Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,245 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (36739 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by olapluto(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2011
How can any sensible person take modern day christianity serious with this gospel of wealth being spread and preached? If over 50% of people going to worship 'God' every sunday go with the intention of having something in return, then why bother about heaven? I thought worship on earth was for heavenly blessings?
Reading comments here really explains why it is very easy for people to miss road in christianity. God now plays a backstage role in your churches and money and satan is blatantly worshipped.
Imagine someone sowing a seed of an oil rig! Haba. And the 'man of God' collected the seed and did what to it? And the same 'man of God' charges near million per year in his 'church' university.
419 used to be done in secrecy, but nowadays, people buy slots on TV and radio to fleece unsuspecting mugus of their money. I only blame the government who has failed to protect Nigerians from these extortionists.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by FKseun(m): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2011
IGNORANCE! That is what a lot are exhibiting.  My advice:  GO AND READ THE BIBLE WELL AND DO THE RIGHT THING AS A CHRISTIAN.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by octokitty(f): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2011
this is really SAD,that we talk about Gods prophets in this manner,allow God be the judge,if these men are not His servants they would have been cut down,but the more you rant and rave the more God establishes and blesses them,be careful what u say GOD is watching!!!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Toyola: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2011
v
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Orikinla(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2011
So owing a private jet makes one a false prophet?

You see why many of our school leavers and graduates are intellectual morons?
No wonder you have an incompetent President with a PhD.
Nigerian I-D-I-O-T-S!

How many men of God in Nigeria do you know to their homes?
How many have you lived with?

I have been with three of the most popular ones when we were all smoking garri and eating "ewa" beans with "Agege" bread and Nigerians were making fun of us, because we were poor even though our GOs have REAL FIRST CLASS DEGREES AND TWO OF THEM HAD REAL PHD and would have been very rich professors in the US or UK if they did not answer the call of God.

So, now that we are enjoying the season of harvest of rest, our GOs are false prophets?
And you pointing accusing fingers at these men of God you are calling false prophets, what are you?
FALSE ACCUSERS OF THE BRETHREN!

DO YOU EVEN KNOW GOD?

CAN YOU TELL US A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE WITH GOD BEYOND MERE GOING TO CHURCH TO PRAY AND LIP-SYNCHRONIZING CHORUSES WITH OTHERS AND LIFTING UP HANDS LIKE ROBOTS AND CLONES?

HAVE ANYONE OF YOU HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHOUT WHICH YOU CAN NEVER BE A TRUE CHRISTIAN?

IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY UNIQUE EXPERIENCE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, YOU CAN NEVER KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TRUE PROPHET AND A FALSE PROPHET.

THE ANTI-CHRIST KNOWING ITS TIME IS SHORTER BY THE WINKS OF THE EYE IS DESPERATELY USING DIFFERENT DEVISES TO CAUSE CONFUSION AND LABEL MEN OF GOD AS FALSE PROPHETS TO CONFUSE THEIR FLOCK AND SCATTER THEIR SHEEP SO THAT THE WOLVES OF SATAN PROWLING AND ROAMING ABOUT LOOKING FOR THOSE TO DEVOUR CAN PREY ON THEM.

I just feel sorry for these pathetic creatures called Nigerians whose ignorance is worse than the corruption of their public office holders.

Among you are cheats, forgers of certificates, liars, fraudsters, racketeers, spongers, nitwits, etc; who are actually worse than those you are pointing accusing fingers at.

Can anyone of you post here what you have contributed so far from your childhood to date to the nation building of a New Nigeria for the benefit of all?

If you don't have anything you can clearly say you have achieved so far beyond collecting ordinary salary, then shut up!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by onome25(m): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2011
PLS ALL GOOGLE ANGELICA ZAMBRANO, an eighteen years girl from ecuador whom jesus took to show HEAVEN & HELL! it.s live!
pls endeavour to download the audio from that site. this girl saw POPE JOHN TWO & MICHEAL JACKSON in HELL! & so many.after listening to the audio, u will sure have a repentant life.God bless u
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by maki(f): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2011
this topic and video is very dis-heartening and makes u think very HARD,

But the truth is dat, we christains as a religion hardly tell ourselves the truth,

we see it as disrespectful in God's eyes and dont judge d man of God,

You need to listen to ur most inner mind to hear the truth,

May God forgive all of us,
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by onome25(m): 11:06am On Oct 24, 2011
angelica zambrano
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by abiamahart: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2011
@frosbel. Thanks for the expose. As a christian i see myself as unworthy and always begging for God's mercy since in our society today you barely if at all can measure up to his recommended standards.

There are poor and i mean very poor people among there congregation they can help elevate out of poverty. They should even start from within. We all can't attain the same level of wealth but some of us have been so blessed in other to care for these ones. Its all not about money though it goes a long way.

I do not envy them but i hear members of these pastors chuches cannot afford their school fees. Majority of them went to Missionary schools built by sunday collection of congregations in Europe eg. Roman Catholic, CMS, Anglican, Qua Iboe Church, Methodist. These pastors attended free primary and secondary schools. Who is deceiving whom?

These is cutting across board from pentecostal to othordox chuches too. Cant get a grip on what is happening. The percentage that is not involved with this is far less than 10%. Do not get me wrong as though i want them to be poor NO! If what i read from the GRAIL MESSAGE is true then there end for sure will not make anyone envious in this life or the next.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Orikinla(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2011
Orikinla:

Nigerian I-D-I-O-T-S!

How many men of God in Nigeria do you know to their homes?
How many have you lived with?

I have been with three of the most popular ones when we were all smoking garri and eating "ewa" beans with "Agege" bread and Nigerians were making fun of us, because we were poor even though our GOs have REAL FIRST CLASS DEGREES AND TWO OF THEM HAD REAL PHD and would have been very rich professors in the US or UK if they did not answer the call of God.

So, now that we are enjoying the season of harvest of rest, our GOs are false prophets?
And you pointing accusing fingers at these men of God you are calling false prophets, what are you?
FALSE ACCUSERS OF THE BRETHREN!

DO YOU EVEN KNOW GOD?

CAN YOU TELL US A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE WITH GOD BEYOND MERE GOING TO CHURCH TO PRAY AND LIP-SYNCHRONIZING CHORUSES WITH OTHERS AND LIFTING UP HANDS LIKE ROBOTS AND CLONES?

HAVE ANYONE OF YOU HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHOUT WHICH YOU CAN NEVER BE A TRUE CHRISTIAN?

IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY UNIQUE EXPERIENCE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, YOU CAN NEVER KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TRUE PROPHET AND A FALSE PROPHET.

THE ANTI-CHRIST KNOWING ITS TIME IS SHORTER BY THE WINKS OF THE EYE IS DESPERATELY USING DIFFERENT DEVISES TO CAUSE CONFUSION AND LABEL MEN OF GOD AS FALSE PROPHETS TO CONFUSE THEIR FLOCK AND SCATTER THEIR SHEEP SO THAT THE WOLVES OF SATAN PROWLING AND ROAMING ABOUT LOOKING FOR THOSE TO DEVOUR CAN PREY ON THEM.

I just feel sorry for these pathetic creatures called Nigerians whose ignorance is worse than the corruption of their public office holders.

Among you are cheats, forgers of certificates, liars, fraudsters, racketeers, spongers, nitwits, etc; who are actually worse than those you are pointing accusing fingers at.

Can anyone of you post here what you have contributed so far from your childhood to date to the nation building of a New Nigeria for the benefit of all?

If you don't have anything you can clearly say you have achieved so far beyond collecting ordinary salary, then shut up!

ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT CANNOT TELL YOU WHO IS A FALSE PROPHET AND SAYING A PASTOR OWING A PRIVATE JET IS WRONG IS THE DUMBEST THING TO SAY.

WHAT MATTERS MOST TO GOD IS NOT YOUR RICHES, BUT OBEYING HIM.
BEING POOR AND WRETCHED DOES NOT MAKE YOU CLOSER TO GOD THAN THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON.

MAJORITY OF THE POOR IN NIGERIA ARE AS SINFUL AS THE CORRUPT RICH AND RULING CLASS.

I HAVE KNOWN WHAT BEING POOR AND BEING RICH MEANS IN NIGERIA AND I HAVE FOUND THAT BOTH THE POOR AND THE RICH ARE GUILTY OF THE CORRUPTION PLAGUING THE COUNTRY.

READ MATTHEW 7 AND WHAT JESUS CHRIST SAID THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO TELL A TRUE CHRISTIAN OR NOT.

PLEASE, YOU NIGERIAN INTELLECTUAL MORONS, READ AND LEARN FOR CHRIST SAKE!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2011
Orikinla:

ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT CANNOT TELL YOU WHO IS A FALSE PROPHET AND SAYING A PASTOR OWING A PRIVATE JET IS WRONG IS THE DUMBEST THING TO SAY.

BEING POOR AND WRETCHED DOES NOT MAKE YOU CLOSER TO GOD THAN THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON.

MAJORITY OF THE POOR IN NIGERIA ARE AS SINFUL AS THE CORRUPT RICH AND RULING CLASS.

I HAVE KNOWN WHAT BEING POOR AND BEING RICH MEANS IN NIGERIA AND I HAVE FOUND THAT BOTH THE POOR AND THE RICH ARE GUILTY OF THE CORRUPTION PLAGUING THE COUNTRY.

READ MATTHEW 7 AND WHAT JESUS CHRIST SAID THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO TELL A TRUE CHRISTIAN OR NOT.

While your so called MOG dine and wine with presidents and government officials, while they glob trot the globe attending seminars and meetings, people are going to HELL ! These men are preaching another gospel !

They are not preaching the gospel of salvation through REPENTANCE, faith and denying yourself to follow JESUS.

They preach mostly on how you can make it in this life, self improvement programmes, self confidence boosters, how to earn self-respect, how to make it big. This is heresy.

Jesus said to deny ourSELVES, take up our cross daily and follow him.

There is nothing wrong with riches if acquired by hard work and God's blessings but it is not for SHOW but for the service of GOD.

Let us compare your so called MOG to the true Apostles in the Bible and even JESUS himself.

Paul

2 Corinthians 11:23 - 28 :"Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again.Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers.I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches."

1 Corinthians 4:13 :"We appeal gently when evil things are said about us. Yet we are treated like the world's garbage, like everybody's trash--right up to the present moment."

Jesus

Matthew 8:20 : "But Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head"

And you dare complain about poverty and hardship, what is the matter with you.

Are you in GOD's kingdom to make MONEY or to serve him with or without  undecided
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by wordtalk(m): 11:36am On Oct 24, 2011
ieutuio:

WORKING PERMIT.Into Malaysia,Singapore with ease our connections are

100% guarantee.

There's nothing guaranteed 100%. Try 10% guarantee. grin grin
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by beethoven: 11:36am On Oct 24, 2011
Orikinla:

Brother, U just spoke my mind. I don't see where it is written in the Bible that Pastors of Churches cannot be rich, or should not be wealthy. Infact if there is one thing that the bible loathes so much, it is poverty. People think they can just post anything anywhere and anyhow without digging properly for facts. The originator and the supporters of this TOPIC should visit this site: http://domi.org.ng/worship. Listen to the messages, and tell the house where emphases are being laid on prosperity and prosperity alone. Please be careful of how to wrongly accuse Men of God lest you incur the wrath of God upon yourself and start looking for someone in your village to blame for your mis-fortunes when real problem is you!!!.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by hunterden: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2011
The greatest lie the Devil ever told was convincing humanity that he didn t exist, this is another way the devil is using to get people away from God, Leave God to do his job,Let him Judge not you!!!!!!!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by islamrules(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2011
Bill gate who is not a pastor is using is money to free africa from diseases.

Nawa for these cultist/alawos called pastors.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by sandysprax(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2011
I Couldnt get the threads to quote, but someone mentioned tht it was 3 jets and 40 jeeps while i saw 4 jets one of which was worth about $30million = N4.8Billion not mentioning maintenance costs and 60 jeeps. shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked

Another also mentioned Bill Gates not contributing to charity, do u even see the way billionaires in America and other developed countries dress to start with, do u know how much bill gates spent in fighting HIV/AIDS in Africa alone, lets not start listing them here now. my dear, Bill Gates spent enough of his MONEY on charity.

Am awed by this really,it gives me goose bumps.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 24, 2011
beethoven:

Brother, U just spoke my mind. I don't see where it is written in the Bible that Pastors of Churches cannot be rich, or should not be wealthy. Infact if there is one thing that the bible loathes so much, it is poverty. People think they can just post anything anywhere and anyhow without digging properly for facts. The originator and the supporters of this TOPIC should visit this site: http://domi.org.ng/worship. Listen to the messages, and tell the house where emphases are being laid on prosperity and prosperity alone. Please be careful of how to wrongly accuse Men of God lest you incur the wrath of God upon yourself and start looking for someone in your village to blame for your mis-fortunes when real problem is you!!!.

Was Jesus rich, Was Paul rich, Was Peter rich ?

Why is your emphasis on riches in this world.

Mind you I have no problem with riches if gained honestly and used for the glory of GOD.

But the messages in many of your churches today are centered on MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Far too little is mentioned on the need for Holiness, Repentance and altruism.

You and your cohorts are indeed worshipers of MONEY.

Jesus said many a time, that you cannot worship GOD and MONEY.

Choose 1 !

I have attended many churches where poverty is viewed as a SIN, but Jesus said in the bible, the poor you will always have with you , remember them and cater for them

The poor pay tithes which are used to build grand schools that their children cannot afford. What kind of madness and foolishness is this  
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by wordtalk(m): 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
Anyways, I think there is a very important issue that should have been addressed so that the underlying issues can better be understood within the context of the suggested topic. I have earlier wondered what exactly makes the folks in the vid to be named as false prophets - and Orinkinla has again highlighted the same point:

Orikinla:

Nigerian I-D-I-O-T-S!

Is it actually the owning of a private jet that qualifies someone to be a false prophets? What exactly is it?

frosbel:

They are not preaching the gospel of salvation through REPENTANCE, faith and denying yourself to follow JESUS.

This is a very expensive false accusation to make. if it were true, I would second your claim, but I have heard most of those men preach salvation through REPENTANCE, FAITH and DENYING the self to follow Jesus. What they mean by that may be read differently by the hearers - but it is factually dubious and a brazen lie to accuse that they are not preaching salvation by those elements.

Perhaps, you may have a certain disdain for these men and many more - not because they do not preach salvation as you highlighted, but because you do not agree with their worldview or religious outlook. No problem - I do not agree with some of them in MANY things, but I don't think it would be intelligent to go all out to accuse them falsely. For example, I do not agree with Adeboye of RCCG on the way he teaches tithing; but my disagreeing with him does not make me a more spiritual Christian so that I should falsely accuse him.

In the same manner, Jesus did not agree with the doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadducees (Matt. 16:12); but yet He urged His disciples to obey what the same Pharisees taught from Scripture: "whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" - BUT, (and here is the essential thing) "do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not" (Matt. 23:3). He may not even like the opulence of the Pharisees (verse 6), but He was clear that what these folks taught from Scripture should be well worth the attention and obedience of the followers of Christ.

Today, if people like Oyedopo or Adeboye preach salvation by REPENTANCE and FAITH and commitment to Christ by denying myself so I can take up my cross (and yes, I have heard them preach such) - then what benefit do I derive from accusing them falsely that they do not preach what I have heard them preach? I may not agree with their opulence, but does my disagreement or your false accusation save me or anyone else for that matter. Does God pat me with a divine 'well done' because of such false accusations? More important, HOW MUCH OF such preaching are we doing to reach other souls by our own efforts?

They preach mostly on how you can make it in this life, self improvement programmes, self confidence boosters, how to earn self-respect, how to make it big. This is heresy.

The preaching on improving one's life is not necessarily heresy. It is when a preaching categorically denies Jesus Christ and His vicarious work that we can call such things heresy. Quite often, many pretentious 'holiness preachers' have ruined the lives of their own church members through their 'isolation revelation' - it still damages many today, and I wish that some of you folks would highlight the heresies of those holiness churches as well.

There is nothing wrong with riches if acquired by hard work and God's blessings but it is not for SHOW but for the service of GOD.

Just out of curiosity, please show me the majority of your own preachers and ministers and men of God who have acquired riches by hard work and God's blessings for the service of God. Where are they?

I'm not asking that we follow the excesses of many leaders; but these abuses should not give us any rights to make categorical false accusations such as you made.

Let us compare your so called MOG to the true Apostles in the Bible and even JESUS himself.

Oh, really? Do you suppose for one instance that the apostles such as Paul lived all his spiritual life in penury and never enjoyed the honours of diginitaries? Oh pu-leeeaase! Let me remind you of one - just one case - that some of you folks often forget to highlight when you talk about the lives of the apostles -

[list]Acts 28:7-10

Near the shore where we landed was an estate belonging to Publius, the chief official of the island. He welcomed us and treated us kindly for three days. As it happened, Publius’s father was ill with fever and dysentery. Paul went in and prayed for him, and laying his hands on him, he healed him. Then all the other sick people on the island came and were healed.

[size=14pt]As a result we were showered with honors, and when the time came to sail, people supplied us with everything we would need for the trip.[/size][/list]

Now again, I do not mean here that we should take just about any event as the basis for self-indulgence and opulence and excesses and the like. No. But i do urge that we should be careful when speaking about wealthy Christians and how they have met dignitaries, government officials, presidents, VIPs, etc. It is even striking that Acts 28 does not mention Paul preaching salvation by repentance and faith and denying self, etc. to Publius, the chief official or any indigene of that island (this does not mean that he categorically did not preach the Gospel there).

Please, people take it easy. Falsely accusing men with obvious lies is not befitting for Christians who follow Jesus. You may not agree with many things these men do, but you cannot throw a wicked lie upon them and claim to be led by the Holy Spirit.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
frosbel:

Was Jesus rich, Was Paul rich, Was Peter rich ?

Is that a criterial ? Is that what the bible teaches that being rich is a sin and a sign of false hood. Is riches nit from God. You shouldn't read your own meaning into scripture . That's a sin

Mind you I have no problem with riches if gained honestly and used for the glory of GOD.

Youre contracting yourself .

But the messages in many of your churches today are centered on MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Thats what the poor need to hear, you complain there's poverty and yet you criticise the message that will bring them out of the poverty.

Far too little is mentioned on the need for Holiness, Repentance and altruism

If holiness is your passion ,preach the holiness na. Instead of telling another man what to preach. Everyone should focussing on the assignment God sent them. A man that is busy has no time to be judging another. And if you believe in holiness you will not be speaking evil against ministers.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Orikinla(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
Any one who has never had any experience with the Holy Spirit cannot understand GOD and cannot tell who is and who is not a true messenger of GOD.

A man of God can be the richest man in Nigeria and what matters most to God is whether he is obeying God according to the dictates of His Holy Spirit and not to impress the world.

What is even a private jet?
A private choice to have your own plane as anyone of you can have your own car.
So, a pastor having an SUV is a sin?
But having a small  Picanto is not?

So, if the pastor takes the British Airways with you, that makes him a real man of God than when he flies on a private jet?

Did he embezzle public or tax payers revenue to buy it?

What is he using the private jet for?

I am a Christian and by the grace of God I shall own more than 4 private jets, IN FACT an airline.
My dream is to have a fleet of emergency rescue jets and helicopters to rescue patients and others in critical conditions.

Now how many of our billionaires have thought of that?

One spent N300 million to pamper his daughter.
But how many people from his state has he given scholarships?

How many Almajiris did Dangote try to re-educate?
UNICEF once consulted me when I was 27 to produce illustrations on nomadic education for nomads in the north and the Almajiris can be educated and rehabilitated if all their rich men and women want to, but they prefer to use them like dogs and when Christians want to convert and minister to help them, they turn them to attack churches and pastors in the north.

Do you know how many people benefit from the largess of the RCCG for their education and welfare?
Our parish pays for those who are poor and when I was very broke over a decade ago, the parish gave me the exact amount I needed to pay the school fees of my youngest brother at a polytechnic in Ogun State.

Bishop Mike Okonkwo paid for the registration of my Christian publishing company and to start up with N30, 000 in 2000.

I was working in the office of the GO and Pastor E.A. Adeboye laid his hands on me to anoint and bless me and Rev. Wilson Badejo contributed to my fund for the first National Essay Competition I sponsored for secondary schools in Nigeria in 2003.

When you read my testimonies on this board, you will know that their blessings have been multiplied over 1000 fold so far.

Do you know how much I am worth today?
The last time I depended on my parents was when I was 17.
I was already a professional writer at 18.

Who among you can beat that record?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by wordtalk(m): 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
Orikinla:

I am a Christian and by the grace of God I shall own more than 4 private jets, IN FACT an airline.
My dream is to have a fleet of emergency rescue jets and helicopters to rescue patients and others in critical conditions.

May God, according to His will and mercies, grant your desire.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
Is it actually the owning of a private jet that qualifies someone to be a false prophets? What exactly is it?

Owning a Jet bought with the sweat of church members who can barely make two ends meet is a SIN.

Living in opulence, while the vast majority of Christendom is struggling to cobble together a meal is a SIN.

Why can you not travel via normal transportation, what is the essence of a JET that costs so much money

Give me a break, stop deceiving yourself.

This is a very expensive false accusation to make. if it were true, I would second your claim, but I have heard most of those men preach salvation through REPENTANCE, FAITH and DENYING the self to follow Jesus. What they mean by that may be read differently by the hearers - but it is factually dubious and a brazen lie to accuse that they are not preaching salvation by those elements.

Truth mixed with Error is dangerous.

Preaching salvation and then alluring the young converts through the lust of the flesh and pride of life is madness.

Perhaps, you may have a certain disdain for these men and many more

I have no disdain for them whatsoever , just exposing heresy.

not because they do not preach salvation as you highlighted, but because you do not agree with their worldview or religious outlook. No problem - I do not agree with some of them in MANY things, but I don't think it would be intelligent to go all out to accuse them falsely. For example, I do not agree with Adeboye of RCCG on the way he teaches tithing; but my disagreeing with him does not make me a more spiritual Christian so that I should falsely accuse him.

Again you misconstrue this to be ' I am more spiritual than you, sort of article.

This is simply a shedding of light in the dark world of heretical Christian teachings.

If the bible is littered with prophecy to this regard , such that even the faith of the elect will be shaken, i wonder what you are on about.

In the same manner, Jesus did not agree with the doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadducees (Matt. 16:12); but yet He urged His disciples to obey what the same Pharisees taught from Scripture: "whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" - BUT, (and here is the essential thing) "do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not" (Matt. 23:3). He may not even like the opulence of the Pharisees (verse 6), but He was clear that what these folks taught from Scripture should be well worth the attention and obedience of the followers of Christ.

Yes , because according to Jewish tradition, the TORAH was read aloud in the Synagogues not the personal teachings of MEN.

Men were told to obey God's word in the TORAH not some cleverly invented lies and fables about sowing and reaping MONEY MONEY and MONEY.

Today, if people like Oyedopo or Adeboye preach salvation by REPENTANCE and FAITH and commitment to Christ by denying myself so I can take up my cross (and yes, I have heard them preach such) - then what benefit do I derive from accusing them falsely that they do not preach what I have heard them preach? I may not agree with their opulence, but does my disagreement or your false accusation save me or anyone else for that matter. Does God pat me with a divine 'well done' because of such false accusations? More important, HOW MUCH OF such preaching are we doing to reach other souls by our own efforts?

Which is why Pastor Adeboye in my opinion, though he does have some recent actions that have perturbed me is still a pastor I refuse to make any remarks against.

The rest of your MOG, I have heard them many times preach heresy.

The preaching on improving one's life is not necessarily heresy.

Improving one's life in what sense and for what purpose /

What is your first duty as a Christian ?

It is when a preaching categorically denies Jesus Christ and His vicarious work that we can call such things heresy. Quite often, many pretentious 'holiness preachers' have ruined the lives of their own church members through their 'isolation revelation' - it still damages many today, and I wish that some of you folks would highlighted the heresies of those holiness churches as well.

lol.

Many of these men are WOF preachers who teach HERESY !

Just out of curiosity, please show me the majority of your own preachers and ministers and men of God who have acquired riches by hard work and God's blessings for the service of God. Where are they?

Ah , okay , so what is the tithe and offering meant for /

To make pastors rich , buy jets and live in opulent houses while their members languish in squalor.

You are totally deceived.

I'm not asking that we follow the excesses of many leaders; but these abuses should not give us any rights to make categorical false accusations such as you made.

What is false about the claims.

So far you have not refuted anything in the video.

I can start an article to point by point expose the false teachings of these men.

Oh, really? Do you suppose for one instance that the apostles such as Paul lived all his spiritual life in penury and never enjoyed the honours of diginitaries? Oh pu-leeeaase! Let me remind you of one - just one case - that some of you folks often forget to highlight when you talk about the lives of the apostles -

[list]Acts 28:7-10

Near the shore where we landed was an estate belonging to Publius, the chief official of the island. He welcomed us and treated us kindly for three days. As it happened, Publius’s father was ill with fever and dysentery. Paul went in and prayed for him, and laying his hands on him, he healed him. Then all the other sick people on the island came and were healed.

[size=14pt]As a result we were showered with honors, and when the time came to sail, people supplied us with everything we would need for the trip.[/size][/list]

And in your worldly Christian view this means acquiring riches and hoarding wealth ?

[quote][/quote]
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2011
Orikinla:

What is even a private jet?
A private choice to have your own plane as anyone of you can have your own car.
So, a pastor having an SUV is a sin?
But having a small  Picanto is not?
So, if the pastor takes the British Airways with you, that makes him a real man of God than when he flies on a private jet?

It's simply called "SENSE KNOWLEDGE" when a man uses his  senses to judge others. Wealth comes from God. Many ministers are fivers and that principle is what brought wealth in the first place. Prosperity can be a product of spirituality .

3 John 1:2
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

God is against trust in wealth, God is against inability to share. But he Is certainly not against enjoyment.

[list]
[li]1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
The prosperity gospel, one of the terms for the Word of Faith movement, is exploding in popularity across the world. But is its emphasis on Jesus Christ or on self?

Word of Faith promises its followers health, wealth and happiness. Its defenders claim riches should be used for evangelism and church programs. The ministers who preach it, however, can't seem to resist spending donations on themselves, for such things as private jets, Rolls Royces, mansions, and custom-made clothes.

Prosperity Gospel: Is Greed a Motive?

Jesus Christ was clear about greed and selfishness. Both attitudes are sins. He blasted religious teachers who used the Bible to enrich themselves. Referring to their inner motives, he said:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence." (Matthew 23:25, NIV)

While the prosperity gospel teaches that Christians should boldly ask God for new cars, a bigger house, and nice clothes, Jesus warned:

"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions." (Luke 12:15, NIV)

Word of Faith preachers also argue that wealth is a sign of God's favor. They hold up their own material gain as proof that they have tapped into God's riches. Jesus doesn't see it that way:

"What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?" (Luke 9:25, NIV)

Prosperity Gospel: Was Jesus Rich or Poor

Trying to legitimize the prosperity gospel, several Word of Faith preachers claim that Jesus of Nazareth was rich. Bible scholars say that theory contradicts the facts.

"The only way you can make Jesus into a rich man is by advocating torturous interpretations (of the Bible) and by being wholly naive historically," says Bruce W. Longenecker, a professor of religion at Baylor University, Waco, Texas. Longenecker specializes in studying the poor in the time of ancient Greece and Rome.

Longenecker adds that about 90 percent of the people in Jesus' time lived in poverty. They were either rich or barely eking out a living.

Eric Meyers agrees. The professor at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, bases his knowledge on being one of the archaeologists who excavated Nazareth, the small village in Israel where Jesus spent most of his life. Meyers reminds that Jesus had no burial place of his own and was laid in a tomb given to him by Joseph of Arimathea.

Word of Faith preachers counter that Judas Iscariot was the "treasurer" for Jesus and the disciples, so they must have been rich. However, "treasurer" appears only in the New Living Translation, not in the King James Version, NIV, or ESV, which simply say Judas was in charge of the money bag. Traveling rabbis at that time received alms and free meals and lodging at private homes. Luke 8:1-3 notes:

After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him, and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod's household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means. (NIV, Emphasis added)

Prosperity Gospel: Do Riches Make Us Right with God?

Word of Faith preachers say riches and material goods are signs of a right relationship with God. But Jesus warns against pursuing worldly wealth:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also, No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." (Matthew 6:19-21, 23, NIV)

Wealth may build people up in the eyes of men, but it does not impress God. In talking with a rich man, Jesus looked at him and said, 'How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!' (Luke 18:24, NIV)

The problem, which Jesus understood, is that rich people can pay so much attention to their money and possessions that they neglect God. Over time, they may even come to depend on their money instead of God.

Rather than grasping to get rich, the Apostle Paul counsels contentment with what you have:

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. (1 Timothy 6:6-9, NIV)

http://christianity.about.com/od/Word-Of-Faith/a/Prosperity-Gospel.htm
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Sike(m): 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
Real False Prophets!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
frosbel:

Owning a Jet bought with the sweat of church members who can barely make two ends meet is a SIN.

Firstly the church money is not the pastors money to start with. But lets assume its even so Where is it in the bible that it's a sin. So if he buys a car it's a sin too? Or is it only plane that is a sin?

Living in opulence, while the vast majority of Christendom is struggling to cobble together a meal is a SIN.

Why should Christians struggle. If you're struggling ,it's only because you've rejected the message of faith that should prosper you. You said people should not listen to the message of prosperity. Yet you complain of those who are suffering.

Why can you not travel via normal transportation, what is the essence of a JET that costs so much money

Do you own a car? If yes why? Why don't you go by public transport.

Preaching salvation and then alluring the young converts through the lust of the flesh and pride of life is madness.
if you can't help them out of poverty why complaining when somebody else does it. Is it lustful for a man to know his right and inheritance. What did Jesus die for? To produce poor people.

2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by wordtalk(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
frosbel:

Oh, really? And your categorically false accusation is not a SIN?

BTW, I asked you what makes someone a FALSE PROPHET, not whether they sin or not. We know that many Christians sin - and in the sence of moral judgement, one could even have viewed Paul's taking wages of other churches "sin" - (2 Cor. 11:8 - 'I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.').

But it is not the "sin" of an apostle (so to speak) that I asked about. I asked more about what qualified someone to be a false prophet. Is it just owning a private jet?

That "sin" is not I asked about. WHAT exactly made them false prophets?

A second class air ticket costs "so much money" to many folks; and because they cannot afford it, they would rather risk travelling by "normal transportation" - which, for many, is not "normal". If you sense of "norma transportation" is defined only in terms of cost, please choose any below for your own transportation - or you're living in sin as well:

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvTSENyIknus0Tck0er_4egTo4GsHvCar8RGgI13cobwBTvSIZeQ[/img]  

frosbel:

Give me a break, stop deceiving yourself.

Please answer your false accusation and get your break.

Truth mixed with Error is dangerous.

And you're not aware that is what you've been doing in so many cases? Example: accusing those men that they do not preach salvation by repentance and faith? Is that factual or a false accusation? If you don't know, ask - and people who have heard them preach such messages will tell and inform you. But to excuse your false accusation is not going to break anyone than the very same person who accuses falsely.

It is not only madness, it is wrong. I agree that the alluring people with clandestine methods is wrong. But that is not the same as falsely accusing them of not preaching salvation through repentance and faith - that accusation is wrong, and to excuse and maintain that false accusation is beyond madness.

I have no disdain for them whatsoever , just exposing heresy.

I deeply hope that you have no disdain for them . . . I beg God that He does not find such disdain in you.

Again you misconstrue this to be ' I am more spiritual than you, sort of article.

As long as you accuse them falsely, you're passing off yourself as their religious police. That is why I wanted you to play it down and contectualize your concerns.

This is simply a shedding of light in the dark world of heretical Christian teachings.

You can do that without falsely accusing them.

If the bible is littered with prophecy to this regard , such that even the faith of the elect will be shaken, i wonder what you are on about.

What I have said is plain enough.

Yes , because according to Jewish tradition, the TORAH was read aloud in the Synagogues not the personal teachings of MEN.

It was not just the reading of the TORAH - go and read that verse Matthew 23:3 again. It was what the Pharisees bid them to do - it is not just the reading of the TORAH.

Which is why Pastor Adeboye in my opinion, though he does have some recent actions that have perturbed me is still a pastor I refuse to make any remarks against.

When you make the issue of provate jets the basis of calling them false prophet, why single out Adeboye as if his own private jet is a jelly? Why are you propounding a select and choose hypocrisy? I asked you what exactly it is that should qualify those men in that vid as false prophets - you're excusing the issue under normal transport, sin, and all sorts of jelly beans. What is wrong with you? grin

The rest of your MOG, I have heard them many times preach heresy.

Thank you. Is your life now better? grin

Improving one's life in what sense and for what purpose /

1. In the sense of achieving good living standards.
2. For the purpose of furthering godly living.

What is your first duty as a Christian ?

Commitment to Christ.

Many of these men are WOF preachers who teach HERESY !

Ok, so it is not the issue of the private jets anymore?

Ah , okay , so what is the tithe and offering meant for /

Which one?

To make pastors rich , buy jets and live in opulent houses while their members languish in squalor.

I have said repeatedly that I do not favour opulence and excesses. Did you not read that?

You are totally deceived.

Thank you again. I usually avoid insults as a rule of engagement. But if you make it a duty-stamp of your christianity, I have plenty in store for you. wink
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by lucabrasi(m): 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2011
@jo agbaje
i have been reading some of your comments and i must say you are not being objective.there is something called moral responsibility and this is what the MOGS owe their adherents.besides your logic is flawed because you seem to be arguing that those who are criticising the mogs should desist from doing so simply because they have not done anything or as much as they have this is not the point the issues are clear and crystal.
1.if you are getting tithes and offerings from the congregation,they should not be kept in the account to gather interests because there is a ready need for it,follow what the lord said in the scriptures and what is in the acts of the apostles use the money to feed the widow,the poor,the vulnerable if after this you have money left then you can keep it in the bank.

2.a mog under no circumstance cannot justify the use of a single private jet talk less of 3 when the congregation are not afforded its use,and they are going hungry morally it is reprehensible. one of the central tenets of the scriptures is to love others and do unto others as you would yourself.so if you would not starve yourself or trek to and from church if the funds are available why will you as a man of GOD allow your congregation to do same?
if your children will attend foreign universities,why shouldn't the children of the poor in your congregation be afforded same opportunity especially since the church can afford it?

i am not against  the preaching of prosperity but it is not a one way street,the prosperity you as a moG IS PREACHING can only be seen to be manifesting on your and your family and close circle of friends it is not manifesting on the poor in the congregation yet you want me to hold on to hope and faith.their parents held on to faith till they grew old in the church and the children have taken over yet it has not changed their situation I'm sorry but that is not christianity.

let us forget about quoting scriptures,and look at the central tenet of christianity and that is LOVE
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by favouredjb(f): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
May God judge everybody according to the work of their hands
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by wordtalk(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
@lucabrasi,

There are very good points you raised, and the calm attitude intoned in your comments is exemplary. Thanks.

But I have a problem with this:

lucabrasi:

1.if you are getting tithes and offerings from the congregation,they should not be kept in the account to gather interests because there is a ready need for it,follow what the lord said in the scriptures and what is in the acts of the apostles use the money to feed the widow,the poor,the vulnerable if after this you have money left then you can keep it in the bank.

Re: the highlighted. I don't want to risk misreading what you said, but my comments are informed by the "you" in red quoted above.

You may not be wrong, but then I don't think money or financial contributions in churches should be controlled by one man or group of men - simply because they money does not belong to them but rather to the church/churches that made the contribution. The church in such a case is to decide what they would like the money to be used for, besides care for the poor, needy, vulnerable. If a church decides it wants to keep the money in the bank (which suggests that it accrues interests), then so be it. But such things would often open doors to those who write the cheques.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by olawrites4(m): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
i am glad that now, many Nigerians are now getting rid of the religious brainwash. look around and see. pastors tell you that if you don't pay tithes, God may not bless you. Chinese people are Buddhists, they don't pay tithes. are they not blessed? same thing the Hindus in India. what is wrong with our thinking here in Nigeria. i am glad many people are seeing the truth. kudos to the 'young nation'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman / DSS Invitation In Order - Apostle Suleman / Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.