Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! (9457 Views)

Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2012
LagosShia:

someone is l[b]ooking for "harakiri's" trouble[/b] with lie. grin

He will soon start banging on his blackberry out of anger angry angry

grin
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by proo212(m): 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2012
Now I'm writing on my phone but I shouldn't have problems replying him  wink
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
proo212:

Now I'm writing on my phone but I shouldn't have problems replying him  wink

as long as you dont start abbreviating,summarizing and finally manufacturing religious texts!!! wink wink
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by drstan(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
Proo212@ abeg 4get dis guyz ,the ignorant at dis 21st century is making me sick, we no if two blind pple are leading each other they wil end up in a pit, if Mohammed can not giv them d Sign of d end time, that mins d end broduct of d reactant and product is doom. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=852158.65.html
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
Pages 7 and no answer to those 2 simple question, Christians are living in denial
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by drstan(m): 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2012
Bashy demy@lng time.,,.setle down wit ur rite senses and read carefully page by page u wil find d answer,
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^Sorry i have been following the thread from the first page and there is no answer there. Dont tell I and the Father are one is the answer cos that alone will make you look stupid to me. The question is bring proof where God says the religion you should practice is Christianity and also where Jesus say i am your God serve me simple.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by drstan(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2012
Bashy, stop acting like ordas, we al did english when a writer say i and my father ar one, and they asked u what d writer ment by dat sentence what wil u say @Get dis, jesus is not a proud type that tel people to worship him , He do giv evry one a choice, so if he said i and my father ar one, what dose that min 2 u. If jesus cal his twelve despl, he said FOLLOW ME and i wil make u fishers of MEN, what did he min by dat, christian mins followers of christ, that is just it,.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by proo212(m): 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
Bashy Demy

Lagosshia and his followers who think without a valid verse answering those 2 question they will not embrace Christianity. Like tpia already said, the statement is a bait but since God doesn't want the death of sinners but that all should come to repentance i will continue.

From the little search I have done, I do not see such verses. You can quote me as saying that. But why is there not such a verse or verses?  Such verses are not required because the Israelites were already expecting a "Messiah".

From the prophecies in the old testament

1. Our famous Deut 18:18
2. Isaiah 9:6
3. Isaiah 7:14
4. Zechariah 9:9

The children of Israel were clearly anxiously awaiting a messiah and Jesus Christ did not need to "introduce" himself and say worship me. But when He was there with them, they marvelled at the works of His hands from the questions below.

The Israelites questioned Jesus:

"Who is this?" Matt 21:10
"By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?"  Matt 21:23
"Art thou HE THAT SHOULD COME? or look we for another?" Luke 7:19 He was expected!
"Art thou the Christ?" Luke 22:67. He was expected!
"Is not this the Christ?" John 4:29 He was expected!
"Whom makest thou thyself?" John 8:53.  
"How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly" John 10:24. He was expected!
"Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? John 1:22 The Pharisees knew to send people to him
"And the men marveled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him?" Matt 8:27.
“And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?”  Matt 21:10

From all the History of Islam we have read,  the people were not expecting a prophet. Even he did not believe he was a prophet at first. His wife reassured him that his revelations were true (this is well documented). They did not know what to worship as we clearly see that this is the reason these "revelations" of the verses were necessary

I will say it again, the children of Israel were already looking forward to the coming of the "Messiah" and this is evident in the same verses of John 1:19-to the end you often quote to deny the deity of Jesus Christ. When the Messiah came, the works He did was evident for people to begin to ask who He was. HE DID NOT NEED TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE HE WAS A PROPHET. It was evident in His works. This was the reason they asked the questions in the quote above. If you did not read it, I posted it again for you.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by proo212(m): 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2012
Matthew 8:29
"What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"

Matthew 4:3
During that time the devil came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread."

Even the devil and the demons recognised Him as the Son of God. He did not need to shout it, but instead the devil tried to get Him to worship him (sounds familiar?)

Matthew 27:54
When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

After crucifixion even the soldiers recognised this.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2012
drstan:

Bashy, stop acting like ordas, we al  did english when a writer say i and my father ar one, and they asked u what d writer ment by dat sentence what wil u say  @Get dis, jesus is not a proud type that tel people to worship him , He do giv evry one a choice, so if he said i and my father ar one, what dose that min 2 u. If jesus cal his twelve despl, he said FOLLOW ME and i wil make u fishers of MEN, what did he min by dat, christian mins followers of christ, that is just it,.  
guy please stop this abeg. You and your father are the same, So if you father commit crime are you going to be jail on his behalf?
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by BIGERBOY1: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
@proo on a serious note I don't think that answers the question. Coz I have also been following the thread.

Now for Jesus' coming to be foretold doesn't in it self make him a god, except if the prophecy clearly states that god will be coming. By the way the Muslims believe the coming of their prophet was foretold yet they don't ascribe divinity to him.

Christ = messiah which means anointed, now that doesn't also mean he is god. The Muslims also believe Jesus was the messiah, but again they don't ascribe divinity to him.

You see unless you can substantiate the claim of Jesus being god with a factual text of the bible, you shouldn't blame those who understand those texts as what they plainly are.

Concerning the prophet of Islam, the Arabs never had a book with them, they never expected a prophet, but the Jews were expecting a prophet (which they hoped will be Jewish) so when they realised the new prophet was an Arab and not Jewish they were disappointed and disbelieved in the prophet. The Quran puts it this way "and when there comes to them a book from Allah (the Quran) confirming what is with them (the Torah and the gospels) - although from old the had prayed for victory against those without faith,- and when there comes to them that which they (should) have recognised they refused to believe in it" Q 2:89
So you see it was the Jew who where expecting a prophet whom when he came they rejected.

SON OF GOD?
Common you know son of god in biblical language means a godly person, how else do you explain other prophets who where called sons of god? In fact the bible says peace makers are sons of god.

So you see it still doesn't answer the question
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by theseeker2: 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
proo212:

Yes that true! They recognized he was their God after they had murdered him. I wonder how embarrased they must have felt like after this. 'Oops we just killed God!'.

These so called christians are just silly people
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
proo212:

Bashy Demy

I will say it again, the children of Israel were already looking forward to the coming of the "Messiah" and this is evident in the same verses of John 1:19-to the end you often quote to deny the deity of Jesus Christ. When the Messiah came, the works He did was evident for people to begin to ask who He was. HE DID NOT NEED TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE HE WAS A PROPHET. It was evident in His works. This was the reason they asked the questions in the quote above. If you did not read it, I posted it again for you.

i beg of you,dont play this trick of trying to stuff our brains tactically with lies.dont you even dare use the term "children of israel"you try to take us back pages.i have shown beyond doubt or argument with undisputed truth that the jews did not expect the messiah to be a "god" or a "demi-god" as christians have made Jesus.i quoted the words of the jews themselves.so why then are you talking nonsense trying to impress us by abusing the term "children of israel"?

you can see here in page #4 for the quotes from jewish websites and jewish answers:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-847520.96.html#msg10017542
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
drstan:

Proo212@ abeg 4get dis guyz ,the ignorant at dis 21st century is making me sick, we no if two blind pple are leading each other they wil end up in a pit, if Mohammed can not giv them d Sign of d end time, that mins d end broduct of d reactant and product is doom. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=852158.65.html

i wonder how it feels to present the link to a thread that testifies against you. grin

it is like someone slapping you continuosly and you claiming victory for enduring the pain of the slap!!! grin grin grin
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
proo212:

Even the devil and the demons recognised Him as the Son of God. He did not need to shout it, but instead the devil tried to get Him to worship him (sounds familiar?)
and why didn't you tell us what was the response of Jesus when the devil was tempting him? first the devil was tempting the "christian god" to worship the devil.

then this is what the "christian god",Jesus,himself answered the devil:

Matthew 4:10
"Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

the "christian god" is promoting "another god" in the above verse grin grin grin grin grin

what a feeling to realize they killed "god"!!! cheesy
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2012
drstan:

Bashy, stop acting like ordas, we al did english when a writer say i and my father ar one, and they asked u what d writer ment by dat sentence what wil u say @Get dis, jesus is not a proud type that tel people to worship him , He do giv evry one a choice, so if he said i and my father ar one, what dose that min 2 u. If jesus cal his twelve despl, he said FOLLOW ME and i wil make u fishers of MEN, what did he min by dat, christian mins followers of christ, that is just it,.

this issue of proud was raised and replied to:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-847520.32.html#msg9983373

now do you think "jehovah" was proud,arrogant and bragged when he said this:

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 20:3
"You shall have no other gods before me".

Isaiah 43:10
"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
the_seeker:

Yes that true! They recognized he was their God after they had murdered him. I wonder how embarrased they must have felt like after this. 'Oops we just killed God!'.

These so called christians are just silly people
wowwww what a big blow, This is the brutality to the Christians. What a shame
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by proo212(m): 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2012
@BIGER BOY

Isaiah 9:6 quite clearly states that  6For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace.

Your answer here on top.

Concerning the prophet of Islam, the Arabs never had a book with them, they never expected a prophet, (reason why he needed to establish something, hence those verses asking for allah to be worshipped) but the Jews were expecting a prophet (which they hoped will be Jewish) yes and he had a Jewish linage that can be traced so when they realised the new prophet was an Arab and not Jewish they were disappointed and disbelieved in the prophet (you and i know this is a lie, your prophet came hundreds of years after Jesus. Was it not the arabs that did not believe him mocking him that he was false, did he believe he was a prophet until his wife assured him his revelations were not devlish). The Quran puts it this way "and when there comes to them a book from Allah (the Quran) confirming what is with them (the Torah and the gospels) - although from old the had prayed for victory against those without faith,- and when there comes to them that which they (should) have recognised they refused to believe in it" Q 2:89
So you see it was the Jew who where expecting a prophet whom when he came they rejected.

But he also said those of the book jewish (torah) christians (injil) should judge by their own book that they were given. You have contradicted yourself.

@Lagosshia, you have obviously forgotten when satan said if thou be the Son of God, Your tricks will always find you out, twisting and quoting out of context,
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
please check the below link on page #6 for the answer to Isaiah 9:6:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-847520.160.html#msg10030386

proo212:

you and i know this is a lie. Was it not the arabs that did not believe him mocking him that he was false, did he believe he was a prophet until his wife assured him his revelations were not devlish)
and the arabian finally believed him and he was triumphant over them.he started as a lone man who was stoned to become the man under whose dominion God placed paran (arabia).

as for the jews,did they not "kill" your jewish god,Jesus according to your christian belief?

doesn't the new testament call the jews "slayers of the prophets"?

doesn't the new testament cry for Jesus saying that "he came unto his own people but his own people rejected him"?

so what is your point?

you make no sense madam.

wont you rather adopt agnosticism or atheism than still remain "christian" after 7 pages of this thread? would you continue to suffer more cardiac arrests in this thread?have pity upon yourselves!

But he also said those of the book jewish (torah) christians (injil) should judge by their own book that they were given. You have contradicted yourself.
the Quran says they should judge using what is "found therein".do you understand the meaning of that?the jews evidently knew what was God's revelation and his laws like punishment for adultery and theft,e.t.c.

presently,you see in the bible that you find the word of God,you find the word of the prophets,you find the word of the scribes,you find the word of the church,you find the word of the editor and you find the word of the historian.yet all these are piled up together presently as "word of God" without any effort to check them or verify the claims made therein.

@Lagosshia, you have obviously forgotten when satan said if thou be the Son of God, Your tricks will always find you out, twisting and quoting out of context,

you can only say that if you have never read the verses i present from the bible verbatim.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 6:08am On Jan 27, 2012
@Proo212 why do you like bringing up topic that has been treated
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by drstan(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2012
In the Name of Jesus evry knell shal bow nd evry tongue shal confess that jesus is Lord, i no of many muslim that was in danger and mistakenly cal d name of Jesus nd was save, why ar d xtian superior than d muslim,why ar they going to d xtian pastor 4 deliverance prayer, whch sect did u hav d highest disable, and yet u stil fail to beliv Jesus as God.(the 3nity) from d day u pple start to blive d 3nity d beta 4 ur sect, it is beta nevr to be born dan 2 b born and ignorantly go to HELL. QED
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by proo212(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2012
and the arabian finally believed him and he was triumphant over them.he started as a lone man who was stoned to become the man under whose dominion God placed paran (arabia).

Praise God, exactly my point! You did not say how they finally believed him. How did they know which god to follow if he did not given them those verses?? You claim to be intelligent in other things but you will not see the lack of reasoning when it comes to this prophet.

21: 5. ,  they say:”These are mixed up false dreams! Nay, he has invented it! Nay, he is a poet! Let him then bring us an Ayâh (sign as a proof) like the ones that were sent before

16: 24. And when it is said to them: “What is it that your Lord has sent down?” They say: “Tales of the men of old!”

10: 15. And when Our Clear Verses are recited unto them, those who hope not for their meeting with Us, say: Bring us a Qur’ân other than this, or change it.”Say “It is not for me to change it on my own accord; I only follow that which is revealed unto me.

The Jews already believed in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and Moses. True or false? They were expecting "The Prophet", The Messiah, True or false? (if you fail to see this even after you have now admitted that mohammed was disbelievd initially, ) Compare this to your quote above. See the logic in it? I doubt it

This is like a broken record here. He came to his own people but the rejected him but was all this not prophesied? If they totally rejected Him, how about the multitudes He healed, fed, were those aliens?
Luke 9:22
And he said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."
What part of this prophecy that was fulfilled on the cross is difficult to understand

The same person that believes mohammed went to the farthest mosque in Jerusalem and heaven on the back of a donkey saw moses and still came back and hunted his people down does not believe that Jesus Christ prophesied His death and it actually happened and He resurrected.

By the way I'm a guy not a madam
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
proo212:

Praise God, exactly my point! You did not say how they finally believed him. How did they know which god to follow if he did not given them those verses?? You claim to be intelligent in other things but you will not see the lack of reasoning when it comes to this prophet.
i thought he butchered them? or he no longer did?

the truth (Muhammad s.a.) is indeed a puzzle to the disbelievers.we dont know whic of thier false claims to listen to anymore!!!

The Jews already believed in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and Moses. True or false? They were expecting "The Prophet", The Messiah, True or false? (if you fail to see this even after you have now admitted that mohammed was disbelievd initially, ) Compare this to your quote above. See the logic in it? I doubt it
believe me i dont even know what you are saying.have you started "speaking in tongues" on nairaland to confuse and deceive people?

This is like a broken record here. He came to his own people but the rejected him but was all this not prophesied? If they totally rejected Him, how about the multitudes He healed, fed, were those aliens?
they finally were called "christians" and not "jews".

Luke 9:22
And he said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."
What part of this prophecy that was fulfilled on the cross is difficult to understand
vaticinium ex eventu

The same person that believes mohammed went to the farthest mosque in Jerusalem and heaven on the back of a donkey saw moses and still came back and hunted his people down
another redherring already discussed:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835683.64.html#msg9928944

and do you know that your god (not any man or prophet) rode a cherub and also had smoke coming from his nostrils:

2 SAMUEL 22:11
And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.

2 SAMUEL 22:9
There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

does not believe that Jesus Christ prophesied His death and it actually happened and He resurrected.
its not like he did and i dont believe.the fact is he didn't.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735489.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-851721.64.html#msg10045668

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844081.0.html
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by drstan(m): 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
Proo abeg 4get dis guyz , ,see what their brother BOKO HARAM, is telin gej to convert to muslim,.they ar as blind as their brother BH. u no d devil is powerless d only power he have is to trick sum1 ,2 beliv him,
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Sweetnecta: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
^drstan, boko haram does not speak for my islam; Quran and Muhammad [as] do.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^ Bro you dont have to waste time on drstan, He is a waste of space
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Emmaesty(f): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
@lagosshia I've noticed dat u're a hater of God's word nd will do anything to see dat Islam will be d dominant regilion in Nigeria.Jugding from ur posts in diff. threads,i can see dat u read nd study d bible and if i'm not mistaken,u're a former christain who was let down by God because of lack of faith anyway lets not go there. . . The answer to d first question is dat Christainity is a way of life and not a regilion. . .
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by bashydemy(m): 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^^ Which of the god's are you talking about here? since xtian is a way of life let assume you are practicing a way of life and not religion, i go burst here oo
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by LagosShia: 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2012
Emma_esty:

@lagosshia I've noticed dat u're a hater of God's word nd will do anything to see dat Islam will be d dominant regilion in Nigeria.Jugding from ur posts in diff. threads,i can see dat u read nd study d bible and if i'm not mistaken,u're a former christain who was let down by God because of lack of faith anyway lets not go there. . . The answer to d first question is dat Christainity is a way of life and not a regilion. . .

grin
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 31, 2012
@lagosshia, if these are the only true reason you want to ambrace christianity, then you had better not embraced it. To those that will perish the gospel is foolishness 1st corinthians 1:18, you cant understand it by mere theology, psycology, theory, science, or by your fanatical analysis or even mind thinking, no you wont get it right, i will tell you this, no man without the spirit of God can answer and any man with the spirit og God will rather pray for you than commenting for you to blasphem. instead of coming here to look for answer from humans like you, go to God, ask Him to help you serve Him in the right way, 'for those who will serve Him must serve Him in spirit and in truth'.

the things of God are higher than you and it is the little onces you are made to understand you can explain, take a bible abd read with Holy Spirit leading not with a mnd to blaphem, so many like you have repented and senn the light and when the light of God through Jesus Christ is shown on you, you will repent in dust and ashes.

you really seek to know the truth as i can see in you write ups, the way you go about it is not the way to know the truth which will set you free when you know it. I pray it will not be too late for you in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 31, 2012
Calvary greetings, most of us have forgotten about the fact that God is not just the God of love, He is aslo the God of judgement. He has reserved for as many as reject His offer of salvation, internal damnation in hell. The bible says: "the soul that sinner, it shall die" but the Lord Jesus has paid that price for you and I on the cross of Calvary; why will you allow the devil and ur flesh to deceive you and bring you down to hell? Bellow are the last words of notable men who died without accepting the saviour. May you rejoice at the hour of sleep (death) and not weep! Amen!

Tom Paine was born at Thedford, England in 1737. He had opportunity to live in the period of revivals by George Whitefield and John Wesley. He lived a life against God and wrote against God, drawing hearts away from Christ. An eye-witness of his death said. “He is truly to be pitied”. Tome Paine’s cries at the hour of death were: “O Lord, help me! God help me! Jesus Christ, Help me! O God! What have I done to suffer so much!” then shortly after, he said: “but there is no God!” And then again, “Yet, if there be, what would become of me hereafter?” As the elderly woman who was his attendant left the room, Tom Paine said, “Stay with me, for God’s sake! For I cannot bear to be left alone. It is hell to be left alone”. In terror and agony his very last words recorded in history were, “My God, my God, why has Thou forsaken me?”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Things We Must Work On To Enable A Deep Worship Lifestyle / Seven Deadly Characteristics Of Sin! / Fasting Is A Weapon Of War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.