Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (23349 Views)

Are Ladies Truly Impossible To Please? / Are they afraid of my financial status: / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
2buff:

LOL oya post link grin

na link be this https://www.nairaland.com/981248/qualities-make-man-worth-keeping/4

dem don block the posts. all na wash.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
logica: Mu^2. How's that for a final point?

I understand. Go in peace smiley
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
2buff:

Go in peace smiley
And you in piss. cheesy
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Bounce714: 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
we need your emaill address,
i am sure we can work something out

i hope you are for real
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
kinectik:

shebi d Op na nyc based abi, make she come make i ask am about nyc. i dey brooklyn kampe. all na wash

Still not getting your point.

So her location is a certain identification?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
i dey comot go uptown make una dey here dey listen to winsh. na una know. brooklyn we go hard and dont mess wit the africans in bk we gets it in. da opeke na winsh she wan winsh una.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by acidtalk: 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
I think 99% of the posters are misunderstanding this Lady or can we put the blame on the poor academics in Nigeria?

There's is no where were the Poster stated that she can't date a man who is less financially bouyant as she is. What she is simply saying is he shouldn't dump the whole bills on her and be too relaxed.

If I read well, she actually said she doesn't even mind picking up a little more bills that she pays but at least he should bring something tangible to the table (like food, groceries and a few other bills). I don't in anyway think that's too much to ask for.

The only place where she was specific on the man is the tribe (Yoruba). Which later on she somehow agreed to date outside her tribe (I guess).

Why should a lady pray to be the wife to a man who totally relies on her for all the finances needed in the home.

That's so cruel and unimaginable.

I have dated ladies up to 5years old and well richer than me and I will beat my chest and raise my shoulders that not for one second have I demanded a kobo from them.

I do the little I can (without go out of my comfort zone) to provide and make them satisfied. If she makes any sort of demand and I can't afford it at that point I will come out whole heartedly and tell her I can't.

I have never felt inferior or had a complex because of her financial status.

I practically forced one to even buy a plot of land when I noticed a bulk of her earning were going on trinkets and other wasteful gadgets.

Make una free the poster abeg. I don't think she is asking for anything oit of this world as a lady.

NOTE: if you dare insult my 'cus of my contribution, be ready for whatever response I throw at you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by tpapi: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: @hotshot_peter

Nah, definitely not a gold digger...just want someone who can bring as much to the table as i do. Of couse it is not all about money, but there is no way i am taking care of a grown a.s.s man.

Thanks for your civility, i wish you good luck as well in all your future endeavours.
i doubt if u wil get a good guy,u r so full of pride
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Still not getting your point.

So her location is a certain identification?

she no dey nyc. nyc has the highest number of naija professionals in the US of A. god bless america. go manhattan go see young naija pipu wey dey on half a milli net income. na opeke na winsh & na liar. na una sabi. if she dey nyc make she come answer ma queshun.lol al na wash wash
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Fruitful2: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
THERE ARE DESCENT AND RESPONSIBLE NIGERIAN MEN BACK HOME.I UNDERSTAND YOUR PLIGHT.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
kinectik:

she no dey nyc. nyc has the highest number of naija professionals in the US of A. god bless america. go manhattan go see young naija pipu wey dey on half a milli net income. na opeke na winsh & na liar. na una sabi. if she dey nyc make she come answer ma queshun.lol al na wash wash

I'm not arguing that.

Identifying her as queensmith was what I saw wrong with your post.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
Fruitful2: THERE ARE DESCENT AND RESPONSIBLE NIGERIAN MEN BACK HOME.I UNDERSTAND YOUR PLIGHT.

There better be. Out of the millionth population, there should at least 3 descent/responsible Nigerian man back home.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Sprumbaba: 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
If the OP does not mind being a second wife (I have taken permission from my wife), I am ready and I am in Texas. I dont care about your money because I have mine in 6 figures. PM me for photos.Also, I am not Ewo Lo See type of guys. wink
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
acidtalk: ...
Dude, you typed all these and you didn't bother to ask the most pertinent point: do you think ANY Nigerian men actually want her? If it's that hard for her, ask yourself what the problem is. Even ugly women get asked out on dates. So ask her what her REAL problem is.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'm not arguing with that.

Identifying her as queensmith was what I saw wrong with your post.

dem don expose am yesterday. and who dey obodo oyinbo for da best country in world US of A dey spell "endeavors" as "endeavours"?even the forum self na US english dem only dey allow

desari: @hotshot_peter

Nah, definitely not a gold digger...just want someone who can bring as much to the table as i do. Of couse it is not all about money, but there is no way i am taking care of a grown a.s.s man.

Thanks for your civility, i wish you good luck as well in all your future endeavours.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
kinectik:

dem don expose am yesterday. and who dey obodo oyinbo for da best country in world US of A dey spell "endeavors" as "endeavours"?even the forum self na US english dem only dey allow

Where's the link to [b]her [/b]confession? Or were they mere unproven allegations?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Where's the link to [b]her [/b]confession? Or were they mere unproven allegations?

na link be this https://www.nairaland.com/981248/qualities-make-man-worth-keeping/4

dem don block the posts. all na wash. da opeke na compound fool like my papa dey talk lml
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
kinectik:

dem don block the posts. all na wash. da opeke na compound fool like my papa dey talk lml

The OP is not her lol
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
@acidtalk...God bless you for understanding me.
With some of the comments here, you would think i was asking for something utterly ridiculous.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2012
una be naija pipu wit natural 419 brain no dey let maye dey drop format for una. me don waka my own be dat. it's brooklyn in da house. god bless america.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by betrani(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: @tpia,

Tpia, i am not claiming to be bill gates or steve jobs. For a single woman at my age with no children, i do pretty well. If i meet a man a man that is at my financial level then that's great, but if not..i at least want him to be able to buy some stuff like food stuff...go half on the bills when we eat out e.t.c. I don't think i am asking for much. I am going based off a past relationship, where this bobo wanted me to take care of all things financial...needless to say i had to kick him to the curb. I find it hard to respect such men.

Regardless of the fact that i have lived in the U.S for quite few years I am still a naija woman, and i would love it if a guy i was in a relationship came to me of his own free will and said "babe here is some money" cook some fabulous ila asepo and some hot amala for me" instead my ex would want me to buy groceries with my money all the time so he can enjoy the food too. imagine that nonsense?? Thats when i decided no more "akushe folks" bobos have to be able to play their part financialy or they can keep it moving.
! Hw come all women are the same? If its a man who puts u in his hws and baby-sit u; I guess u will be very ok with that! Since all u women do is wait on a man to sit on the driver's seat! U can't do that for a guy, cos its a guy! I won't even as a guy wait on a lady to feed my fangs! But wats wrong in feeding a guy? If u re sincere with what u want then soonest u will find a man! Otherwise u will neva get one! I ve an uncle whose wife claim to be rich! Even though the husband kick his own ass to be the man of the house, the woman neva sees his part as anytin! I just hope ur not one of such women who are scared to spend their money; even for the childrens benefit!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Skywalker5(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
acidtalk:

NOTE: if you dare insult my 'cus of my contribution, be ready for whatever response I throw at you.

lol OMG. i almost had heart attack grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

The OP is not her lol

dey there dey argue like mumu and kunu. comot sobo for ur eyes jor.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
kinectik:

dey there dey argue like mumu and kunu. comot sobo for ur eyes jor.

I'm not arguing, I'm making a statement.

Let's get back to the topic.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
@OP

Goodluck. There are men out there "at your financial level" , when you find the right one for you, you'll know.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Fruitful2: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
YOUR DESIRES ARE NOT OUT OF PLACE.LET ME ASK A QUESTION?IF YOU MEET A DESCENT AND RESPONSIBLE MAN WHO IS READY TO SETTLE DOWN.WOULD YOU RELOCATE BACK TO NIGERIA TO BUILD YOUR HOME WITH HIM.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
@desari
You are in a foreign land and the odds that you'll meet such a man are rather small unless you task God for a miracle of course but in the interim it would be to your advantage if you can connect with folks here in Nigeria who can give you a heads-up on nice guys for you to date. If you schooled in Nigeria before you left for the States then connecting with your old schoolmates can also give you another avenue to explore meeting people, if not your schoolmates themselves their friends could be a pool to find what you are looking for.

As the good book says s/he that seeketh findeth, I wish you success on your quest (don't forget prayer helps).
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by tpapi: 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
acidtalk: I think 99% of the posters are misunderstanding this Lady or can we put the blame on the poor academics in Nigeria?

There's is no where were the Poster stated that she can't date a man who is less financially bouyant as she is. What she is simply saying is he shouldn't dump the whole bills on her and be too relaxed.

If I read well, she actually said she doesn't even mind picking up a little more bills that she pays but at least he should bring something tangible to the table (like food, groceries and a few other bills). I don't in anyway think that's too much to ask for.

The only place where she was specific on the man is the tribe (Yoruba). Which later on she somehow agreed to date outside her tribe (I guess).

Why should a lady pray to be the wife to a man who totally relies on her for all the finances needed in the home.

That's so cruel and unimaginable.

I have dated ladies up to 5years old and well richer than me and I will beat my chest and raise my shoulders that not for one second have I demanded a kobo from them.

I do the little I can (without go out of my comfort zone) to provide and make them satisfied. If she makes any sort of demand and I can't afford it at that point I will come out whole heartedly and tell her I can't.

I have never felt inferior or had a complex because of her financial status.

I practically forced one to even buy a plot of land when I noticed a bulk of her earning were going on trinkets and other wasteful gadgets.

Make una free the poster abeg. I don't think she is asking for anything oit of this world as a lady.

common keep quiet,r u her lawyer or wat,u sound like a woman wrapper

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by chucky234(m): 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
From OP comment,she is an ecocentric kind of person and that alone is a disadvantage of being a good wife to Nigerian man.

Marriage should be build base on love,qualities,trust,ambition and not financial strength,educational qualification or tribe as marriage built on financial strength will never last the test of time.

I have seen highly successful women disguised as poor ladies just to find a man who truly love them for who they are and not what they are ( rich and successful ),that's just what I expected from the OP but making finance a focal point will certainly put all naija men off as our tradition demand a submissive and supportive wife and not a proud and vulgar wife.

For you to refers to all Naija guys you have seen in NYC as small boys and 149ers certainly shows why Naija men have chosen to stay away from you,you need to change your perception of what an idea man should be only then will you be able to attract a Nigerian man.

American friend of mine who is white and live in Woodburn,OR was in Nigeria recently to visit a boy she has been dating online for four years and will be coming back in August,the guy is not rich or on same level with th lady but she love and to be with him. The guy is also not searching for papers as the case with some Naija guys because he is not even ready to leave Nigeria and hardly accept anything from the white lady for the four years they have been dating and that's why the lady love him so much because she never believe that there are still good guys in Nigeria who not after money,visa or papers.

My candid advice is that you put your financial ego aside and let man love you as a woman and not as a rich woman, goodluck.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
People are just too nice sha. Let me put it another way - of what use is an UGLY woman with money? You mean if I have money, na UGLY woman wey get money I go come choose? All the rich FINE women don finish?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Lord Reed

Thanks for your comments. Long distance relationships are tough, especially with taking time off work to develop a relationship with your partner. Sometimes i wish i had never left naija.
Oh well, i will try your suggestion and see what comes of it.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by tinkinjo: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
I hope to meet your requirement someday! Until then, good luck.

But the truth is you sound really SELFISH...and what made you think that the man at your financial level will not be as selfish as you are?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage / Will You Kiss Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend Early In The Morning Without Any Of You Brushing Their Teeth? / Slim And Sexy Black Women Of Instagram. (Thread For Guys That Like Slim Girls).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.