Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,969 members, 7,838,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama (26294 Views)

Tambuwal & Nigerian Senators At EQUATOR In Uganda - PICS / Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / How Much Does Nigerian Senators Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Pergrace: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
dasparrow:

The problem is, the youths are not ready for change. This is why they are easily bought over to silence the critics of corrupt politicians. Don't you see the 40 men laptop crew here on nairaland? Most registered in June of this year and all their posts center around defending Jonathan Goodluck. Market women too have been bought over by Patience Jonathan who sing her praise to high heavens.

So, how can there be a revolutionary change in Nigeria when it seems like most Nigerians are not ready for change? Nigerians are not united and have never been. We have blatantly refused to speak with one voice. Maybe, when more countries treat Nigerians around the world with downright hostility like we have been seeing lately, maybe just maybe, we the youths will wake up. When we realize that we have nowhere to run to anymore because countries are denying us visas enmasse and those abroad are consistently being treated like crap, no one will remind us to put sentiments aside and start a revolution and send these corrupt politicians packing. Until then, let's keep on doing what we do best: suffering and smiling.

PS: I will be back on this thread to make sure my post did not grow wings and fly away into oblivion since lately a few of my posts have been mysteriously disappearing. Peace, out!

nice comment...your post won't fly... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by edicolove: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
akin33: At this jucture, let us stage a protest to stop this broad day stealing. The PDP has succeeded in making themselves empire. If we keep silence, it will continue. The salaries of a senate or reps enough to develope a community. Chai! This evil must stop. Revolution to chase PDP away in 2015 election is sure. Graduates, atisan, businessmen, man & woman, let us come together to stop these few people that are pocketing our wealth. Imagine, in d midst of unnemployment and hunger. A person earn such amout of money and dnt care to create jobs.

Have you seen any CPC or ACN legislator that refused his/share? If they are strong enough to determine who emerged as speaker and strong enough to start an impeachment campaign, why are they not strong enough to start a salary reduction or anti wastage campaign? Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by anyerhovwo(f): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
This is too much for these senators, sitting down doing nothing but sharing money. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
anyerhovwo: This is too much for these senators, sitting down doing nothing but sharing money. embarassed

Is our dear president not making his too?Besides, we will have to be the one to say enuf is enuf.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Dt03(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2012
Good observation
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Pergrace: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2012
berem: "Reads topic..reads it again...shakes her head...smashes her phone"

Yours is better,na my ipad i just smash now smiley
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Pergrace: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
Paul John: cry cry
No wonder it's a do or die thing cry cry

na today?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
Pergrace:

Yours is better,na my ipad i just smash now smiley

They wont give you some of the money oh, so no smash ipad
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Barthx(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
Geez!!!
Now am sure i want to be a SENATOR... No going back
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
This isn't news to anyone. What is news and will forever remain news is that Nigerians are not fazed by it.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
ogugua88: This isn't news to anyone. What is news and will forever remain news is that Nigerians are not fazed by it.

They are not fazed by it cos of our "i dont care" attitude and yet we complain and whine about it.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Pergrace: 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
Super1759: Chineke meee..wonderful!! I still blame all these on LORD LUGARD.we need to start NIGERIA afresh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by 19naia(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
In the United states...a senator or the president will recieve 100% of his salary for life even if he or she only serves 4 years.....If the Nigerian senator and president does not recieve salary for life after only 4 years,then maybe the the USA has an overall higher salary...Do nigerian senators and presidents recieve their salary for life??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by wordychap: 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
if this is really true, d clarion calls for a date fixed for d start of a revolution
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
Super1759::
Chineke meee..wonderful!! I still blame all these on LORD LUGARD.we need to start NIGERIA afresh

Any idea how we could do that?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by DANILSA(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
Free me jooo, after all Baba was right. House r__g__s and t-ie es.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
DANILSA: Free me jooo, after all Baba was right. House r__g__s and t-ie es.

And were they making anything drastically less when Baba was the head?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by dein77(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2012
ogugua88: This isn't news to anyone. What is news and will forever remain news is that Nigerians are not fazed by it.
And thats the most unfortunate aspect of this issue. How can the entire masses be so indifferent to issues to affect both their present and future lives? I have concluded long ago that until we are ready to wrest power from these crooks, we're doomed. These are issues that dont need docile and dead prayers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
dein77: And thats the most unfortunate aspect of this issue. How can the entire masses be so indifferent to issues to affect both their present and future lives? I have concluded long ago that until we are ready to wrest power from these crooks, we're doomed. These are issues that dont need docile and dead prayers.

Serious weeping for that nation
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Pergrace: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
edicolove:

Because that's not the agenda. The agenda is to return the power back to the core north with the support of the south west. They own the oil blocks and need to renew their licences by 2016. The only hindrance is the middlebelt and south south!

shocked shocked shocked return power back to the North?as per?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Elueme: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
THIS IS SIMPLY CALLOUS AND UNREASONABLE.. PITIABLE SITUATION..
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
ypzilanti: exactly what i keep saying. Why has no one organized a march on the national assembly?
my people no wan die
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by sheyguy: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
And you still wonder why non of them want a sovereign national conference undecided? Abi you wan come put sand for their garri?.....you wan scatter their hustle?

Nigeria is one massive scam (right from the late 60's to date), and if you're not in gov't; are not close to the corridors of power; have not been in gov't in the past to take your own cut; if you're not a gov't contractor or rent-seeker; if you're not a top civil servant; if you don't have a close relative that is in or has been near gov't in anyway; if non of the aforementioned applies to you, then there's a high probability that you're well and trully fuc/ked!!!

Thieving greedy scum, the lot of them.
One big scam from inception you say, So who are the Scammers?
one thing i know is westerners never agitated for Nigeria. They couldn't have been the ones targeting anybody's resources from pre independence. Most of our leaders guilty though.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Godogwu: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
I really don't think this post is true to the letter, but I'm not exactly writing it off. I know senators in Nigeria earn good money, heck Arthur Nzeribe is my relative. But when I see things like ; the president of china earning only $10,633 and the president of Zimbabwe earning just $18,000 annually I find that very preposterous, hence I don't believe the source of this info hook line and sinker. How come the source only detailed out the many allowances of just the Nigerian senators, how about the others? So there can be an actual comparison. Nevertheless, I would agree that GEJ earns more than Obama in general with allowances included, but I wouldnt say the same for a senator. Please in order for me to believe this, I need proof from a very reputable source.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by pokkadot: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by edicolove: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
19naia: In the United states...a senator or the president will recieve 100% of his salary for life even if he or she only serves 4 years.....If the Nigerian senator and president does not recieve salary for life after only 4 years,then maybe the the USA has an overall higher salary...Do nigerian senators and presidents recieve their salary for life??

The Nigerian senator does not receive the salary for life but it is still way way too ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is that this is official salaries. I mean, if we are talking about embezzlement, it would be another matter. But to think that they are legitimately collecting these is just crazy. Because some might argue that the executive and others are stealing money but then you can expose and stop monies being stolen by them. What the legislators collect, you cannot stop. It is constitutional.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by FOLLEY20(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
My prayer is dat God wil have mercy on d common man in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
Nigerian Leaders are cankerworm, palmerworm, caterpiller and grasshopper
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Eduvine(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
Niaja needs revolution and i must be greatful to those fulanis that cause the death of a serving senator. Something the clueless boko haram could not do. Its high time we let this legislooters know that they are not immune from death.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by edicolove: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
Pergrace:

shocked shocked shocked return power back to the North?as per?

They want the presidency back. They aint interested in good governance. They just need the control of Nigeria back in their hands. Simple as.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Pergrace: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
H$LBroker:
my people no wan die

then which is the way forward?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Flow44: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
doofanc :
Stale news. Itsay Sagay, Sanusi, Wole
Soyinka and even OBJ have all in the
past spoken out and expressed alarm
over this group of people milking the
country dry in the name of legislating.
but they don't care.

This man think before you coment. When OBJ was d president, what did he do about it?. He even encourage it because of his selfish interest and now he is blabing because he is no longer in office.
And what has this got to do with GEJ, these has been thier before he came to office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Shaking Hands With, Justin Trudeau Current Canadian Prime Minister / Who Is The Highest Ranking Military Officer In Nigeria Today? / Dino Melaye Calls Smart Adeyemi His Political Wife, Says He Will Win Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.