Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,230 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? (42888 Views)

Does Your Girlfriend's Past Life Really Matters? / I Fall In Love Before I Realized Her Past Life, Now Am Confused / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Beverlyjean(f): 9:19pm On Jan 26
myami:
how many men fúcked u b4 your husband

I have always known the deal...I dint fall for it...my mom trained me well
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by olowoba2: 9:23pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:
I will try and make this brief and please ignore the errors.

I was with my close friend yesterday evening. While we were chilling together, a call came in on his phone. it was his cousin that called telling what had happened and also seeking his advice. Now this is what happened, this his cousin has been dating this lady for about a year I think and he has already proposed to her and even took her to his parents and siblings. He also visited the lady family and did some introduction. Now April this year has been chosen for the wedding ceremony proper and a date has been fixed. This is where trouble started.

My friend cousin created a WhatsApp group for his wedding ceremony, he added all his friends and some of his classmates to this group so they can join hands and make his wedding day memorable. He posted his wedding IV to the group and some pictures of him and the lady, one of his old time classmate recognized her and immediately called him for a private meeting for urgent discussions.

He visited him the next day and this guy told him everything about his fiancée. How she used to be a stripper in Lagos clubs years back and how he and his friends had wild 3some with her. She used to base in Lagos as a call girl but relocated to Abuja and that’s where she met my friend cousin. After all these revelation this guy was in deep pain as he had already gone far with the weeding preparations. Of course his old time classmate advised him not to marry her, but this guy loves her so much and he is in a big dilemma of what to do next. As he thinking of leaving the country and go start life with her elsewhere.

Can such past truly be overlooked?

After my friend explained everything to me, I was just short of words but of course I advised he shouldn’t marry her. What advice would you give him in such a situation my fellow Nlanders ?
The guy must not be blindfolded by “love” or emotions. An olosho will also be an olosho.
The gal has probably noticed that the guy is naive and easy to deceive, as I am almost 100% certain the red flags must have been apparent in the relationship.
If he doesn’t detach now, he will regret it later. I’m 100% sure of that.
Tell the guy to RUN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Testate(m): 9:36pm On Jan 26
skj1377:
Your story happens every day. My ex fiance confessed to me after we broke up that she went into hookup shortly before law school.
She accidentally posted a guys picture on her Facebook account as her fiancee. The outcome of that was such that the guy left her while she closed her Facebook account permanently.
For a woman her past is nearby. My ex eventually married an " unlucky guy" . I heard she is born again now.
Bro, you are right. I see this shiit everyday in Abeokuta that is a very tiny city o.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Testate(m): 9:48pm On Jan 26
Saidfx:
This piece is outright fake but nothing new under the sun. Stripper go far and 3some nah p0rn. Don't go there!

Bro, i see stuffs like this every day in Abeokuta. The painful part is that most of the guys are not aware of the kind of skeletons their girls have in their cupboard.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Kemadealadire(f): 9:52pm On Jan 26
It's her past, if your friend's cousin isn't a virgin then they are both fair and square.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Xkale1996(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

I was with my close friend yesterday evening. While we were chilling together, a call came in on his phone. it was his cousin that called telling what had happened and also seeking his advice. Now this is what happened, this his cousin has been dating this lady for about a year I think and he has already proposed to her and even took her to his parents and siblings. He also visited the lady family and did some introduction. Now April this year has been chosen for the wedding ceremony proper and a date has been fixed. This is where trouble started.

My friend cousin created a WhatsApp group for his wedding ceremony, he added all his friends and some of his classmates to this group so they can join hands and make his wedding day memorable. He posted his wedding IV to the group and some pictures of him and the lady, one of his old time classmate recognized her and immediately called him for a private meeting for urgent discussions.

He visited him the next day and this guy told him everything about his fiancée. How she used to be a stripper in Lagos clubs years back and how he and his friends had wild 3some with her. She used to base in Lagos as a call girl but relocated to Abuja and that’s where she met my friend cousin. After all these revelation this guy was in deep pain as he had already gone far with the weeding preparations. Of course his old time classmate advised him not to marry her, but this guy loves her so much and he is in a big dilemma of what to do next. As he thinking of leaving the country and go start life with her elsewhere.

After my friend explained everything to me, I was just short of words but of course I advised he shouldn’t marry her. What advice would you give him in such a situation my fellow Nlanders ?
nawa o three some na ex olosho him wan marry na
With her over used kpekus

He should run away from her o

Let him not marry her o

She might continue cheating on him o

Let him look for a decent lady to marry

Which mumu love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:
My dear, in the grand theater of relationships, honesty is the leading lady, and it seems she's been backstage for quite a while.

"Your friend's cousin" is faced with quite the Shakespearean dilemma, a tragic tale of past indiscretions surfacing on the eve of matrimonial bliss. Now, my friend, while people can evolve and change, transparency is key. If a partner hides a history as colorful as a disco ball, it raises questions about the foundation of trust.

Sure, everyone has a past, but keeping it a secret until the eleventh hour is a tad dramatic, don't you think? My advice? Open the curtains, let the truth take a bow, and then decide if the leading lady deserves a standing ovation or a polite exit. After all, a marriage built on trust and mutual understanding is far more likely to weather life's storms than one shrouded in secrecy and uncertainty. 🎭💔
You have said it all. I love girls that blow all there past while chatting, though I have away of making people air it out. I don't judge but readily trust them because they have nothing to hide.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by cybriz82(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26
Relationship expert everywhere 😂 but make una no forget wetin marriage women fit do this days..I dnt judge some of this girls with there past ooooo afterall na we men till dey climb them..no b them dey climb themself n some of them are just trying to survive when without any help or job from anywhere..I knw someone wey dey do hookup just to feed n take care of her sch stuff n now she’s a graduate now work in a bank..
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by JessicaRabbit(f): 10:11pm On Jan 26
maasoap:

I asked as well. She claimed that (according to the fiance) she didn't want to scare him away (that she's not stupid to have informed during the courtship).

Well, not wanting to scare someone away with your life experiences is not stupidity, it's self-preservation in a world that judges women harshly. But claiming transparency while omitting key details? Now that's playing with fire. More dialogue, less judging, please.

I think it has to do with not disclosing vital health status when it mattered most. And it was the last straw for the fiance. The lady said it was a mistake, the man said it was intentional.

Labeling someone untrustworthy based on his interpretation of one "mistake" is a red flag bigger than a matador's cape. We need context, not convenient labels.

He usually complained of lack of communication from her side but I don't understand why he allowed the relationship to get this stage

Hold on, honey. Don't victim-blame the leaky faucet when the pipes haven't been fixed. He complained, sure, but did he actively listen, create safe spaces for her to share, or respect her boundaries (ahem, phone password)? Blaming communication solely on one person is like ignoring the whole orchestra when the tuba's off-key.

I thought the same thing but just needed a second opinion from a female who could be objective because I knew what 10 out 10 responses from men would be grin grin grin

I risk sounding pedantic here, but I need to emphasize that objectivity thrives on individual voices, not gendered assumptions. Trust your gut, not stereotypes. This ain't a men vs. women thing, it's a complex situation needing nuance, not pre-written scripts.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by cybriz82(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26
More over this days na olosho dey quick marry this days so what are we not saying abeg 😂 😂 😂
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Seunpapa65: 10:24pm On Jan 26
Make e no lead to this

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:25pm On Jan 26
mabea:
The thing is they don't heed good counsel and they often want to eat their cakes and have it who does that.

You just said it all. After doing all that nonsense they will now look for one innocent guy to marry. They never marry their type
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Ed12(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26
Women, you should understand your past is important to men as a man future is important to you.

Do well within you not to have a rotten past, resist all forms of temptation or guide your chastity jealously.

And if eventually, you unfortunately make your past horrible especially sensually, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT YOUR PAST.

Nature will do it thing wether to judge or forgive you.

God is nature
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26
Jacksparrow7:
What if she forgot. Or She knew something was missing but just couldn't remember. She tried but couldn't remember. Only a mad man will marry a woman that he caught redhanded in the act while in the relationship. But i trust the man is not mad, so she has not cheated in the relationship. Let him speak with her. They should talk about it.

Lol forget ke ? Ladies don't forget such lol
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:30pm On Jan 26
Pinicop:
In the first place, the tipster should mind his own business.

It's a high time people stop poking noise into other people's affairs.

Will you say same thing If it was your brother that is about marrying a stripper and you found out ?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Ed12(m): 10:37pm On Jan 26
Now that I have read the story..

I can say the guy didn't vet the lady properly, he is rushing to fast to settle down.

The girl is playing a marriage script for the guy.

The guy is preparing to dig his own burial while still alive by having plans to take the girl where she will be emboldened by damaged women like herself and empower by government to show the guy shege promax..

He should thread carefully.

Normally, in a natural society, A woman will treat you as a king until you discover her secrets,

Now imagine in a society where things are tilted in her favour, my brother use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by TRAPLORD13: 10:37pm On Jan 26
I will confront her and hear what she has to say.
Her response and remorse or lack of it will determine my next move.
It's possible she has turned a new leaf and wants to start a family.
We are all humans after all
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Danzakidakura(m): 10:40pm On Jan 26
gameova:
It depends on what the past is
change is not just parmanent but inevitable.

The lady can change.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:47pm On Jan 26
gare2510:
If she was the one that told me herself, i would have looked at other factors and maybe try to rationalize but she didnt tell me somebody else did, i will just confirm from her and dump her.

Even if she first tell you herself. You wouldn't date her again.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by jaszplus12(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

People vary in their ability to absorb some tough life's shots. The ball is in his court, if he goes ahead with the wedding fine, but I'll advise he does medical checks to determine her fertility and other statuses
If also he can bear the name calling, the peer and parental pressure and get real repentance and dedication from the girl, few years hence no one will find time to talk about it again.
Cooperation from the lady is key.
I once mentioned that in every town or village there's always the girl that every guy sleeps with, even strangers take turns on her, well, I know two of these kind, and I can tell you they married from the village and their husbands were adamant even when everyone was against the marriage! This was about 27 years ago today if anyone asks , no one can even bother...life has taken all the negative comments away!!
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Proserpina: 11:16pm On Jan 26
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by jaxxy(m): 11:37pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

In this situation can such past truly be overlooked?

The guys who had the 3some with her are saints bt she's sinner? i think those friends involved her are red flags also but yes the girls fvckd up and should deal with the consequences.

However I'm more concerned and who she currently is and how long she has changed to this new image/ lifestyle if at all changed.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by meetcharles: 11:38pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:
My dear, in the grand theater of relationships, honesty is the leading lady, and it seems she's been backstage for quite a while.

"Your friend's cousin" is faced with quite the Shakespearean dilemma, a tragic tale of past indiscretions surfacing on the eve of matrimonial bliss. Now, my friend, while people can evolve and change, transparency is key. If a partner hides a history as colorful as a disco ball, it raises questions about the foundation of trust.

Sure, everyone has a past, but keeping it a secret until the eleventh hour is a tad dramatic, don't you think? My advice? Open the curtains, let the truth take a bow, and then decide if the leading lady deserves a standing ovation or a polite exit. After all, a marriage built on trust and mutual understanding is far more likely to weather life's storms than one shrouded in secrecy and uncertainty. 🎭💔
You, my friend, are an excellent poet! About the topic at hand, this man better japa🏃🏃for his and his kindred's sake. She was secretive about her past. Ain't worth the wahala abeg.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by BALLOSKI: 11:40pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

In this situation can such past truly be overlooked?
You sure say no be you be the "cousin" in this story?

You're in love with a stripper.

I don't know how I'll settle down with someone who has had 3some before and those she did that with even know me and I know them. Think of the look they give your wife when she walks past. Love? Fvck it!
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by akube34: 12:17am On Jan 27
yakson84:
Hypocrates of highest order. You enjoy to watch strippers at clubs but dnt want to marry them. Who do you want to marry them. If you wont marry strippers, dnt go to clubs.
you funny. It’s simple, we enjoy watching those things, but we know is not morally right. So who will marry dem is their problem not mine
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by aestake: 2:34am On Jan 27
malaria:
This is one reason why you open up to your future partner about you. If he or she is matured mature enough tohandle it then nothing can break you people. Once you start hearing stories from outsiders, problem don start be that .Marriage is not a child's play . The groom should question the lady, every angel had a past and every devil was once an angel . No one is perfect .
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by orikoku: 3:23am On Jan 27
Run ooo. Red flag everywhere. I repeat run ooo
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by oluwaahmed: 3:31am On Jan 27
Bitchez be like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by luminouz(m): 3:55am On Jan 27
dejolly:
This situation is very daisy. Everything depends on individual. The guy loves her then he should ask her to tell him the truth. If she’s remorseful and sound repentant then that can be overlooked but as for me, I can’t copy with such past because it will always drag me back anytime I remember.

What you don’t know will will remain unknown. After all, most house wives today have terrible past that is unknown to the men.

If he feels he can copy with her past then he can go ahead or otherwise.
Daisy bawo abi Dicey!!!
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by MrDoGood(m): 4:09am On Jan 27
Elzazzi:

Yes!

I used to say never when I was a kid.

They can choose a private life and never run for political office else his opponent will definitely use that against him and it will create a debt. I do believe some people do truly change for the best.

If he can take the past and move, I think he should go ahead. The only betrayal here is the girl not discussing about her past with him. Most people can take it and nothing anymore would say will shock them anymore. That's the only downside here. He should confront her and discuss with her. If she denies and the guy has no evidence, maybe it's not her. People look alike and the story can look exactly like theirs. She would want to keep her man at all cost and say she's seen it all. There's nothing outside and new to her anymore. Unless it's in her DNA
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Pinicop(m): 4:38am On Jan 27
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Will you say same thing If it was your brother that is about marrying a stripper and you found out ?

I would say it if it's my father that will marry her.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by gfelo(m): 4:48am On Jan 27
Can a leopard ever wash off its spot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Loving Tips About Canadian Girls And Women In Canada / Nigerian Lady Finds Love On Tiktok And Ends Up In Marriage / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.