Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid (24848 Views)

14 Photos You Will Definitely Relate To If You Played Football As A Kid / Ladies: When You Have A Kid As A Boyfriend (pix) / A Kid Was Crying Outside His House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
When I was a kid, I used to believe that Jesus is coming back to the earth.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
When I was a child, I actually thought we will be flying to heaven in the sky on the last day

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by emexlumba(m): 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2012
i so believed that if u dug far enough in2 the earth, u'd find purgatory and if u kept digging, u'd end up in hell... Boy was i scared of ditches then? cheesy
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by uzor02(m): 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ mom told me wen I was a kid dat I shouldn't eat too much esp @ nite cos D̶̲̥̅̊ grinder in ma stomach dat grinds food needs some rest @ nite ;DM̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ mom told me wen I was a kid dat I shouldn't eat too much esp @ nite cos D̶̲̥̅̊ grinder in ma stomach dat grinds food needs some rest @ nite

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by shrek4(m): 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
when i was a kid, i thought new born babies come to the world thru the anus
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
When I was a child, I actually believed, there is heaven and hell after we die.....but what I dont know is if am still a child shocked

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by dani1luv: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ginnyluv(f): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
i was told never to pick money,sweets e.t.c ( even if its mine)from d floor cuz it now belongs to wili-wili n if i do am going to die well a day came i was jejely eating my rice oh during d festive period, i was scared of d masquerades well dis bush masquerade came out from no where n i started running threw my rice away but remembered i still had meat in dem i went back picked up d meat n cont running totally forgot d rule of wili-wili n fear of masquerade grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nosmog(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
As a kid, I used 2 fink dat speakers produce sound without d aid of an amplifier. So, one day I decided 2 experiment by pluggin d speaker directly 2 an electrical socket, guess wht? D speaker blew off. It was quite funny

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
used 2 think dat mum feeds everbdy breast milk includin dad. Funny enough some teens stil think dat way 4 dia future wives.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Agrika: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
1. My mum told me that she bought my newborn baby sis from the market with lots of 50 naira
2. I once asked my dad if i could get toilet paper to wipe a nanny goat that was defaecating

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
hahaha, ok ok, mine might be the funniest. As a kid i used to believe

1. That airconditioners are connected to antarctica with pipes. How else can this machine produce cold air? grin grin grin

2. That white people don't fart shocked shocked shocked until we visited our auntie in kaduna, and when playing with her white neighbours, one of the white kids jumped on a pillow and farted shocked , (my face was like i have seen a ghost),i just couldn't believe my ears.

3. That if you swallow any fruit seed, it will grow on your head.

4. that computers are made using magic and some part of human brain. How else can this piece of electronic do everything? cheesy

so many more that i can't remember

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by charlsecy4(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
My baptismal father was nicknamed "Enyikwonwa" [it means "an elephant that carries its young on its back]. One day, I approached him and asked him "where is the baby you carry on your back?"
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by nep2ra(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
Among the children in primary school then, the largest number was called UNCOUNTABLE. e.g One child says "My daddy has 10 cars"(faabu). Another replies "My daddy has UNCOUNTABLE billion cars" (A greater faabu).
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
whenever there is a blackout (NEPA), i get mad that Cars have light and used to think that cars have electric cables attached to them

Used to think baby comes out from yansh

used to thing the 2 round buttocks has shit in it, so i always thing injections go straight to mix up with shit

i was made to believe if you draw a line on the sand and fly lands on it, mum would die.

if you stay at the entrance when it's raining, you will be struck by lighting

how wrong.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by kcreal(f): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
1. There was this pen called BEST, we believed it was from the marine world, when you open it and
pour the ink into water, mammy water will appear.
2. When you urinate while swimming in the stream, you call your friend or sister to spit and point
to the direction of home otherwise you will get lost on your way home.
3. When a rainbow appears you don't go to the stream because we believed it's head is in the stream
and whoever that comes close it swallows the person (till now I don't know if this one is true or not)
4. When your tooth goes off, you cover it properly. you won't let the sky see it before you throw it on
the roof top, we believed if the sky sees it first it won't grow again.
5. When we draw things on the ground while playing outside we make sure we clean them up before going
to bed else the spirit will come out midnight and start calling the name of the person.

Too numerous.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
'I will tell ur mum' was my most fearful sentence!

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by 30secs(m): 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mcdondayan: i was told as a kid dat if ur tooth goes off and you dont throw it on the roof of a house another one will not grow.my elder brother will swallow a small stone and bring it out from the back of his head and he will tell us its magic.my cousin was told dat if he bed wetted a snake will be tied round his waist and we will beg him not to bed wet. We were also told that if somone crosses his leg over your head u will not grow again and if u are flogged with the mouth of a broom it will
hehehe... Memories.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by blumail: 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
Used to think America was on top of d sky, really bothered me how they walked & rode their cars without falling on us dt r under smiley Also thought women gave birth thru their anus even uptil arnd age 13 & it seemed scary & painful, when my mum told me it was d vagina..... see fear, still living in dt fear....
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Ninilowo(m): 1:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
Sagytarius:

your own worse o! lol
sad[quote author=Sagytarius]

no be small thin my broda
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by sangamania2008(m): 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] after doing something bad, i'll make sure i do all the house chores, even the ones that were not meant for me, and wont sleep untill my dad comes back from work even late in the night, ll run and collect his hand bag thinking after doing that, he wont punish but consider me when he was told about it, but na lie o...... He will stil wipe my ass to is satisfaction!!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by laykhorn(m): 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mine was so so crazy.?!! When I was a kid I used to think HELL was used to scare us 4rm bad doings nd rough play so then I always said there is no God nd that i would like God to visit us b4 i would believe. I thought seasons like 'maggi' were planted as food nd I planted 10 nd expected to reap a 100 in which i believed i will be rich. Also thought movies were real life story of someone recorded, and that i would watch mine too.
Another was this crazy thing of me believin whenever a boy touches a girl, d gurl would be pregnant. I avoided touchin my female classmates nd peers. One day, a friend's sister touched my cheeks and i told my dad that she touchd me and that she z pregnant nd thatit wasn't my fault. Evry1 in d house made gest of me that day. Alot man... My childhood is a fascinating story.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by roborstein(m): 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
My mum told me dat whenever u touch a girl,she gets pregnant and i believed wholeheartedly..
I felt d body was a straight pipe and i wud take a bottle of water to drink in d toilet while urinating so d flow wud continue but it never did...
I was told dat anyone dat farts at home can be caught by simply spraying a gas and it wud follow d smell 2 d child's anus...we all got scared and reported ourselves anytime we did...

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by sangamania2008(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
When i was a kid, i was told that some tiny human beings are smogled into a television not untill i poured water in it expecting them to run out!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Bennitta: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
:DI neva undastood mensturation wen i saw my big cousin do it.i wld alwaz say GOD 4BID i wl neva pt pampers wen i grow. D frst day i met mine,i was disapointd in myslf. Tl my mum came n bought me d pampers n start telln me tnz. Its so 4ny dat my kid sis kps yabbn me of ptn pampers nw dat am grown up. E b lyk se e dy pas 4rm generatn 2 gen. . .I neva undastood mensturation wen i saw my big cousin do it.i wld alwaz say GOD 4BID i wl neva pt pampers wen i grow. D frst day i met mine,i was disapointd in myslf. Tl my mum came n bought me d pampers n start telln me tnz. Its so 4ny dat my kid sis kps yabbn me of ptn pampers nw dat am grown up. E b lyk se e dy pas 4rm generatn 2 gen. . .I neva undastood mensturation wen i saw my big cousin do it.i wld alwaz say GOD 4BID i wl neva pt pampers wen i grow. D frst day i met mine,i was disapointd in myslf. Tl my mum came n bought me d pampers n start telln me tnz. Its so 4ny dat my kid sis kps yabbn me of ptn pampers nw dat am grown up. E b lyk se e dy pas 4rm generatn 2 gen. . .
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Kk4(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
When I was a kid, my mom told us that if u r standin and eating at thesame time the food will go to ur legs. As a kid I thought everybody that wears black and black is a police man. As a kid I thought dried grass was dope. As a kid I thought all superheros live in USA. As a kid I thought agidi was cold akamu.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ladylucky: 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
As a kid I was told I could not finish a 29cl bottle of coke on my own And so had to share a bottle with 3 siblings, cuz of this I never asked for a full bottle of coke. Imagine my annoyance now when my sisters son finishes an orobo 50cl of coke witout asking for help or assistance. Lol
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by dolpaz: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
When i was a kid, my mum will tell us that if you pee on the bed ovanight, Toad/frog will be tied unto your waist and each time u pee, the frog will eat ur bollz..since then, i used to pee before going to bed !!!

Anoda one is that if you eat the eyes of a fish, you will be a dullard

If you use slate to write, you are an OLODO !!!

If you drink garri with mango, you will die !!!

That when you offend your parents and you don't want to be flogged, just remove some hair by your eye lid and place it anywhere your dad/mum will pass tru, and if they step on it, you will be pardoned !!! grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Diligence: 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
This wld wow u most ( i bet ) .. we used to discuss amongst ourselves that Israel/Jerusalem where in the cloud (up there - call it second heaven) and that there were neva situated right here on earth!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by pato405(m): 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
i HATED onions damn badt! saw them like worms grin grin grin grin grin grin. so i'ld take time to pick them out before having meals not knowing what i was missing.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Diligence: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
We also believed (as kids) that if u eva had a name called 'eze' (Eze means King, but it's just a name) that u wld someday become a king in ur village. There was this boi called Eze something something.. we used to admire d guy... that someday he wld be a king in his village!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Diligence: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
This thread shows how uniquely connected we all are and that even as kids then, and even the present kids now, there are such beliefs we held and they too, hold, that they don't want to share wt us; they just believe them and they don't even give a hoot to ask the adults!! Askg the adults is like 'tampering' with their 'rights of freedom of belief' by the way every kid is entitled to!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Should Mummy Eat Junior Instead Of Garri? / Romade! Na Wetin U Put Der Wey U De Find / A Picture Of DOG Serving NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.