL handle is Teslim. i quoted his posts for reference. till date hes yet to show up to back up his claims even though i offered to pay the bills of our outing
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by thehomer: 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2011
frosbel:
^

Not intended to convey that meaning.

But coming back to your earlier post below :

I have not heard of any country or society or institution that has decided to ban any of the books you mentioned !

The Quran is a book soaked in BLOOD, how come it has never had to undergo the same stigmatisation that the BIBLE has had to endure for over a millenium

You may want to see here and here. Though I suspect that you hate the Qur'an.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by pkv(m): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2011
Mayb is because d bible does'nt describe paradise as a place where most of d deviants posting here wuld spend d best part of eternity with 77 wives with hooters d size of pumpkins and v-boot bumbum.my prayer 4 d cretins who try 2 question God's ways is dat jesus in his infinite mercy shuld 4giv dem cos the dont kno wat they do.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2011
The subjective tone of the topic is misleading! The original poster is not just being sincere with his views!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
all4naija:

I can't answer your questions because you have being following what trnaspire of the whole thing.
No i dont think i did beyond the first page. why dont u let us start our own debate on this 5th page for me to point out some things to u?

The basic reason you are not willing to see beyond creation
how do u know the side i support between evolution and creation? we havent had any debate on this have we?

and asking me question about Athiests on Nairaland is what you are here on then, you are not getting anything from me.
The question came up all because of your comment about the christian(s) and i just want u to clarify your statement to ensure u balance things up. I see no big deal in that
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2011
toba:

I don't know exactly what type of meth Teslim was smoking but you're right, he wasn't thinking straight. He can't prove that god doesn't exist because the only person that should provide proof is the person that says he exists.
So one misguided atheist who tried to disprove your god with an iPhone is the reason atheists in general do not think straight?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2011
all4naija:

The subjective tone of the topic is misleading! The original poster is not just being sincere with his views!
this is another subjective view. Lets leave sincerity issue aside and address thw question of  'why'
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
toba:

this is another subjective view. Lets leave sincerity issue aside and address thw question of  'why'

Nobody hates your precious little book. Maybe your rivals, the muslims do, but nobody else hates your book. Some people just find it preposterous and find it funny that you people take it literally.

Imagine someone taking the old Nigerian folklores about the tortoise literally. That's how non christians, atheists, apatheists, polyatheists, etc view you guys but they don't hate your book.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2011
Martian:

I don't know exactly what type of meth Teslim was smoking but you're right, he wasn't thinking straight.
You said it and not me cheesy
He can't prove that god doesn't exist because the only person that should provide proof is the person that says he exists.
hmm hmm no way. May be prior to now that kind of logic is acceptable but definitely not to me. Everyone that makes an assertion must be ready to back same up with empirical evidence. if an atheist tells me that for sure or to some extent he believes that the christian God is a non entity, such one should tell me whether its science or just his/her logic that brought out such conclusion

So one misguided atheist who tried to disprove your god with an iPhone is the reason atheists in general do not think straight?
How have i generalised this statement directly on this thread? hope u realise that im responding to what all4naija said about xtians and asked him a question which hes yet to answer. BTW i can still cite other examples u know?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by one9jeria: 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2011
gentlemen we dont achieve any point by insulting one another. If u justify ur claim by quoting ur sweet bible another will justify by quoting his sweet koran and there will b a culdesac. The point is there is unquestionably the greatest story in the world. The birth and death of jesus. It split date into two because the protagonist of this story lives on. And his teaching are found in the bible. 2. No content of any religious book is bad but the bible is greatert b:cos A. Its stories are ever timely and verified by archeologist b. It recieved the heaviert attack c. Jeesus lives on. Proove me wrong
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 15, 2011
toba:

You said it and not me cheesy hmm hmm no way. May be prior to know that kind of logic is acceptable but definitely not to me. Everyone that makes an assertion must be ready to back same up with empirical evidence. if an atheist tells me that for sure or to some extent he believe that the christian God is a non entity, such one should tell me whether its science or just his/her logic that brought out such conclusion How have i generalised this statement directly on this thread? hope u realise that im responding to what all4naija said about xtians and asked him a question which hes yet to answer. BTW i can still cite other examples u know?

Yes, I said it. It's basic common sense, the person making the claim bears the burden of proof. You have to provide objective evidence that a neutral and reasonable person would accept as proof of your god. This is like beating a dead horse but if I came to you and told you I have an invicible body guard, you would ask me to prove it. If I said no; that you should disprove my unsubstantiated claim, then you would be well within your rights to call me crazy. So, if I tell you with absolute certainty that my invisible body guard is real and i asked you to prove he is a non entity, what kind of science and logic would bring you to the conclusion that my body guard isn't real?? Riddle me that.

About your generalisation of atheists based on monsieur Teslim's misguided challenge.
toba:

wow this is quite amazing. do u care to expatiate as regard the emphasised words? Do u believe that atheists can think rightly?

toba:

toba:

i actually asked u if u believe atheists  think rightly but u ve failed to answer yet u came up with another rhetoric. what a nice logic.
his NL handle is Teslim. i quoted his posts for reference. till date hes yet to show up to back up his claims even though i offered to pay the bills of our outing

Three times. Three times, just like peter denied "god" three times in your favourite fairy tale. lol, how come peter saw jesus do all these miracles but was still actinig like a little b#tch. I don't know about you, but if I was part of the entourage of a "god", I wouldn't be scared of no freaking romans.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by one9jeria: 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2011
gentlemen we dont achieve any point by insulting one another. If u justify ur claim by quoting ur sweet bible another will justify by quoting his sweet koran and there will b a culdesac. The point is there is unquestionably the greatest story in the world. The birth and death of jesus. It split date into two because the protagonist of this story lives on. And his teaching are found in the bible. 2. No content of any religious book is bad but the bible is greatert b:cos A. Its stories are ever timely and verified by archeologist b. It recieved the heaviert attack c. Jeesus lives on. Proove me wrong
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2011
@one9jeria

Can you give me an actual archeological evidence of Jesus Christ? Not one of those shenanigans found in every country yet the story behind it is different.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 16, 2011
one9jeria:

gentlemen we dont achieve any point by insulting one another. If u justify your claim by quoting your sweet bible another will justify by quoting his sweet koran and there will b a culdesac. The point is there is unquestionably the greatest story in the world. The birth and death of jesus. It split date into two because the protagonist of this story lives on. And his teaching are found in the bible. 2. No content of any religious book is bad but the bible is greatert b:cos A. Its stories are ever timely and verified by archeologist b. It recieved the heaviert attack c. Jeesus lives on. Proove me wrong

Who let the dogs out?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 16, 2011
@Toba

If you believe that the creation epic and its accompanying talking serpent is true, then I think you will be interested in the story about how the tortoise got it's uneven shell. It happened during "biblical times" so it's probably true. Afterall, during those wonderful biblical times, giants existed, humans turned into salt, humans split the red sea, humans walked on water, humans rode fiery chariots straight into the sky (MYTHICAL UTOPIA A.K.A HEAVEN), bushes on fire weren't really on fire, those burning bushes could talk, god took strolls and watched his n@ked humans in the garden, and a 600 year old guy ran a floating zoo for six months. So anything was possible.
Maybe you won't believe it because it's not carefully packaged in a holy book. I mean if the jews were talking to donkeys, tortoises were probably talking and scheming in west africa too. Or is it only jewish tales that are true?
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by mazaje(m): 12:54am On Oct 16, 2011
Martian:

@Toba

If you believe that the creation epic and its accompanying talking serpent is true, then I think you will be interested in the story about how the tortoise got it's uneven shell. It happened during "biblical times" so it's probably true. Afterall, during those wonderful biblical times, giants existed, humans turned into salt, humans split the red sea, humans walked on water, humans rode fiery chariots straight into the sky (MYTHICAL UTOPIA A.K.A HEAVEN), bushes on fire weren't really on fire, those burning bushes could talk, god took strolls and watched his n@ked humans in the garden, and a 600 year old guy ran a floating zoo for six months. So anything was possible.
Maybe you won't believe it because it's not carefully packaged in a holy book. I mean if the jews were talking to donkeys, tortoises were probably talking and scheming in west africa too. Or is it only jewish tales that are true?

I tire ohhhh
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by HISchild: 1:22am On Oct 16, 2011
@fros, true, by nature all mankind is sinful and carnally minded before being given eternal life by The Lord JESUS CHRIST & regenerated by The HOLY SPIRIT, and of course, GOD is holy,

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.”- Rom 8:6-7
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 3:50am On Oct 16, 2011
toba:

i actually asked u if u believe atheists think rightly but u ve failed to answer yet u came up with another rhetoric. what a nice logic.

My friend, do us a favor and give us a break with this I-Phone nonsense talk, okay? I still remember the day you mentioned this same issue in a debate and i was like, WTF! ! ! The whole thing sounds childish and manipulative. First of all, why on earth would you want to meet someone at The Palms all because you want to prove to him that your god exists and on top of that, you offered to pay his "bills"? What's that? I don't really know what Teslim was thinking when he said that (i wasn't there) but something tells me the message he's trying to get across to you is that SCIENCE designed your I-Phone (together wilth everything that encompasses your entire life) and not some imaginary god. He doesn't need to meet your bill-paying-god-loving-self anywhere. He could have easily said that here. In between, the way you were ranting and daring him to come out into the open on this forum is enough to inform even a daft that you had more sinister intentions than a mere debate.
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 4:16am On Oct 16, 2011
@onejeria
gentlemen we dont achieve any point by insulting one another.

Tell that to your fellow Christian who opened this thread and keeps attacking Non-Christians as if his life depends on it.

If u justify your claim by quoting your sweet bible another will justify by quoting his sweet koran and there will b a culdesac. The point is there is unquestionably the greatest story in the world.

There is one thing I'm yet to understand about religious folks and it's their hypocrisy and shallow mindedness. You come in here like some unbiased abitrar and by your second sentence, you've already poured more gas into the flames. ARE YOU A REETARD? Did you read through the thread before commenting? Is this a debate between Moslems and Christians? If you had taken just a minute to read (or skim) through, you would have noticed that it's more of a Christian VS Non-religious people's thread. How many Moslems have commented on this thread? The greatest story in the world? How would you know that? Perhaps it's because of this "in your face" attitude that Christians get slaughtered all the time in the Northern part of the country.

The birth and death of jesus. It split date into two because the protagonist of this story lives on. And his teaching are found in the bible. 2. No content of any religious book is bad but the bible is greatert b:cos A. Its stories are ever timely and verified by archeologist b. It recieved the heaviert attack c. Jeesus lives on. Proove me wrong

You are indeed more dense than i thought. Your skull is more thicker than the Armour plating on a battle tank! Gosh! Such reetards! No content of the bible is bad and yet, there is hardly any chapter in the old testament without something bad happening to somebody. The stories have been verified by Archaeologists? Is that so? Give me ONE tomb of any biblical character (from Genesis to Revelation) that has been uncovered. Second, why is that the people in Israel reject the concept of Jesus even though the biblical story depicts him as being from there?

Reetards! ! !
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 4:22am On Oct 16, 2011
Martian:

@Toba

This comment is priceless! ! !

grin grin cool
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 4:30am On Oct 16, 2011
pkv:

Mayb is because d bible does'nt describe paradise as a place where most of d deviants posting here wuld spend d best part of eternity with 77 wives with hooters d size of pumpkins and v-boot bumbum.my prayer 4 d cretins who try 2 question God's ways is dat jesus in his infinite mercy shuld 4giv dem cos the dont kno wat they do.

Deviants? How many posts from moslems did you see on this thread? Are you people always this dense in the real world or does your brain simply shut down when it comes to religious matters? If you are this annoyingly reetarded in the real world, then i won't raise an eyebrow again when i hear of Christians being slaughtered in the North. Perhaps there is something you guys are doing to provoke them e.g your "i-don't-give-a-damn-what-you-think attitude" ! ! !
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by harakiri(m): 4:36am On Oct 16, 2011
erayo2GCA:

Any one who do not believe in God and his only begotten son Jesus Christ, is condemned already on earth, 

why is it that this so call alfa or alpha those muslim whatever, are always doing charms and black magic all round lagos.

Mr Reetarded 2012.

Nigeria is now officially the most religious country in the world (according to BBC) and nobody knows Jesus as much as we do. How has this affected the lives of suffering Nigerians who have been condemned to hardship from the day they were born? Look all around you. Poverty is eating the country like a cancer and yet you're here talking rubbish.

Why is that even well-read people turn into reetards when it comes to religion? I see some comments sometimes and i wonder. . .
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 16, 2011
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, where is ogaga? Looking for more quotes to plagiarize?  grin
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Enigma(m): 6:12am On Oct 16, 2011
Worth repeating.  smiley

From http://www.truefreethinker.com/articles/flying-spaghetti-monster-invisible-pink-unicorns-et-al-part-1-4

Many atheists exhibit a lack of knowledge of the very theism against which they most often, if not exclusively, argue - the Bible's Judeo-Christianity. Worse yet, they think that they are well versed by claiming that they were "raised Christian" (whatever that means), "went to Sunday School," "was an altar boy," "saw the movie (hyperbole intended)," etc.

I am not one to claim that you must be a theologian to speak on, or against, Christianity nor a scholar to speak on, or against, the Bible. That is to be reserved for scholarly settings. Yet, one ought to be at least somewhat versed on the subject that one seeks to critique and be skeptical enough to double check both what one is being told as well as one's own positions.

I find that many atheists not only lack knowledge of Christian theology and the contents and contexts of the Bible but lack a basic understanding of natural theology / general revelation, which seeks to infer the cause of the universe from nature (nature not meaning biosphere alone but the universe as a whole).

Take a lack of knowledge of natural theology / general revelation - add to it a lack {of} knowledge of Christian theology and the contents of the Bible - mix that with a typically early age rejection of Christianity - blend it with the early, Sunday School, age understanding of theology - and finally bake it in the presuppositional oven of self-professed erudition and what do we end up with? . . . .
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Sike(m): 7:20am On Oct 16, 2011
Now Following. . . BrB!
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2011
Martian:

Nobody hates your precious little book. Maybe your rivals, the muslims do, but nobody else hates your book.
well, whether they hate or like, his takes nothing away from the fact that the bible is one of the most widely read books and one of the most important books which people tend to refer to for quoting and for discussion.

Some people just find it preposterous and find it funny that you people take it literally.

Imagine someone taking the old Nigerian folklores about the tortoise literally. That's how non christians, atheists, apatheists, polyatheists, etc view you guys but they don't hate your book.
well, same way some people consider is weird how some atheists hold on to evolution as a 100% fact and answer providing alternative. Also same way non atheists view atheists for not having minds of their own
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 16, 2011
Martian:

Yes, I said it. It's basic common sense, the person making the claim bears the burden of proof. You have to provide objective evidence that a neutral and reasonable person would accept as proof of your god. This is like beating a dead horse but if I came to you and told you I have an invicible body guard, you would ask me to prove it. If I said no; that you should disprove my unsubstantiated claim, then you would be well within your rights to call me crazy. So, if I tell you with absolute certainty that my invisible body guard is real and i asked you to prove he is a non entity, what kind of science and logic would bring you to the conclusion that my body guard isn't real?? Riddle me that.
no sir, i beg to differ. In his own case(teslim) hes making an assertion which he believes he has/had proof on. maybe he would have used his IPhone just as he claimed he wanted to. It may also interest you to know that if there is an assertion made by a minority to upset the majority opinion, then the burden falls on the minority making the claim. Even if the belief is not based on fact, it is still the prevailing belief not so?.

About your generalisation of atheists based on monsieur Teslim's misguided challenge.
Three times. Three times, just like peter denied "god" three times in your favourite fairy tale. lol, how come peter saw jesus do all these miracles but was still actinig like a little b#tch. I don't know about you, but if I was part of the entourage of a "god", I wouldn't be scared of no freaking romans.
no sir. I expected something better. I've asked for my post that directly says that atheists dont think rightly. I can ask questions. I asked all4naija a question based on his submission that has to do with xtians thinking rightly. hes yet to answer. I havent generalised anything. U are just deducing wrongly from my post
Re: Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2011
Martian:

@Toba

is there anything weird in believing in the stories as documented in th bible? is there any empirical fact/evidence that suggest that all the things written in the bible from Genesis to Revelation are false and shouldnt be believe as true?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome / Rome, Bantus And The Demon- White Jesus / The Prayer Wonders With Milk And Honey. (praying With Material Formula)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.