Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,691 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! (9461 Views)

Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
Man u don't have to subscribe to religion. Just accept that Jesus/isa died on the cross for your sins as a sacrifice. Finally,believe in God/Allah and u will be fine.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
jacobscros:

Man u don't have to subscribe to religion. Just accept that Jesus/isa died on the cross for your sins as a sacrifice. Finally,believe in God/Allah and u will be fine.

so believing in God and doing good isn't enough? as in early christian sects did not believe Jesus died.were they any less "christians" and followers/lovers of Jesus? if Jesus did not preach a religion called christianity then why must i accept what the christian bible or christian churches say?

besides,how can God punish an innocent man for the crimes/sins of sinners when the bible says the son is not accountable for the iniquities of the father?also,there are many points not to believe in the alleged crucifixion/resurrection and still follow Jesus.

anyways,i believe that the topic has being discussed so far so good.so really no need to divert into another topic when many other threads on the alleged crucifixion/resurrection exist:

"The Christian Resurrection Myth"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

"original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551599.0.html

Jesus Died? Not In My Name!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846374.0.html

Difficulties, Contradictions And Problems In The Crucifixion Tale
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844081.0.html

"Where Is Jesus"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739871.0.html

"Jesus Never Told Anyone He Will Die For Them"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735489.0.html

"New Testament (bible) Fairytale Or Horror Story"?!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-830551.0.html
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by proo212(m): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Lagoshia and Sweetnecta,

Matthew 10:14
And whoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

Have a good evening.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
why would anyone care about what you embrace?
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by tpia5: 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
May God forgive me, but i so much enjoy lagosshia the way he is now.

Very selfish of me no doubt but i find his posts and outlook on things very interesting.

Hope this wont come back to bite me in the behind because i really shouldnt be encouraging this type of thing.

To imagine him as a christian- well, if its God's will then egberun saamu o le sa molorun lowo as they say back home.

Of course angels will rejoice if he embraces christianity but for now that remains a pipe dream no doubt.

These people are exceedingly stubborn, lol.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
proo212:

@Lagoshia and Sweetnecta,

Matthew 10:14
And whoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

Have a good evening.

please stop spamming the thread.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

why would anyone care about what you embrace?

because christians are looking for hearts to steal! grin
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
tpia@:

May God forgive me, but i so much enjoy lagosshia the way he is now.

Very selfish of me no doubt but i find his posts and outlook on things very interesting.

Hope this wont come back to bite me in the behind because i really shouldnt be encouraging this type of thing.

To imagine him as a christian- well, if its God's will then egberun saamu o le sa molorun lowo as they say back home.

Of ocurse angels will rejoice if he embraces christianity but for now that remains a pipe dream no doubt.

These people are exceedingly stubborn, lol.

LOL

may Allah (swt) guide you!
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
I doubt they wants yours though smiley
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by tbaba1234: 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
Anyone answered the questions?

This is taking too long,
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by olawalebabs(m): 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Tbaba, You can't give what you don't have.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

Anyone answered the questions?

This is taking too long,
Will they give answer to what they know nothing about?
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Sweetnecta: 10:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Drstan: « #60 on: Yesterday at 05:06:57 PM »
[Quote]Do u no why arabian dress like ,u tink jesus dress, it is because of there weather, notin more,.nd who said jesus pray like d muslim? By hiting his head on d grown,.dis wil be my last post 4 dis thread,.go and read dis Book "WHO IR THIS ALLAH." by moshay a muslim schorla, Before u stat coparing my JESUS and your mohamed. Like i say b4 show me a voilent country and i wil tel u that christian are d minority there, that dont hav d freedom to pray to there lord and God Jesus to help them save their country from voilence,.thank God christian are d majority in Nigeria if not, dis country would hav bin like iraq, afgan. Pakstn, etc[/Quote]How about South Africa, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, etc? Post Civil War Baby, Drstan is. Ojukwu and Gowon; Christians. Adekunle; Christian.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by tpia5: 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
Is there a particular reason why all four of you decided to congregate on the thread at the same time?

Relax, nothing is happening and neither did the op at any time indicate he's embracing christianity.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 12:27am On Jan 19, 2012
tpia@:

Is there a particular reason why all four of you decided to congregate on the thread at the same time?

Relax, nothing is happening and neither did the op at any time indicate he's embracing christianity.

but seriously why should i and how could anyone embrace christianity when two simple questions can't be answered.what a shame!
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
Your embracing christianity is of more importance to God than anybody on this forum. Only God loved us even when we were yet sinners. It is beyond anybody here to try and convince you to be a christian, the best anyone can do is to tell you about christ but you already know about him as your koran has told you about him. You also know the bible more than alot of christians.

The problem is that you read the Bible with the wrong intentions to pick holes and make mockery of it so you cannot get anything out of it. Only those who desire to know Jesus as their lord and personal saviour and accept that he died for our sins can access the truth of the bible. The question you have asked is ridiculous you already know the answers but you do not know Jesus. If you are truly spiritual as you like to potray and not just argue for arguement sake you would sit down in your house and pray to Allah to tell you the truth about Jesus himself. You will not be here trying to make fun of the Bible. The time for revelations is not over as Allah is ever merciful,gracious and kind. If You come to Allah with a sincere heart he will reveal more of himself to you.

I am sure you have a copy of the Bible you can re-read the book of John and meditate on it with an open heart.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
andromida:

Your embracing christianity is of more importance to God than anybody on this forum. Only God loved us even when we were yet sinners. It is beyond anybody here to try and convince you to be a christian, the best anyone can do is to tell you about christ but you already know about him as your koran has told you about him. You also know the bible more than alot of christians.

The problem is that you read the Bible with the wrong intentions to pick holes and make mockery of it so you cannot get anything out of it. Only those who desire to know Jesus as their lord and personal saviour and accept that he died for our sins can access the truth of the bible. The question you have asked is ridiculous you already know the answers but you do not know Jesus. If you are truly spiritual as you like to potray and not just argue for arguement sake you would sit down in your house and pray to Allah to tell you the truth about Jesus himself. You will not be here trying to make fun of the Bible. The time for revelations is not over as Allah is ever merciful,gracious and kind. If You come to Allah with a sincere heart he will reveal more of himself to you.

I am sure you have a copy of the Bible you can re-read the book of John and meditate on it with an open heart.
what you are asking me to do is "blind faith".that is to believe without understanding,scrutiny and textual basis.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by aletheia(m): 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
I find the initial post on this thread quite amusing for the following reasons:
Firstly, the poster has an inflated ego and an overblown sense of self-importance; I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!. grin grin grin Quite amusing really.

Secondly, following Jesus Christ of Nazareth and accepting him as the Lord of Allah and Mohammed is actually an unconditional surrender and death. . .so the OP is quite literally chasing shadows by demanding conditions. You have nothing that is of worth or interest to Jehovah God. Keep your "two little conditions". Not interested.

Thirdly, compared to the Divine Majesty: you are ant-like. . .and you remind me of a certain ant:

The train passes by at 2 o' clock every day according to the schedule. Beside the rail track is an ant colony. There is one ant who doesn't believe that trains exist despite the regular rumblings that occur every day as the train passes by. So one day it crawls on to the rail track and begins to loudly declaim "I dare the train to pass by now". Of course no train passes by, for it is not time according to the schedule. And so the ant repeats this act from time to time until the fateful day when it crawls on to the rail track at just before 2 o' clock. As at other times, it begins: "I dare---". The train passes by at 2 o' clock every day according to the schedule. . .and splat goes the ant.

Of course you will dismiss the answer provided to you in the bible: "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, "We will hear you again on this matter."
AND "just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment"

The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.

Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.

Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.
[Psa 50:1-6]
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by BIGERBOY1: 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
LagosShia:

what you are asking me to do is "blind faith".that is to believe without understanding,scrutiny and textual basis.

Abi! They might as well ask you to embrace oduduwa while they are it.

The christain on this forum go to extraordinary lengths to malign Islam and it's prophet, yet such zeal is absent or even nonexistent in answering 2 questions which represent the foundation on which "mainstream" christainity is built. (christainity as a religion and the notion of Jesus as god)
How I wish u guys will channel such efforts in understanding Islam and what it teaches, and not sensational media reports.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
@ Lagosshia We both know you can scrutinise the Bible? textual basis the Bible is such. As for understanding, that is why i told you to ask God to reveal more to you if you like ask him to show you who Jesus is that is if you really want to know. God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.John 4:24. May the lord give you understanding.

Blind faith, Unless you tell me everything you know about the koran you learnt first hand, if not you are already operating on blind faith. Believing God is faith, praying to God is faith, working hard everyday and believing in promotion is faith. Much of life and living is faith.

Heb 11:6- And without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Impulse80(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2012
@Lagoshia "what are u doing here? Why didnt u wash them" *looks for a good sized stick to beat him" lagoshia runs away quickly.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
please spare me stories and preaching.answer two simple questions and you will not because you cannot.so how can anyone be convinced?
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
andromida:

@ Lagosshia We both know you can scrutinise the Bible? textual basis the Bible is such. As for understanding, that is why i told you to ask God to reveal more to you if you like ask him to show you who Jesus is that is if you really want to know. God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.John 4:24. May the lord give you understanding.

Blind faith, Unless you tell me everything you know about the koran you learnt first hand, if not you are already operating on blind faith. Believing God is faith, praying to God is faith, working hard everyday and believing in promotion is faith. Much of life and living is faith.

Heb 11:6- And without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
everything i know of the Quran i have learnt first hand and uderstand and reason,my dear.i even learnt arabic!

you dont present garbage and ask God to transform it into honey.that is what you are asking me to do.God gave us intellect.except if you want me to believe in hallucinations and imaginations and claims about "spirit" that each one of you people make.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 19, 2012
@ Lagosshia to each his own.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by ramalot(m): 5:07am On Jan 20, 2012
A bit funny
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by tbaba1234: 5:31am On Jan 20, 2012
ramalot:

Whats funny here, is that both sides (xtian & muslim) can see through the other's religious porosity quite clear.
Both sides are correct.
Now, if you all could only look in the mirror and see the same thing, the world would be a much better place.

I hope you too can look through atheism's porosity,
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 9:40am On Jan 20, 2012
ramalot:

Whats funny here, is that both sides (xtian & muslim) can see through the other's religious porosity quite clear.
Both sides are correct.
Now, if you all could only look in the mirror and see the same thing, the world would be a much better place.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844539.32.html#msg10005792
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by vedaxcool(m): 11:42am On Jan 20, 2012
ramalot:

Both sides are correct.

Really ramble-lot you should see how atheism hardly have feet to stand the way it was demolished here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.32.html#msg8818649

and you would like to read the post about state atheism
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.32.html#msg8818649

vedaxcool:

I believe u miss undetrstood my point, as i was not saying you shoudl convert to Islam, as with the level of ignorance you have exhibited on this thread it would be unadvisable for you to be a muslim, what i did say is that you should read more to broaden your scope, do not be like devinewreck, who only parrots the ideas tahthe probably do not understand, do not be like mazaje, who shows his hypocrisy and vent his ignorance when he is in an argument shocked and then has the audacity of accusing others of fanaticism yet exhibit grade A extremism, or like martian, who only have insults to be the only source of intellectual argument he can offer, what i urge you to do is that read so that u can break yourself from traps set by atheist ignoramus, I believe you have the elements of good in you that can let you recognise the truth when you see it note the three I mention have one thing in common Highly Entrenched IGNORANCE[/ . best wishes

This was the advise I gave your atheist colleagues.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by ramalot(m): 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
It did not
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by ramalot(m): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
Haha
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by vedaxcool(m): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
ramalot:

^^ How has your response in any way addressed my comment?

Do you, or do you not find every "other" religion to be porous, illogical and hence, false? YES or NO

Do I find other systems including atheism, communism, feudalism, christianism, etc to be porous and illogical hence false, the answer is Yes and that is what my post addressed!
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
3rd page and no answer yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fasting Is A Weapon Of War / Share Funny Christmas Story Here / All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.