Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (28306 Views)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG / ASUU Introduces ‘UNILAG Forever’ Badge To Discredit Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Isaactop9(m): 11:30am On May 29, 2012
mcnepow: UNILAG was kinda posh - but with MAU, shakara don end!
true talk no more unilag babes but moshood girls hahahaha
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by gegee(m): 11:30am On May 29, 2012
Silly children and they think anybody will listen to them.when dem protest finish make dem go drink pure water and go back to class.....rubish!!!!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by topeorekoy(m): 11:30am On May 29, 2012
picture source

topeorekoya..com

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Nobody: 11:30am On May 29, 2012
As unilag don become MAU and
AKOKAITE becomes MOSHOOIDTE

Expect changes like

University of Ibadan - Lamidi Adedibu University

LASU - Bola Tinubu University

University of Ilorin - Saraki University

Osun state University - Iyiola Omisore university

Niger Delta University - MEND/GEJ university

University of ABJ - OBJ University.

University Of Benin - Stella Obasanjo University SOA etc =)) =D

2 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by jmaine: 11:31am On May 29, 2012
Going away from the emotional tirade which i also indulged in briefly . . .aint we supposed to bug ourselves with the entire GEJ speech by trying to scrutinize his speech for the merits and the demerits . . .

Funny how much tears is shed over "Just name change" that is materialistic than focus on issues that have more substance that will impacts on our lives directly

What's it's really in a name when we should be concerned about the quality of the education we receive . . . .
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by kolajoo(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2012
Nigeria President GoodLuck Jonathan is full of surprises,January 1st he gave us a New Year Gift by removing subsidy,Today Democracy Day, He Also gave us another Gift which is renamed Unilag University to Mashood Abiola University!Beware October 1st You will just hear that Nigeria has been Sold 2 China!

7 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Goldenheart(m): 11:33am On May 29, 2012
aftermath of consuming cassava bread........ grin

2 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by mcqt21: 11:34am On May 29, 2012
is it MAU OR MALU grin
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by maclatunji: 11:34am On May 29, 2012
mjconcept:
Must everything bad be associated with GEJ , grow up and stop being a dummy. angry

See me, see wahala, GEJ did the renaming and people are out there protesting and you say I am dummy for speaking out loud. Are you high on gutter water?
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by maclatunji: 11:36am On May 29, 2012
Viewing this topic: scopusng(m), poby(m), k'nash(m), damola1, rubenic(m), aphamefuna(m), femojie(m), pryzlez, sholexxx, razzle dazzle, Hemanwel(m), jwitlon, pek(m), leo2008, kollistic, Enegide friday, reloboy(m), Abakeade, shineskybaba, Madcow(m), ehizmac, gascoign1(m), kennyone, Ideasroole, Youngsage, gaborel, begwong, Kingpusky, mayor4liv(m), Toomy, PeeDaVinci, tunde233(m), IDERAWOLE(m), Phinga, zintow(f), gidiMonsta(m), Kewt, Rebsy, Luvties(m), kutchs, kroxx(m), Plutus, duality, simorny(m), tjskii(f), Osejie(m), vulpeslopez(m), yankidelta(m), gegee(m), Tos87(m), ollah1, Ricdave(m), finguy(m), solsy(f), ndudan, topeorekoy(m), Iolo(m), dein77, llade, chuksikem(m), donpeluchi(m), TinTin18(f), freshmoney(m), azpekuliar(m), stereo(m), Simplefemo(m), Watch-it, Irunmole(m), oguguamlov, mekino22, sweetchicks, ydtaurus5(f), storm0210(m), gbadexy(m), ChuckBoi93(m), Sammy107_d(m), OlowoTee(f), abasifo(m), profembasseybar, christkid, proudly9ja(m), Aringon, tomzman, Isaactop9(m), gcue, obongoboy, maclatunji, mancol(m), unbiasedjudge(m), jmaine(m), teddy2011, Goldenheart(m), Billygene, Emma_esty(f), Degis, GAB1, mcqt21, ife-wise, Mykoj(m) and 135 guest(s)

Seun should give GEJ a special award for being such a "traff and revenue generator". tongue grin
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by proudly9ja(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2012
jmaine: Going away from the emotional tirade which i also indulged in briefly . . .aint we supposed to bug ourselves with the entire GEJ speech by trying to scrutinize his speech for the merits and the demerits . . .

Funny how much tears is shed over "Just name change" that is materialistic than focus on issues that have more substance that will impacts on our lives directly

What's it's really in a name when we should be concerned about the quality of the education we receive . . . .

Im sure many have given up on him so there's not much to analyse from his speech. What else can he add to

Increase in electricity tarriff
Increase in fuel price
Increase in kidnap cases
Increase in Boko Haram activities
Increase in unemployment rates

Even in sports, it was during the reign of GEJ that we failed to qualify for ALL football major competitions. U17, U21, African Cup of Nations, Olympics, All African games and even the falcons failed to qualify for the female world cup and olympics

3 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by duality(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2012
they should go and read their books! what are they protesting for? ego? pride? or maybe swagger? people take the name of their schools unnecessarily too serious. UNI - this UNI- that yet, you can't solve simple algebra.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by geeotabor(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2012
This is absurd.GEJ should have consulted........unilag to MAU.ahhhhhh.....NON SEQUITOR...............
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Iveanyi: 11:40am On May 29, 2012
ayusman16: THe protesters are simply dumb. They obviously have no respect in the man called MKO Abiola..
Bad English aside, u have no right to call them dumb. It is not by force to have respect for MKO. I personally don't see what the fuss about the man is. But then again, maybe I'm just ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Snipose(m): 11:42am On May 29, 2012
Truth be Told GEJ is way smarter than most of us give him credit. Basic diversionary tactic of renaming a school to deflect attention that his speech was shallow and devoid of any substance whatsoever. SMH Nigerians will always be conned.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by sollygirl: 11:42am On May 29, 2012
Dear unilag students as much as I want to say Mr president played another trick on us by renaming Unilag after this great man , rather than renaming the likes of the National assembly building after d man who died for democracy, I want to say that I understand how some of u feel as most were still very young in 1993 ! So the importance of this will be lost on u guys !
I believe the occupy unilag is misplaced as what is being potrayed here is simple ! NIGERIA IS NOT WORTH DIEING FOR ! Sad . For some of us who were part of that struggle, it saddens once heart and I ask myself is is worth it to be on the side of the people?hmmm
I will plead with undergraduates of the MKO ABIOLA UNIVESITY to give honour to whom its due ! Make una no vex he no affect d packaging ! Strictlymyopinion!!

2 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Ideasroole: 11:42am On May 29, 2012
Hey Dudes, y'all better calm down and save your precious lives before the situation degenerates into sumfn else. Also the protest of a thing isnt gonna change anything. Yea, its only human and partly natural to oppose changes at first but am sure with time y'all will get over it.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Beowulf(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2012
Protesting Unilag (Mau) students acting like Mau Mau rebels grin

3 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Ricdave(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2012
MKO died because of democracy, MKO brought hope to the Yoruba race, MKO was ready to loose his life, MKO was not willing to give up on his quest, MKO won the election, MKO had a passion for his people, MKO was denied victory, MKO was jailed for trying to make Nigerians happier, MKO died in prison, MKO never lived to see what he fought for, as if that wasn't enough and the most painful of all, MKO's wife was later killed. How else can we celebrate and appreciate his bravery, his commitment, his passion. Let's think on these words

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by finguy(m): 11:45am On May 29, 2012
My babe is a student of moshood abiola university.......thinking.........she go fit speak english so?

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by jmaine: 11:48am On May 29, 2012
proudly9ja:

Im sure many have given up on him so there's not much to analyse from his speech. What else can he add to

Increase in electricity tarriff
Increase in fuel price
Increase in kidnap cases
Increase in Boko Haram activities
Increase in unemployment rates

Even in sports, it was during the reign of GEJ that we failed to qualify for ALL football major competitions. U17, U21, African Cup of Nations, Olympics, All African games and even the falcons failed to qualify for the female world cup and olympics

Disappointed a bit with the name change, Yes . .as an akokite wink . . . .but giving hope on him for doing this is a big no . . .petty . . . how we focus mainly only the name change and forget we have others issues to address . . .

And yet we call him dull grin

Proudly MAU joor ooh tongue

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by salibee: 11:51am On May 29, 2012
Thousands of police depolyed around Akoka as if we are in a war situation •Clueless Gej
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by tomzman: 11:51am On May 29, 2012
ayusman16: THe protesters are simply dumb. They obviously have no respect in the man called MKO Abiola..
What did Abiola donate to the school before he died.Did he donate even a book to the school library? You, man are the dumb one here!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by fubbyy(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2012
Isaactop9: what has d name got to do with the academic activities the students are so foolish.

It has a lot to do with it, don't you know that the name of school you attended put you in a certain status when an employer is going through you c.v,
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by fubbyy(m): 11:53am On May 29, 2012
Isaactop9: what has d name got to do with the academic activities the students are so foolish.

It has a lot to do with it, don't you know that the name of the school you attended puts you on a certain status when an employer is going through your c.v,
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by maclatunji: 11:54am On May 29, 2012
Ricdave: MKO died because of democracy, MKO brought hope to the Yoruba race, MKO was ready to loose his life, MKO was not willing to give up on his quest, MKO won the election, MKO had a passion for his people, MKO was denied victory, MKO was jailed for trying to make Nigerians happier, MKO died in prison, MKO never lived to see what he fought for, as if that wasn't enough and the most painful of all, MKO's wife was later killed. How else can we celebrate and appreciate his bravery, his commitment, his passion. Let's think on these words

By acknowledging that he won the June 12 1993 Presidential election, and declaring him President posthumously. Thereafter, provide good governance and STOP rigging elections and let the votes of every single eligible voter count! Those are the ideals that MKO Abiola stood for not this opportunistic renaming of a university in the quest for politcal favour and patronage by GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by joeyfire(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2012
Unilag, sorry MAU students hit the streets

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by komek(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2012

Pls who is he? Is he thesame man that was cursed by Chief Awolowo. Pls more light

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Ideasroole: 11:56am On May 29, 2012
Iveanyi:
Bad English aside, u have no right to call them dumb. It is not by force to have respect for MKO. I personally don't see what the fuss about the man is. But then again, maybe I'm just ignorant.
No bro, I don't think you were being ignorant but being sentimental and maybe ethnically bigoted too, judging from your username which looks 'Igbotic'. In as much as I'm totally against the dictatorial nature and timing of the decision, I'd say MKO deserves it.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by gegee(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2012
Silly children dem no fit sPell sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

LASU Lists 15 Unwanted Dressing Styles Among Students On Campus / How I Almost Got Rusticated Today!!! / ASUU’s Demands Unrealistic – Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.