Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

When 'love' Makes You Cry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When 'love' Makes You Cry (14040 Views)

When Love Makes You Blind (pics) / 13 Common Ways Love Makes Us Act Foolish. / True Love Makes Sacrifices And Not Excuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2012
Goldieluks:

what is 'the koko'?? shocked

shocked grin You're my 'kokolet'. cheesy cheesy
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
Brixtonyute: I was born a rose but I grew up out of concrete to find my way in the world.. Dad was never really around, and mum worked her socks off to raise me.. Childhood was tragicomedy literally; sweet sometimes, but hard as a rock sometimes..Yeah, I was a council estate kid! I vowed at age 7 never to shed a tear for the rest of my life, and take on every situation I face like a man.. Age 10, I was already a man, making my own money and saving, in secondary school..

At age 13, the yardies on my block were my role models, and the notorious Myatts Field, Brixton was where I called home.. Age 14, I was a gang member shotting weed, crack, PCP etc. on those roads. I had whatever drug you can get from a road pharmacist, and the fiends never stopped ringing my phone.. I had my own share of road wars, got shanked a couple of times, and shot at a couple of times.

But my life change when I met this chic. Pretty thing with a big batty.. She showed me the love I never believed existed, and she loved me so much that I was scared she was trying to set me up, and hand me over to the jakes.. Then I discovered I was also in love with this girl, but I just couldn't act right because my past life shaped up my mentality the wrong way.. I've anger problems, and trust was something that was foreign to me due to my past life.. I'm from the school of hardknocks, and the road code of ethics governs the way I live, and how I do things.. Thanks to this chic and her persistence, and help; I got an education, but it never changed my mentality..

About 7months ago, she left me, and my life has never been the same..My life ended the day she left me, and I've never been the same since then.. I still cry sometimes because of this girl (Something I vowed never to do again)..

It must be love, and love is indeed powerful!

True life story.
Mumu
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by RealBitch(f): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
ijebabe:
As long as you're aware of the problem and there's a lesson learnt you're on the right path. Just don't make a mess of the next one, crying may not be your only concern lipsrsealed
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
[size=16pt]Look at the title Mukinatu gave it when love makes you cry- LOL another nollywood flick grin grin grin[/size]
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
All these Ibadan-Yorubas no go sidan for Dugbe Market and Oke-Bola...

Na so dem go find visa run go Peckham, Deptford, Brixton, Moston, Gorton, etc... go dey born born street kids inside council flat... most of those children go end up in knife crimes...thereby giving every Nigerian in diaspora a bad name...

@Poster, the girl in question is an under-cover agent... Love my arse, she don finish her investigations, very soon the Metropolitan Police will come kick ur arse...

Better look for some skill and put your life to good use... than being a knife-wielding kid...

Don't do drugs, and stay outta trouble...
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
Nice prose. The question is, you havent lived in Ajegunle and you think you are a rose out of rocks. Am sure your case is a child's play compared to some other people's yet they learn that life itself is not fair, trust is a word, and it does exist. Street is military, you got to be a soldier.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by georgesylva(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
TALES BY MOONLIGHT.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided
so the point of the self confessed sob story is?.............
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by cowgurl: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
Brixtonyute: I was born a rose but I grew up out of concrete to find my way in the world.. Dad was never really around, and mum worked her socks off to raise me.. Childhood was tragicomedy literally; sweet sometimes, but hard as a rock sometimes..Yeah, I was a council estate kid! I vowed at age 7 never to shed a tear for the rest of my life, and take on every situation I face like a man.. Age 10, I was already a man, making my own money and saving, in secondary school..

At age 13, the yardies on my block were my role models, and the notorious Myatts Field Estate, Brixton was where I called home.. Age 14, I was a gang member shotting weed, crack, PCP etc. on those roads. I had whatever drug you can get from a road pharmacist, and the fiends never stopped ringing my phone.. I had my own share of road wars, got shanked a couple of times, and shot at a couple of times.

But my life changed when I met this chic. Pretty thing with a big batty.. She showed me the love I never believed existed, and she loved me so much that I was scared she was trying to set me up, and hand me over to the jakes.. Then I discovered I was also in love with this girl, but I just couldn't act right because my past life shaped up my mentality the wrong way.. I've anger problems, and trust was something that was foreign to me due to my past life.. I'm from the school of hardknocks, and the road code of ethics governs the way I live, and how I do things.. Thanks to this chic and her persistence, and help; I got an education, but it never changed my mentality..

About 7months ago, she left me, and my life has never been the same..My life ended the day she left me, and I've never been the same since then.. I still cry sometimes because of this girl (Something I vowed never to do again)..

It must be love, and love is indeed powerful!

True life story.
Awwwww! This is sadly sweet Brixtonyute, bringing back memories in me I'l rather forget. Once upon a time, I was in this kind of relationship, it was beautiful but the trust thingy was lacking, did all I could to make it work but it just didn't, one minute we cool and the next we not, twas crazy and so I opt to leave and till date the dude's still on my neck wanting us back but I can't cos 'v moved on. Am glad you considering counselling, told my ex same, but he didn't like the idea of shrinks telling him crap (his words exactly). The counselling session is really gonna help you deal with all them feelings you'v gat inside of you leaving you feeling very refreshed and alive, good luck to you bro!
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by PrinceDudu(m): 6:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
lestat: undecided undecided undecided undecided
so the point of the self confessed sob story is?.............

No TRUST No LOVE. #Beware#
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Yeske2(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
Brixtonyute=Bittyend=Shymmex.
Liar, tales by 'sunlight'.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
Yeske!:
Brixtonyute=Bittyend=Shymmex.
Liar, tales by 'sunlight'.

Phuck off!

How can brixtonyute be shymmex, when I'm from the other side?

Read more about London before posting your ignorance.. And I'm not Bittyend! undecided
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
Counselling sure do help, and I wish you all the best, G.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Yeske2(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Yeske2(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
shymmex:

Phuck off!

How can brixtonyute be shymmex, when I'm from the other side?

Read more about London before posting your ignorance.. And I'm not Bittyend! undecided
Yada Yada Yada, save your breath and enjoy.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
^^^If you don't know, I'm from peckham - and I can't go to brixton...

And why would I need counselling, when I volunteer as a youth worker every week - to talk to kids about the gang culture?

Stop stalking me, mate. undecided
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by DidiLove1: 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Piss in.
And u say u ain't Nigerian undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by airlord: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
Comin here writin poems and feelin gangsta behind his keyboard. Grow up kid.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Yeske2(m): 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2012
shymmex: ^^^If you don't know, I'm from peckham - and I can't go to brixton...

And why would I need counselling, when I volunteer as a youth worker every week - to talk to kids about the gang culture?

Stop stalking me, mate. undecided
Save the epistle for the Queen.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
^^^^God save the Queen.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by queensmith: 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2012
shymmex:

About ghetto love, you know. grin

Like you were not born in a council flat yourself, GTFOH... Tell those porky pies to Nigerians living in Nigeria, not me cheesy

*I see through your bs from afar*

What ends are you from? Bwahahahahahahahaha lipsrsealed undecided

See what I mean, when I say there is something wrong with you I'm not insulting you I'm just stating facts. The way you reason and the things you type makes it very obvious there is something wrong with your brain.
A man is talking about yardie friends, running scams, taking (dealing?) drugs and growing up on the roughs of brixton (since we all know most of brixton is actually quite posh and bloody expensive) you are here talking about being born in a council flat? What does the nonsense you are saying have to do with what i'm saying?

I for one second cannot relate to this boy for the simple fact that i'm not ghetto, people say my area is ghetto i've never witnessed a crime. I speak properly I have an education, i've never ran bashers or atm scams or what have you, i'm not married so i don't have a child and i wouldn't go near a yardie if you paid me.

It doesn't even matter what ends you are from, or if you live in a council flat- a council flat is a right to property, living in one doesnt make you ghetto? I went to uni with people that grew up in brixton, I know many medics, lawyers, nurses what have you that come from brixton and peckham and what have it. They don't speak slang or do drugs.

If you live in london you should know that there is a good blend of rich and poor in every area.
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by meekmk(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
BRO.. WE SHOULD BE PARTNERS... THIS IS THE SAME EXACT STORY OF MY LYFE RIGHT NOW, EXCEPT, SHE HASN'T LEFT ME, SHE LOVES ME, TOO, AND I DONT SMOKE DRINK NOR DRUGS...
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Goldieluks: 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
shymmex:

shocked grin You're my 'kokolet'. cheesy cheesy

What is kokolet? Am lost!
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Yeske2(m): 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2012
Goldieluks:

Means God save the Queen
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
queensmith:
See what I mean, when I say there is something wrong with you I'm not insulting you I'm just stating facts. The way you reason and the things you type makes it very obvious there is something wrong with your brain.

I hear that! And your brain is perfect, huh? undecided

A man is talking about yardie friends, running scams, taking (dealing?) drugs and growing up on the roughs of brixton (since we all know most of brixton is actually quite posh and bloody expensive) you are here talking about being born in a council flat? What does the nonsense you are saying have to do with what i'm saying?

The young man was talking about the hardships he encountered, whilst growing up - and how he had to become a man at a young age, just to fend for himself.. But rather than have some empathy on the guy, because you know how tough things are in London - you were trying to show your holier than thou sentiments.. Yeah, if you were born and raised in a council flat - how dare you say you don't know what 'ghetto love' is? I can see through your bs. undecided

And Brixton being expensive is subjective - and the guy already said he's from Myatts Field Estate.. The last time I checked, there is nothing posh there - just a run down estate controlled by the PDC gang.. If you're from London, you should know you can never escape the gang life if you're from places like Myatts Field Estate, Angel town etc. in Brixton

I for one second cannot relate to this boy for the simple fact that i'm not ghetto, people say my area is ghetto i've never witnessed a crime. I speak properly I have an education, i've never ran bashers or atm scams or what have you, i'm not married so i don't have a child and i wouldn't go near a yardie if you paid me.

Who cares about how you speak, and your level of education? Isn't the guy who posted the thread educated? Or can an uneducated wasteman compose a well written essay like the one the OP posted?

It doesn't even matter what ends you are from, or if you live in a council flat- a council flat is a right to property, living in one doesnt make you ghetto? I went to uni with people that grew up in brixton, I know many medics, lawyers, nurses what have you that come from brixton and peckham and what have it. They don't speak slang or do drugs.

Delusions of grandeur!! They don't speak slang, you know.. grin
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by chineloSA(f): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
Brixtonyute:

I was just narrating a true life story of how love can make people cry. The power of love.

You know why she left you?
You kinda boring.

1 Like

Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
-
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
Goldieluks:

I'll tell you, when you let me show you the koko. grin
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by warrior101: 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2012
Brixtonyute: To everyone:

Have you ever heard about the fear of the unknown? The fear that keeps you in a state of being scared of everything and everyone. Life isn't rosy for everyone, some were born 'great' and others achieve 'greatness'. If you had to live through the murky waters, I have to pass through growing up, then you would understand my story..

I'm the rose that grew out of concrete!

@OP ~ Howz ya, I bet your not a Pom... Forgive my curiosity, but where are you from originally?

@Topic ~ I think I'll pass. Thanks
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by queensmith: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
shymmex:

I hear that! And your brain is perfect, huh? undecided

absolutely

shymmex: The young man was talking about the hardships he encountered, whilst growing up - and how he had to become a man at a young age, just to fend for himself.. But rather than have some empathy on the guy, because you know how tough things are in London - you were trying to show your holier than thou sentiments.. Yeah, if you were born and raised in a council flat - how dare you say you don't know what 'ghetto love' is? I can see through your bs. undecided

sharrap, were my statements holier than thou? I don't understand why you are now crying. I honestly can't see what will make a 'ganster' (or a ganstress grin) attractive. I don't get it, the whole hip hop love what you have it fascinates me muchly!

shymmex: And Brixton being expensive is subjective - and the guy already said he's from Myatts Field Estate.. The last time I checked, there is nothing posh there - just a run down estate controlled by the PDC gang.. If you're from London, you should know you can never escape the gang live if you're from places like Myatts Field Estate, Angel town etc. in Brixton

I wouldnt know!!! I don't know 'rough' council estates and brixton! I don't know any post codes or the names of any gangs abeg!

shymmex: Who cares about how you speak, and your level of education? Isn't the guy who posted the thread educated? Or can an uneducated wasteman compose a well written essay like the one the OP posted?

You're the one insinuating I'm ghetto, we are not all the same.

shymmex: Delusions of grandeur!! They don't speak slang, you know.. grin

You're not one of them how would you know? I don't blame you for not being able to understand that we aren't all ghetto!
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Goldieluks: 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
shymmex:

I'll tell you, when you let me show you the koko. grin

Show me the koko then...am lost, still....

Yeske!:
Means God save the Queen

What Queen??
Re: When 'love' Makes You Cry by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2012
queensmith:
You're the one insinuating I'm ghetto, we are not all the same.

And what makes you think "I'm ghetto?" That's the problem with you, and your unattractive way of life (I'm still surprised you think you're 'charming' in your deluded mind).

You're not one of them how would you know? I don't blame you for not being able to understand that we aren't all ghetto!

Yeah, I'm not one of 'them' - but none of 'them' can compete with me intellectually.. I said it, and you can take it to the bank. undecided

Take your bs and your fake life somewhere else, I'm allergic to fake people..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Giving Your Partner A Spare Key: Is It Right? / 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion / Check Out Photos Of This Lady With A Fake Boobs & Butt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.