Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (23333 Views)

Are Ladies Truly Impossible To Please? / Are they afraid of my financial status: / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
Bitterness is a terrible thing sha.
See broke men wishing hell upon a woman for saying she wants someone at her financial level. cheesy

The OP would only be worthy of abuse if she was the typical broke gal wanting rich man scam, but this is much different and a legitimate request on her part.

Boys, she may not be selfish, arrogant, etc. That's like saying someone must be a player just because they are fine.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
I take my earlier comments back, Nigerians in America are broke..

There are 999 ways to make money in London, Naija men out here live like King of Zamunda. grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
2buff:
Boys, she may not be selfish, arrogant, etc.
...but she's definitely UGLY. Anyway you are addressing boys not men. Carry on.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Move to London, Cristal shower for you on your first night out here.

And you can't go wrong seeing the Queen in pinky with European cars everywhere, not those XL yank cars. grin

London is the place to be.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: @Lord Reed

Thanks for your comments. Long distance relationships are tough, especially with taking time off work to develop a relationship with your partner. Sometimes i wish i had never left naija.
Oh well, i will try your suggestion and see what comes of it.

Yeah I know. Maybe you might get connected to someone near you.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
@2buff

Thank you oh. I did not think my post would elicit some of the comments i have seen on here. I have been called arrogant, selfish, ugly by the attention seeking Logical( who has no idea what i look like) I could very well date/marry almost any race, but i prefer Nigerian men. I guess limiting myself to a certain type of Nigerian man is the cause of my wahala.
Time to expand my horizon.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by FindOut(m): 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: @tpia,

Tpia, i am not claiming to be bill gates or steve jobs. For a single woman at my age with no children, i do pretty well. If i meet a man a man that is at my financial level then that's great, but if not..i at least want him to be able to buy some stuff like food stuff...go half on the bills when we eat out e.t.c. I don't think i am asking for much. I am going based off a past relationship, where this bobo wanted me to take care of all things financial...needless to say i had to kick him to the curb. I find it hard to respect such men.

Regardless of the fact that i have lived in the U.S for quite few years I am still a naija woman, and i would love it if a guy i was in a relationship came to me of his own free will and said "babe here is some money" cook some fabulous ila asepo and some hot amala for me" instead my ex would want me to buy groceries with my money all the time so he can enjoy the food too. imagine that nonsense?? Thats when i decided no more "akushe folks" bobos have to be able to play their part financialy or they can keep it moving.

LOL @ akushe folks.

@Topic, i believe there are Nigerian men where you reside. I think you should just find out where to find them. & please when you do, professional guy or not, rich guy or not, do not rush in2 a relationship. Frankly, if its an ''oyinbo'' or ''akata'' man you meet who's very decent and meets all your other criteria (excluding nationality of course), I think you should give him a try. Getting into a marriage/relationship is sweet n easy, but with the wrong guy (even if he's yoruba, likes amala & has money) could be hell.

Just saying.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: ...ugly by the attention seeking Logical( who has no idea what i look like).
Time to expand my horizon.
Logica; get it right. Who needs your attention? You put up a thread on a public forum, then you get responses. I don't need to see you to know you are ugly. O je bi o, no expand your horizon o. You better marry oyinbo wey no know say you no fine.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
undecided

Brokeness is truly a disease grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by acidtalk: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
tpapi: common keep quiet,r u her lawyer or wat,u sound like a woman wrapper

You must be some kind of follow follow mumu. So because everyone is baslessly insulting her and insinuating what she never meant I should also join the dumb bandwagon.

Check my post on this forum and you will notice that I NEVER FOLLOW THE EMPTY HEADED CROWD BUT ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FEW ONES WITH A FUNCTIONAL BRAIN IN THEIR SKULL.

Most of you never took out time to read through her post and assimilate it well but rather just read through replies and decided to follow suit.

Naija people and foolish sentiments.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by 2mch(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
I think logica wants Desari. He is desperately looking for her attention. H finally got it. Take the stage man. Stop doing primary school tactics. Just leave your email. grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
2mch: I think logica wants Desari. He is desperately looking for her attention. H finally got it. Take the stage man. Stop doing primary school tactics. Just leave your email. grin grin grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin
You just might be right.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
2mch: I think...
You mean u actually do that? Impressive.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by 2mch(m): 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
logica: You mean u actually do that? Impressive.

Just take it! Gba! stop throwing tantrums. i wonder why the thing dey pain you, are you the ex . She said you can contact her, instead of popping veins on NL trying to prove someones looks. You sef dey sure of yourself? Park well jor. tongue
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mugu. Who in his right senses will take this joke of a thread serious? The only fools popping veins are those trying to second guess me. All I can do on this thread is catch trips. On serious threads, then we get real. Clear make I see road.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Jayhexx: 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
judgin wit d way ur speakn hia i tink u lak d quality a typikal naija man wil nid in a wman,,,u aint bin humble bt instead ur boastin of ur career advantage,,am 24 bt cn comfrtably ova shadow ur wealth,,,baby go hom codinate ursef kum bak n present it wel,u wil den c ril men wil a afta u...stp bin presumptious
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by 2mch(m): 10:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
Drop the email guy, make we hear word. wink. Or post your pic make we see the person wey dey shout! cheesy. Before you shout about someone, be sure of yourself and you sure can defend yourself. Per your username you are hardly logical or even close. Drop your email guy, leave story abeg

logica: Mugu. Who in his right senses will take this joke of a thread serious? The only fools popping veins are those trying to second guess me. All I can do on this thread is catch trips. On serious threads, then we get real. Clear make I see road.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
@find out

I know there are many decent akata and oyinbos but it is so much different dating a nigerian man. I can feel free to watch my yoruba movies, without him asking me questions all the time about what they are saying (if there are no subitles) i can feel free to cook my ila asepo with all sorts of assorted meat, stock fish and iru( without the person thinking it is stinky) I can feel free to cook my egusi and efo riro without any weird comments. I can discuss business proposals with a naija man in a way that a oyinbo man or akata man will never understand. we can discuss naija politics e.t.c it is just so much sweeter being with a nigerian in my opinion.

I have had a few oyinbos promising me cars, houses, anything i wanted if i would marry them, but i just can't see myself saying "till death do us part" with a oyinbo/akata man.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
2mch:

Drop the email guy, make we hear word. wink. Or post your pic make we see the person wey dey shout! cheesy. Before you shout about someone, be sure of yourself and you can defend yourself. Per your username you are hardly logical or even close. Drop your email guy, leave story abeg

Leave all these ITK's alone before they make you crazy with their posts. grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
LOL...See the fool in his haste go dey quote somebody else. Apparently wetin dey worry u no gree u see road.

EDIT Hahaha...he quickly edited it.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Leave all these ITK's alone before they make you crazy with their posts. grin grin grin
You sure say e never craze already?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by 2mch(m): 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
logica: You sure say e never craze already?
logica: LOL...See the fool in his haste go dey quote somebody else. Apparently wetin dey worry u no gree u see road.

EDIT Hahaha...he quickly edited it.

Men, you got one chance to do this men! Just drop the email or send the babe email. Sebi you dey find who go give you money go buy food for market. hungry guy. grin grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari:
I have had a few oyinbos promising me cars, houses, anything i wanted if i would marry them, but i just can't see myself saying "till death do us part" with a oyinbo/akata man.

Interesting
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
@lord reed, acid talk, 2buff and 2mch.

Thank you guys for understanding the point i was trying to put across and being reasonable instead to joining the bandwagon of nairalanders on my thread yarning dust without reading my post.

I am heading out and will be keeping up with my thread, but had to say a big thank you to the 4 of you.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
LMAO. Mugu dey "defend" faceless "woman" wey dey desperate for man to the point of advertising on Nairaland; and thinks it's real. By the time you find out she's a he...or should I say he's a she, it will be too late for you. Apparently you want my email (probably the standard idi.otic spammer) or why would you encourage me to post it publicly?

Wait, who knows whether he's even the same person behind the profile "searching for husband"...hmmm. cheesy
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Interesting
LMAO...u saw that too?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by safeLove(f): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
@OP: galfriend I really respect you for coming to Nairaland with such serious issue,but as a fellow chic,I see the humour in your post.

BUT,just in case you are serious,NL isn't a place for grown up issues like this. Don't you know this forum is filled with boys? A lot of them are yahoo boys typing away their frustration on a cybercafe keyboard..tsk tsk.
Dear,you are a strong woman and in time you will find that which you seek.
NB:don't come to Naija o! This place is filled with despradoes. Just say you live in America and they will propose marriage. If you decide to live here,nko,they will spend your hard earned money on one small girl outside and abuse you on top.
Just dey where you dey and watch out for these akuse,bad belle,low self esteemed,insecure and faceless NL men!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by 2mch(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
logica: LMAO. Mugu dey "defend" faceless "woman" wey dey desperate for man to the point of advertising on Nairaland; and thinks it's real. By the time you find out she's a he...or should I say he's a she, it will be too late for you. Apparently you want my email (probably the standard idi.otic spammer) or why would you encourage me to post it publicly?

Wait, who knows whether he's even the same person behind the profile "searching for husband"...hmmm. cheesy

Guy just send the email wink wink wink wink

Are you trying to make sure you will not be exposed? Desari abeg reassure the guy. See coding and levels. Omo na wa o. This guy dey very desperate. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
@ logica:Chei this logica is a real small boy sha. I don't know how old you are, but don't you know men will promise almost anything to get what they want. i just wasn't falling for it as car and house no be my problem, its my fault for wasting my time on you.

@safelove: Ah my sister, i had no idea oh. I thought i could discuss a serious issue with my fellow adult nlanders, i didn't know i would get a bunch of pissed off children raining abuses for no apparent reason. Not all hope is lost as there are some mature reasonable people like you on here as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
2mch:
This guy dey very desperate. lipsrsealed
Desperate for what exactly? If na money, I think I will likely be able to employ you and you'll gladly work for me without pay. If na toto, I think I had enough of that; who knows, I probably even fvcked your mother. Yeah, I got around like that. Se na Yankee we wan talk? Planted flags in 8 cities. Dude, you better put your head up and see who you dey address. Wait, why am I even responding sef...cheesy
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
logica: Desperate for what exactly? If na money, I think I will likely be able to employ you and you'll gladly work for me without pay. If na toto, I think I had enough of that; who knows, I probably even fvcked your mother. Yeah, I got around like that. Se na Yankee we wan talk? Planted flags in 8 cities. Dude, you better put your head up and see who you dey address. Wait, [b]why am I even responding [/b]sef...cheesy

To blow your horn?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2012
Lord_Reed:

To blow your horn?
You bet. Not his mother part though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Ask Girls If The Are Virgins? / Tupac Shakur Framed And Set Up By One Of Freemasonry's Illuminati Whores (proof) / Zenayia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.