Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (36738 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
muyoto:

that he owns a private jet and did not channel funds from the church to better the lives of people in his hometown makes the pastor a false prophet?

@poster,

thread carefully.

And if I do not thread carefully , what will happen ?

The MOG will curse me , right ?

Well I am not afraid , God is my protector.

Lets have a look at how Benny Hinn reacted to those who exposed his false teachings, instead of praying for them and forgiving them like our Lord did , he cursed them.

PLEASE WATCH THIS VERY SHORT CLIP, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW , WOW !!!!

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN8y5o272zo?version=3&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
frosbel:

Tell me which ones are you bringing into the kingdom.

Many, frosbel ,on regular basis . I go on the street. I seize every opportunity to preach the gospel. And that's why your errors here against the body of christ is touching. Others are building ,you guys scatter.

You preach the gospel of salvation and then destroy their souls with false doctrine. Shocking. !!!

What is the false gospel? That God prospers people? Is that not one of the things Jesus came for? To preach good news to the poor? What's good news to a poor man? Is it not his properity.?

Luke 4:18
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

God created man to have dominion over life. When man fell God made a promise through Abraham which is of blessing and inheritance.

Genesis 12:2
2 . . and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

This promise is fulfilled in christ. We have inheritance. Why should a christian suffer .

Galatians 3:14
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Nigeria is saturated with the gospel, what we now need to do is to free the sheep from the false shepherds.

how can they be false for teaching people what belongs to them. What of the testimony in their lives which many share Sunday mornings. What about the people who are poor by demonic curse. Struggling. Until they meet a minister that cast the devil of poverty out ,and job and business opportunity begin to manufest.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
debosky:

I disagree with a lot of the things in the first video - not in defence of the people mentioned as such, but the often unverifiable claims made therein.

Firstly, it is not the church's role to build roads or repair infrastructure - isn't that the government's role?

Of course there can be targeted assistance of less privileged people, and many of the organisations mentioned are doing that - even though they can do more. That they are not doing enough in one area or the other does not make them false prophets - if that were the case then we are all false prophets because there are areas in our lives we can do better.

Besides, the mere fact that the churches have accumulated wealth does not make them false preachers - I would have expected the first video to be exposing their teachings that are false instead of this focus on who they should be helping/not helping from a financial standpoint.

Pointing to their villages, are the men mentioned supposed to divert church funds to repair their hometowns?  undecided Just what was this video intended to do?

Even if they spent all the church resources on helping the poor, would it eliminate those poor people or all the suffering pictured?  undecided

I also find it quite hypocritical in a sense - this person who has deemed his/herself a 'judge' of pastors - how much has he contributed to the poor? Does he/she have kids 'schooling abroad'? Would he/she forfeit his/her nice car just to help the 'poor'?

There is something wrong if the church simply becomes a way to become 'popular' and 'rich', but it is grossly inappropriate to make these types of assertions so blandly.
If there are issues with intentional, persistent false doctrine, that is what should be identified first and foremost. Yes judge their fruits by all means, but do so after making an effort to find out what they are doing to help the underprivileged and don't engage in pointless sensationalism.

For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Tell me , after reading these verses that MOG are justified in living opulent lives for any reason at all. It is EVIL l, plain and simple.

btw , I did not make this VIDEO , please , it is all over youtube.

And it appears you are making the blanket statement because I have never made a comment that all Pastors live filthy rich lives.

On the contrary many pastors are poor and struggling to make two ends meet which is the more reason why the contrast between these two life styles is really sad.

As for discouraging the flock from leaving the fold, I suppose you are having a laugh, right.

In fact thousands have been delivered from the gospel of greed and are now following Jesus with all their hearts as opposed to the fear of living under the worry of going to hell because of tithes and offerings.

It is this gospel of greed that drives people away from church, the world sees the same pride, yearning for status, immorality in the church that they see in their lives.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
frosbel:

And if I do not thread carefully , what will happen ?
The MOG will curse me , right ?
Well I am not afraid , God is my protector.

You're Unclad already, God only protects withing the frame of His Word. time will tell. I hope you will realise yourself in time.

frosbel:

Absolutely , bewilderingly, astonishingly, unbelievably and scarily impossible to believe that you made the statement that JESUS died for our monetary prosperity. Wow. He died for our Spiritual prosperity.

I'm I the one who made the statement ? I quoted the Word of God. Why can't you take it for what it says.?

If you want physical prosperity , work hard ,pray , be honest and you will make it.

That us carnality. Theres no difference between you and the world. We Christians walk in the blessing and not by hard labour .

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Jesus died for our Sins.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is an atonement for our sins not atonement for MONEY.

Our lord died for everything. To open the eyes of the ,to set captives free and to prosper the poor. What is the meaning of gospel? It means GOOD NEWS. not BAD NEWS. Of sufferings.

Paul and Jesus preached endlessly against prosperity pimps.

Your wrong paul and Jesus taught the principles of prosperity. The poor man needs teaching.

Luke 7:22
22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached

Why is it only the poor you singled out . Jesus taught men how to prosper. "give and you shall receive " was one of the principle of prosperity which Jesus taught. He died for a total well being. These are simple elementary teachings.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 10:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
obirock:

May I use the following verses of scripture to emphasize Apostle Paul's teachings on the need for earning a living and being personally accountable while preaching the Gospel.
Acts 18:3 "And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers".
Acts 20:34-35 "Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive".
1 Thessalonians 2:9 "For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God".

Paul laboured with his hand in corinth because the Corinthians were stingy and carnal. He receives money and support from other churches. He didn't want to accept anything from Corinth because people like frosbel were there who would call him a thief .That was his reason. It's not a church rule. He even explained himself there.

How Ironic. Apostle Paul laboured with his hands to feed himself and those (weak) around him but today Nigerian Pastors collect from the very poor majority of their followers and end up buying private jets and expensive cars while so many from their congregation wallow in abject poverty. Well, if only Nigerians can begin to demand more from their leaders, especially those who claim to have a divine authority. However, if they were taxed by the government , it would certainly make them more accountable and charitable as they are legally licensed to be

Jesus took money from people, paul did, the other apostles did. That's even by the way. Many pastors these days have their jobs and businesses. The money people gave in church is not for the pastor . A real pastor must be a number one giver. The only reason a pastor will prosper is because he himself gives. If a pastor doesn't practice giving he will lack
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogajim(m): 2:55am On Oct 27, 2011
@Frosbel,

You have been WARNED! Stop spoiling business (market) for Pastor JoAgbaje and his ilk, with the mass education you are doing with your threads, these guys might actually have to get jobs soon.

Joagbaje:

Paul laboured with his hand in corinth because the Corinthians were stingy and carnal. He receives money and support from other churches. He didn't want to accept anything from Corinth because people like frosbel were there who would call him a thief .That was his reason. It's not a church rule. He even explained himself there.

Jesus took money from people, paul did[color=#990000][/color], the other apostles did. That's even by the way. Many pastors these days have their jobs and businesses. The money people gave in church is not for the pastor . A real pastor must be a number one giver. The only reason a pastor will prosper is because he himself gives. If a pastor doesn't practice giving he will lack

Pastor JoAgbaje,

Kindly show us Bible passages where Jesu passed the basket around in the BIBLE.
Paul collected for other Churches but never for his upkeep as he had aside gig making tents, there is a HUGE DANGER in twisting God's words because God is not MOCKED!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 8:38am On Oct 27, 2011
^^^
My Nairaland I.D is joagbaje. If you want a response if you address me appropriately.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by debosky(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2011
frosbel:

Tell me , after reading these verses that MOG are justified in living opulent lives for any reason at all. It is EVIL l, plain and simple.

They can live opulent lives if they have earned their money legitimately and choose to do so. The bible doesn’t say living an opulent life is a sin by itself.

Participating in the sufferings of Christ does not necessarily equate to being poor. We know of followers of Jesus who were wealthy in the NT, so we need to be clear on what exactly is being condemned - is it merely being wealthy that is wrong or manipulating people to get that wealth? The video lumps it all together.

btw , I did not make this VIDEO , please , it is all over youtube.

I know you didn’t make it, but by posting it, you are implicitly agreeing to its content are you not?

And it appears you are making the blanket statement because I have never made a comment that all Pastors live filthy rich lives.

I didn’t say you commented on all pastors, but by posting that video, you have made a blanket condemnation of all the pastors in the video, without any justification beyond so and so has a private Jet or built an expensive church.

On the contrary many pastors are poor and struggling to make two ends meet which is the more reason why the contrast between these two life styles is really sad.

That some pastors are poor doesn’t make the wealthy ones necessarily bad - that’s what I am trying to point out.

In fact thousands have been delivered from the gospel of greed and are now following Jesus with all their hearts as opposed to the fear of living under the worry of going to hell because of tithes and offerings.

I agree 100% with this, but not with blanket condemnation of individuals as false prophets ostensibly because they are rich and others are poor. That is too broad a brush to use. Let’s identify the teaching/doctrine that is wrong. It’s too easy to descend into name calling if you stick to individuals.

It is this gospel of greed that drives people away from church, the world sees the same pride, yearning for status, immorality in the church that they see in their lives.

I agree - but the way to address that is not by attacking individuals, it is about building up their knowledge of the Word such that they are rightly able to discern between good and evil.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
Debosky I really don't know you much, but God bless you for this piece.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
debosky:

They can live opulent lives if they have earned their money legitimately and choose to do so. The bible doesn’t say living an opulent life is a sin by itself.

Is this your perception of Christanity ?

That a few select pastors should fly Jets and drive exotic cars when an innumerable number of pastors are entrenched into deep poverty ?

Shocking !!!

"Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered." - Proverbs 21:13

"If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion--how can God's love be in that person?" - 1 John 3:17

Participating in the sufferings of Christ does not necessarily equate to being poor

No one said it did

And what do you define as poor anyway ?

To have all the basics of life and want even more to the detriment of the less fortunate is nothing less that madness !

We know of followers of Jesus who were wealthy in the NT, so we need to be clear on what exactly is being condemned

Indeed and we also know that they did not hold onto their wealth but gave it out for the cause of Christ especially to meet the needs of the brethren.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need." - Acts 2:44-45

is it merely being wealthy that is wrong or manipulating people to get that wealth? The video lumps it all together.

Wealth, you cause me pain with this word.

Why hoarde wealth, who are you acquiring all these things for if not to be used for the Christian cause ?

"Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

I know you didn’t make it, but by posting it, you are implicitly agreeing to its content are you not?

Indeed !

I didn’t say you commented on all pastors, but by posting that video, you have made a blanket condemnation of all the pastors in the video, without any justification beyond so and so has a private Jet or built an expensive church.

Condemnation is a strong word, the purpose though of the video was to depict in striking terms the contrast between the reality on the ground , the poverty in the lives of especially Christians and the high life many of these men live.

That some pastors are poor doesn’t make the wealthy ones necessarily bad - that’s what I am trying to point out.

The rich pastors, if there should ever be such a term, MUST alleviate the plight of the poor pastors.

Not to do so renders their Christianity as wrong.

I agree 100% with this, but not with blanket condemnation of individuals as false prophets ostensibly because they are rich and others are poor. That is too broad a brush to use. Let’s identify the teaching/doctrine that is wrong. It’s too easy to descend into name calling if you stick to individuals.

This is not name calling. This is factual representation of reality

I agree - but the way to address that is not by[b] attacking individuals[/b], it is about building up their knowledge of the Word such that they are rightly able to discern between good and evil.

Individuals need to be pointed out, Paul did it , the apostles did it, early Christians did it.

If we do not, we become part of the deception and people continue to follow these men.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by mabell: 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
frosbel:

Is this your perception of Christanity ?

That a few select pastors should fly Jets and drive exotic cars when an innumerable number of pastors are entrenched into deep poverty ?
Shocking !!!
"Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered." - Proverbs 21:13
"If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion--how can God's love be in that person?" - 1 John 3:17

Everybody has the word of God to act upon. A pastor that is in lack has to practices giving if he doesnt he will struggle in life. They are first pastors before christians

frosbel:

To have all the basics of life and want even more to the detriment of the less fortunate is nothing less that madness

u dont understand prosperity of a christian. The prosperity of a christian goes beyond that which he is supposed to have. He needs to have more to help others and if he doesn't have, how will he give?

frosbel:

Indeed and we also know that they did not hold onto their wealth but gave it out for the cause of Christ especially to meet the needs of the brethren.
"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need." - Acts 2:44-45

Its for a special reason. Because of their persecution in the early church, they couldnt go to work so they had to sell and share what they had because they were being hunted and killed, they were living and hiding together but it was not an everlasting principle. Paul said those who do not work should not eat. Gods idea is not for us to live from hand to mouth
A christian has to work, so he can take care of himself and others

frosbel:

Indeed !

Condemnation is a strong word, the purpose though of the video was to depict in striking terms the contrast between the reality on the ground , the poverty in the lives of especially Christians and the high life many of these men live.

The rich pastors, if there should ever be such a term, MUST alleviate the plight of the poor pastors.

Not to do so renders their Christianity as wrong.

This is not name calling. This is factual representation of reality

Individuals need to be pointed out, Paul did it , the apostles did it, early Christians did it.

If we do not, we become part of the deception and people continue to follow these men.

why are you complaining about the state of the poor when you fight the message of prosperity that is preached to help people. Moreover are you paul? Are you judging them according to the standard of the word or your own standard?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2011
@Mabel

Its for a special reason .Because of their persecution in the early church, they couldnt go to work so they had to sell and share what they had because they were being hunted and killed ,they were living and hiding together but it was not an everlasting principle. paul said those who do not work should not eat

2 Thessalonians 3:10
10 For while we were yet with you, we gave you this rule and charge: If anyone will not work, neither let him eat.

Gods idea is not for us to live from hand to mouth.

Thats it. Most of Those who always Advocate for the poor don't really know how to help them. Firstly, giving handouts to a poor man will kill both the poor. Because he lives from handouts of food or money, his faith is in the little coins and on you and he can't see beyond that. Better to teach a man how to fish than handing out fish to him which can't satisfy him. yet he is the seed of Abraham , who has many potentials . He needs a man that can teach him how to stand. We can't take giving out.  We should give and our giving should be empowerment. Not daily bread. No man should be a liability.

If a man comes to me and say he was sacked from work  and needs money. I may not rush to give him o. I will rather first ask what's your plan? "what can you do? I will rather plan with him and give him bulk money to do something meaningful. Than giving an adult 5,000 naira or daily or weekly. When we hand out money to a man full of potential. We haven't really helped. We are rather destroying him . Even though we may get the feeling of "We be righteous man"  but the guy will come tomorrow. I believe in empowering people so that they can stand to empower others . That's what the teaching of prosperity is about. Giving handouts only gives us religious feelings. I can do that to strangers and beggars by the road side who I may not always meet. But for children of God, they deserve better help. And how can you help others if you're broke? The message of prosperity is for all. All can be rich. If they follow susccess principle
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
mabell:

Everybody has the word of God to act upon. A pastor that is in lack has to practices giving if he doesnt he will struggle in life. They are first pastors before christians

u dont understand prosperity of a christian. The prosperity of a christian goes beyond that which he is supposed to have. He needs to have more to help others and if he doesn't have, how will he give?

Its for a special reason. Because of their persecution in the early church, they couldnt go to work so they had to sell and share what they had because they were being hunted and killed, they were living and hiding together but it was not an everlasting principle. Paul said those who do not work should not eat. Gods idea is not for us to live from hand to mouth
A christian has to work, so he can take care of himself and others

why are you complaining about the state of the poor when you fight the message of prosperity that is preached to help people. Moreover are you paul? Are you judging them according to the standard of the word or your own standard?

Mabell , your humility humbles me grin

How i wish Jo was like you. grin

There are some valid points you made to consider though I am not in agreement with all.

Will be back.

God bless.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogajim(m): 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2011
ogajim:

@Frosbel,

You have been WARNED! Stop spoiling business (market) for Pastor JoAgbaje and his ilk, with the mass education you are doing with your threads, these guys might actually have to get jobs soon.

JoAgbaje,
Kindly show us Bible passages where Jesu passed the basket around in the BIBLE.
Paul collected for other Churches but never for his upkeep as he had aside gig making tents, there is a HUGE DANGER in twisting God's words because God is not MOCKED!

Joagbaje:

^^^
My Nairaland I.D is joagbaje. If you want a response if you address me appropriately.

Can you answer now that the change has been made?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by BERNIMOORE: 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
CAN SOMEONE PLS READ AND CONFIRM FROM HIS OR HER OWN BIBLE AND EXPLAIN THESE BIBLE VERSES SINCERELY IN SURPORT OR AGAINST PROSPERITY BY THE TRUE LEADER AND EXAMPLER ;JESUS. AND APOSTLES JOHN, (1)luke 18:18-27.(2) luke 9:58)
and (3)1 John 2:15-17.

Luke 18:18-27 (King James Version)

18.And a certain ruler askedhim, saying , Good Master, what shall I do to inheriteternal life?19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thoume good? none is good, save one, that is, God.20Thou knowest the commandments, Donot commit adultery , Donot kill , Donot steal , Donot bear false witness , Honourthy father and thy mother.21And he said , All these have I keptfrom my youth up. 22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackestthou one thing: sellall that thou hast , and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt havetreasure in heaven: and come , followme.23And when he heardthis, he was very sorrowful: for he wasvery rich.24And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said , How hardly shall they that haveriches enterinto the kingdom of God!25For it iseasier for a camel to gothrough a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enterinto the kingdom of God.26And they that heard it said , Who then can besaved ? 27And he said , The things which are impossible with men arepossible with God.

(Luke 9:58 ;
"Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."oxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." (Luke 9:58 in the New Testament Bible, NKJV) .

1 John 2:15-17

15.Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16.For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by BERNIMOORE: 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2011
pls get me right,after reading the above bible text,if prosperity should be the main teaching and giving less attention having good concience, does the process of geting riches matter? or you are only concrned with the product.just anyhow?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogaju007(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
FROSBEL : Wetin de do you now? why you wan spoil market for boys? grin grin grin
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^^^

Precisely my intention. grin
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by BERNIMOORE: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ jo agbaje
can you please explain these scriptures;
SINCERELY IN SURPORT OR AGAINST THE REAL MESSAGE FROM THE TRUE LEADER JESUS. AND APOSTLE JOHN.

18.And a certain ruler asked him, saying , Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thoume good? none is good, save one, that is, God.20Thou knowest the commandments, Donot commit adultery , Donot kill , Donot steal , Donot bear false witness , Honourthy father and thy mother.21And he said , All these have I keptfrom my youth up. 22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackestthou one thing: sellall that thou hast , and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt havetreasure in heaven: and come , followme.23And when he heardthis, he was very sorrowful: for he wasvery rich.24And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said , How hardly shall they that haveriches enterinto the kingdom of God!25For it iseasier for a camel to gothrough a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enterinto the kingdom of God.26And they that heard it said , Who then can besaved ? 27And he said , The things which are impossible with men arepossible with God.

(Luke 9:58 ;
"Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."oxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." (Luke 9:58 in the New Testament Bible, NKJV) .

15.Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16.For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogaju007(m): 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
lol @Frosbel : have you ever seen any of this stupid pastors going to dubai, iraq, iran, afghanistan, libya, turkey? I guess not, their holy spirit is always directing them to pounds and dollars. hmmmn and poverty can't let my people also think as they expectt God to shower them with money and material things without having to work. grin grin grin
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 2:42am On Oct 30, 2011
BERNIMOORE:

@ jo agbaje
can you please explain these scriptures;
SINCERELY IN SURPORT OR AGAINST THE REAL MESSAGE FROM THE TRUE LEADER JESUS. AND APOSTLE JOHN.

18.And a certain ruler asked him, saying , Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thoume good? none is good, save one, that is, God.20Thou knowest the commandments, Donot commit adultery , Donot kill , Donot steal , Donot bear false witness , Honourthy father and thy mother.21And he said , All these have I keptfrom my youth up. 22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackestthou one thing: sellall that thou hast , and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt havetreasure in heaven: and come , followme.23And when he heardthis, he was very sorrowful: for he wasvery rich.24And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said , How hardly shall they that haveriches enterinto the kingdom of God!25For it iseasier for a camel to gothrough a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enterinto the kingdom of God.26And they that heard it said , Who then can besaved ? 27And he said , The things which are impossible with men arepossible with God.

Jesus was teaching about the impotance of giving here. All of us must practice giving. The man was obviously not a giver.

(Luke 9:58 ; .

Jesus was entering a city where they rejected him, he didn't have a house to stay yet for that day. So when another man asked to join Jesus, he politely told the man. " I don't have where to lay my head ( in the particular city where he was rejected) But If the idea you try to create is that Jesus never had a house , that's not true, even in his poverty . He has a house.

John 1:38-39
38 Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? 39 He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day:

The nicodemus man who came to Jesus by night whom you quoted didn't meet Jesus under the bridge.

These are straight forward scriptures ,it doesn't require special interpretation. A christian should not love the world. But I may not know your motive or this. But if by this you mean God is against the prosperity of Christians, you're wrong. God is nit against our prosperity.

Psalms 35:27
27 . . Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

You can see that. But what God hates are two things. If a man holds back from giving, or if a man set his heart of wealth as security instead of on God.

1 Timothy 6:17-18
17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

So God is not against our wealth at all. We should serve him with our wealth. He doesnt want us to live from hand to mouth . He wants us to be rich so that we can be blessing to others.

Genesis 12:2
. . I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Image123(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
i hope that i would not write long. Just to chip in a couple of things while i have the time. This is sort of in response to the idea that we all have rights to name names and the kind of posts that look to suggest that it is righteousness to 'write the names of false prophets'. Just like my first post(ithink) to this thread, let me re-state.

This is very unhealthy and dangerous for you, except God specifically told you to do it(which i so doubt). And you shouldn't encourage others to indulge in speaking unadvisedly.

It's possible God tells someone to name names, but it's a very rare and unusual practice, even in the Bible. And it would do us well that if we're going to be quoting Bible to support our actions, then we should do it the right way, even devil can quote some passage to support himself.
Every child of God has his/her place, position and responsibility in the body of Christ

1Corinth 7:20  Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

Some people are called as pastors, some as apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some teachers, some helps, some rulers, some with gifts of this and that. Not everybody is an apostle (1Co 12:29  Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? ). Jesus Christ was an apostle, the 12 disciples were apostles, Paul was an apostle. To be an apostle is to be SENT. A true apostle does as he is sent. He knows and others know that he is sent, God speaks to Him clearly. We can't all do what they did/do(i.e also including apostles in the contemporary). They have a MINISTRY. We can't follow their ministry, we can follow their lives. There's a difference in ministry and life. There is the APOSTOLIC MINISTRY. When Jesus says follow me(or do as I do), or when Paul or the apostles say follow me, it is their lives we are following. Their love for God and man, their obedience, their meekness, their humility, their doctrine, their lifestyle. We can have faith and hope through their ministries though. Their ministries expand us and show us 'waoh so that's possible' but we're not all necessarily to follow it as that may not be our calling. We can't all raise the dead, or feed the five thousand with five loaves, or heal the sick with handkerchifs and shadows(not all believers have a miracle ministry). Jesus was sent to die for us all, we can't follow Him in that. If you die, you die for yourself, nobody sent you. All the 12apostles (except one they say) and Paul all had a calling that demanded death by matyrdom. Are we all called to die that way? No, but they through their deaths and sufferings glorified God, that's the way God wanted it or sent them. In ministry they are DIFFERENT from us all.
Eph 2:20  And are built upon the[b] foundation[/b] of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Gal 2:9  And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Rev 21:14  And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

So we don't just say Paul did this, or this one did that, so i will do it. And then we are not doing what they did when the going gets tough like going to prisons or waiting to be beheaded the next day or crucified. These men had a special ministry for which they were empowered. Same thing with John baptist who was the greatest man that ever lived(imagine someone greater than Abraham, than Daniel, than Solomon, than David, than Elisha, than Isaiah, than Moses, than Noah, than Enoch).
Luke 1:15  For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
These are the people we're calling as if we're calling our colleagues in school, i'm like WHAT, you no dey fear face? If these ones (including Jesus our chief Apostle) went around calling names on per day billings, we would understand that maybe it's their right or duty. But even then did they really? Was Jesus so direct as to say Caiapas is a false prophet and a rogue, a scammer etc. And then the geometric progressions in labellings like saying "I regard him no better than I regard a cockroach, 419, fathead pastor", and so on like have seen just skimming through the 1st page of this thread. What's all these in the name of God? Even the atheists and agnostics, the whores and the publicans are not so disrespectful. Little wonder, they'll enter the Kingdom before some of us. I'm going out but should be back at night to look through some of the passages that have been posted to defend such rudeness and name calling. there was one long one someone posted showing where Paul, Jesus, john etc were supposedly calling names, i'm looking for it, maybe it was another thread sha. But how do you obey the word of God like the below and not get yourself into condemnation?
1Peter 2:17  Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
Titus 3:2  To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing all meekness unto all men.
2Pe 2:10  But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
2Pe 2:12  But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
Image123:

i hope that i would not write long. Just to chip in a couple of things while i have the time. This is sort of in response to the idea that we all have rights to name names and the kind of posts that look to suggest that it is righteousness to 'write the names of false prophets'. Just like my first post(ithink) to this thread, let me re-state.

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed . For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissebled likewise with him; insomcuh that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.  But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?” (Gal. 2:11-14).

The issue there was DOCTRINAL-Peter was in error on the doctrine of the  Gentiles, and Paul told Peter that he (Peter)  had misunderstood!  He said this to Peter’s FACE, in front of everyone.  Yet, we know that he loved Peter and Peter loved him

" They traveled through the whole island until they came to Paphos. There they met a Jewish sorcerer and false prophet named Bar-Jesus, who was an attendant of the proconsul, Sergius Paulus. The proconsul, an intelligent man, sent for Barnabas and Saul because he wanted to hear the word of God. But Elymas the sorcerer (for that is what his name means) opposed them and tried to turn the proconsul from the faith. Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said,  “You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? [/b]11 Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind for a time, not even able to see the light of the sun.” - [b]Acts 13:6

"for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia." - 2 Timothy 4:10

The list is endless.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Enigma(m): 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2011
@Image123

Nna bros, when you do finish please tell us how to describe or address Dr Sign Fireman of https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-791491.0.html

Our Man of God?
Our Father in the Lord?
Our Apostle?
Our Pastor?
A False teacher?
Just another hustler?

Oh by the way also remind us how to address Rev Dr King of Kirikiri? smiley

cool
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Enigma(m): 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
Again @Image123

Meanwhile nna, when you dey reply my kweshun above please take into account the post below so --- especially in relation to that reference to the "fathead pastor"! wink

violent:

I have always maintained that if you give 10 percent of your money to a church/pastor who owns a Jet, while millions of people die of starvation in east africa, what you are practising is NOT Christianity, it's called idiocy!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
interesting thread. How disgustingly hypocritical of our so-called men of gawd.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Graxie(f): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2011
@ FROSBEL AND CO.

You are leading more people to HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I joined Nairaland sometimes 2008 0r early 2009, I became confused because of people like you. Which church 2 go, which pastor is not fake, tithe n tongues real or fake? so many questions. At a point I decided that God does not exist, then after a year, death came, thank God 4 d saints that didnt give up on me. Though I lost my son but Jesus proved himself merciful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God 4 restoration. How many people are priveledge 2 have second chance?

STOP LEADING PEOPLE TO HELL. THERE ARE GENUINE CHRISTIANS THAT COMES TO THESE SITE WITH LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF BIBLE, STOP DESTROYING THERE FAITH.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
Graxie:

@ FROSBEL AND CO.

I joined Nairaland sometimes 2008 0r early 2009, I became confused because of people like you. Which church 2 go, which pastor is not fake, tithe n tongues real or fake? so many questions. At a point I decided that God does not exist, then after a year, death came, thank God 4 d saints that didnt give up on me. Though I lost my son but Jesus proved himself merciful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God 4 restoration. How many people are priveledge 2 have second chance?

STOP LEADING PEOPLE TO HELL. THERE ARE GENUINE CHRISTIANS THAT COMES TO THESE SITE WITH LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF BIBLE, STOP DESTROYING THERE FAITH.

i dont understand the purpose of this post. Anyone who does not know which church to go or which pastor is fake has a fundamental problem - they either dont study the word themselves or have no discerning spirit. you are in danger of problems like this particularly if your own faith is tied solely to the church you attend or the pastor you prefer rather than having your gaze focused on Christ.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Image123(m): 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2011
So, to continue. Please, i've not said that there are no false propphets, false teachers, false apostles, false believers, even false human beings. What i'm speaking against is the belief that everyone has rights to label people as false prophets, or the indulging of others to speak unadvisedly. i'm yet to find that post so let me make do with what's on ground.

”But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed . For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissebled likewise with him; insomcuh that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.  But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?” (Gal. 2:11-14).

What is this? Is Peter a false prophet also?

" They traveled through the whole island until they came to Paphos. There they met a Jewish sorcerer and false prophet named Bar-Jesus, who was an attendant of the proconsul, Sergius Paulus. The proconsul, an intelligent man, sent for Barnabas and Saul because he wanted to hear the word of God. But Elymas the sorcerer (for that is what his name means) opposed them and tried to turn the proconsul from the faith. Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said,  “You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? 11 Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind for a time, not even able to see the light of the sun.” - Acts 13:6

Do we compare these preachers to Elymas? Did Elymas believe in Jesus? Did he preach Jesus? Even at that, Paul had to be directed/filled with the Holy Spirit before he could say what he said. He was an APOSTLE, yet did not just act on impulse or right or knowledge. We all know the prophets of Baal are false prophets. What's in question is calling people who call themselves christians like us, people who many have seen preach the foundations of christianity, calling such false prophets and other such names with impunity.
Hebrews 6v1b the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2  Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

The above passage shows the basic foundation that christians build from. Do Oyedepo, Adeyemi and some of the others mentioned not preach repentance from dead works? Do they not talk about faith toward God? Have you been to their sunday schools? Have you partook in their Bible schools? Do they not preach or believe in and practice baptisms(water and spirit) from the Bible? Do they not practice laying on of hands? Do they doubt the resurrection of the dead? Do they not know that there is eternal judgement? these are basic things that most of these people do, why then you feel you're in position to tell us who is saved and who is not saved, when they've passed these tests? Of course we are aware of some groups and congregations who do not pass this basics. But if you listen to some of these people that the OP mentioned (like i think have fairly heard the two names i mentioned), they believe in these basics. Are we no more saved by grace? Is grace no more enough for us? Are we now saved by ourselves, or by our works, or by what wee buy or do not buy, or by our account balance? Elymas was a sorcerer who withstood the word of God, he was an enemy of all righteousness. He was not preaching Jesus. there's no strong base for comparison.

"for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia." - 2 Timothy 4:10
Was Demas called a false prophet here? Was he called any name whatsoever apart from 'Demas'. Good, our theology says he loved the world i.e he backslid. That's exactly where it stops. You may go ahead and add false prophet, scammer, fleecing the gullible sheeple(i usually wonder at the meaning of this nl rhyme).

The list is endless.
This is a false statement, should we add you to this list of false prophets/posters(or whatever your office is)? I need 30 different names. just 30 different names in the Bible from these endless list.

Nna bros, when you do finish please tell us how to describe or address Dr Sign Fireman of https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-791491.0.html

Our Man of God?
Our Father in the Lord?
Our Apostle?
Our Pastor?
A False teacher?
Just another hustler?

Oh by the way also remind us how to address Rev Dr King of Kirikiri?
i don't know him, i don't need to address him, he's not my business. Your link says "They find 2000 people at an event AND Dr Fireman has expanded his Perfect Christianity Ministry to 40 branches. YET HE IS[b] an up-and-coming preacher who is attempting to break into the big time.[/b]" This is sensationalism, i don't have time for that, i need concrete stuff, what's his belief, doctrine, message. i'd rather hear him or read him for myself to make proper assessment. I've read more absurd stuff about other pastors, about Paul, about Mary magdalene, even about Jesus or God, but thank God, i think i know better than to berate those. I don't know Rev. King, i don't address him or discuss him. What i heard concerning him and his church is unpalatable though, but he's not my business or commission. He that has ears to hear, let him hear.
On no account are we as christians to insult others. God's Word says to speak evil of no man, i think that's new testament and i've quoted it earlier. So, on to some of the passages used to justify name calling,

Mat 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Mat 3:8  Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Here's John baptist, the greatest man that ever lived, filled with the Holy Ghost from the womb. Forgive me, i'm wowed by his CV. We don't all have his ministry, or anointing,  or class, neither can we do all the things that he did. Now did he name call any specific person in that passage? NO, capital bolded NO. He didn't face his disciples and say' You see Nicodemus, Annas and Caiaphas, they are false prophets and fatheads". He was PREACHING and was quite general " O generation of vipers".

Mat 12:34  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Here, we see Jesus Christ just like John baptist, speaking DIRECTLY to a group of people, no name calling.

Mat 23:33  Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
No name calling still. Did these guys not have names, or is Jesus Christ also involved in this 'conspiracy' of not calling names? We do not see any endless list in the Bible, or a usual practice of saying this particular person is a false prophet, at least not from Jesus our perfect example. Jesus is the Ultimate Judge, our Apostle and High Priest, He's the one who is anointed without measure, having all knowledge, omniscient and knowing all our works. He was surrounded with a generation of vipers, a wicked and perverse set of people, yet He comes up with no specific name labelled to the word FALSE PROPHET. Did He speak and warn about false prophets? YES! Did He name names? NO.

2Peter 2:15  Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
Jude 1:11  Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Korah.
Revelation 2:14  But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold[b] the doctrine of [/b]Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
Balaam, Balaam, Balaam. Was he called a false prophet? NO. Did these APOSTLES speak against his way, error, doctrine? Yes. Did they call him names, or Cain or Korah? NO. Less than cockroach, deceiving the gullible sheeple, cret.in, 419? NO.

3Jo 1:9  I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
3Jo 1:10  Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
Perspective- Here is APOSTLE John writing to Gaius. Was Diotrephes called a false prophet? Not here, or maybe i should say, not in all the versions of the Bible that have seen. John did not even call him a fool, or 419 or an unbeliever. He didn't even condemn him. He just said what Diotrephes did, and what he-John would do. Very cool apostle IMO.

2Timothy 1:15  This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.
1Timothy 1:20  Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
2Timothy 4:14  Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
2Timothy 4:15  Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
(1)i'm wondering why Paul the APOSTLE does not attach this "false prophet' word directly to any of these names. Here's Paul, he warned a lot about all the false. False this, false that, yet He didn't even say Alexander the false prophet. Why? Maybe because these people were not prophets, or preachers of the gospel. They were probably people any believer should know that they were unbelievers. Who does not know that Gaddafi's not a saint, or Osama, or even Obama? Are they false prophets? You don't compare these to the 'MOGs' in trial here and say Paul mentioned names. (2). Do you notice that he was not writing to the Romans, or Corinthians, or Philippians? He was writing to a man, a pastor, one who was a son to him, who he could advice one to one. Same goes to John the beloved. He didn't come on NL and facebook exposing 'the major false prophets' even though He was Paul, an APOSTLE. He wasn't preaching it to Caesar's household and all of Asia, there was something more important to tell it seems. (3). Do you notice that Paul had many people to commend as well? If you said he had an endless list of people he commended, and spoke well of, that may even be tough to debate. But the OP and his supporters hardly ever have anyone to commend except maybe themselves. Every other person is wrong and false, every church is corrupt, every denomination is Babylon, every pastor is a wolf or one to be kept under real scrutiny and ready for condemnation at the next move. i'm not sure, but i won't be suprised if all these guys find themselves too holy to belong to any church or gathering. Their type no dey go church, all the churches are false and antichrist, they'd rather 'worship' God in their bedroom. Where is meekness, where is charity, or long suffering, where is fellowship and assembling, where is the lifting of hands that hang and the strenghtening of feeble knees, where is christlike maturity and understanding? Where is the Holy Ghost? i'll stop here.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2011
Graxie:

@ FROSBEL AND CO.

STOP  LEADING PEOPLE TO HELL. THERE ARE GENUINE CHRISTIANS THAT COMES TO THESE SITE WITH LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF BIBLE, STOP DESTROYING THERE FAITH.

Dear I sympathise with you for your Son.

My intention is not to cause  confusion but clarity.

I have never asked you to leave your church, I am saying you and we as a whole must be careful what we listen to and what we believe.

My opinion is this, we are born again with the Spirit of God and become his children, yet it does not end there. We are to become discerning believers for even John says many false prophets have gone out into the world set on deceiving the elect of God.

This deception is rife and deep , many have been destroyed by it , trust me.

example : a family in my village lost their daughter because they refused to take her to hospital due to this health gospel which says medicine is bad.

I also was ill many years ago as a young boy , and it was almost fatal if it not for the mercy of God , because I refused medicine and was made to believe it was a sin to see a doctor.

There are countless souls who have been hurt with the wealth gospel because they feel that not having many things materially speaking , is a definite sign of sin or disobedience in one's life.

There are families in the western world who are neck deep in debt and poverty because they cannot feed their children and put clothes on their back, why you may ask, simple, because they send all their money to many MOG hoping for a 100 fold harvest.

True to say on the other hand that some of these men mix truth with error which makes it even more dangerous.

However we must fellowship and we need to find truly dedicated believers who read their bibles, pray and LOVE God above all and fellowship with them.

Stay in your church if you may, I also go to a church where I disagree with some of their doctrine, but I stay for the sake of fellowship. Simply discard the error is my motto.

Again I am not trying to stop you from going to church for the real church is not the physical but the spiritual.

May God grant you grace in abundance.

Also the most important thing in our christian lives, is this.

Are we striving to be more like Jesus on a daily basis, without holiness no one will see God.

You can check out my youtube channel with the link below , you will quickly realise that 90% of the videos are on holiness, loving God and avoiding error.

Peace
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Graxie(f): 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2011
@ Davidylan
You will not understand d meaning of the post because you dont want 2.  Humility is a virtue, you can claim 2 know Christ with solid foundation, but does He know you? Are you doing His will on nairaland? How many souls with fake foundation are u shaping on nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman / Leke Adeboye Apologises For Calling RCCG Pastors Goats / What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.