Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? (21639 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Man Eating And Sleeping In A Restaurant In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Exceed15: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
Pay for what? Is this a question in first place.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by tctrills: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
If a wife owns a restaurant, is her husband supposed to pay after eating?

This is a straightforward question.
There is no straightforward answer to this. It depends on the relationship of the couple.

3 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by juliuscaesar(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2023
If it is just the husband eating, then, no. If he comes with his friends, then they have to pay.

I am sure most husbands wouldn't even want to go there all the time to eat.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by DanielsParker(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2023
There are other places to eat. If she invites you for a meal, then fine.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Agbanasm: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
if wife owns a shop, it means husband owns the shop and you don't pay when you use your own service/property.

2 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Antoeni(m): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
Business Moves Better When Friends & Family Pay For Services Render to Them
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by olamkas: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

By normal standard, a woman should entertain her husband if he branches to say hi at her place of business even if it's not a restaurant especially if it's a one off thing
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by juman(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
There are many kinds of husbands.

The kind of husband that suppose to pay for his food is the husband that daily goes to his wife´s restaurant with many of his friends to eat free food. That would kill the business.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by wirinet(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
A wise man would pay after eating to encourage his wife and also to avoid future stories like "it's because of the free food you've been eating that's why my business crumbled"
If its just because of what the husband eats that makes the business crumble, then the business is not a viable business in the first place. How much exactly can the husband eat in real terms? Are you telling me there are no leftovers or wastages?
Does the wife pay for the food the eats in her restaurant?
It will be an insult, yorubas call it arinfin, waffi guys call it see finish, for my wife's sales girl to bring a bill to me (her madams oga), to pay for food I eat in her restaurant.
If she needs money to put into her business, we can sort that one at home.
Finally, most businesses ran by wives were probably set up by the husband.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by ibawon(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
No but, but he should be prepared to tip her workers, and pay for anything besides the food he gets. However, always remember that be is a stakeholder in that Restaurant as a responsible Husband also has his money in that shop too. A stakeholder can not be treated like every other Customer.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Mhizzard(m): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
I don't care what she says, I ain't paying shishi.
So if I own a grocery shop, I doubt she will pay for anything
you are still doubting it
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Deogratiasfx: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

The woman even ought to pay herself. Real business people separate their personal money from their business money. That is why you have to pay ur self salary even though you own the business; and pay for the food from the salary.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Geovanni412(m): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

You may not like my answer

The husband must pay after eating at the restaurant and I'll explain why...

The idea is to follow due course of business

If she gives him exception, will she give exception to the husband's relations as well...where do you draw the line?

From personal experience, my father has constructed houses for his brother and for my grandfather

Both of them were billed accordingly. The only thing is when dealing with family, you may decide to give leeway as to means of collecting money or give a discount...it should never be free

When they reach home, she can prepare food for him separately.

Him paying does not mean he does not have stake in the restaurant. It is just to keep the flow of business going. He will still collect the money later.

Imagine he goes there with his cousin and they don't pay , next thing you know, his lazy cousin might try to exploit that opportunity.

You get my drift...
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Menclothing: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
You must

If husband owe a car mart should wife pay to take a car ?
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by wirinet(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
juman:
There are many kinds of husbands.

The kind of husband that suppose to pay for his food is the husband that daily goes to his wife´s restaurant with many of his friends to eat free food. That would kill the business.
We are not talking about his friends. It's not the wife's duty to feed her husbands friends. Her duty stops with her husband and the children.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Checkwell: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Of course you must pay. Even if you own the place, you should assume you are paying rent and set aside that amount every year as savings.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Prenonjebose: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yes except she says otherwise
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nonexisting1: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
A wise man will not only pay but will try to bring his friends too. If the wife's restaurant is close to his office, store or workshop, he will bring his colleagues to eat there every day. That's how to grow business. I've done building projects for friends and relatives before and they paid for my services. All I could do was give them discount as per family and friends. I don't mix business with pleasure at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by MrBONE2(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
grin

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by wirinet(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
Menclothing:
You must

If husband owe a car mart should wife pay to take a car ?
Car and food are two completely different things. Cars are not marriage duty of either husband or wife. If a man buys a car for his wife, he will not demand payment for it.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by amah4game: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
No family and friends in business
englishmart:
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by FODA(m): 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

if the husband drives a cab,will the wife pays when she enters for a trip .

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Realman50: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
No,, tell me why will i pay? Dey play

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by zedegit: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Yes, I would even add tips to encourage her.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Chochovini: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
Will your father pay if he eats?
. Or even the mother or children.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by zinny377(f): 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lance008:

Why must you visit the restaurant why can't you eat at home
If you must visit you must pay Na business

If you no won pay you no go fit eat your your satisfaction

You can pay and get your money back at home that's called maturity

Pay and get your money at home. How please? You will ask your wife to give you back the money you paid?

Am jus curious oh🤷‍♀️
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by OceanEye: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Do you know a popular restaurant in Lagos called The Place? I know the owner, and one day I saw him queueing inside one of his restaurants to order for food after which he paid for it. That is the owner, paying for the food he bought.

It depends on kind of restaurant.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by kenlinzo(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
If the husband is assisting the wife with the restaurant activities, then no need to pay. But if he feels too big to assist the wife with the business then he has to pay for services been rendered
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by DeWorlex45(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
My wife can't have a restaurant & I will be paying after every meal, till when will I have to do that??
It is certain that I will surely have a regular way of boasting & supporting d business financially, & this would definitely btw us. So there would be nothing like paying anytime I appear for a meal (which would not be always). Though I will occasionally tip d workers for their efforts & some kind of encouragement.

By d way, situations in families differs, & it can also determine how regular will a man be eating in wife's restaurant.
I know of a family where d hubby returns to d wife's shop everyday and they all go home from there after taking dinner even at d shop. Yes!! The wife cook mostly at d shop & dis is not a restaurant.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Darkjudge24: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

Even if it's the husband that financed the whole operations of the business wisdom demands that he pays after eating for the growth of the business.
Why u no get sense?
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nzeh12(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

I will pay. Its a business.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Brownemeka: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Nop....but the Husband should take care of His responsibility as a husband by providing for the family.... and from time to time support His wife business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Soya Beans Cake / Woman Refuses To Pay For The Food She Ate In A Restaurant, See Her Reasons. / How To Make Wara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.