Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... (25025 Views)

Ladies STOP Telling Men You Have A Boyfriend (Must Read) / Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates / Pamela Adie: "I Was Once Married, Men, Your Nudes Mean Nothing To Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by FRANCISTOWN: 4:46am On Apr 19
Arizoner:
in your useless mind, there are no decent gal over 25. you are very stupid. bastard!
Your father is a bastard, your grandfather is a bastard, your great grand father is a bastard. Idiot, omo irankiran
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by enemyofprogress: 4:59am On Apr 19
Another baby's thread on the front page
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by enemyofprogress: 5:02am On Apr 19
Truvelisback:
Why did her age turn you off? grin
he wasn't ready for commitment

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by bluefilm: 5:32am On Apr 19
CaptainJune:
Ladies, please do not listen to this big fat lies of the devil. A lady in her late 30's and 40's or 50's is still as admirable as any other and worth making the lifelong commitment to be her forever partner. To the men, go for value and beauty, not age.

Dey play
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Kealmin(m): 6:46am On Apr 19
This is actually a lie but personally I prefer to have serious relationships with ladies of my age mate rather than going for teens, age may not necessarily be a criteria for maturity but most girls in their teens are really not as serious as ladies in their old twenties or 30s. I stand to be corrected though

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by drsibz66(m): 7:48am On Apr 19
EreluRoz:
You are just insecure that's all.

I get pissed whenever I see a man typing hardworking to describe a lady. Men of these days are just after women to drain, if not for the harsh society a woman is naturally not created to work.

Modern men are just after women that will take up their role, it's the mentality for me, so disgusting.

If a woman chooses to work, it's to take care of herself and not for any man to come leech on. Mtcheww

This is the entitlement mentality we talking about. Who told you women were created not to work? What does it then mean when God created women to help man.
And you also said if a woman should work , it should be channelled towards taking care of her self. Sorry you sound very selfish and have this olosho mentality.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Stargurl20(f): 9:36am On Apr 19
Arizoner:
Get out and fúck you. I used to like your marry a virgin comment but now I've come to realize you are an animal and need mental rehabilitation

Only insecure women will judge him for wanting a virgin. It's his preference, and he's entitled to it. Me not meeting his standard doesn't me I should question his preference. We'll have our tastes.

However, coming here to say women should not disclose their ages when asked on a first date is out of it. Soon, he will start suggesting to women not to 'breath' on their first dates to avoid being turn offs to their dates.

Eleribu mashafani.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Stargurl20(f): 9:52am On Apr 19
drsibz66:

This is the entitlement mentality we talking about. Who told you women were created not to work? What does it then mean when God created women to help man.
And you also said if a woman should work , it should be channelled towards taking care of her self. Sorry you sound very selfish and have this olosho mentality.

Yinmu. Truth is bitter. This isn't me saying I wouldn't work or wouldn't support my spouse. I'm not a lazy person.

But truth will always be truth. Even God Himself made it known. But una no go gree. Na the most bitter truth for modern man be that. Una wan claim head and still wan do 50/50 responsibility with woman.

Una no know say once responsibility is been divided, the role of being an head will also be divided. For example, two of us be friends and we gather money by car, e don mean say you no fit do anything with the car without my consent na. Even if I contributed the smaller part of the money used in purchasing the car, I will still have a say to an extent.

In this life, we cannot eat our cake and have.

NB: I'm not encouraging women not to support their husbands. By the grace of God I will support my husband and that wouldn't in any way reduce his honor in my presence. However, him having the idea that it's my duty could be annoying. It's not wife's duty to do that but we understand the economy.

If a woman is insisting that the husband supports her with chores una go talk say na enslavement or feminism.

Spouses should be support to one another. At the same time, let's be conscious of our roles..
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by ScarletBrace(m): 10:33am On Apr 19
jeromestarks:
I met this beautiful, hardworking and godloving lady somewhere at work. She's very nice and accommodating. She's also a graduate.
Let me quickly say that this lady is a decent lady - yeah, I went FBI on her; searched her socials: Facebook, insta, X etc and sincerely, all the pictures she took were done in her home (she stays with her mother).

As I interacted with her, I discovered she's a homely person. She doesn't club, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink. She's just all about stability.

I fell in love with her personality until I asked one last question.
"Sorry, I don't mean to pry. Please, how old are you?"

Without hesitation, this lady answered "I am 27"

Immediately I heard 27, I lost every single ounce of interest I had in her.
I didn't show it to her. I just said " Wow! You look so pretty, one would think you're 18. Thank God I asked."
She laughed and I could see her blush.

We discussed about other things, exchanged numbers and she left.
I have made up my mind never to call her. The age put me off and I don't even know why.

So dear ladies, do not tell men your age until the both of you are in a serious relationship. Never tell a man your age on the first date. Never!
Wait until you see some level of commitment or at least, until he got used to you a little.

OP you no get sense at all.
You rejected her and did not state your reasons, in as much as your reason is your opinion.
The stupid thing here is you made it sound like a fact by the headline, but checking through the content, one discovers it’s a mere opinion without a “why”.
Thanks to the uselessness of Nairaland mods.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Justnation: 10:51am On Apr 19
What is there in age ?, just numbers. Love and Compatibility is the core thing.

After all men marry women 20 years or more younger than them it appears normal to everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by BluntCrazeMan: 11:26am On Apr 19
jeromestarks:
I met this beautiful, hardworking and godloving lady somewhere at work. She's very nice and accommodating. She's also a graduate.
Let me quickly say that this lady is a decent lady - yeah, I went FBI on her; searched her socials: Facebook, insta, X etc and sincerely, all the pictures she took were done in her home (she stays with her mother).

As I interacted with her, I discovered she's a homely person. She doesn't club, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink. She's just all about stability.

I didn't show it to her. I just said " Wow! You look so pretty, one would think you're 18. Thank God I asked."

I have made up my mind never to call her. The age put me off and I don't even know why.

So dear ladies, do not tell men your age until the both of you are in a serious relationship. Never tell a man your age on the first date. Never!
Wait until you see some level of commitment or at least, until he got used to you a little.

You're not meant for her.

Nothing is wrong with her age.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by drimzsmoke(m): 11:46am On Apr 19
pocohantas:

You will pass what? The one you posted here, was meat inside? And by the way, na everyday you dey meet new babe? What of the 19y/o virgin that gave you tuwo with eggs?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Man shall not live by tuwo and eggs alone!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by ictmikky(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19
jeromestarks:

She's quite fortunate. You'd have wasted her time, emotions and resources.

Since age is a major criteria for you, it's better you ask at the very beginning so you don't end up breaking people's heart up and down

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by otipoju(m): 12:06pm On Apr 19
EreluRoz:

I get pissed whenever I see a man typing hardworking to describe a lady. Men of these days are just after women to drain, if not for the harsh society a woman is naturally not created to work.

Modern men are just after women that will take up their role, it's the mentality for me, so disgusting.

If a woman chooses to work, it's to take care of herself and not for any man to come leech on. Mtcheww

You have a point but do you know that a lady choosing to work, deprives the man of more time to explore other business opportunities when the kids have arrived.

Because both are working , both also have to jointly take babysit the kids...to the man's disadvantage.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by killsmith(f): 12:10pm On Apr 19
Because her age put you off it will put every man off.
Kids everywhere.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by drsibz66(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19
Stargurl20:

Yinmu. Truth is bitter. This isn't me saying I wouldn't work or wouldn't support my spouse. I'm not a lazy person.

But truth will always be truth. Even God Himself made it known. But una no go gree. Na the most bitter truth for modern man be that. Una wan claim head and still wan do 50/50 responsibility with woman.

Una no know say once responsibility is been divided, the role of being an head will also be divided. For example, two of us be friends and we gather money by car, e don mean say you no fit do anything with the car without my consent na. Even if I contributed the smaller part of the money used in purchasing the car, I will still have a say to an extent.

In this life, we cannot eat our cake and have.

NB: I'm not encouraging women not to support their husbands. By the grace of God I will support my husband and that wouldn't in any way reduce his honor in my presence. However, him having the idea that it's my duty could be annoying. It's not wife's duty to do that but we understand the economy.

If a woman is insisting that the husband supports her with chores una go talk say na enslavement or feminism.

Spouses should be support to one another. At the same time, let's be conscious of our roles..

Well glad u explained yourself better. At least there is a big difference in the messages you just passed out in both write up. Especially where you said women aren't created to work.
I take back my comments on "oloshoism"...
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Stargurl20(f): 3:14pm On Apr 19
drsibz66:

Well glad u explained yourself better. At least there is a big difference in the messages you just passed out in both write up. Especially where you said women aren't created to work.
I take back my comments on "oloshoism"...

I didn't text the initial comment you responded to though.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by idahme(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19
EreluRoz:

You don't need to be educated at all, you should sit at home and wait for someone to marry you and feed you. That I spend money on you as my child and you decide to be useless to the society then you deserve not to be educated at all.

You want to be an adult without responsibilities grin, go back to your mamas womb and stay there so that you don't pay bills. As long as you stay in a world like ours you must stand and be responsible and accountable for your selves.

You all advocate for affirmative action, education and equal opportunities to strive for success in the society and then turn around to still want same men you compete with and even disenfranchised them of the opportunity to earn because of affirmative action to them begin to feed your lazy ass as what? Mother Mary ? grin

You better learn responsibility and accountability else after pregnancy you be thrown out like a pack of card to become that baby mama you so desired. After that let's see how you will begin to shout feed me, I'm a less privileged, I'm a baby girl, I'm disadvantaged, I deserve to be treated like a queen grin.

I still don't know why lazy women want the goodies of the society but not responsibility. Continue I know where you are heading to.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by jeromestarks: 5:53pm On Apr 19
ScarletBrace:

OP you no get sense at all.
You rejected her and did not state your reasons, in as much as your reason is your opinion.
The stupid thing here is you made it sound like a fact by the headline, but checking through the content, one discovers it’s a mere opinion without a “why”.
Thanks to the uselessness of Nairaland mods.
It's like you skipped comprehension classes during your primary school.
See this one ooo!
I fit slap you ahswear.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by jeromestarks: 5:54pm On Apr 19
idahme:

You don't need to be educated at all, you should sit at home and wait for someone to marry you and feed you. That I spend money on you as my child and you decide to be useless to the society then you deserve not to be educated at all.

You want to be an adult without responsibilities grin, go back to your mamas womb and stay there so that you don't pay bills. As long as you stay in a world like ours you must stand and be responsible and accountable for your selves.

You all advocate for affirmative action, education and equal opportunities to strive for success in the society and then turn around to still want same men you compete with and even disenfranchised them of the opportunity to earn because of affirmative action to them begin to feed your lazy ass as what? Mother Mary ? grin

You better learn responsibility and accountability else after pregnancy you be thrown out like a pack of card to become that baby mama you so desired. After that let's see how you will begin to shout feed me, I'm a less privileged, I'm a baby girl, I'm disadvantaged, I deserve to be treated like a queen grin.

I still don't know why lazy women want the goodies of the society but not responsibility. Continue I know where you are heading to.
You have bad mouth. Haba! You wan finish the girl niii?
Nna chill small small naaa.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by ScarletBrace(m): 8:09pm On Apr 19
jeromestarks:

It's like you skipped comprehension classes during your primary school.
See this one ooo!
I fit slap you ahswear.

You rejected her when she revealed she was 27. You didn’t state why you reacted to 27 in such stupid way.
That is the reason I called you mumu. Any sensible reader, who reads between lines for depth, would be hoping to see logical reasons why you rejected her by her age, because we all know age isn’t synonymous to wisdom or maturity..,
But since your head is doing anyhow, I leave you to your iranuism
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Amwitty(f): 10:55pm On Apr 19
jeromestarks:

You are so childish and a very confused fellow. Thank God the lady dodged a misplaced priority as yourself.
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:20am On Apr 20
FRANCISTOWN:

Your father is a bastard, your grandfather is a bastard, your great grand father is a bastard. Idiot, omo irankiran
same to you hundredfold

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:23am On Apr 20
Truvelisback:
Why did her age turn you off? grin
he's looking for a newborn baby to marry
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:27am On Apr 20
winner37:
How old are you if I may asked ?
You got it wrong by advocating for others ladies not to tell guys their age...
Actually I dated one lady almost a year she has never disclosed her age to me but I believed she is older than me ...
what really happened btw the two of u
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:33am On Apr 20
Highestpromoton:

The reality for men and women are different, if you like act however you want with this information but you should be aware of the truth.
how old is your wife
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:35am On Apr 20
mediclife1987:

Omoor wetin women don show me don make me sef vow sey na young puna I go marry.

Na where to find these young pussycats for this Lagos I dey think of now meen...
how old are you
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:43am On Apr 20
advanceDNA:

Lol ...... u still sound very angry grin grin
Why do u think his age preference is an insecurity...??
get out. You are just advancedna for nothing. Dunce

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:45am On Apr 20
ukaface:

Okay
Operation lie about my age activated
old cargo tell your age and put the devil to shame
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:49am On Apr 20
Twoclans:

He is most likely 15 or 16,secondary school students are still on holidays .
you this ashawo girl, i go like see u b4 u marry

1 Like

Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by Arizoner: 9:54am On Apr 20
bluefilm:
But 27 is not even old na

For that particular gender, Oldness starts from 30
oloshoman, you sabi any good hotel for lagos?
Re: Avoid Telling Men Your Age Until... by ukaface(f): 10:38am On Apr 20
Arizoner:
old cargo tell your age and put the devil to shame
Who be this one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" / Come And See Big Di€k Entering A Woman's Nyansh Pictures (18+) / Couple Who Met On Twitter 5 Year Ago, Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.