Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,213 members, 7,957,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (36933 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
Paul opposed false teachers.

Having concluded the list of qualifications for the elder with a reference to refuting error, Paul goes on to unmask the false teachers in the Cretan church. These opponents of Paul must have arisen soon after the churches were planted, but we cannot be certain exactly how this came about.

Heresy involves more than simply teaching an unorthodox doctrine. Just as the Christian message affects the whole life, heresy left unchecked penetrates deep into the community's and the individual's life and thought, leaving nothing undisturbed. But its subtle beginnings and secretive motives often make it undetectable until it has surfaced as a movement with increasing momentum. For this reason Paul identifies and unequivocally denounces the false teachers and their doctrine.The False Teachers

What kind of people would, in the name of Christianity, oppose the true faith? Paul's indictment of them, which is designed to expose and discredit them completely, begins by revealing some telltale clues of heresy.

Far from being innocent seekers of truth, verse 10 portrays false teachers as willful and culpable. Rebellious (see v. 6; 1 Tim 1:9) describes them as consciously defiant and in opposition to Paul's authority and work. Paul characterizes their activity as "idle" or "mere talk," a reference both to their meaningless speculation and discussions and to the pagan quality of their "knowledge" (1 Tim 1:6). But it is as deceivers (v. 10) that false teachers do their most dangerous work; they willfully lead others astray. Paul's language places them into the same category as the heretics in Ephesus, who, by misrepresenting God's law and causing others to break it, come under its condemnation (1 Tim 1:8-10).

From the Bible Gateway
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogaju007(m): 12:01am On Oct 25, 2011
lmao cant beleive people are still this stupid and gullible in this century, grin grin grin private jet? when people are hungry? jesus fed ppl he didnt tax them to death,
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by sandysprax(m): 12:14am On Oct 25, 2011
ogaju007:

lmao cant beleive people are still this silly and gullible in this century, grin grin grin private jet? when people are hungry? jesus fed ppl he didnt tax them to death,

My dear, do u even blame the pastors, they dont use jazz on people do they? why will a normal person like me be "CONTRIBUTING" money for a fellow man to live a better life. Imagine in the video how they were dropping "Hard Currency" for an Igbo Man in Ghana, Quite ridiculous. I know a pastor tht came to do deliverance and mandated everyone to pay their tithes in his own church, saying that God will not be happy with anyone who pays in another church. Anywayz, mtchewwwwww, thank God am a Roman Catholic and will be till i die.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 25, 2011
^^^^

I will not be laughing if I was you.

It all started with the Catholic church , fleecing their poor peasant sheep through the indulgences to build an opulent empire for the pope and his elite bishops.

The following quotes are from articles and speeches pertaining to the estimated wealth of the Catholic Church.

1. The Vatican has large investments with the Rothschilds of Britain, France and America, with the Hambros Bank, with the Credit Suisse in London and Zurich. In the United States it has large investments with the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan Bank, the First National Bank of New York, the Bankers Trust Company, and others. The Vatican has billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations such as Gulf Oil, Shell, General Motors, Bethlehem Steel, General Electric, International Business Machines, T.W.A., etc. At a conservative estimate, these amount to more than 500 million dollars in the U.S.A. alone.

2. The Vatican's treasure of solid gold has been estimated by the United Nations World Magazine to amount to several billion dollars. A large bulk of this is stored in gold ingots with the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank, while banks in England and Switzerland hold the rest. But this is just a small portion of the wealth of the Vatican, which in the U.S. alone, is greater than that of the five wealthiest giant corporations of the country. When to that is added all the real estate, property, stocks and shares abroad, then the staggering accumulation of the wealth of the Catholic church becomes so formidable as to defy any rational assessment.

3. The Catholic church is the biggest financial power, wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. She is a greater possessor of material riches than any other single institution, corporation, bank, giant trust, government or state of the whole globe. The pope, as the visible ruler of this immense amassment of wealth, is consequently the richest individual of the twentieth century. No one can realistically assess how much he is worth in terms of billions of dollars.

What is this corrupt so called MOTHER CULT doing with all this money when people are starving all over the place.

Pathetic !!!!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by sandysprax(m): 12:57am On Oct 25, 2011
Hmmmnnnn,!!! frosbel u are really putting in a lot of time to this. Is anything in it for u? . As far as i am concerned, the catholic church is and still remains the only christian institution i know for now.Need i remind u that the immediate past pope died with just a pair of shoes an was buried in a shoddy coffin.For ur information, Popes dont amass wealth, i dont know where u get ur information from. Are u aware there are so many charity organisations like St. Vincent de Paul (for poor people) in the catholic church that are set up specifically for helping the poor, the Parish Action Committee on Aids (for helping pple living with HIV/AIDS) and numerous others like that, u can as well research on that.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by obirock(m): 1:10am On Oct 25, 2011
Kudos to Frosbel and the Poster for being quite objective on this one!

May I use the following verses of scripture to emphasize Apostle Paul's teachings on the need for earning a living and being personally accountable while preaching the Gospel.

Acts 18:3 "And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers".

Acts 20:34-35 "Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive".

1 Thessalonians 2:9 "For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God".

How Ironic. Apostle Paul laboured with his hands to feed himself and those (weak) around him but today Nigerian Pastors collect from the very poor majority of their followers and end up buying private jets and expensive cars while so many from their congregation wallow in abject poverty. Well, if only Nigerians can begin to demand more from their leaders, especially those who claim to have a divine authority. However, if they were taxed by the government , it would certainly make them more accountable and charitable as they are legally licensed to be

And for those who think its heresy to speak against Men Of God! Well, what can I say? "By their jets, ooohpps I mean "fruits" ye shall know them". lol!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Olacharles: 2:26am On Oct 25, 2011
Take out churches and you have solved the problem of corruption in Nigeria.
All the corrupt politians attend church
Contractors that inflate contract by over 500% attend church
Corrupt directors in federal ministries and parastatals attend chuch
Corrupt police officers attend church
All these categories of people and many more others that became riches through dubious and corrupt means are well respected, recorgnised and even in some cases given a special seat in the church
All these are happening because the pastors condone and encourage them because they want these people to sow into their lifes. Did the pastor that was given an oil rig bother to know the source of wealth of the donor? even if it was given by the government, does it follow due process? A contractor comes to church and given a testimony of how god blessed him with a contract worth N50million and all he spent is N10million and the whole church erupted with joy and praise singing to the 'lord' for the 'blessing'. of course pastor will bless him having paid the tithe of N4million.
They are all challantans with no exception!!! Thank God I have found the truth and the truth has set me free.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by dareF: 5:45am On Oct 25, 2011
Good-day All,
My Humble Advice- "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO ARM, I WHIP KINGS FOR THEIR SAKE" Saith God . It is very easy to judge.It is certain that those who judge would have done worst things.

I have no story for the posters. A word is enough for the wise, if even you don't believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogaju007(m): 8:02am On Oct 25, 2011
dareF:

Good-day All,
My Humble Advice- "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO ARM, I WHIP KINGS FOR THEIR SAKE" Saith God . It is very easy to judge.It is certain that those who judge would have done worst things.

I have no story for the posters. A word is enough for the wise, if even you don't believe in Jesus Christ.

so if your pastor rapes your mother, you will quote this rubbish and let him go? omg u d.ft. and d.mb angry angry angry
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by newmi(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2011
,You know l really wonder what in the world makes some people fill qualified to think that it is in their place to expose false prophets what they fail to recognize is that it takes only the Spurit of God to expose the "unfruitfull works of darkness", you cannot expose wrong with share extracts coined from one bible scholar or seminary.
The Spirit of God of whom Jesus made reference to John 14:17 calling Him
the Spirit of truth
John 14:17
17[Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. ,
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by newmi(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2011
It is this Spirit of truth spoken of by Jesus that exposes any form of falsehood in the light of the all encompassing and accurately infinitive wisdom of the Father.
We can shed light on wrong teaches and erring doctrines but you see the mistake many of these people who flaunt themselves on an ostentatious display of pride and ignorance claiming and ascribing to themselves the task of exposing false prophets is that a wrong or false doctribg or teachind does equal to a false teacher of prophet because many it simple the level if their revelation and exposure to the word of God.
Acts 19:1-5
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 25, 2011
Exposing the False Teachers

In his exposure of these false teachers, Paul gives us six identifying marks that can guide us to discern the presence of "wolves in sheep's clothing" in our midst today.

First, false teachers distract Christians from obeying the truth of the gospel (v. 7). Paul compliments the Galatian believers for running a good race. Running a race was one of Paul's favorite images for living the Christian life. Here this image portrays how well they were obeying the truth. The gospel set the course for their life, and they were running well in that course. The reality of their belief in the truth about Christ was demonstrated by their obedience to Christ. But then they were distracted, tripped and so hindered from running this race. Paul asks them, Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? The question is rhetorical. Paul knows the answer. But by asking the question this way he exposes the false teachers' negative effect on the life of the believers. The picture is of a runner who distracts another runner, blocks his way, cuts in on him and trips him. Everyone would have been very angry with a runner who did such a thing. He would have broken the clear rules against cutting in or tripping in the foot races of the Greek festivals. He would be immediately disqualified and excluded from the festival.

The false teachers are hindering the Christians from obeying the truth of the gospel with all their talk about joining the Jewish people and keeping the law. All those who get the church off on a tangent, away from the clear direction given by the central truth of the gospel, are like these false teachers. They should be disqualified and excluded from the churches.

Second, false teachers replace the call of God with their own deceptive persuasiveness (v. cool. That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you, Paul informs his readers. When Paul had preached the gospel, the Galatians heard the voice of God calling them through Paul (1:6). But when the false teachers teach, all that can be heard is flattery, boastfulness and empty rhetoric. They are skillful orators. No doubt they claim to be giving God's message backed by Scripture. But all one can hear through their strident voices is a harsh repetition of the demands of the law. What a contrast to "the one who called you by the grace of Christ" (1:6) and the God who "called me by his grace" (1:15). Their message is all about the works of the law, not about God's work of grace in Christ. So obviously their persuasion does not come from God, who always calls by his grace.

Third, false teachers gain control over the whole church (v. 9). Just as a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough, so the negative influence of a few false teachers has penetrated the whole church and is quickly coming to control the direction of the church. False teachers are like that; they seek to dominate every situation in the life of the church.

Fourth, false teachers cause confusion and discouragement (v. 10). When the Galatians were converted, they related to God with the joyful confidence of children, calling him "Abba, Father" through the Spirit. But their confidence in God's grace has been badly shaken by the false teachers, who threaten them with the judgment of God if they do not keep the law of God. They are confused and discouraged. So Paul reassures the Galatians of his confidence in the Lord regarding them: I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. And then he turns the tables on the false teachers by putting them under the judgment of God: The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be.

Fifth, false teachers spread false reports about spiritual leaders. We may infer that verse 11 is Paul's response to a false report that had been given about him. Since the immediate context focuses on the corrupting influence of the false teachers, it seems reasonable to suppose that they claimed Paul's support for their campaign to circumcise the Gentile believers. We don't know on what basis they would have done this. Perhaps if this letter was written after Paul circumcised Timothy, as recorded in Acts 16:3, they may have appealed to that incident. Or maybe they pointed to Paul's own willingness to continue his Jewish way of life even after his conversion (see 1 Cor 9:20). Whatever their basis may have been, they gave a false report about Paul to strengthen their own position.

Paul had, of course, preached circumcision before his conversion. He had been "extremely zealous for the traditions" of Judaism (1:14). But after his conversion he preached the cross of Christ as the only way of salvation. True, he continued to support Jewish Christian adherence to the traditional Jewish way of life. But he consistently resisted anyone who tried to "force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs" (2:14). That was a key point of his autobiography (1:13--2:21). Paul proves that the report that he is still preaching circumcision is false by pointing to the fact that he is being persecuted (5:11). Both non-Christian Jews and many Christian Jews fiercely opposed him precisely because he did not require circumcision. His refusal to require circumcision clearly implied that it was not necessary to belong to the Jewish nation to belong to the covenant people of God. By denying the exclusive claim of the Jewish people to be the only true people of God, Paul seemed to deny the reason for the Jewish people's very existence. No wonder, then, that they persecuted him from one country to another. If Paul had preached circumcision, then he would not have been persecuted by the Jews. By preaching circumcision, he would have been communicating that it was necessary to belong to the Jewish nation because the salvation of God was available only to those within this nation.

Paul says in verse 11 that if he has communicated that salvation is only in the Jewish nation by preaching circumcision, the offense of the cross has been abolished. For then the message that salvation is only through the cross of Christ would have been denied. The offense of the cross is that it denies a "most favored nation" status, a "superior race" category, as the reason for God's blessing. For the blessing of God comes only through the cross, where the judgment of God upon all was removed by Christ's death (see 3:13-14). The message of Christ crucified is offensive not only to Jews but also to the pride of all who want to claim some personal merit as the basis of God's approval.

Sixth, false teachers emphasize sensational rituals. Verse 12 sounds terribly harsh and crude, but we must interpret it in its historical and cultural context. It would indeed have been a sensational ceremony if all the male members of the Galatian churches had been circumcised by the false teachers. But then, Paul says, somewhat sarcastically, if they really want to put on a sensational show, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves! He is probably referring here to a barbaric ritual that actually took place in his day in Galatian pagan temples. The priests of Cybele, the mother goddess of the earth, castrated themselves with ritual pincers and placed their testicles in a box. (Such a box is now on display in the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge, England.) The false teachers were leading the Galatian Christians to think that the ritual of circumcision was a sacred act that would bring them into fellowship with God. But Paul has already said that "in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value" (v. 6). Now he puts the ritual of circumcision in the same category as the ritual castration of the Galli, the priests of the mother-goddess of the earth, Cybele; it had no more significance to the Gentile Christians than any of the other barbaric, bloody rituals practiced in the ancient world.

So Paul has totally discredited the value of circumcision and the motives of the false teachers who want to impose it upon the churches in Galatia. They only "want to make a good impression outwardly" (6:12); they want to boast in their sensational ceremony (see 6:13). Since their motive is to put on an impressive ritual show, they might as well learn a few lessons from the pagan priests, who really know how to put on a good show when it comes to using a knife on the human body!

It is never pleasant to expose the deceptive, destructive tactics of the "false brothers." But it is necessary to do so in order to protect the freedom of fellow Christians. Of course circumcision is not an issue today. But we are constantly faced with a choice between different religious options. They are not all the same; they are not all spokes on a wheel leading to the same hub. Some religious options lead to slavery and imprisonment. Only by obedience to the truth of the gospel of Christ can we protect the freedom that is ours in Christ.

From Bible Gateway
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2011
newmi:

It is this Spirit of truth spoken of by Jesus that exposes any form of falsehood in the light of the all encompassing and accurately infinitive wisdom of the Father.
We can shed light on wrong teaches and erring doctrines but you see the mistake many of these people who flaunt themselves on an ostentatious display of pride and ignorance claiming and ascribing to themselves the task of exposing false prophets is that a wrong or false doctribg or teachind does equal to a false teacher of prophet because many it simple the level if their revelation and exposure to the word of God.
Acts 19:1-5
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Nonsense.

Paul mentioned names and so did many of the apostles.

It is these people who are ruining the name of Christianity and people like you who assist them to deceive multitudes.

Even though I did not personally make the video, I posted it here for Christians particularly to see the massive contrast between the life style of these men and the surrounding poverty and despair.

Nigeria is almost swamped with these type of men, GOD never appointed a man to have so much power and influence over the brethren, this is heresy.

We are all equal and to be subject to each other.

Nigerians , many of them are deceived because thye like it so. They love sermons that boost their pride, egos and greedy desire for more of this worlds goods.

This is a word for you from the bible.

"the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?" - Jeremiah 5:31
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by newmi(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2011
Nonsense, rubbish call it whatever may wish you know what for all l care it inconsequential. Now don't take ne out of cobtext, throughout the reference l sited from the book of Acts 17, l didn't see any instance where the apistle paul rounded off those who perhaps responsible for teaching them a staled truth as being false teachers.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by newmi(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2011
@ frosbel
Nonsense, rubbish call it whatever may wish you know what for all l care it inconsequential. Now don't take ne out of cobtext, throughout the reference l sited from the book of Acts 17, l didn't see any instance where the apistle paul rounded off those who perhaps responsible for teaching them a staled truth as being false teachers.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
WARNING OF SIN AND ERROR IS NOT GOSSIP. Marking false teachers and warning about compromisers is not gossip or slander. Paul warned of false teachers and compromisers by name no less than ten times in 1 and 2 Timothy alone.

If a church leader publicly teaches error or commits a serious sin that would disqualify him or otherwise does something that people should be warned about, it is not gossip or slander for men of God to describe the problem publicly.

I have often been charged with being a slanderer or a busybody when I have named men such as Billy Graham or Jerry Falwell or James Dobson and have warned about their errors. This is not slander, though. I have the right and responsibility as a preacher to mark those who depart from the Word of God. I do not have to get their permission to do so, and I do not have to approach them first. If their error is public and persistent, my responsibility is to warn of them publicly, just as Paul did in regard to Hymenaeus and Alexander (1 Tim. 1:20), Phygellus and Hermogenes (2 Tim. 1:15), Hymenaeus and Philetus (2 Tim. 2:17), Demas (2 Tim. 4:10), and Alexander the coppersmith (2 Tim. 4:14-15). Slander is spreading ill founded, untrue things about others with the intent to injure them.

http://www.wayoflife.org/database/whatisgossip.html
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Iranoladun(f): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2011
good work Frosbel
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by xteria: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
though all the posters facts many not be completely true, it is needful for us (God's ppl) to speak up on some of these issues just so that these guys will be a lil more sensitive and socially responsible. if they continue in the perceived flamboyance and celebrity lifestyle they will keep passing the wrong message to the same ppl they are called to reach out to. However, in all fairness to them, i have heard of several social programs run by some of these ministries and may be they have chosen not to make a lot of noise about them following the scripture that says not to blow trumpets after giving alms. But then again, we will all agree that the fact that Nigeria is one of the countries with the most churches in the world and yet ranks among the most corrupt and poorest countries of the world speaks volumes about the need for a paradigm shift in the focus of the messages preached by our MOGs.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by oloriooko(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
Rubbish, ignorance gone on rampage. jobless gossip.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by tunnytox(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
@OP

While I agree with you that men of God should not be accumulating wealth as it is against the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ and even the apostles, the video to me is more of propaganda sort of. The reason is its never the duties of the church to build roads, reconstruct a village or government infrastructures.

however, having said that there nothing wrong if the churches decide to use their massive wealth to help the less priviledge rather than buying a private jet. In my honest opinion there is absolutely no reason for any Nigerian pastor to have a private jet while many of their congregation are suffering with no jobs, medical care etc. flights are always available to travel to anywhere in the world to preach the word of God! apart from that I have always say this that there're still a lot to cover in Nigeria to an extent that I do not see any reason for our pastors to be globe trotting while their house is on fire!

But this accumulation of wealth by our ministers is not the only problem in christendom, the biggest problem is the brainwashing of our incoming generation with all these useless prosperity, seed sowing bull''sh''it. Many young Christian now resort to sowing seed, fasting and praying and neglecting the need to do the right things at the right time. The Nigerians mindset are now towards prayer and sowing seed. Ask a Nigerian what can be done to improve our infrastructures, security and fight corruption a typical Nigerian reply will be to pray! while prayer is a very good thing and a weapon of our faith it is useless if we fail to do the right things at the right time!

Imagine a brother giving a testimony about how he passed and examination he never sat for! while he should be reading and preparing for this examination he was busy praying and doing all sorts of other spritual things, he fasted on the day of the examination and slept off due to exhaustion, he woke up hours later after the examination has ended but according to him his name came out as one of those who passed this paper, a paper he never sat for! he should have known that this is a mistake and as a Christian confess and re-sit for the paper properly but he's giving a testimony that God miraculously make him pass the paper, i wonder what sort of example christians like that are setting for others.

The early apostles according to Acts chapter 2 were together in one accord no member of their congragation was rich while others are staving, those who have enough shared what they have with the less priviledged among them but now many pastors believe it is right to showcase your wealth and even oppress your church members with wealth.

SMH!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by debosky(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2011
I disagree with a lot of the things in the first video - not in defence of the people mentioned as such, but the often unverifiable claims made therein.

Firstly, it is not the church's role to build roads or repair infrastructure - isn't that the government's role?

Of course there can be targeted assistance of less privileged people, and many of the organisations mentioned are doing that - even though they can do more. That they are not doing enough in one area or the other does not make them false prophets - if that were the case then we are all false prophets because there are areas in our lives we can do better.

Besides, the mere fact that the churches have accumulated wealth does not make them false preachers - I would have expected the first video to be exposing their teachings that are false instead of this focus on who they should be helping/not helping from a financial standpoint.

Pointing to their villages, are the men mentioned supposed to divert church funds to repair their hometowns? undecided Just what was this video intended to do?

Even if they spent all the church resources on helping the poor, would it eliminate those poor people or all the suffering pictured? undecided

I also find it quite hypocritical in a sense - this person who has deemed his/herself a 'judge' of pastors - how much has he contributed to the poor? Does he/she have kids 'schooling abroad'? Would he/she forfeit his/her nice car just to help the 'poor'?

There is something wrong if the church simply becomes a way to become 'popular' and 'rich', but it is grossly inappropriate to make these types of assertions so blandly.
If there are issues with intentional, persistent false doctrine, that is what should be identified first and foremost. Yes judge their fruits by all means, but do so after making an effort to find out what they are doing to help the underprivileged and don't engage in pointless sensationalism.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
And what is wrong with prosperity. If the God I serve can't change my situation, he's not a God. Jesus died for our total prosperity. How can you be complaining that people are poor yet you have no solution, the only solution they have is a message of prosperity which reaches them how to prosper. Yet you criticise it. Jesus taught on prosperity,paul and other apostles taught on prosperity. Old testament teaches on prosperity. Where did you get your own from? It's simply from religious mind. If you don't believe in the blessing of God in people lives, stay in your poverty and let those who believe enjoy Gods blessing.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
sandysprax:

Hmmmnnnn,!!! frosbel u are really putting in a lot of time to this. Is anything in it for u? . As far as i am concerned, the catholic church is and still remains the only christian institution .

While others are labouring to bring sinners into Gods kingdom . You're busy doing satanic work discouraging souls from the salvation .

Besides as I said in other posts . What forms a false prophet?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by mabell: 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2011
sandysprax:

Hmmmnnnn,!!! frosbel u are really putting in a lot of time to this. Is anything in it for u? . As far as i am concerned, the catholic church is and still remains the only christian institution i know for now.Need i remind u that the immediate past pope died with just a pair of shoes an was buried in a shoddy coffin.For your information, Popes dont amass wealth, i dont know where u get your information from. Are u aware there are so many charity organisations like St. Vincent de Paul (for poor people) in the catholic church that are set up specifically for helping the poor, the Parish Action Committee on Aids (for helping pple living with HIV/AIDS) and numerous others like that, u can as well research on that.

Well done frosbel, you are really winning souls for the Christ
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

And what is wrong with prosperity.  If the God I serve can't change my situation, he's not a God. Jesus died for our total prosperity. How can you be complaining that people are poor yet you have no solution, the only solution they have is a message of prosperity which reaches them how to prosper. Yet you criticise it. Jesus taught on prosperity,paul and other apostles taught on prosperity. Old testament teaches on prosperity. Where did you get your own from? It's simply from religious mind. If you don't believe in the blessing of God in people lives, stay in your poverty and let those who believe enjoy Gods blessing.

Wow , your mind is so set on the things of the world  undecided

"They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth." -Philppians 3:19

"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." - Colossians 3:2
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by muyoto: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
that he owns a private jet and did not channel funds from the church to better the lives of people in his hometown makes the pastor a false prophet?

@poster,

thread carefully.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

While others are labouring to bring sinners into Gods kingdom . You're busy doing satanic work discouraging souls from the salvation .

Besides as I said in other posts . What forms a false prophet?

Tell me which ones are you bringing into the kingdom. You preach the gospel of salvation and then destroy their souls with false doctrine. Shocking. !!!

Nigeria is saturated with the gospel, what we now need to do is to free the sheep from the false shepherds.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
I posted this in the other thread. I hope you will be humble enough to think on these truths.

You don't show the fruit of someone who understands the bible well. You are only following your own lust  In slandering ministers . Apostle John which you're quoting makes us know how to identify false prophets . It's through their doctrines . Not because they have wealth.

1 John 4:2-3
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Now the question is ,the men whom you slander, have they faulted according to the scripture above? No. So what forms your opinion.

A false minister will deny Jesus lordship .

2 Peter 2:1
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction

So these ministers whom you're slandering before unbelievers on the Internet have they denied the lordship of Jesus. These are men who profess Jesus openly and have led many unto salvation.

1 John 4:15
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

The ministers whom you are slandering, have they confessed other wise?

Besides ,let's assume you're right. If they are not of God , did God give us mandate to start attacking people?. God says we should avoid them. You avoid them personally. Don't listen to them. Because in your attack , you destroy the faith of many people from the house of God. I know you don't have a pastor or a local church where you are committed . But you dont have to destroy the faith of others because God will hold you for their blood!

you can't take laws into your hand by fighting a fight God didn't send you. Jesus knows what to do with false prophets. The Word Is clear on that.

2 Peter 2:1
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

It's clear here , he said they will bring upon themselves swift destruction ! Are you the holyghost who will purge his Church? 

The scrupture bellow  clarify Jesus stand on issues like this.

Matthew 13:24-30
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this.  The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn

This is the bible standard. It's like husband and wife fighting in the presence of the children . No matter how right you think you are ,you are wrong. You are injuring christ. You rather give me impression of false brethren who move to and fro. They always despise those who are in spiritual authority. Satan hates ministers with a passion. If anyone is false ,judgement of God will come on them. How do we safeguard people from false prophet .it's simple teach the truth. That's all. Not name calling.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by debosky(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
To be clear - I am 100% in support of exposing false prophets, more pertinently, exposing wrong teaching as once someone knows right from wrong, he/she can recognise the wrong teaching regardless of who teaches it.

We need to expose those who are persistently, intentionally teaching things contrary to the bible. You cannot really say you are bringing people to Christ if you are only doing so for them to be deceived and led astray.

Let's avoid blanket condemnations and tarring everyone with the same brush and focus on attacking the specific instances of false teaching.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by aletheia(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

While others are labouring to bring sinners into Gods kingdom. . .
Pharisees have never lacked proselytizing zeal.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

And what is wrong with prosperity.  If the God I serve can't change my situation, he's not a God. Jesus died for our total prosperity. How can you be complaining that people are poor yet you have no solution, the only solution they have is a message of prosperity which reaches them how to prosper. Yet you criticise it. Jesus taught on prosperity,paul and other apostles taught on prosperity. Old testament teaches on prosperity. Where did you get your own from? It's simply from religious mind. If you don't believe in the blessing of God in people lives, stay in your poverty and let those who believe enjoy Gods blessing.

Absolutely , bewilderingly, astonishingly, unbelievably and scarily impossible to believe that you made the statement that JESUS died for our monetary prosperity. Wow. He died for our Spiritual prosperity. If you want physical prosperity , work hard ,pray , be honest and you will make it.

STOP Milking GOD'S SHEEP !!

Jesus died for our Sins.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is an atonement for our sins not atonement for MONEY.

Paul and Jesus preached endlessly against prosperity pimps. And yet , here you are with your horde of Christ Embassy itching ears Sheeple twisting the scriptures to suit your carnal desires.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mike Davids: I Received Instructions From God To Apologize To Apostle Suleman / Prophet Oladele Genesis Gives Widow Church Offering, Salary / Mermaid (mammy Water) Found After Tsunami (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.