Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? (21657 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Man Eating And Sleeping In A Restaurant In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by rex21: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2023
Zee0007:
If you want your wife's business to grow, you have to pay when you go to her shop. However, if your wife doesn't cook at home or can't package your food at home. Then there is a problem. Both of you need to sit down like mature adults and discuss your feeding plan.
One bottle of cold orijin for you. Straightforward.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by ufotunang: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
rex21:
Yes
..so must he eat in the canteen every day and everytime ...3 times a day without paying
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by scoobyblogspot(m): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
If a wife owns a restaurant, is her husband supposed to pay after eating?

This is a straightforward question.

My wife wouldn't even collect money from me and why would i even want to pay sev.. is this a joke?

2 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by freemanq(m): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nooooo
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by ceeceeuwa: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

The question should be,why does your wife not cook for you at home?
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by businessgirl(f): 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2023
It depends on the type of family. Context matters

If you are in need of a job, check my signature. If you can't view my signature, click on my monicker and scroll down. If you can't follow these steps, please don't bother you might not be able to handle any of our jobs❗

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by educhigo: 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yes, supposed to pay before service wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Slayar: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
He should avoid eating there
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by ufotunang: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
illicit:
I don't think so

I won't pay

..so the husband can eat in the canteen 3 times a day everyday with out paying
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by bizhop01: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
No reason to even eat in my wife restaurant
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Larryndelaw: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
People pretends a lot on social media. I bet you All those people saying the man should pay for one reason or the other will not pay if they are in that position. If you doubt what I'm saying wait until.you are in that position you will understand. [b][/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Arizoner: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
LordIsaac:
I marvel at some of the responses above! What then is marriage? If he has to pay, then the union is a lie! I’m sure the same people advocating for payment would say the children of the couple should not pay.
if i were the man, i will tell her to give me out of the one she normally eat from her restaurant that she doesn't pay for. Nazgul
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by rex21: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
ufotunang:
..so must he eat in the canteen every day and everytime ...3 times a day without paying
If he can pay, then he should keep eating.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
I pay once and and after, nah, never that....
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nextt: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

See it this way. Should a wife pay for using her husband's car? If the husband pays the house rent and set her business up, should the wife see it as loan to be payed with interests or cough out her share of the expenditures?

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by fabolouz1(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
Why not? Business and marriage are two different things.
Most businesses closing shop today are as a result of been emotional.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nyanabo(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
Depends on the size of the restaurant.

If it's a little road side restaurant, the husband has to pay. Because business grows when friends and family pay for services rendered.

If it's a mega restaurant, then no.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yes..for proper recording cheesy grin cheesy

Business and relatives is best consulted with the Holy Spirit..will give u an answer of peace .may be different from other people opinion but u do it and have rest

A woman followed the Holy Spirit leading and was giving her husband food from the restaurant and using him to confirm how tasty it is...one day, He came home and told her he has opened another branch for her and staff for her to train kiss kiss kiss
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by iamtardey: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
Saara
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by AutheBishop: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
Once I have money on me and eat, I will pay. Take for instance, she is not running restaurant business, won't I eat out? definitely yes! will I just leave the place after eating without paying for what I ate? No!
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by phemmyfour: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

No
Even the workers are entitled to at least one free meal

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by grandstar(m): 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Everything is about love.

The husband may eat but dash her money or gifts later. As long as he overcompensates through any means, no problem. What's important here is empathy and love.

I remember when I was a day student in my first secondary school. My mum would take me from Alausa in her commercial bus, Danfo back then to Command Day secondary school, Ojo Cantonment, Ojo.

After closing, my mum would come and pick me and take me to her restaurant at Ijora. I always ate rice with 2 pieces of meat and a Crush drink.

My mum tried asking my dad for a refund for what she was spending on me. My dad just ignored her grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by mechanics(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
It depends on the agreement they had.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by gadgetplanetng: 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
yes.

When I owned a restaurant I paid every time I ate.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Offpoint1: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
LordIsaac:
I marvel at some of the responses above! What then is marriage? If he has to pay, then the union is a lie! I’m sure the same people advocating for payment would say the children of the couple should not pay.
Lots of people are mentally ill... Imagine a man paying, when we both know he contributed to the establishment of that business.

If she ever asked for payment, then she'll start paying rent for my house.

We seriously need to purge our society
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by blackgold2018(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
I don't care what she says, I ain't paying shishi.
So if I own a grocery shop, I doubt she will pay for anything
I don’t think you have handled a business before.

The husband supposed to pay for it.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by LegacyB: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
Drop emotions . The husband must pay to set a good example. But the wife too must cook at home to avoid encroachment on her office.
Business thrives only when friends and families shun credit.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nextt: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nazgul:
The husband doesn't have any business going to that restaurant.

His wife would always prepare his food for him at home.

Saying that the husband has no business going to the restaurant is just shallow thinking. No offense intended. He should have working and experiential knowledge of her business, and many times this is done by paying her visits on occasions.

There would be serious hidden problem if neither of them knows the details of their partner's business dealings.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by blackgold2018(m): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
Will your father pay if he eats?
yes, he will pay.

And don’t be sentimental and emotional. Meanwhile I can even be giving my dad 50k monthly pay but business should be handled with business.

I don’t really think you have ran a business before.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Arizoner: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
bizhop01:
No reason to even eat in my wife restaurant
the best thing is to tell her to give me from the one she eat in her restaurant. For example, if she eats two wraps of eba per day. I will take one wrap, leave the other for her. If she takes two meats, i will divide the soup. One meat for you, one meat for her. Period. Nobody will complain later that i owe her money. Angelfrost how u see am?
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by NJV: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
For what na? Which kain question be dis sef?!

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by CodeTemplar: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
He should pay if :
he doesn't contribute to the business an any direct manner.
The wife took loan to set it up.
He promised no to interfere in past.
There is dispute as to profitability of the business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Soya Beans Cake / Woman Refuses To Pay For The Food She Ate In A Restaurant, See Her Reasons. / How To Make Wara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.