Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid - Jokes Etc (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid (24856 Views)

14 Photos You Will Definitely Relate To If You Played Football As A Kid / Ladies: When You Have A Kid As A Boyfriend (pix) / A Kid Was Crying Outside His House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by simba4us: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
I tought when a driver re-fills his fuel tank, the car would speed more. Also, when a bike man waved his hand to show the direction he's to take, i thought it was his hand that pulled the bike in that direction. Lol
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Pinoralia: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
I use to believe there are only three countries in the world- Nigeria, US and London ( thinking London is a country).

I thought USA Ψå§ in the cloud that's why airplanes fly up to drop people there.

I adviced М̣̣̇Ɣ dad to carry our house to London S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ that w̶̲̥̅ξ will be leaving there.

One day, NEPA took light and I Ψå§ wondering why †ђξ wall clock didn't stip working.

I use to believe shadow is a spirit.

I use to believe God is angry when thunder strikes.

I use to believe all old women are witches.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by hok4u(f): 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
As A̶̲̥̅̊ kid then,i use to believed or told that Daewoo Racer is †ђe fastest car.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Uchewsk(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
I used 2 believe dat pastors do not hav penis,nd dat u cnt get pregnant until u r married den God'll put a baby in ya stomach,wen i nw saw a girl dat wasn't maried pregnant,i cudnt believe it,i askd my mum hw com bt she didnt wan 2 tel me so she tld me d gal is married,until i reachd jss 3 den i knw watsup...lolz
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by 234GT(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
Reading all these lies parents have told innocent children, I wonder how many parents will be in heaven!

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by wildguy(m): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
-i told ma teachers then that I would beat Dem wen I grow older Dan Dem.. I tot as I grew older dey wld grow smaller and waz really happy..

-i tot tiny ppl where inside a radio and TV

- I tot wen rain falls, God was using watering can to water the earth.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Sijo01(f): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
sinie: Oh and my mum used to tell us if we fell sick she ll sell us and use the money to buy another baby, so whenever we were sick we ll pretend to be fine till we are almost dying! Lol

Omg, dis gat me lol wit tears!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by pato405(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
when on long distant journeys in popsi's car, particularly if it's on a very straight highway, the road appears like a hill, curved upwards, i used to think that we'll drive our car up the curved hill but it never came to that point, rather as we approached, the road only became flat and the one behind went up. shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided. i just feel disappointed each time this happens...not knowing its only a mirage.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ayobase(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
sinie: Oh and my mum used to tell us if we fell sick she ll sell us and use the money to buy another baby, so whenever we were sick we ll pretend to be fine till we are almost dying! Lol
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nasri100(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
when i was a kid i use to think ARsenal wont got trophyless for this long.Jeez #justsaying

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ayobase(m): 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2012
hbabe:

lol. I was told this too.

My mum told me that drinking coconut water makes one dull.

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Ifeanyispace: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2012
Used to believe that rich men don't "pupu"
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Sijo01(f): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
hbabe:

lol.
Evry elders around me so much made me 2bliv dis. As old as i am now, I finaly summon courage 2drink it jst last month.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ayobase(m): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
I remember telling my classmates that my father has an airport filled with airplanes.....they believed me, they wanted to come and see!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Missvenus: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
Wen I wz way younger, I used 2 think dat at nite, d moon could actually walk n dat it followed me evrywhr I went. Also weneva I wz in a movin vehicle n I lookd out thru d windows, I'd usually think dat all d trees n buildngs were also moving! cheesy
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by omicron(m): 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
Zediccus: Whenever i poo on a newspaper, i made sure it landed on the pic of someone. (in those days abacha was the president and thus appeared often on papers) The belief that abacha was perceiving my poo right at that time was classic.
lmao @classic
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ayobase(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
pato405: when on long distant journeys in popsi's car, particularly if it's on a very straight highway, the road appears like a hill, curved upwards, i used to think that we'll drive our car up the curved hill but it never came to that point, rather as we approached, the road only became flat and the one behind went up. shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided. i just feel disappointed each time this happens...not knowing its only a mirage.

And d leaves running in reverse!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ayobase(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
hok4u: As A̶̲̥̅̊ kid then,i use to believe or told that Daewoo Racer is †ђe fastest car.

Walahi!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Jaykizz(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
Lol...al of u wont mak me stp dis laf...
I usd to wonda au ma mom n dad slept wit each oda. So 1day wen i peepd tru ma mom's keyhole, i saw ma dad lyin untop of her n foldin her in his n i tut i was gona av an aburo. We wer also tld neva to tro away out teeths dat removd n to also tro our nails in d toilet.
Sn many i cant rememba nau bt ma dad tld me dat der was sum1 talkin inside dat 'big kenwood' speaker. Also, we shld just stay on a spot wen dy take off d light in d nyt til a source of power is on unless ayanmatanga wil chase us (silly me usd to tink i was hearin sounds den 2). Stil many of dm...
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by stupor(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2012
My teacher used to say if you read your books that your shoe will be sounding Kokoka,and if you don't in the future that your shoes will never sound but will sound sherere on the ground,so I read harder everyday.

I always believe that there's another world for cartoons and that cartoons are actually real images,so I cry In front of the TV,each time anything evil happens to SuperTed or The Voltron.

I secretely tasted emptied Guiness Stout and wondered why people could be drinking something so bitter And also feel happy and why it was so expensive that an a cone of icecream.

I used to feel am holier than some of my friends especially when I keep the home and schools even when I know I could just have helped them by lying.

I used to think if I could save all my pocket money without spending them from my kindergarten days that I would be a millionaire

My dad used to take us to the village to watch masquerades,and I believed him each time he says the masquerades are from another world and that they are not human.

I always believed in Jesus Christ and reminded my mother MUST get healed eachtime she falls sick and my dad MUST always have money eachtime I want something from him,and funny enough my parents would come back to tell me that my prayers worked even when they know situations are still the same.

I cry each time my mum tells me to be of good behaviour or she would report me to the Police to come and catch me,especially when she takes me out,so till date I always respect the Police.
Mchew !!!

NICE AND THANKS BRO ! FOR RELIVEN BACK OUR CHILDHOOD DAYS
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Jaykizz(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
Nasri100: when i was a kid i use to think ARsenal wont got trophyless for this long.Jeez #justsaying
THUNDA GO FIRE UR YANSH!!! STUPID BOI!!!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by passionate88: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
sinie: When I was a kid I used to think. "If for to say" was correct englishƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡
I tot when I swallowed an orange seed, the tree will grow inside me.
My mom told me I used to say tomorrow when I was supposed to say yesterday. Lol

my younger brother said that too....
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by passionate88: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
hbabe:

lol. I was told this too.

I drank it... I heard same but I didn't believe it..
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by klairekk: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
Men so kids can be this duul, THANK GOD I GREW UP IN THE BARRACK. Everything must be xperimented
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by crackhaus: 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
Meaning you be kid during 2004/2005 abi? Eyaa, sorry...

Yacubes: I used 2 believ hummer jeep is d world's most expensive suv.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Kk4(m): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
simba4us: I tought when a driver re-fills his fuel tank, the car would speed more. Also, when a bike man waved his hand to show the direction he's to take, i thought it was his hand that pulled the bike in that direction. Lol
lmao..
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by DelePhd: 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
I once believed some of the things said here but surprised nobody has mentioned this, when you stand while eating the food will go to your legs.lol
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by greedie1(f): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
As a kid, i believed dat masquerades came out from the mouth of ants wen palm wine is poured inside...
My dad told me dat eating chicken head will make me intelligent, so i ate and ate
i believed dat wearing spectacles was a sign of bein brainy.
I believed dat rain falls wen the vapour from boiling water becomes too much
my grandmum told me den dt der was another planet in the moon nd dat if i looked hard enuf, i ll see people living in d moon. My nights den were spent trying to see d moon people etc
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2012
As a kid, i believed satan was underground. Guess its not only me.. cool
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Ghogs(f): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
Nt me though.i remember wen we(me nd my sibilings)were much younger.weneva we were gven money,we'l always gv it 2 our mum.we neva askd 4 it again but my mum would tel my younger bro. Dat his money was at d bank nd weneva we passd by first bank,she would point it out 2 my bro nd tel him all his money were been savd there,then dey'l start mkn plans 2gether.my bro always plannd 2 build a 2 storey buildn 4 my mum.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
when young I used to believe d sky was full of taps. dat God would just turn them on whenever He wanted it to rain.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by horlabiyi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
When i was young i used to think its easy to succeed and become a very important person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Should Mummy Eat Junior Instead Of Garri? / Romade! Na Wetin U Put Der Wey U De Find / A Picture Of DOG Serving NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.