Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,164 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. (31243 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by gigabyte13: 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2023
You dey Happy say you dey your Papa house
You dey use your innocent aged mother as excuse to continually live there....
If to say
Your Papa sef dey him Papa house marry your mama, you think say, you go get house to call your own....
Let me tell you straight up
You be lazy foooooooooool
Any girl wey agree to marry you eeeehn
Her future POVERTY go raise to power infinity.
You sef go dey tell girl say
Come to my house abi...
Your house abi your Papa house
If you no get shame
I dey help you shame oooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Bliss52: 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2023
oguns222:

Report me and I too Will report you. Two can play.

Dude act maturely a d stop quoting me
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Acidosis(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
Staying in your parent's house because of poverty is not a good thing. However, for rich folks, no issues.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Clinghton: 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
If you're the one providing for your aged mother I see no reason why you should leave.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by candygist: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

I shamed most men not only Op, and I'll continue to shame you all if you don't stop creating threads about arguments and fightings on inheritance and properties.

Any man that get married to you may die of depression. Bcus it's ladies like your type that will frustrate a man for not bringing enough to the table, compering your husband with other peoples husband and broke shaming. You don't even have anything to your name if we check well.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by LydayBobo(m): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
Don't let peer pressure tension you.
I am 36 entering 37 few month from now and I still live with my mother.
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.
I just need to refurbished it and I am good with my wives and kids.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

That's where you are wrong no one is praying for anyone's death.
It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.
Whatever makes you happy
Happy new year in advance.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Exedyne: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
At 33 I still live with my parents and I send no body

Any girl wey no dey comfortable with that make she Park well

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by uuzba(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.
Times and economy have changed.
The ease of getting jobs in the 60s is different from now, 2023.
There was a time you only had to attend school. Once you come out, jobs are waiting for you.
Proper salary to build house, buy car, marry wife.
Nowadays, basic school is not enough.
You will add, University, then add masters degree, then add PHD...
Then still run up and down with CV begging and crying for job.
then licking your boss ass, to keep the job for fear of being sacked...
Just to earn LESS value than what your father earned during his time.
Yes this is happening both here NIgeria and in foreign nations as well.

4 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by AbujaLagos: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
@36 wa gbayi undecided
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by uksam007: 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2023
King Charles still dey live for him mama house. So no bad thing there's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Blankstare(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2023
Empresa:
Go and check your life. Even when things are manipulated spiritually, it always look normal in real life

Forget that thing! gone are the days when opportunities and luck spread everywhere, every part of the globe is now competitive. Nothing day outside anymore, O.p can still make it from his parent's home if he's well strategic.

3 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by tellwisdom: 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Except you are an illiterate, ignorant, intentionally unenlightened, or chose to live in a cave, a sane grown up adult shouldn't be asking these questions, but then, sound mind usually escape most of you when trying to make baseless points.

Tell him you have yansh and breassst
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Boyooosa(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2023
Yeah, depends on what you are doing with your life.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by nedekid: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.
Oga, the fact he stays with his parents does not mean he might not own his own property.
If his parents are old and obviously need the company, people around to take care of them, the pleasure of seeing and playing with their grand kids, then there is nothing wrong in that.
Do you know that is the best life you can give your aged parents in vulnerable age?
Lots of elderly folks, especially the men are suffering from loneliness, no care etc. Most have the problem of kids that relocated abroad. Most times the mothers have to go stay for Long periods visiting all the kids while the man is left all on his own. You see men in his 70s, 80s cooking himself or going to buy mama put. There is no way you will pay stewards, helps etc that they will give the best to aged parents.
A friend few months ago had to fly in from the US to move his sick dad to a better hospital for treatment, hire a new care giver, then flew out within 1 week because of work, modgage payments etc in the US.
Read about the Indians, pakistanis, jews, Arabs.
If op, stays with them, saves his rent money, uses it to care for them, build his own personal house, he may move along with them. For now, why waste money renting?
https://youtube.com/shorts/zSubmAg-9Js?si=V_L6D-h9T4ccLUPO
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2023
Brother, enjoy what's working for you,as long as you aren't committing any evil.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by uuzba(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
You are shaking your head against Nigerian cultures.
It is white men in foreign lands that don't have villages. Once they turn 18, they leave their parents home and survive anyhow.
The parents don't leave anything for them. They sell off the house and donate the money to charity or take cruise ship around the world.
There is NO VILLAGE NO HERITAGE. NOTHING.
Here in Nigeria, we MUST HAVE village. Some property MUST REMAIN behind.
And that property is what is given to the children. That is just our collective culture.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Nehyooh(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
What's this lady talking about my people? Your claim get k-leg, so auntie rest I beg grin
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by olamilekan9(m): 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
Same here,dad late mom aged,so i let my mom & sisters occupy one of the three bedroom flat while i and my wife flex the other three bedroom flat,as a matter of fact, i plan to buy a land and build my own house soon but will still not relocate there instead i will rent it out.This my papa house i love am die..but im just 27 sha
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by porthouse7(f): 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

how u come Dey Bleep, na that one concern me
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Iamzik: 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Check out most threads here on inheritance and fighting for properties, it is always created by men which is embarrassing and disgraceful, Op for instance is proud of living in his father's house, if he has any atom of shame, he wouldn't come here to boost about it

My point is, if men are able to toil and make a name for themselves through various achievements, inheriting parents properties will only be seen as an added advantage, not something to fight and scream over.

Why do you think it is a shameful or embarrassing to inherit your parents properties? Do your parents own properties??
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Almunjid(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Except you are an illiterate, ignorant, intentionally unenlightened, or chose to live in a cave, a sane grown up adult shouldn't be asking these questions, but then, sound mind usually escape most of you when trying to make baseless points.
U don't sound reasonable at all. U don't have the moral right to condemn any man still living in his parent's house, that's how it was before white people brain washed u to believe that it's wrong. In many cultures all over the world, families and clans live close to each other. In villages you'll see families live together, built their houses close to each other. A man can live in his parents house till he's financially capable or strong enough to build his own house. And even if he does, he'll still build his home close to his family members. This makes training and upbringing of the children easy for other family members in case one or both parents is late.

Men living in their parents houses shouldn't be ur problem, some families have more than enough rooms to accommodate their members and it's a waste of money renting a room outside. U should worry about little girls who are in haste to leave their parents' houses to engage in prostitution or living in their so called boyfriends rented apartments without marriage, but are quick to condemn decent and obidient men that are still living in their parents' houses.

Most ladies had half-baked home training because they're in haste to leave their parents' houses (due to peer pressure) even when they're not yet ready, that's why even their children born out of wedlock lack proper upbringing. Because they (children) were raised far away from their family members (that could have contributed in their upbringing since they don't have responsible fathers), and the mother is not always there for them, she's always jumping from one bed (diçk) to the other in the name of hookups.

Most women have nothing to offer men than sex and procreation, yet they have standards that if they themselves were men, they can't meet up with. Such a confused gender!

Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by OlawaleBammie: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Read to understand,

Does me saying "most threads" refer to Op alone?
just accept u re a f&&l wey dey misyarn make everybody rest na embarassed
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Number one reason most Nigerians live away from their parents is fornication...

Indians , Pakistani, Arabs all stay with their parents till they get footings

My area brother, stayed comfortably with his parents even with wife and kids, till he built a small bungalow on one of his dads land

advise for the lazy and shallow minds. Your mates are CEOs at same age, why u are comfortable in your family house. Backward thinking. Mtchewwwww
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Owen247: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Only people that grew in struggling homes and rented apartments all their lives have ur mentality.... rich folks don't think like u ...

Happy new year too you in.... That fountain or abi fence of youth no get common sense. She's just overtly blinded by hatred for men, i wonder why.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Ashirioluwa: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2023
How you live your life is your personal choice, no one cares.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by PastorFire: 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

You are a disgrace to Men!
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Honestly you said it all, come and see many abandoned houses here, parents are no more children has also vanished all in the name of I don't want to stay with my parents. Eventually somebody else will inherit the properties what a rubbish the parents efforts are already in vain. Wasted efforts.

Apus:

I pity old parents who built big houses thinking their children will inherit them.
I have a landed property too and sometimes wonder if the same fate as my parent awaits me. I got the property so others won't see me as a failure. You know our mentality/culture here frowns at you raising a family in your parents house especially after reaching a certain age.

I just built one flat. That won't be too big for me and my wife to live in alone if and when the kids finally move out which will definitely happen. I don't need more than that for now. If I need a second wife, may be I will consider building a second flat grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by maasoap(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
PastorFire:

You are a disgrace to Men!

Lol. On top this life wey go come to an end? Everything has its own time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Caught Her Husband Red Handed, Cheating. / “my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court / Help: My Grandma Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.