Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,668 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (28310 Views)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG / ASUU Introduces ‘UNILAG Forever’ Badge To Discredit Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ballabriggs: 11:58am On May 29, 2012
This country you people have given this man to run is bigger than his brain. He does not know what to do. He is only geared for deceit while he loots the treasury. It is really sad.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Nobody: 11:59am On May 29, 2012
Should a name change be his priority right now? How does that even change the state of education in the country? Watch out now, maybe on Oct. 1st, he'll change Nigeria's name to Republic of OBJ.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Youngsage: 11:59am On May 29, 2012
Alxmyr: Is this the first time government will change name of University?
Make all the UNILAG dudes go and sit down.
some pple sef. There is already Moshood Abiola polytechnic in Ogun state, so why name two tertiary institutions after a person? Or even if they want to name a university after him, why not FUNAAB in Ogun state also? There are obviously political reasons behind this move.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by meforkene(m): 12:02pm On May 29, 2012
Shame on all those UNILAG professors..efing cowards..what sorta na me is that..come to think of it @ d end of the day,who d hell is abiola and what did he do for his pppl..this sympathy is enough please..nonsense misplacement of priorities!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Orikinla(m): 12:03pm On May 29, 2012
Only a retarded President will play cheap politics with the name of a leading university.
Imagine changing the name of Cambridge to Queen Elizabeth University.
This GEJ or whatever you prefer to call him is INTELLECTUALLY SICK! grin
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by coalcoal1(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2012
GREAT MAUITES!

TUALE!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Ideasroole: 12:04pm On May 29, 2012
fubbyy:

It has a lot to do with it, don't you know that the name of school you attended put you in a certain status when an employer is going through you c.v,
I totally disagree with you on this. Seriously, the name of any institution has got little or nothing to do with your individual capability and acquired skills maybe you were just trying to talk about the swagzzz that's attach to it.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 29, 2012
kamsibaby: Miss UNILAG will now be refferd to as Miss MALU hahahahahaha

UNILAG FM now MFM.. Gej is a joke

3 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by meforkene(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2012
jmaine: Going away from the emotional tirade which i also indulged in briefly . . .aint we supposed to bug ourselves with the entire GEJ speech by trying to scrutinize his speech for the merits and the demerits . . .

Funny how much tears is shed over "Just name change" that is materialistic than focus on issues that have more substance that will impacts on our lives directly

What's it's really in a name when we should be concerned about the quality of the education we receive . . . .
U said what is really a name right?..smdh..I think you are a coward..please change ur name to bingo..it would not change u afterall
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Piyke: 12:08pm On May 29, 2012
Very sad news angry. University of Lagos would command much more international repute. Now this beautiful place now has a name that makes it sound as if its a place that raises dullards. No disrespect to MKO, he was a great man but men! Its like changing University of London to Tony Blair University
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ollyruffy: 12:08pm On May 29, 2012
If you have a son, daughter, brother, sister in that school, you better call him and give an honest advice not to go about protesting rubish and focus on his/her future.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by munigas(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2012
I now bliv that gej is not worth to call a presd....cuz en no de tink!!!!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by stagger: 12:10pm On May 29, 2012
A name is a brand. I cannot fathom the reason behind this decision.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by daywatcher: 12:11pm On May 29, 2012
When will some people realise that majority westerners does not give a shit about them
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by salibee: 12:12pm On May 29, 2012
Student vowed to continue the protest all day in sabo yaba lagos :just hope there will be no straight bullet

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by meforkene(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2012
Ricdave: MKO died because of democracy, MKO brought hope to the Yoruba race, MKO was ready to loose his life, MKO was not willing to give up on his quest, MKO won the election, MKO had a passion for his people, MKO was denied victory, MKO was jailed for trying to make Nigerians happier, MKO died in prison, MKO never lived to see what he fought for, as if that wasn't enough and the most painful of all, MKO's wife was later killed. How else can we celebrate and appreciate his bravery, his commitment, his passion. Let's think on these words
How many of your children did u name after him..find something else and name after him please..and u choose a university like unilag..stupid..please nobody should touch ma GREAT UNN!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ibrak90(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2012
This GEJ BOI now get small sense ...
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by jmaine: 12:13pm On May 29, 2012
meforkene:
U said what is really a name right?..smdh..I think you are a coward..please change ur name to bingo..it would not change u afterall

Next time when you want to ruffle a feather especially mine . . .do it well

Poor attempt to sound smart out of your annoyance . . . For the record . .was a former and currently an Akokite . .get my drift wink
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by usefaith(m): 12:13pm On May 29, 2012
Pls carry go joor my Able President. U.I LAMIDI ADEDIBU UNI- LAU Uniben- Anthony Enahoro uni- AEU unilorin- Rasheed yekini uni- RYU. Tell them u are d the president.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by meforkene(m): 12:15pm On May 29, 2012
For all those that don't sEe a problem with this...think of their certificates now..they'll carry MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNi certificates outside this country right..plain stupid name..it will drag them graduates down!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ishmael(m): 12:17pm On May 29, 2012
What is bad about that? I thought yoruba's have been asking for the immortalization of MKO's name? Govt have done it now and they are complaining again. Or is it because he is not from lagos state? What about uni of ife that was changed to OAU? Did the people of osun or ile-ife complain? I'm really surprised. The same yoruba's and lagosians that claimed to love MKO now rejecting his name. You people have really betrayed MKO's family. MAULAG may sound funny but people will soon get used to it.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ortopazz(m): 12:17pm On May 29, 2012
whether or not the change is palatable their protest is unnecessary
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by meforkene(m): 12:18pm On May 29, 2012
jmaine:

Next time when you want to ruffle a feather especially mine . . .do it well

Poor attempt to sound smart out of your annoyance . . . For the record . .was a former and currently an Akokite . .get my drift wink
Now u sound very disjointed..go and get ur transcript now and tell me how u love it..
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 29, 2012
UNILAG now MAU (Mama Awon University) finally bows to OAU (Oba Awon University)

2 Likes

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ishmael(m): 12:19pm On May 29, 2012
meforkene: For all those that don't sEe a problem with this...think of their certificates now..they'll carry MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNi certificates outside this country right..plain stupid name..it will drag them graduates down!
Their graduates are already down, it won't be because of the change of name.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by nelly4(f): 12:20pm On May 29, 2012
i can now authoritatively say that we have a bastard for a president....i remain an akokite......alumni of the great university of lagos and this d.i.c.k called a president cannot change dat fact......issshhhhh.....piss of shit called jonathan badluck.......
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ortopazz(m): 12:22pm On May 29, 2012
ishmael: What is bad about that? I thought yoruba's have been asking for the immortalization of MKO's name? Govt have done it now and they are complaining again. Or is it because he is not from lagos state? What about uni of ife that was changed to OAU? Did the people of osun or ile-ife complain? I'm really surprised. The same yoruba's and lagosians that claimed to love MKO now rejecting his name. You people have really betrayed MKO's family. MAULAG may sound funny but people will soon get used to it.

wwllllll at a time i would av supported the move but being for what it is i dont really buy the idea of mau though i knw that it is becos of the swag that mite av accompanied the unilag name that the studs are protesting and not necessarily the immortalization.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Orikinla(m): 12:23pm On May 29, 2012
meforkene:
How many of your children did u name after him..find something else and name after him please..and u choose a university like unilag..stupid..please nobody should touch ma GREAT UNN!

I HEREBY CHANGE THE NAME OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA TO THE UNIVERSITY OF IKENBA OJUKWU. grin
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by johnstar(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2012
Children of malouda or malou university, protesting ,,,,,,,,, grin grin grin
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Almaiga: 12:27pm On May 29, 2012
Mumu president, how does the change of name reduce the high rate of the school fees paid by the student? Or how does this reduce the hardship that the citizens are facing at the moment? Mr jona, grow up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How I Almost Got Rusticated Today!!! / ASUU’s Demands Unrealistic – Oby Ezekwesili / Truth Or Dare: What Really Is The Game All About In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.