Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (28302 Views)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG / ASUU Introduces ‘UNILAG Forever’ Badge To Discredit Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by werepeLeri: 1:35pm On May 29, 2012
When they renamed University of Ife to Obafemi Awolowo University - where were this urchins?
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by otokx(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2012
And the clock is still ticking
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Jaykizz(m): 1:37pm On May 29, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
1025: Joe just changed the name of the school to Mashood Abiola University and the students are protesting now. What do you think?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/715055_lag1_jpg100590b9903a8cf15ee84b4c150cea84 www.nairaland.com/attachments/715056_lag2_jpg49459ead4b048ecc019bbcb6d525c6cf
angry
1025: Joe just changed the name of the school to Mashood Abiola University and the students are protesting now. What do you think?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/715055_lag1_jpg100590b9903a8cf15ee84b4c150cea84 www.nairaland.com/attachments/715056_lag2_jpg49459ead4b048ecc019bbcb6d525c6cf
AL OF UNA NO GET WK..............
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 29, 2012
So the main reason why most oppose it is because of the "SWAGZ" the former name carries, dat's not a gud reason, dat doesn't drop d akada standard now and MAUL is toosh too. They slept in UNILAG but woke up in MAUL, e go pain person sha.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by akoraye(m): 1:37pm On May 29, 2012
This Jonamumu sha! has he forgotten that there is Moshood Abiola politechnic in Abeokuta?
Infact, im tired of this mumu called Jona!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Valo29: 1:38pm On May 29, 2012
It is obvious the guy's brains are under his feet and being one without shoes,imagine what his brian will be like.God will help Nigeria or else......
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by dj187: 1:39pm On May 29, 2012
Thank God my certificate bears d name university of lagos, I jst can't stand MAU MAU
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by wengerjay(m): 1:39pm On May 29, 2012
Me doesn,t see any basis for this protest,it is uncalled-for.Everybody criticized the previous govts for nt immortalizing MKO,now u people are now complaining again.Is it bc of the abbreviation sounds local or what,MAU perhabs he should ave named it University of Kola or Kasimawo,UK.Pls lets propose this name,it sounds ENGLISH.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Valo29: 1:39pm On May 29, 2012
It is obvious the guy's brains are under his feet and being one without shoes,imagine what his brain will be like,IF HE HAS BRAINS AT ALL.God will help Nigeria or else......
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by werepeLeri: 1:43pm On May 29, 2012
Valo29: It is obvious the guy's brains are under his feet and being one without shoes,imagine what his brain will be like,IF HE HAS BRAINS AT ALL.God will help Nigeria or else......

And the logic for this irritating post is what?
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Turbocharged: 1:43pm On May 29, 2012
Soldiers should be deployed to shoot any id.ee.ot found on the street protesting. Fuuuuuls.

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by toideve(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2012
Ehya! UI is next
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by P406: 1:43pm On May 29, 2012
this our GEJ dey fall hand sha.when i first saw this all i could say was this is razz,this is razz............
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by deebsman1(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2012
But seriously, me as an individual..I don't c anything wrong in renaming unilag to moshood abiola uni.......let's give d man d respect he deserves
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by kheart(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2012
Thank u very much joe u try well well. Abusite is d best now ahead of maulites. Hahahahaha
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 29, 2012
Turbocharged: Soldiers should be deployed to shoot any id.ee.ot found on the street protesting. Fuuuuuls.

I pray your STUPEED dad and mum will be passing by begging the students for money like they do everyday when the soldiers shoot. so they get killed and u will be an orphan. Ideeot and sonofahoe
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Turbocharged: 1:50pm On May 29, 2012
abouzaid: The deed is done and he wont change his mind in order not to look weak in the eyes of the masses. If soldiers are drafted in, they will only leave trails of tears,sorrow and blood.
And the students will get death certificate. Certificate na certificate jare.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Sbrainy(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2012
AM A STUDENT OF OAU BUT I TINK AKOKITES SHOULD BE DOGGED AND SAY NO TO MAU. OCCUPYLAG# NO TO INJUSTICE. VOICE OF THE STUDENTS MUST BE RESPECTED. ALUTA CONTINUA!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 29, 2012
GREAT MAUITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by jossy26: 1:53pm On May 29, 2012
I think MANU sounds better; i.e - Moshood Abiola Nigeria University. That sounds cool right?#lol#

1 Like

Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by ifeci: 1:54pm On May 29, 2012
Why won't you be happy if you were in their shoes? Do they own the school? The students should be more concerned with the quality of the degrees they are studying for rather than bog themselves down with inanities.

Has GEJ not with a mere name change successfully distracted people from discussing the real issues confronting his wobbly administration and the restive country?

is it that you are so daft to know that a quality result is synonymous with the name of the school? can u compare an MBA from havard with its equivalent from lets say university of salford?
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by werepeLeri: 1:54pm On May 29, 2012
Sbrainy: AM A STUDENT OF OAU BUT I TINK AKOKITES SHOULD BE DOGGED AND SAY NO TO MAU. OCCUPYLAG# NO TO INJUSTICE. VOICE OF THE STUDENTS MUST BE RESPECTED. ALUTA CONTINUA!

WTF. Which injustice? Na their papa get the University?
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by feeqtee(m): 1:54pm On May 29, 2012
Turbocharged: Soldiers should be deployed to shoot any id.ee.ot found on the street protesting. Fuuuuuls.
OverCharged Turbocharged, you are not okay at all.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by kooto(m): 1:55pm On May 29, 2012
I think the name sounds odd, not marketable atall; particularly when you abreviate it 'MAU' [like the MAUMAU in east africa] though the name doesn't change the standered sha.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Turbocharged: 1:55pm On May 29, 2012
Kayusfity:

I pray your STUPEED dad and mum will be passing by begging the students for money like they do everyday when the soldiers shoot. so they get killed and u will be an orphan. Ideeot and sonofahoe
Call me what u like, it doesn't matter. Why not join them and die with them and get a death certificate. No be certificate them they find there?
No name for you grin
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by born2boink(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2012
LASU should be name FELA ANIKULAPO UNIVERSITY (FAU)

Please Gej,please ooooO name it
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by quin9(f): 1:58pm On May 29, 2012
If Jona likes or appreciates MKO so much,he shld build a University and call it whatever name he wishes to,or beta still he can rename his Aso Rock after him.....misplaced priority
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Babakenny(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2012
Thank God too my certificate bears the great University of Lagos, 'the Nations pride school'. I wanted to do my postgraduate next session but now that the University has been renamed, I can't stand having MAU in my postgraduate certificate.

With this said, the great Unilag will loose many prospective students for this stupid and untimely name change. A lot of young people seek admission to this great school cos of her name 'UNILAG'.

Chichi.. Hey Nancy!! Guess what!!
Nancy..what Chichi!
Chichi.. I just got an admission into Unilag...
Nancy... Oh really?
Chichi.. Yes yes of course! I'm super excited!!
Nancy.. Hmmmmm! But have u heard?
Chichi... Heard what, what's going on?
Nancy... Its no longer Unilag but Mau or Moau or I don't knw
Chichi.. When does this happen?
Nancy... Jonathan did it. He changed the schl to suit the west and bribe himself for 2015.
Chichi.. Oh no! I picked the schl cos of her name Unilag!
Chichi... My other friends have been calling me Unilag babe already! Wht's next now? I guess I"ll change school!
Nancy... That's a good idea...
Chichi.. I'm goin home, I'm not happy anymore. I hate this Jonah... Nonsense!!!!
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by Turbocharged: 2:00pm On May 29, 2012
feeqtee:
OverCharged Turbocharged, you are not okay at all.
Yes I am. these guys have never protested the low quality of education they recieve for the money they pay, here they are protesting over nothing. Misplaced priority.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by pmarine: 2:00pm On May 29, 2012
Some of you guys don't think at all, If you attend or attended unilag, you'll understand it. OAU was renamed after awolowo because he fought for the cause when he was premier of the western region and built the school. He contributed a lot to western education etc, I am not in anyway down grading mko but GEJ's move is political and unacceptable. They should build new universities, new roads etc and name them whatever they like.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by werepeLeri: 2:01pm On May 29, 2012
Babakenny: Thank God too my certificate bears the great University of Lagos, 'the Nations pride school'. I wanted to do my postgraduate next session but now that the University has been renamed, I can't stand having MAU in my postgraduate certificate.

With this said, the great Unilag will loose many prospective students for this stupid and untimely name change. A lot of young people seek admission to this great school cos of her name 'UNILAG'.

Chichi.. Hey Nancy!! Guess what!!
Nancy..what Chichi!
Chichi.. I just got an admission into Unilag...
Nancy... Oh really?
Chichi.. Yes yes of course! I'm super excited!!
Nancy.. Hmmmmm! But have u heard?
Chichi... Heard what, what's going on?
Nancy... Its no longer Unilag but Mau or Moau or I don't knw
Chichi.. When does this happen?
Nancy... Jonathan did it. He changed the schl to suit the west and bribe himself for 2015.
Chichi.. Oh no! I picked the schl cos of her name Unilag!
Chichi... My other friends have been calling me Unilag babe already! Wht's next now? I guess I"ll change school!
Nancy... That's a good idea...
Chichi.. I'm goin home, I'm not happy anymore. I hate this Jonah... Nonsense!!!!

The way u think.
Re: Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming by born2boink(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2012
No more unilag runs girl.. Thank you Gej, dem do corrupt the school with aristo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

LASU Lists 15 Unwanted Dressing Styles Among Students On Campus / Truth Or Dare: What Really Is The Game All About In Nigeria? / How I Almost Got Rusticated Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.