Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? (42873 Views)

Does Your Girlfriend's Past Life Really Matters? / I Fall In Love Before I Realized Her Past Life, Now Am Confused / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by maasoap(m): 5:59pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:
My dear, in the grand theater of relationships, honesty is the leading lady, and it seems she's been backstage for quite a while.

"Your friend's cousin" is faced with quite the Shakespearean dilemma, a tragic tale of past indiscretions surfacing on the eve of matrimonial bliss. Now, my friend, while people can evolve and change, transparency is key. If a partner hides a history as colorful as a disco ball, it raises questions about the foundation of trust.

Sure, everyone has a past, but keeping it a secret until the eleventh hour is a tad dramatic, don't you think? My advice? Open the curtains, let the truth take a bow, and then decide if the leading lady deserves a standing ovation or a polite exit. After all, a marriage built on trust and mutual understanding is far more likely to weather life's storms than one shrouded in secrecy and uncertainty. 🎭💔

This is the second time your posts would attract my attention, your contributions are superb and your writing skill is good. I had to guess that you're new here but after I checked, you have been here for almost a year but rarely post.

I wanted to pm you but no need. Here is what I need your opinion on, an unbiased female opinion. A lady told her current fiance that she was married before and had a stillbirth before the marriage collapsed. She is pregnant for him now. Some issues came up and that FORCED the lady to tell her fiance that she had five miscarriages in her previous marriage in addition to the stillbirth. Now, the fiance is rethinking going ahead with the relationship despite the issue of pregnancy. Citing that the lady can't be trusted.
In addition, she wouldn't reveal her phone's password/pin to her fiance and intentionally or "mistakenly" put his life in harm's way. I don't know what to say because of the pregnancy involved.

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Greenfusion: 6:05pm On Jan 26
This life na very funny life, for me sha, e go hard me.....but "who is she now?", this question matter.

Funnily, such person might become the best wife tomorrow ....the life nor balance, .....
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by AuthorMan: 6:10pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

So because I no get work i go post this kind thing here ? I would have post the Wedding IV but the guy hasn’t confronted the lady yet and he’s still pondering on what action he will take next. It’s funny as you said it’s fake as if such things don’t happen. Well it doesn’t matter if you believe or not. I only posted so others can learn, especially ladies

Don't mind the kids on Nairaland. Everything is fake. Ignoring them is the best treatment.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Successlane: 6:12pm On Jan 26
iLegendd:
The rule is:

A woman's past is the most important thing to a man.

A man's future is the most important thing to a woman.

Whoever goes against this will regret. If you marry a man with no future, you'll regret as a woman. If you marry a woman with a terrible past that you're already aware of, it will haunt you for life and you'll regret marrying her.

Words of WISDOM!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by vivalavida(m): 6:12pm On Jan 26
This issue is yours and not that of any imaginary cousin.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Konquest: 6:15pm On Jan 26
iLegendd:
The rule is:

Whoever goes against this will regret. If you marry a man with no future, you'll regret as a woman. If you marry a woman with a terrible past that you're already aware of, it will haunt you for life and you'll regret marrying her.

Very succinct.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by AuthorMan: 6:15pm On Jan 26
eepeepook:
1. Fake story.

2. If real, the guy would marry her. Out of sight equals out of mind. If presented evidence, he would still push it aside as her past deeds. He may use it against her in future, as far as ten years into the marriage.

3. Wetin dey sweet una about posting lies here? Una no get better thing to do for real life?

Kiddo, you talk as if you are still sucking on your mum's boobs.
You've got no life experience so you don't know a lot happen under the sun.

You labeled it FAKE as if you are a seer. When you grow up years to come you will know worst things happen.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Konquest: 6:16pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:
I will try and make this brief and please ignore the errors.

I was with my close friend yesterday evening. While we were chilling together, a call came in on his phone. it was his cousin that called telling what had happened and also seeking his advice. Now this is what happened, this his cousin has been dating this lady for about a year I think and he has already proposed to her and even took her to his parents and siblings. He also visited the lady family and did some introduction. Now April this year has been chosen for the wedding ceremony proper and a date has been fixed. This is where trouble started.

My friend cousin created a WhatsApp group for his wedding ceremony, he added all his friends and some of his classmates to this group so they can join hands and make his wedding day memorable. He posted his wedding IV to the group and some pictures of him and the lady, one of his old time classmate recognized her and immediately called him for a private meeting for urgent discussions.

He visited him the next day and this guy told him everything about his fiancée. How she used to be a stripper in Lagos clubs years back and how he and his friends had wild 3some with her. She used to base in Lagos as a call girl but relocated to Abuja and that’s where she met my friend cousin. After all these revelation this guy was in deep pain as he had already gone far with the weeding preparations. Of course his old time classmate advised him not to marry her, but this guy loves her so much and he is in a big dilemma of what to do next. As he thinking of leaving the country and go start life with her elsewhere.

Can such past truly be overlooked?

After my friend explained everything to me, I was just short of words but of course I advised he shouldn’t marry her. What advice would you give him in such a situation my fellow Nlanders ?
First off, people look alike and this young lady who is about to get married to your cousin's friend may actually have female lookalikes (or doppelgangers).

Therefore this dude should get MORE FACTS before allowing some guys in the WhatsApp group to mislead him into thinking the person they had a party with was this same girl who is about to get married.

Get your FACTS with due diligence from these guys. Find out if she actually lived in Lagos before moving to Abuja... And ask more succinct questions from the guys who allegedly had threesomes with her. Ask if they remember her using a visible tattoo, birthmarks, scars, etc.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by myami: 6:17pm On Jan 26
davit:
I just pity guys yet to marry these days. Good girl no too dey like that. Our girls don do olosbo finish!
you sabi any virgin make I marry
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by rajiedreez: 6:17pm On Jan 26
No story

Give to the street want belongs to the street and give to your home what belongs to it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by myami: 6:19pm On Jan 26
Beverlyjean:
The devil knows that a woman's master will affect her future negatively...that's y he encourages women to do these stupid stuffs and lie to them that a man should accept a woman's past and that a woman can sleep with as many men as she likes....that's the lie the devil thru his demons used to destroy the world
how many men fúcked u b4 your husband

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Madups(m): 6:19pm On Jan 26
iLegendd:
The rule is:

future? bros i no know say you dey see tomorrow. Been dey look for fortune teller for months now.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by hilaryCU(m): 6:23pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:
My dear, in the grand theater of relationships, honesty is the leading lady, and it seems she's been backstage for quite a while.

"Your friend's cousin" is faced with quite the Shakespearean dilemma, a tragic tale of past indiscretions surfacing on the eve of matrimonial bliss. Now, my friend, while people can evolve and change, transparency is key. If a partner hides a history as colorful as a disco ball, it raises questions about the foundation of trust.

Sure, everyone has a past, but keeping it a secret until the eleventh hour is a tad dramatic, don't you think? My advice? Open the curtains, let the truth take a bow, and then decide if the leading lady deserves a standing ovation or a polite exit. After all, a marriage built on trust and mutual understanding is far more likely to weather life's storms than one shrouded in secrecy and uncertainty. 🎭💔

I can't agree with you less. He should bring it up indirectly and see what the lady will do. Incase, he sees a genuine change in her, he can give it a shot
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Demigod22: 6:24pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:

Honestly, I kept on smiling while reading your commented. You just reminded me of those days in Theatre Arts department, with your dramatically inclined diction, of course. The nolstagia is real.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Zeebuy: 6:26pm On Jan 26
eepeepook:
1. Fake story.

2. If real, the guy would marry her. Out of sight equals out of mind. If presented evidence, he would still push it aside as her past deeds. He may use it against her in future, as far as ten years into the marriage.

3. Wetin dey sweet una about posting lies here? Una no get better thing to do for real life?

What makes you think it's fake? Abi things like this don't happen in real life? My friend had to call off his wedding years back because of same situation
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Zeebuy: 6:26pm On Jan 26
Mrvictorwrite:
Most times it can but you don't need to still look at her past life because it's the past

Men are judged by their present and future. Women are judged by their past.

Go figure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Stanbaba30: 6:27pm On Jan 26
gameova:
It depends on what the past is
Are you high? Did you not read that she was a stripper and an Oloshó? That kind of past is dangerously hazardous.
But the truth is, if she has changed honestly and kept her former ways behind, then that's good. But if I were in his shoes, I'll marry her. You know why, because me my self been no pure. Baddest Baddoo no even reach me until I got JESUS, that means if they put their lives before God, omoor they are good to go.
Keynote here is, there's no one God can't forgive. Show him the spiritual part of it and let God guide him, shîkénañ.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Blitzking: 6:30pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:

Write a book and I will buy it..ur writing is great..did u study dramatic arts?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Zeebuy: 6:31pm On Jan 26
seetomorrow:

My friend give advice comot for road and stop beating around the bush.

Hahaajah....no mind am. Give advise, he dey busy dey tell long story
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Deblow: 6:32pm On Jan 26
Everyone has his/ her past, no doubt, the groom-to-be inclusive. However, some pasts are heavier and more devastating than others. This one is deep, no doubt, considering the fact that she did the "past" in public places where several people must have been involved in her dirty past.
Nonetheless, nothing is not unforgivable in life, especially wen love is involved and thankfully the guy confessed his love for her. I'll advise that if his capacity can bear the burden of forgiving and overlooking her past, he should go ahead with the wedding. He should however let her know about the big revelation about her and listen to her defend it.
But, if he believes he can't bear the burden for life, he should call off the wedding but not without letting her know the reasons behind his actions
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by REGINALD001(m): 6:32pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

I was with my close friend yesterday evening. While we were chilling together, a call came in on his phone. it was his cousin that called telling what had happened and also seeking his advice. Now this is what happened, this his cousin has been dating this lady for about a year I think and he has already proposed to her and even took her to his parents and siblings. He also visited the lady family and did some introduction. Now April this year has been chosen for the wedding ceremony proper and a date has been fixed. This is where trouble started.

My friend cousin created a WhatsApp group for his wedding ceremony, he added all his friends and some of his classmates to this group so they can join hands and make his wedding day memorable. He posted his wedding IV to the group and some pictures of him and the lady, one of his old time classmate recognized her and immediately called him for a private meeting for urgent discussions.

He visited him the next day and this guy told him everything about his fiancée. How she used to be a stripper in Lagos clubs years back and how he and his friends had wild 3some with her. She used to base in Lagos as a call girl but relocated to Abuja and that’s where she met my friend cousin. After all these revelation this guy was in deep pain as he had already gone far with the weeding preparations. Of course his old time classmate advised him not to marry her, but this guy loves her so much and he is in a big dilemma of what to do next. As he thinking of leaving the country and go start life with her elsewhere.

After my friend explained everything to me, I was just short of words but of course I advised he shouldn’t marry her. What advice would you give him in such a situation my fellow Nlanders ?

STILL AFTER ALL THIS "THINGS FALL APART" STORY, YOU STILL DID NOT MIND YOUR BUSINESS.

ONYE ERIRI ERI.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by skj1377(m): 6:33pm On Jan 26
Your story happens every day. My ex fiance confessed to me after we broke up that she went into hookup shortly before law school.
She accidentally posted a guys picture on her Facebook account as her fiancee. The outcome of that was such that the guy left her while she closed her Facebook account permanently.
For a woman her past is nearby. My ex eventually married an " unlucky guy" . I heard she is born again now.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Zeebuy: 6:34pm On Jan 26
Anatolia:

The past can be overlooked in this case because he really loves her. Love covers a multitude of sin. If she was giving him a lot of trouble, then he can let her go but that is not the case here.

Lollzzzzz.....you guys dish out advise you'll never take
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Mrpojj(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

Me I won't marry
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by malaria(f): 6:38pm On Jan 26
CorrectionFLuid:

This is the thing with you women.

Accountability!

See how you've just pushed the consequences of bad behavior on "maturity of the man".

Tufiakwa.
English is not difficult to understand ..so.understand my write up before quoting me
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by EvangelistChuks(m): 6:38pm On Jan 26
Except a man be born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.Why the kingdom of God?Its by entering that you are changed into a newer and better version of you.God bless you.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by CrownedPhoenix: 6:40pm On Jan 26
Former NBA Basketballer, Joe Smith and his wife, Kisha comes to mind undecided
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by geoworldedu: 6:46pm On Jan 26
eepeepook:
1. Fake story.

What you're trying to say is that all strippers who tried to marry will escape without anyone knowing their past?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Moji12(f): 6:50pm On Jan 26
The bitter truth about such women is that, they r so quick to go back to their old lifestyle at any slight crack in the marriage cos that is always the solution to them/ where they find solace.
This is like getting to know one's fiance was once a serial killer 😳 E go hard oooo
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by JessicaRabbit(f): 6:52pm On Jan 26
maasoap:

This is the second time your posts would attract my attention, your contributions are superb and your writing skill is good. I had to guess that you're new here but after I checked, you have been here for almost a year but rarely post.

I wanted to pm you but no need. Here is what I need your opinion on, an unbiased female opinion. A lady told her current fiance that she was married before and had a stillbirth before the marriage collapsed. She is pregnant for him now. Some issues came up and that FORCED the lady to tell her fiance that she had five miscarriages in her previous marriage in addition to the stillbirth. Now, the fiance is rethinking going ahead with the relationship despite the issue of pregnancy. Citing that the lady can't be trusted.
In addition, she wouldn't reveal her phone's password/pin to her fiance and intentionally or "mistakenly" put his life in harm's way. I don't know what to say because of the pregnancy involved.

LOL @ the "unbiased female opinion" request. My dear, biases are inherent to the human experience, as unavoidable as wrinkles on a well-lived face. Instead, aim for informed insights, not some mythical objectivity. We all see the world through our unique lenses, and that's what makes our perspectives valuable.

Now to your main inquiry: we have a woman with a past, a fiance with cold feet, and a bun in the oven – a classic recipe for emotional turmoil. But hold on, are we getting the full picture? Where's the woman's voice? Her reasons for withholding her past, her perspective on the "life-threatening" incident? Judging solely on this one-sided narrative is like critiquing a play after watching the first five minutes. As I alluded earlier, communication is the lifeblood of any relationship, especially when navigating turbulent waters. If trust is eroding, open and honest conversations are crucial, not pronouncements of "untrustworthiness."

I'll also note here that a child should never be a pawn in a game of love. Bringing a life into a strained relationship might create more problems than it solves. Both individuals need to prioritize their well-being and that of the potential child, even if it means a difficult decision.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by babajero(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

Everyone has a past.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by EyenIbibio1: 7:00pm On Jan 26
He should marry his lovely wife, what if nobody told him anything about the girl's past, would he have known? Or because she was a stripper?
Or the threeßome?
There are many girls out there with a very high body count but are living codedly, one day somebody son go marry them. If during the courtship period she didn't cheat that means she is ready to settle down.
People change, and some circumstances make people do things they are not supposed to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! I Am In Love With My Employee / Blessing Bili: Lady To Marry Man She Asked Out On Facebook Page / 5 Loving Tips About Canadian Girls And Women In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.