Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama (26296 Views)

Tambuwal & Nigerian Senators At EQUATOR In Uganda - PICS / Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / How Much Does Nigerian Senators Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by mancol(m): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
miteolu: NIGERIAN SENATORS
1. Basic Salary
2. Hardship Allowanc:
3. Constituency allowance:
4. Furniture Allowance:
5. Newspaper allowance:
6. Wardrobe allowance:
7. Recess Allowance:
8. Accommodation:
9. Utilities:
10.Domestic Staff:
11.Entertainment:
12.Personal Assistance:
13.Vehicle Maintenance Allowance:
14.Leave Allowance :
15.One off payments (Severance gratuity):
16.Motor Vehicle Allowance:

OMG! A senetor pay slip will be 3 pages

Which pay slip? Do u think these men's pay come with pay slips? Theirs is more like a done deal kind of payment where they just come in and hijack the Ready-waiting "Nigeria Must Dry" bags. Even If they were to receive pay slips, I doubt they ever open to see the details. What for? when they actually negotiated as well as made the payments all by themselves.Better-still, it may be received by one of their senior P A's who can only use it to nurture a political ambition of same dry Nigeria. God have mercy on us.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by mancol(m): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
miteolu: NIGERIAN SENATORS
1. Basic Salary
2. Hardship Allowanc:
3. Constituency allowance:
4. Furniture Allowance:
5. Newspaper allowance:
6. Wardrobe allowance:
7. Recess Allowance:
8. Accommodation:
9. Utilities:
10.Domestic Staff:
11.Entertainment:
12.Personal Assistance:
13.Vehicle Maintenance Allowance:
14.Leave Allowance :
15.One off payments (Severance gratuity):
16.Motor Vehicle Allowance:

OMG! A senetor pay slip will be 3 pages

Which pay slip? Do u think these men's pay come with pay slips? Theirs is more like a done deal kind of payment where they just come in and hijack the Ready-waiting "Nigeria Must Dry" bags. Even If they were to receive pay slips, I doubt they ever open to see the details. What for? when they actually negotiated as well as made the payments all by themselves.Better-still, it may be received by one of their senior P A's who can only use it to nurture a political ambition of same dry Nigeria. God have mercy on us.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by GreenJ(m): 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
If you want to know more of what those God forsaking politicians are doing to Naija,
watch "Keeping it real with Adeola" on youtube. Then you will know that there is no
media in Naija that is giving us real news about what is happening in NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Tayo114: 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
dasparrow:

The problem is, the youths are not ready for change. This is why they are easily bought over to silence the critics of corrupt politicians. Don't you see the 40 men laptop crew here on nairaland? Most registered in June of this year and all their posts center around defending Jonathan Goodluck. Market women too have been bought over by Patience Jonathan who sing her praise to high heavens.

So, how can there be a revolutionary change in Nigeria when it seems like most Nigerians are not ready for change? Nigerians are not united and have never been. We have blatantly refused to speak with one voice. Maybe, when more countries treat Nigerians around the world with downright hostility like we have been seeing lately, maybe just maybe, we the youths will wake up. When we realize that we have nowhere to run to anymore because countries are denying us visas enmasse and those abroad are consistently being treated like crap, no one will remind us to put sentiments aside and start a revolution and send these corrupt politicians packing. Until then, let's keep on doing what we do best: suffering and smiling.

PS: I will be back on this thread to make sure my post did not grow wings and fly away into oblivion since lately a few of my posts have been mysteriously disappearing. Peace, out!
i respect u sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
There's a solution to this....
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Godogwu: 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
cyril83: who the hell are you and who cares if you believe or not,if you have the proof what the fhuck are you going to do with it? Lead us to war or what...m.o.ron

I wouldn't batter words with you, you generally just believe whatever falls in line with your thinking and frankly i cannot be bothered.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by eyennyin: 11:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ur calculation was based on per annum, how did it become monthly at the end. Without devising 29m by 12 and then divide again by 160 naira. I know u didn't love maths when u were in school. Lol
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by kingroyce: 12:07am On Jul 28, 2012
This's d real Nigerian image- corruption. 18k minimum wage.
NYSC coppers can go to hell if they wish even if it's posting them to hell- thats the heartbeat of d Nigerian govt.
If u steal a #100 bread u'll in to jail cos u've broken the law, but if ur a politician and u kill all ur opponents and sweep the whole treasury to bribe court officials, to build houses in the u.s, to sledds with 10 gals per day,to tour d whole dubai or to buy everything u can never consume or sell the whole country then nothing will happen to u besides Nig law protects u. Thats Nigeria the rat sorry the giant of Africa- if i were Ghana i'll show more hatred to Nig, besides why respect a fake nation-pls NL 4give my blunt truthfulness
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Biggyd2: 12:30am On Jul 28, 2012
If we wan talk nau, D.Mark will threaten to clamp down on Nairaland, abi? The annoying thing is not just that they steal, but the fact that they must keep chopping this money until it gushes from all the orifices in their anatomy. Sadly, they still remain unsatisfied. angry undecided angry
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by jimbas10(m): 1:38am On Jul 28, 2012
cnt we kill all of them?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by alexy147(m): 2:46am On Jul 28, 2012
berem: "Reads topic..reads it again...shakes her head...smashes her phone"
and d phone still typed dat..lwkmd..u even lie pass our dem senators sef
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by gabychuks(m): 2:59am On Jul 28, 2012
the thieves in NASS earn more than worlds strongest man yet are less effective than the least political office holder there all they do is thief endlessly....
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by love4ual: 3:04am On Jul 28, 2012
i have always challenged any nigerian youth on nairaland........who thinks that one day nigeria would change to come out and prove it........there is no hope for any average youth out their............this is why i left that useless country......................except the way it is done in egypt.........no form of hope will ever come out in nigeria.............

u guys can go and sleep in the church for 50yrs...............or keep talking online.......i pity u guys...
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Toluth(m): 5:55am On Jul 28, 2012
Is this how we are going to continue complaining on online forums and offline discussions?
Is this how we are going to let this people continue looting are treasury forever?
Are we going to let this people continue playing on our intelligence forever?
Is this how we are going to let status quo remain?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by dein77(m): 7:22am On Jul 28, 2012
love4ual: i have always challenged any nigerian youth on nairaland........who thinks that one day nigeria would change to come out and prove it........there is no hope for any average youth out their............this is why i left that useless country......................except the way it is done in egypt.........no form of hope will ever come out in nigeria.............

u guys can go and sleep in the church for 50yrs...............or keep talking online.......i pity u guys...
I have told scores of Nigerians something close to what you remarked here. I have concluded that we dont deserve good governance, reason being that we want to get such lofty dream on a platter of gold. Even my wife thinks am possibly backslidden in faith when I told her docile prayers alone wont address our leadership problems. Obviously we enjoy sufferings down here. The talk of progress and forwardness can only make sense to people who recognise their stagnancy. Nigerians dont even realise they are stagnant, let alone moving forward. Its really saddening......
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

You mean he has no right to know how much the president that he pays makes?
Thank you bro.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by dein77(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2012
Toluth: Is this how we are going to continue complaining on online forums and offline discussions?
Is this how we are going to let this people continue looting are treasury forever?
Are we going to let this people continue playing on our intelligence forever?
Is this how we are going to let status quo remain?
The choice is ours! Nigerians believe God will punish our 1 per cent corrupt and half-evoled rulers and exonerate we the 99 per cent masses who simply watched and did absolutely significant.......
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by ncpat(m): 8:05am On Jul 28, 2012
This is the no. 1 problem we as a Nigerian have, there is no balance of payment in the salary structure.If the senators receive higher salary than any other senators in the world, then why should their police receive lowest in the world? they can only justify their salary when average government workers start receiving minimum of $2,000 per month.This is another reason why our naira is always falling in exchange rate, when they want to print the 100,200,500 and 1,000 naira they did not waste time in giving the CBN the go ahead and when the CBN says they want to remove 2 zeros so as to make N1 equal to N100 and presently you would have N1:61 equal $1 and from there we can start to rebuild our economic but they say no because they have stolen enough and it will become useless, come tomorrow and the CBN wants to print N5,000 note, they will even approve to print N10,000 note so that they can steal more.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by delords2: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2012
And they call themselves lawmakers asking for full implementation of the budget or else .............. ole. Sinking the Nation to get themselves stupendously rich Lawlessness Personified!
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by conyema12(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2012
These Thieves would not stop milking us dry, until there is a REVOLUTION!!!! Imagine with all these monies lawmakers still collect $600 million naira bribe...*seriously crying*

For how long will this continue?

What is the future of our unborn children?
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by maximum007(m): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2012
The worst part is that they earn this money while doing virtually nothing (Most of the time they are joking at the floor of the house discussing irrelevant issues). What a lovely way to earn money chatting with colleagues.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Moralistli(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2012
Good job indeed!.... I see this as a sensitive national issue that really demands close scrutiny by any means at all cost.

One thing am much more convinced about is that these problems such as corruption, embezzlement, abuse of office, mismanagement and whatever you call it that is drawing Nigeria backward happen as a result of lawlessness ,,,,,,,,,,,, "LAWLESSNESS" LAWLESSNESS, LAW LESS NESS!

I don't know of any other way to perfectly put things in order in any society than strictly enforcing the laws of the land...

I have spent some few years in some countries outside Africa, and i have always monitored and studied carefully how they administer, run their national affairs and manage things, of which i have got to understand that duly servicing the laws of the land with fair justice is all that matters.,,,

Our society is damn porous,,,,, Tho its painful and hopeless to say that "that nation" will continue to advance at snail speed, but its the simple/undiluted truth! NIGERIA WILL NOT COMPLETELY FAIL, BUT SEEMINGLY POOR COUNTRIES LIKE CHAD, BOTSWANA, ZIMBABWE AND BANGLADESH may later outdo Nigeria in terms of development.

Even if the cruel legislooters earn what the masses really think is good for them, the problem of Nigeria still remains " because we seem not to know the importance of favorable LAWS and the benefit of outright ENFORCEMENT with all necessary measures... Repair the existing jails and build more and let the sanitation starts,,,but who will do this? imprisonment is one of the most devastating situation in life, let the law breakers face it on regular basis.... This is the only way for any democratic nation to move forward,,,,That hard way is the only way.

It is such a difficult task for an honest man to survive in a corrupt society, and that explains while the corruption is spreading like wild fire,,,,,,,,,,

The PRESIDENCY which is the EXECUTIVE ARM is LAME AND CLUELESS
THE LEGISLATIVE ARM is more busy than busy-bee legislating and drafting laws in favor of their welfare and unconstitutional packages,,,,,,,
THE JUDICIARY that is suppose to be the last hope of the common man is the greatest enemy of all time as high court judges have settled for all time manipulation of justice and collection of bribes on regular basis,,,,,, Waooo.... Much ado about getting it right someday!

.....Wahala dey!

Tho some few cool blacks are exempted, but majority of blacks have similar problem..... Check the below,,,,,,,,No offense meant!!!

Read this for your Saturday enjoyment….
Speech made by former South African President P.W. Botha to his Cabinet. This reprint was written by David G. Mailu for the Sunday Times, a South African newspaper, dated August 18, 1985.

…………..We are not obliged even the least to try to prove to anybody and to the Blacks that we are superior people. We have demonstrated that to the Blacks in a thousand and one ways. The Republic of South Africa that we know of today has not been created by wishful thinking. We have created it at the expense of intelligence, sweat and blood……………………………We do not pretend like other Whites that we like Blacks. The fact that, Blacks look like human beings and act like human beings do not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines and lizards are not crocodiles simply because they look alike. If God wanted us to be equal to the Blacks, he would have created> us all of a uniform colour and intellect. But he created us differently: Whites, Blacks, Yellow, Rulers and the ruled. Intellectually, we are superior to the Blacks; that has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt over the years. I believe that the Afrikaner is an honest, God fearing person, who has demonstrated practically the right way of being……………………………..By now every one of us has seen it practically that the Blacks cannot rule themselves. Give them guns and they will kill each other. They are good in nothing else but making noise, dancing, marrying many wives and indulging in sex. Let us all accept that the Black man is the symbol of poverty, mental inferiority, laziness and emotional incompetence. Isn’t it plausible? therefore that the White man is created to rule the Black man…………………..And here is a creature( black man) that lacks foresight…………………………The average Black does not plan his life beyond a year.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Ifeanyispace: 9:37am On Jul 28, 2012
I like truth but not when it is adultrated. That Nigerian senators and representatives earn that much monthly is just not comprehendable. Check out RAMFC to know how much the officially earn and stop this half truth and outright falsehood. I never believed it and will never. I never knew that nigerian CJN earns that much.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by ozoebuka1(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2012
Moralistli: Good job indeed!.... I see this as a sensitive national issue that really demands close scrutiny by any means at all cost.

One thing am much more convinced about is that these problems such as corruption, embezzlement, abuse of office, mismanagement and whatever you call it that is drawing Nigeria backward happen as a result of lawlessness ,,,,,,,,,,,, "LAWLESSNESS" LAWLESSNESS, LAW LESS NESS!

I don't know of any other way to perfectly put things in order in any society than strictly enforcing the laws of the land...

I have spent some few years in some countries outside Africa, and i have always monitored and studied carefully how they administer, run their national affairs and manage things, of which i have got to understand that duly servicing the laws of the land with fair justice is all that matters.,,,

Our society is damn porous,,,,, Tho its painful and hopeless to say that "that nation" will continue to advance at snail speed, but its the simple/undiluted truth! NIGERIA WILL NOT COMPLETELY FAIL, BUT SEEMINGLY POOR COUNTRIES LIKE CHAD, BOTSWANA, ZIMBABWE AND BANGLADESH may later outdo Nigeria in terms of development.

Even if the cruel legislooters earn what the masses really think is good for them, the problem of Nigeria still remains " because we seem not to know the importance of favorable LAWS and the benefit of outright ENFORCEMENT with all necessary measures... Repair the existing jails and build more and let the sanitation starts,,,but who will do this? imprisonment is one of the most devastating situation in life, let the law breakers face it on regular basis.... This is the only way for any democratic nation to move forward,,,,That hard way is the only way.

It is such a difficult task for an honest man to survive in a corrupt society, and that explains while the corruption is spreading like wild fire,,,,,,,,,,

The PRESIDENCY which is the EXECUTIVE ARM is LAME AND CLUELESS
THE LEGISLATIVE ARM is more busy than busy-bee legislating and drafting laws in favor of their welfare and unconstitutional packages,,,,,,,
THE JUDICIARY that is suppose to be the last hope of the common man is the greatest enemy of all time as high court judges have settled for all time manipulation of justice and collection of bribes on regular basis,,,,,, Waooo.... Much ado about getting it right someday!

.....Wahala dey!

Tho some few cool blacks are exempted, but majority of blacks have similar problem..... Check the below,,,,,,,,No offense meant!!!

Read this for your Saturday enjoyment….
Speech made by former South African President P.W. Botha to his Cabinet. This reprint was written by David G. Mailu for the Sunday Times, a South African newspaper, dated August 18, 1985.

…………..We are not obliged even the least to try to prove to anybody and to the Blacks that we are superior people. We have demonstrated that to the Blacks in a thousand and one ways. The Republic of South Africa that we know of today has not been created by wishful thinking. We have created it at the expense of intelligence, sweat and blood……………………………We do not pretend like other Whites that we like Blacks. The fact that, Blacks look like human beings and act like human beings do not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines and lizards are not crocodiles simply because they look alike. If God wanted us to be equal to the Blacks, he would have created> us all of a uniform colour and intellect. But he created us differently: Whites, Blacks, Yellow, Rulers and the ruled. Intellectually, we are superior to the Blacks; that has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt over the years. I believe that the Afrikaner is an honest, God fearing person, who has demonstrated practically the right way of being……………………………..By now every one of us has seen it practically that the Blacks cannot rule themselves. Give them guns and they will kill each other. They are good in nothing else but making noise, dancing, marrying many wives and indulging in sex. Let us all accept that the Black man is the symbol of poverty, mental inferiority, laziness and emotional incompetence. Isn’t it plausible? therefore that the White man is created to rule the Black man…………………..And here is a creature( black man) that lacks foresight…………………………The average Black does not plan his life beyond a year.

you sound pathetic!
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by ncpat(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2012
Ifeanyispace: I like truth but not when it is adultrated. That Nigerian senators and representatives earn that much monthly is just not comprehendable. Check out RAMFC to know how much the officially earn and stop this half truth and outright falsehood. I never believed it and will never. I never knew that nigerian CJN earns that much.
post the breakdown here to defend your people and if you cannot just keep quiet.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Moralistli(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2012
You that's talking about how your dumb-ass sounds pathetic....that piece of write up is marah water for you,too bitter. Prove me wrong with logical points now if have a definite purpose on planet earth. is that write up more pathetic than Nigeria as a country is? Ewu meee ee e!
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Unkl(m): 10:43am On Jul 28, 2012
Hm!
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2012
Oh, we don reach 5 pages. It seems people are waking up.

Meanwhile, we can start by being responsible anarchist; you know, civil disobedience in the Information Age. And I don't mean disturbing the average Nigeria. I mean by expressing our dissatisfaction with FG with disdian.

On every social medium(on facebook, twitter, nairaland, etc, we can even send Bulk SMS to people expressing these facts., we should refer to these hoodlums as legislooters. Before we know it, it will be unconciously used by ordinary Nigerians in the streets. The international media will funnily refer to it and even Oxford could include it in the next edition of the Oxford dictionary. There is power in a word. Heck! Gung-ho and Hip-hop started this way.

What is the meaning of Legislooter ?

Oxford Dictionary: 'adjective', it is an infamous name for an average Nigerian politician.

Computer programmers can develop mobile phone games that illustrates the broad day light robbery going on in our government offices( use their infastructure as a model). The legislooters should be portrayed as the Very bad guys( out there to destroy the Nigerian spirit and humanity), while we the ordinary citizens will be portrayed as fighting to save the Nigerian civilization that these legislooters are trying tooth and nail to burn to the ground by Looting us to oblivion. Imagine, what these games will do if it goes viral. Even Aljezeera and other international media outlets will someday funnily show how creative the average Nigerian can be in using Technology to fight looters. Na so Revolution dey start.

These things(games and all that) will consciously and unconsciously rudely awake the average Nigerian youth consciousness who will want to go and carry out these acts for Real. It will ventilate like wind across and before you know it, these legislooters will start getting the message that Men no dey smile again. We can start from there at least. Our legislooters will be fighting with invisible soldiers, yet, very visible ones. Cmon, these men and our security personell and so archaic. We can use the modern tools on our hand to teach them some lesson. It worked for the North African, it can work for us.

Some of the games out there are meant to control the mind. We can develop ours to our own advantage.

In the 21century, you fight smart and not hard.

I could go on an on. But let me safe the rest for Strategic Consultancy. Imao.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by anonimi: 11:18am On Jul 28, 2012
I understand that only PDP legisLOOTERs are collecting these illegitimate amount.
Their counterparts from progressive ACN, incorruptible CPC and the other parties are returning the amount above RMAFC approval each month.
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by Akilokazeem(m): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
If a nigerian senator should be earning more dan barak obama,then the nigerianr rhuldn't even think of development in the country because the money that shuld have been used to develope the country will be used to pay the senators.god help us for this country o.........
Re: Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama by rawtruth(m): 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ifeanyispace: I like truth but not when it is adultrated. That Nigerian senators and representatives earn that much monthly is just not comprehendable. Check out RAMFC to know how much the officially earn and stop this half truth and outright falsehood. I never believed it and will never. I never knew that nigerian CJN earns that much.
you might be interested in 'interrogating' d CBN governor, MALAM SANUSI, to explain where and how he got d info dat 25 percent of our annual budget is spent by d legislative arm of d govt, specifically d national assembly. In case u reluctantly agrees with Sanusi, kindly say how much that 25 percent translate into b4 u would be justified to 'disbelieve' d claim in this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji / Is Buhari's June 12 Declaration Targeted At Obasanjo? / ‘FG To Lift 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty In 2020’ - Zainab Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.