Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? (21358 Views)

Why I Never Ask Ladies Out / Undeniable Emotions Unmarried Ladies Face Wen Their Friends Get Married / Old Unmarried Ladies, Stop Discouraging Young Ones From Getting Married. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Mynd44: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2012
^^^
Just cos you believe something does not mean every other person should
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2012
grin grin

Hilarious comments. Just wondering what its like to laugh in somali esp after chewing khat.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Goldieluks: 9:21am On Jan 11, 2012
@ Myndd,You don start oh! After giving them girls bad advise you 'll still go behind their back and get married. You are a man so its totally different compared to a woman so sharrap dia! Some girls needs a 'hammer' to knock some sense into their head.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Mynd44: 9:23am On Jan 11, 2012
Thank God I came with my hammer. So who should I nack first?
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Goldieluks: 9:28am On Jan 11, 2012
Let's test the hammer on you first to see how effective it is. If you scream.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by LaParisienne(f): 9:30am On Jan 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

[color=#550000]The typical reason why some old girls are not yet married is because they use their own tongue to swear for themselves. How can a girl in her early 20ths be aiming to achieve a useless career first and put the marriage issue at the bottom list? Wth? As Nigerians we all are aware that it is our norms and values as women to get married and bare children. Fucck th Western tradition. Just cause you live in the western part of the world doesn't make you a complete western. Get married and pursue your career.

Well, I'm one of those "girls in early 20s" you refered to. What I meant earlier was: I'll like to get married but I haven't met my husband yet. So while waiting for him, I'll keep improving myself so that I'll be an asset to our family. I don't want to be a liability to anyone. I want to have a life of my own so that I wont be too clingy and demanding.

Truth is, I never really thought abt marriage untill now, because I always knew that it's not a child's play. One has to be ready for it emotionally, financially, and spiritually. There's no point bringing innocent children into this world without being matured enough to cater for them.

Ok I've started praying to God for my husband. I knw he is also searching for me, we'll locate each other sooner than later wink
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Mynd44: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

Let's test the hammer on you first to see how effective it is. If you scream.
Since I am the only one who can calculate the scream-pain ratio. It would not make sanse we use me as a specimen. Lets use Sexkillz
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by LaParisienne(f): 9:37am On Jan 11, 2012
@dasparrow,you are such a cynic sad. That's all I can say.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 9:38am On Jan 11, 2012
Done laughing in woriah
Lemmie try and help the teens out there.
The world is crazy and there's lots of pressure from every corner to succeed careerwise and have a family at the same time.
Its enough to drive one crazy.
But girls for christs sake,its true there's what we call a biological clock in women.Its God's design but humans try to beat it.
Finish your study first,get a good job that puts bread on your table and if you have marriage in mind do not wait till you have it all.
By all I mean wealth,knowledge,experience etc.You will never get enough cz thats the human nature.Always wanting more.
And at what age will that be? I got no idea because some are lucky to finish study early and get jobs while for some it comes late.
I wouldn't advise any lady to marry just to fill a gap in her life.That is a wrong reason.Let her be fulfilled before she can being fulfillment in the other partner.

Having said that,theres no sin in not marrying.Its a free choice in a free world. And what matters at the end of the day is your happiness and the positive influence/impact you bring in a rotten society.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by freecocoa(f): 9:39am On Jan 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

The typical reason why some old girls are not yet married is because they use their own tongue to swear for themselves. How can a girl in her early 20ths be aiming to achieve a useless career first and put the marriage issue at the bottom list? Wth? As Nigerians we all are aware that it is our norms and values as women to get married and bare children. Fucck th Western tradition. Just cause you live in the western part of the world doesn't make you a complete western. Get married and pursue your career.

What are you saying?what has old girls got to do with anything? Cuddle asked a simple question and you are talking about old girls,its our norm to get married and bare children? And who says its a must to follow this supposed "norm"? So because society expects one to be married at a certain age means one should marry for the wrong reasons? And what's so wrong with having a career before marriage? as if you don't know that today's men don't want a liability for a wife.

That you decide to lead your life a certain way does not mean every other person should,fucck the western tradition yet almost everything done these days revolves around the western idea.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Goldieluks: 9:42am On Jan 11, 2012
La Parisienne:

Well, I'm one of those "girls in early 20s" you refered to. What I meant earlier was: I'll like to get married but I haven't met my husband yet. So while waiting for him, I'll keep improving myself so that I'll be an asset to our family. I don't want to be a liability to anyone. I want to have a life of my own so that I wont be too clingy and demanding.

Truth is, I never really thought abt marriage untill now, because I always knew that it's not a child's play. One has to be ready for it emotionally, financially, and spiritually. There's no point bringing innocent children into this world without being matured enough to cater for them.

Ok I've started praying to God for my husband. I knw he is also searching for me, we'll locate each other sooner than later wink

Am not referring to anyone in particular,just a general statement really. But good luck to you babes.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2012
La Parisienne:

Well, I'm one of those "girls in early 20s" you refered to. What I meant earlier was: I'll like to get married but I haven't met my husband yet. So while waiting for him, I'll keep improving myself so that I'll be an asset to our family. I don't want to be a liability to anymore. I want to have a life of my own so that I wont be too clingy and demanding.

Another Amen to that,no doubts you got your head screwed on kudos to u mama
freecocoa:

[b]@ OPRIBO.

Murderer,you can keep typing the epistle of your pathetic life but you can't get any girl to suck her blood on NL,if it pains you too much that some women refuse to get married,get a map and drive your way to hell where you rightly belong because you can't do anything about it.

Shebi you have killed all the old layers in your family and you want to bring your thirst for blood to NL,it won't work,just keep displaying your barbarism.

PRODUCT OF A BROKEN CONDOM YOU ARE./b]
Nice one fire on,we have to disable him with words.I jus hope he finds the location to hell with the bearings we have given him blawwdy frankestein.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Mynd44: 9:49am On Jan 11, 2012
pendo89:

Done laughing in woriah
The world is crazy and there's lots of pressure from every corner to succeed careerwise and have a family at the same time.
But girls for christs sake,its true there's what we call a biological clock in women.Its God's design but humans try to beat it.
Finish your study first,get a good job that puts bread on your table and if you have marriage in mind do not wait till you have it all.
By all I mean wealth,knowledge,experience etc.You will never get enough cz thats the human nature.Always wanting more.
And at what age will that be? I got no idea because some are lucky to finish study early and get jobs while for some it comes late.
I wouldn't advise any lady to marry just to fill a gap in her life.That is a wrong reason.Let her be fulfilled before she can being fulfillment in the other partner.

Having said that,theres no sin in not marrying.Its a free choice in a free world. And what matters at the end of the day is your happiness and the positive influence/impact you bring in a rotten society.
The same Natasha that said she wants to marry at 19 and has been running allover the sexual!ty section? Please people have the right to choose and whatever they choose is their business and you just have to live with ot
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Goldieluks: 9:52am On Jan 11, 2012
freecocoa:

What are you saying?what has old girls got to do with anything? Cuddle asked a simple question and you are talking about old girls,its our norm to get married and bare children? And who says its a must to follow this supposed "norm"? So because society expects one to be married at a certain age means one should marry for the wrong reasons? And what's so wrong with having a career before marriage? as if you don't know that today's men don't want a liability for a wife.

That you decide to lead your life a certain way does not mean every other person should,fucck the western tradition yet almost everything done these days revolves around the western idea.

Yes most ideas these days revolves around the western norms and beliefs, but why do 'old girls' especially Nigerian girls,go about and still complain that men are scarce,why don't they just stick to the so called western culture and remain 'single for life' since they prefer to live by the western culture.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by LaParisienne(f): 9:54am On Jan 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

Am not referring to anyone in particular,just a general statement really. But good luck to you babes.

Thanks babes. Good luck to you too.

Idowuogbo:

Another Amen to that,no doubts you got your head screwed on kudos to u mama.
Thanks dearie. Cheers,
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by freecocoa(f): 10:16am On Jan 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

Yes most ideas these days revolves around the western norms and beliefs, but why do 'old girls' especially Nigerian girls,go about and still complain that men are scarce,why don't they just stick to the so called western culture and remain 'single for life' since they prefer to live by the western culture.

What you are saying is miles away from what's being discussed here,I don't know about anyone complaining about men being scarce and that's not my problem,the point here is if unmarried women want to get married not "old girls" and their whines. Unmarried women are not only the old ones so I'm not interested in any old layer's tale.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by BABE3: 10:32am On Jan 11, 2012
opribo:

@Babe
You are a shinning example of what it ought to be. At your age you have chosen the best path of honour and it shall be well with you. It is your likes we want in Nigeria. You epitomise the true african upbringing and culture. You will see now that your body will be able to produce twims and any number of children you want easil, no story story. God will help you and bless you. Keep it up and make sure you teach the children these laudable tenets of getting married on time.

Thanks opribo. ** Readjusting my Iro and Buba** cool

seedord247:

BaBe . . .You nor even tell me say you don married,  wey i dey arrange you for one brazil guy wey hit Big last week.
tongue lipsrsealed

Brazilian guy? You nefa holla. My husband is Italian.

I apologize for not informing you. It was an intimate wedding anyway.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Goldieluks: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2012
freecocoa:

What you are saying is miles away from what's being discussed here,I don't know about anyone complaining about men being scarce and that's not my problem,the point here is if unmarried women want to get married not "old girls" and their whines. Unmarried women are not only the old ones so I'm not interested in any old layer's tale.

What I wrote might sound miles away for you,but others might get something out of it. Maybe you are still at your teens,hence your not interested in 'old layers tales' .like I said before am not referring to any one in particular and besides 'na talk dey bring talk' so I don't think my digression was offensive in anyway.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Cuddlemii: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2012
pendo89:

Done laughing in woriah

Lolz at teens and help. How about advice for unmarried "ladies"? Btw Happy New Year!
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Lolz at teens and help. How about advice for unmarried "ladies"? Btw Happy New Year!

Happy new year.

There's too much advise around here I am left with no advise at all.
Who is an unmarried lady? You know in some communities once a lady starts her menses shes ready for marriage.
But in today's hectic world one needs to be level headed up there. How long that takes depends on the environment she lives in.
I prefer a lady marrying and having kids early in life.To be sincere lateness is not my cup of tea.
But then who am I to judge? Some old unmarried ladies seem happier than the young married ones.
It all boils down to an individual.You wanna marry at 90 thats ur biz,you wanna settle at 18 fine and good its still ur biz.

Wheres uncle Orinkila by the way?
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 11, 2012
Unmarried ladies want to get married!. . .

Thread Closed! cool
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Nosyke(m): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2012
Mynd_44:

Since I am the only one who can calculate the scream-pain ratio. It would not make sanse we use me as a specimen. Lets use Sexkillz

My own bro shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, I have a better idea, you guys should try it on the DISCOMBOBOLUTED Opribo, he is the remote cause of all these arguments and controversy to a hitherto straight forward topic. @Idowunigbo & Freecocoa, are you game? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 11, 2012
Mynd_44:

Bloody hell!. . .
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2012
Nosyke:

My own bro shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, I have a better idea, you guys should try it on the DISCOMBOBOLUTED Opribo, he is the remote cause of all these arguments and controversy to a hitherto straight forward topic. @Idowunigbo & Freecocoa, are you game? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I reckon we roast you first for purposely customizing my username,are u game?

@cocoa
Are u in your teens? Loooool
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by LaParisienne(f): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2012
pendo89:

Happy new year.

There's too much advise around here I am left with no advise at all.
Who is an unmarried lady? You know in some communities once a lady starts her menses shes ready for marriage.
But in today's hectic world one needs to be level headed up there. How long that takes depends on the environment she lives in.
I prefer a lady marrying and having kids early in life.To be sincere lateness is not my cup of tea.
But then who am I to judge? Some old unmarried ladies seem happier than the young married ones.
It all boils down to an individual.You wanna marry at 90 thats your biz,you wanna settle at 18 fine and good its still your biz.

Wheres uncle Orinkila by the way?

If you got married in your teens and it worked for you, fine and good. But pls stops forcing it on everyone cos we are not all the same.
Where I'm from, we don't celebrate teen marriages. I don't see anything wrong with a lady getting married between the age of 21-27.
As for the older ladies, you don't knw why they are still single. Pls stop all the judgement, you are not GOD.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2012
La Parisienne:

If you got married  in your teens and it worked for you, fine and good. But pls stops forcing it on everyone cos we are not all the same.
Where I'm from, we don't celebrate teen marriages. I don't see anything wrong with a lady getting married between the age of 21-27.
As for the older ladies, you don't knw why they are still single. Pls stop all the judgement, you are not GOD.

Its evident you dint understand my post at all.I used the word prefer and early in life.What you should have asked me was what early in life means because that age you specified is close to what I mean even though 21 to me is still too young. 24- 30 is my early in life.
But when I say some communities practice teen marriage I mean it even though thats not the topic of discussion here.

I repeat again and this is what you need to focus on more.

1. Finish studying
2. Find a job.
3. If you are the marrying type then think marriage and dont wait to get it all cz that time will never come.

Be financially stable,socially stable,emotionaly stable before you jump into that institution. Now how long that will take, I repeat depends on your environment.

Read the part where I said some unmarried ladies are much happier than the married ones. That is enough to tell u that getting married to fill a gap is not the answer.

You dont have to worry if you are not ready because marriage is not forced.The societal pressure is what makes young women rush into it.
But its good when you find the right partner at the right time.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2012
Well, after all the yapping on this thread, i'll like someone to successfully give me a list of top 50 single Nigerian women in their 60's! Women that "never" got married!

If the list cannot be formulated, then all these "not the marriage type" blah blah, "job first" yada yada, "career oriented" hogwash is plain what? Plain Inconsequential Perambulating Bullshit! cheesy

ALL Unmarried Ladies want to get Married!. . . cool

Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^
Most do, do but when,why [/b]and to [b]who is what really matters.
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by LaParisienne(f): 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
This life is really amazing. If a lady says she wants to get married now, people will say she's desperate.
If she isn't desperate, but praying and waiting for God's time while searching subtly, the very same people will call her all sorts of names. Yada yada yada yada yada
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^
Most do, do but when,why and to who is what really matters.
No matter what really matters, of which i'm not refuting your statement, Marriage is Marriage! Whether under the rock, or on the sea!

In response to the "Topic" [/b]of the thread [b]"Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married?" my resounding answer is Yes! They all want to get married! I'm yet to see single women in their 60's, i could be wrong though. . . but right now, i believe they ALL want to! Forget what they say or the defense show being put up on this thread! cheesy

Where's the list i asked for? angry
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by coogar: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Everywhere I turn to on Nairaland, Facebook etc are marriage topics or related to marriage topics. Whats the big deal about it? Is marriage the final bus stop to life and its accomplishments?

If you are an unmarried lady, do you want to get married because its the in thing or because you genuinely want to.

Can you also decided not to get married. And if you decide not to, are you are afraid to face the criticism and stigmatization that comes with that decision or stand?

I am a young lady, who still needs a little nurturing in terms of mental maturity so I am still indecisive about the institution called marriage. I know its a necessity. I know its ordained by God. I don't know if its the commitment involved that scare me or not. I just want us to discuss it together. Do you really want to get married? And why? If you decide not to, can you survive it.

they are unmarried because they don't want to get married - at least not yet!
Re: Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? by Nosyke(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

I reckon we[b] roast you first [/b] for purposely customizing my username,are u game?

@cocoa
Are u in your teens? Loooool

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oMy bad, I was trying to remix your name, thought you would like it. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / Sweet: The Picture Of This Jamaican Girl Will Live You Drooling (18+) / Couple Goes Green For Shrek Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.