Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? (42884 Views)

Does Your Girlfriend's Past Life Really Matters? / I Fall In Love Before I Realized Her Past Life, Now Am Confused / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by ojojonkembu: 7:05pm On Jan 26
Pls do not judge her with her past
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Demigod22: 7:22pm On Jan 26
Never! I will not marry a lady with such past, unless I didn't know. The annoying thing is when the consequences of such horrid past start coming, it will always affect you who know nothing about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Chuckas(m): 7:35pm On Jan 26
[quote author=iLegendd post=128133886]The rule is:

A woman's past is the most important thing to a man.

A man's future is the most important thing to a woman.

Whoever goes against this will regret. If you marry a man with no future, you'll regret as a woman. If you marry a woman with a terrible past that you're already aware of, it will haunt you for life and you'll regret marrying her.

To men: Forget about how tall, smart, rich and beautiful she is. Her past matters most if you want to marry her. Every other thing is a bonus.

To women: Forget about how tall and handsome he is, his future matters most if you want to marry him. Every other thing is a bonus.

Wisdom of the old boss

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Blitzking: 7:36pm On Jan 26
Shey na ghosts go end up marrying these clean hook up gals
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by DavidIN: 7:37pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:
My dear, in the grand theater of relationships, honesty is the leading lady, and it seems she's been backstage for quite a while.

"Your friend's cousin" is faced with quite the Shakespearean dilemma, a tragic tale of past indiscretions surfacing on the eve of matrimonial bliss. Now, my friend, while people can evolve and change, transparency is key. If a partner hides a history as colorful as a disco ball, it raises questions about the foundation of trust.

Sure, everyone has a past, but keeping it a secret until the eleventh hour is a tad dramatic, don't you think? My advice? Open the curtains, let the truth take a bow, and then decide if the leading lady deserves a standing ovation or a polite exit. After all, a marriage built on trust and mutual understanding is far more likely to weather life's storms than one shrouded in secrecy and uncertainty. 🎭💔
I just have to appreciate your write up.
So beautiful.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Sunday2021: 7:37pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:
I will appreciate if mods can move this to FP
is there any evidence?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Cornerstone2018: 7:40pm On Jan 26
Life is so unpredictable, I have seen a man married to a virgin and the marriage is full of pain and sorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by PROPEACE: 7:42pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:
I will try and make this brief and please ignore the errors.

I was with my close friend yesterday evening. While we were chilling together, a call came in on his phone. it was his cousin that called telling what had happened and also seeking his advice. Now this is what happened, this his cousin has been dating this lady for about a year I think and he has already proposed to her and even took her to his parents and siblings. He also visited the lady family and did some introduction. Now April this year has been chosen for the wedding ceremony proper and a date has been fixed. This is where trouble started.

My friend cousin created a WhatsApp group for his wedding ceremony, he added all his friends and some of his classmates to this group so they can join hands and make his wedding day memorable. He posted his wedding IV to the group and some pictures of him and the lady, one of his old time classmate recognized her and immediately called him for a private meeting for urgent discussions.

He visited him the next day and this guy told him everything about his fiancée. How she used to be a stripper in Lagos clubs years back and how he and his friends had wild 3some with her. She used to base in Lagos as a call girl but relocated to Abuja and that’s where she met my friend cousin. After all these revelation this guy was in deep pain as he had already gone far with the weeding preparations. Of course his old time classmate advised him not to marry her, but this guy loves her so much and he is in a big dilemma of what to do next. As he thinking of leaving the country and go start life with her elsewhere.

Can such past truly be overlooked?

After my friend explained everything to me, I was just short of words but of course I advised he shouldn’t marry her. What advice would you give him in such a situation my fellow Nlanders ?
He not only wants to marry a retired Olosho (assuming say she retire true true), he wants to take her abroad where Nigerian women are showing Nigerian men shege. Advice him to marry her, some people are destined for knocks, there's nothing you can do to avert that.

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by akintunde63: 7:47pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

I was with my close friend yesterday evening. While we were chilling together, a call came in on his phone. it was his cousin that called telling what had happened and also seeking his advice. Now this is what happened, this his cousin has been dating this lady for about a year I think and he has already proposed to her and even took her to his parents and siblings. He also visited the lady family and did some introduction. Now April this year has been chosen for the wedding ceremony proper and a date has been fixed. This is where trouble started.

If your friend is still asking what to do, means he wants to proceed to marry her. It also depends on whether she told him her past or not.

My friend cousin created a WhatsApp group for his wedding ceremony, he added all his friends and some of his classmates to this group so they can join hands and make his wedding day memorable. He posted his wedding IV to the group and some pictures of him and the lady, one of his old time classmate recognized her and immediately called him for a private meeting for urgent discussions.

He visited him the next day and this guy told him everything about his fiancée. How she used to be a stripper in Lagos clubs years back and how he and his friends had wild 3some with her. She used to base in Lagos as a call girl but relocated to Abuja and that’s where she met my friend cousin. After all these revelation this guy was in deep pain as he had already gone far with the weeding preparations. Of course his old time classmate advised him not to marry her, but this guy loves her so much and he is in a big dilemma of what to do next. As he thinking of leaving the country and go start life with her elsewhere.

After my friend explained everything to me, I was just short of words but of course I advised he shouldn’t marry her. What advice would you give him in such a situation my fellow Nlanders ?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Itiskdg121(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26
You nailed it
Rotji:

Women are always the ones that suffer in situations like this.

That his classmate or friend that came to reveal the ladies past, isn't he guilty of the same offence for doing 3some with her yet got the audacity to ask someone not to marry her?! What if it's the other way round and he's the one being exposed for doing 3somes, orgies and all sorts of immoralities and his fiancee is asked not to marry him based on his past?! How will he feel?!

While I'm not saying the lady should be absolved completely, I feel if the guy wanting to marry is a good guy and never engaged in such magnitude of immorality as his to be bride is being accused of he should carry out a very good investigation to verify the allegations then confront the lady with it. A genuinely repented person will always start any serious relationship by coming clean through revealing their past first, if their new partner is meant for them they will see the genuineness of their hearts and give them a chance.

I strongly believe that guy that made that expose actually deserves to marry a lady like this one if she's truly guilty, cos how will you do nonsense with some girls and feel you deserve reserved, innocent and godly wives?!

He's quick to judge her and forgot he was part of her immoral past.

Talk about removing the log in your eye before trying to point out the speck in another's

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Saidfx(m): 7:50pm On Jan 26
This piece is outright fake but nothing new under the sun. Stripper go far and 3some nah p0rn. Don't go there!
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Ishilove: 7:53pm On Jan 26
Of course she fvcked up. Whoever never fvcked up... you know the rest. May God forgive her.

The one I will not support is if human life/blood is involved.

Let this be a lesson to those who live their lives like there is no future. You live recklessly, without a moral compass to direct you and damn whatever consequences may be waiting for you in the future. Well, the day of reckoning always comes sooner or later.

Yeye shidren
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by eepeepook: 7:57pm On Jan 26
AuthorMan:

Kiddo, you talk as if you are still sucking on your mum's boobs.
You've got no life experience so you don't know a lot happen under the sun.

You labeled it FAKE as if you are a seer. When you grow up years to come you will know worst things happen.
Alternate account.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by eepeepook: 7:58pm On Jan 26
Zeebuy:

What makes you think it's fake? Abi things like this don't happen in real life? My friend had to call off his wedding years back because of same situation
”One man in my village experienced the same.” Na una excuse for Nairaland.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by khattab02: 8:03pm On Jan 26
Hmmmm .. This one strong.

No wonder people involved in 'social work' no dey like fall in love or settle down.

This reminds me of my friend 10 years ago. He was liking a girl in my area. She was a runs girl and just recently aborted a child.

I just told him.. forget about her look for another.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by khattab02: 8:08pm On Jan 26
Women have more social status and values to loose than men.

That friend wey dey do those things with her then is now a saint abi?

Men can be forgiven easily and Forgotten quickly than women.

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by khattab02: 8:23pm On Jan 26
Cornerstone2018:
Life is so unpredictable, I have seen a man married to a virgin and the marriage is full of pain and sorrow.
very true..

The ultimate is being God-fearing and sacrifice
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by noskcid(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26
Women hate their past a lot and their past can’t just let them be in peace ✌️

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Gentledizzle: 8:29pm On Jan 26
[quote author=Elzazzi post=128133404]

This is absolutely true. Words of wisdom [/quote

USing Chat- GPT.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by hakym619(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:
My dear, in the grand theater of relationships, honesty is the leading lady, and it seems she's been backstage for quite a while.

"Your friend's cousin" is faced with quite the Shakespearean dilemma, a tragic tale of past indiscretions surfacing on the eve of matrimonial bliss. Now, my friend, while people can evolve and change, transparency is key. If a partner hides a history as colorful as a disco ball, it raises questions about the foundation of trust.

Sure, everyone has a past, but keeping it a secret until the eleventh hour is a tad dramatic, don't you think? My advice? Open the curtains, let the truth take a bow, and then decide if the leading lady deserves a standing ovation or a polite exit. After all, a marriage built on trust and mutual understanding is far more likely to weather life's storms than one shrouded in secrecy and uncertainty. 🎭💔

Hello Jessica.
I do really like your grammar usage. It's kind of poetic. I don't mind being under your tutelage. I just hdve ti polish my written English too.

I anticipate your response . Thanks.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by hakym619(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:

Hello Jessica.
I do really like your grammar usage. It's kind of poetic. I don't mind being under your tutelage. I just have to polish my written English too.

I anticipate your response . Thanks.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Warmaterial(m): 8:40pm On Jan 26
So she no go marry again because of her past?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:44pm On Jan 26
Those of you that wants to enjoy your life before you marry, hope you're reading?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by maasoap(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26
JessicaRabbit:

LOL @ the "unbiased female opinion" request. My dear, biases are inherent to the human experience, as unavoidable as wrinkles on a well-lived face. Instead, aim for informed insights, not some mythical objectivity. We all see the world through our unique lenses, and that's what makes our perspectives valuable.

Now to your main inquiry: we have a woman with a past, a fiance with cold feet, and a bun in the oven – a classic recipe for emotional turmoil. But hold on, are we getting the full picture? Where's the woman's voice? Her reasons for withholding her past,

I asked as well. She claimed that (according to the fiance) she didn't want to scare him away (that she's not stupid to have informed during the courtship).

her perspective on the "life-threatening" incident? Judging solely on this one-sided narrative is like critiquing a play after watching the first five minutes.

I think it has to do with not disclosing vital health status when it mattered most. And it was the last straw for the fiance. The lady said it was a mistake, the man said it was intentional.

As I alluded earlier, communication is the lifeblood of any relationship , especially when navigating turbulent waters. If trust is eroding, open and honest conversations are crucial, not pronouncements of "untrustworthiness."

He usually complained of lack of communication from her side but I don't understand why he allowed the relationship to get this stage

I'll also note here that a child should never be a pawn in a game of love. Bringing a life into a strained relationship might create more problems than it solves. Both individuals need to prioritize their well-being and that of the potential child, even if it means a difficult decision.
I thought the same thing but just needed a second opinion from a female who could be objective because I knew what 10 out 10 responses from men would be grin grin grin
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by NEUDUDE: 8:48pm On Jan 26
netmillionaires:
Funnily, he is still contemplating taking her abroad to start life anew. It is in that abroad that she will turn to a full-time Onlyfan actress.

I tell you. Tomorrow we will hear she divorced me in the abroad after all i have done for her. Read proverbs well, women will be the ruin of many men such a pity grin
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by maasoap(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26
Ishilove:
Of course she fvcked up. Whoever never fvcked up... you know the rest. May God forgive her.

The one I will not support is if human life/blood is involved.

Let this be a lesson to those who live their lives like there is no future. You live recklessly, without a moral compass to direct you and damn whatever consequences may be waiting for you in the future. Well, the day or reckoning always comes sooner or later.

Yeye shidren

Look at you grin grin grin. You couldn't even say it, lol.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by HRprof: 8:55pm On Jan 26
It called PAST LIFE of the lady what about the man’s PAST LIFE ? We need to hear his own past to advise him properly
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by chiboycue: 8:56pm On Jan 26
Elzazzi:

Let him or her that is without sin cast the first stone. Every one has a past life. Even the guy that had a three some with her is not Saint Micheal and he is not better than her.

If the lady has forsaken her old ways and turned a new leaf, then your friend can go ahead and settle down with her. Some ex-strippers do get married and remain happy ever after. At times, strippers who turn a new leaf are loyal and are home makers.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by poweredcom(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26
80 percent of gals today past are shits

But for me to get to know that d woman i wanna settle down with was a stripper , an ashewo or a neigborhood cum bucket never will i

1 Like

Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by BolaAThubv(m): 9:09pm On Jan 26
Fikkoski:
The handwriting on the wall is not difficult to read.

At this point what advice will one still be looking for?

Sometimes, our stubbornness is the cause of our "had I know".
One of Jesus Christ's most dedicated followers was Mary Magdalene, an ex prostitute. Even that girl you think is clean has a very horrible past somewhere. Is there a girl that doesn't have a skeleton in her cupboard?
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by Femeto: 9:12pm On Jan 26
If she told him about it he should go ahead if not forget it.
Re: Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? by BondRiv: 9:15pm On Jan 26
Any woman who lives such a life, has a duty to disclose it to the man intending to marry her. Live better life una no go gree. Now you want to settle down. You owe a duty to disclose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Blessing Bili: Lady To Marry Man She Asked Out On Facebook Page / 5 Loving Tips About Canadian Girls And Women In Canada / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.