Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? (21644 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Man Eating And Sleeping In A Restaurant In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by zedegit: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kevineleven:

Even when the one prepared at the restaurant taste better than the one she cooks at home? na lie, oga, I will appear there every afternoon eat, as for payment, how can I pay for what I already bought.
I paid for her.

That's nonsense ideology. Your kind would beat their wife to stupor because you paid for her.
It breeds lazy men.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Bravepenis: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yes! You must pay if you are irresponsible to the woman restaurant.
No ! You must not pay if you contributed to the growth and responsible one
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by 1950Mack: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
grin no o... make he no pay... whether na him open the restaurant for her he go talk... oga pay your money jarey... no free food... business is business... here no be your parlour grin
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by dododawa1: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2023
See question
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Atarakpa: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2023
Business grow when family and friends pay for services
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Oizee(f): 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kevineleven:

I don't know o, women do wonders, so I will have to taste both.
lol, this man u just like wahala
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Bellotelli: 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
Jennyclay:
I won’t be bothered if he pays or not.

But I will always have my way of collecting back x10 of every single amount he ate in my restaurant without him even knowing.
I fear ur kind
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by pennywizzy(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
I grew in this kind of home and I can say yes the husband will not pay and will never pay because of the following reasons
1. If you know what it takes, the effort you need to run a restaurant you will know it’s practically impossible for her to cook a separate meal for her family to consume except for supper or Sunday food…. E Dey stressful….normally we Dey chop morning and afternoon food for shop and night for house sometimes e get how market go be
Na left over of sales we go chop for night or if our mama tire
2. Secondly the man gives her feeding money on a monthly basis…so why should he pay for food
When her restaurant is providing the food
And I can’t or my dad can’t go and eat 7 cow legs and plantains because na her profit we Dey chop
Rather we eat to contentment
3. My papa and us ( 5 children ) we Dey wake up for morning by 4:30am to help her start Dey prepare the food and shop
Na me Dey even fetch the drums of water… 3 times a day
Plus I know three other family this same thing is applicable to her

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Reference(m): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Because it is a cash based business the simple answer is, yes.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by tobstarizhia(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
If a wife owns a restaurant, she herself should also pay after eating. Most of you did not do economics so you are not aware of the separation of business entity. The business should be treated as a person. It has its own account and you pay it for rendering a service to you, in this case, eating.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Menclothing: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
wirinet:

Car and food are two completely different things. Cars are not marriage duty of either husband or wife. If a man buys a car for his wife, he will not demand payment for it.

So the wife own a 5 star restaurant that some meals are way too expensive the husband should be going there to eat it till business crash

If you need food go home for the food prepared by wife not Staff and business
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Oizee(f): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
LordIsaac:
I marvel at some of the responses above! What then is marriage? If he has to pay, then the union is a lie! I’m sure the same people advocating for payment would say the children of the couple should not pay.
don't mind them, if I should own one today and my husband comes to eat, he won't even sit where customers do stay, he is unique so I will treat him as such.
There's something that must diffenciate him from my customers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by munaco: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
The man should pay. Some men like to go with their friends and end up with massive bill. Better to pay unless the wife said don't bother but expect massive bill for other stuff.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Georgejeez: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
My girl sells Textile materials and outfits , I deliberately patronise her and always pay above the price , so she can see more gains and be encouraged in growing her clothing line ..

If I'm the Man here , if I must eat from the restaurant, I will surely pay , so as to help her increase her business and make her more independent ...
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by finallybusy: 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2023
No. Let some gluttonous lousy men eat their wives out of good businesses because they secured their hands in marriage.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by lanocfoods: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
If a wife owns a restaurant, is her husband supposed to pay after eating?

This is a straightforward question.
This kind of question is why some businesses collapse
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Integrafamoo: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

It depends, if the man is a supportive type
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by DrAda(f): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yes
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by tochez24(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

i will always come, eat assorted and belle full myself as often as i deemed fit♂️

I'm not giving her a KOBO!!!!

But what i not do is to bring my friends or any other person along for the free food..

If i have company, we will all go elsewhere where we all can pay for the food⚠️

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by YoshihideSuga: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
If the husband works there, he's not supposed to pay. However, if he is a regular customer like every other random customer, then he has to pay. It's a business, and a business is a corporate entity aka an individual on its own.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Lance008(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
zinny377:

Pay and get your money at home. How please? You will ask your wife to give you back the money you paid?

Am jus curious oh🤷‍♀️
No be ur business ?
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by glingev(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
She should be ready to pay rent as well

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Lance008(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2023
zinny377:

Pay and get your money at home. How please? You will ask your wife to give you back the money you paid?

Am jus curious oh🤷‍♀️
You must surely benefit from the profit of the business no matter how stingy is your wife
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by saysoo: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Yes if he eats in the restaurant but no if he eats the food at home for dignity sake. Those restaurant madam girls sabi insult person.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Bfly: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
But her manfriends eat for free and go home with takeaway.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by zeestone99(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

I will lock that shop

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by EDOSBROWN: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
Will your father pay if he eats?
Please answer
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by EDOSBROWN: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
Will your father pay if he eats?
Please answer grin
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Iamzik: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
GboyegaD:
My mom sold food for years and we don't pay because it is from that food we cook to go sell in the morning that everyone takes their breakfast from. Occasionally, my dad stops by on his way to work and will eat for free.

I have said it before, for us it was the family business my mom started after SAP to support my dad who lost his big position and had to take a smaller one.

Today, it is history, we all are happy, grateful, and well read.

Lovely, lovely story

Not like all these money conscious people screaming "he must pay"

I bet they will say the woman should not pay if it was the other way round.
This generation is not ready for the truth
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by focus7: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
Let's reverse the question.

If a husband open a restaurant should the wife pay after eating?

Men, be careful with some women, and the way you can know the kind of a woman you should be careful with is from little things like this. This kind of a woman is only with a man because the man is capable, she will dump a man if things goes south for the man.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Lessel: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Business is Business. He should pay for the sake of proper accounting.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Berankis: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nazgul:
The husband doesn't have any business going to that restaurant.

His wife would always prepare his food for him at home.
If the husband is not well-to-do, it does not really work like that oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Soya Beans Cake / Woman Refuses To Pay For The Food She Ate In A Restaurant, See Her Reasons. / How To Make Wara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.