Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,372 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa (53976 Views)

Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / Onitsha The Largest Business City In Afica! How True Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2012

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880:

Bro, please cool down very well. I dont know how or why but these things you mentioned up there, bring 100 containers and it will be loaded full with any of the items you mentioned, Onitsha is a full fledged market at every corner.

If you visit the city, you will be shocked, I was! lipsrsealed
See me as I was looking like a first time visitor to London grin
if you want just simple underwear, (ordinary pants grin) you will be sure to find over a thousand traders who live, breathe and sell only pants! And these guys are seriously rich, pulling jeeps, having warehouses everywhere and shuttling to China and Dubai like they are going to the toilet!

I passed a street selling girls wears, thousands of sellers, you will see the model which is being released only today for the first time in history! In fact, I will return to Onitsha again, you guys needs to see this.
I do not doubt your claim at all but so what ??
Why are you asking me to cool down ??do you understand my position at all??
I ACCEPT EVRY CLAIM ABOVE the question is what does that prove ??IN TERMS OF LARGENESS CLAIMS
are we talking about the Land mass covered or the value of goods sold. Do you know the value of Gold sold in gold markets or Dollars and pounds on Lagos Island .IS IT BY CONTAINER?? Where do all those container people buy their dollars?
As some people say "CHAIR DEY WHERE E DEY DEY WAIT FOR NYANSH"
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Oringo1: 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
Yes it is ....being a transit state for all kinds of goods...but I hate that state for its dirtiness..tufiakwa I can't stay in that state.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Now this is a road that was built by Senator(Dr.) Chris Ngige. I took the picture at Monarch bus-stop(old Enugu-Osha expressway) Nkpor

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by noiseless: 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
Crying wolf? perhaps you are refering to someone else, i was one of the ones begging the op to post everything that could make governor Obi and other past governors encluding the none Igbo millitary administrators whose mission was to bury us all alive do the walk of shame.Like i said,let me add that i hope you start by talking to your people first it go really go a long way the fight against the "race-card" lol!
seunajia:

Cheap point? I felt insulted by his ofenmannu talk. And was surprised about the level of paranoia which was been displayed that was why I commented. Else, check me up. Never conceited.

BTW, The your people my people talk smacks of prejudice though.

Summary of my posts: Let's all stop being quick to play the race-card when you know you'll end up crying wolf. No one is perfect and no one enjoys being trodden upon.

In essence Mr Globe's Ofenmannu talk was inappropriate.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
aribisala0:
I do not doubt your claim at all but so what ??
Why are you asking me to cool down ??do do understand my position at all??
I ACCEPT EVRY CLAIM ABOVE the question is what does that prove ??IN TERMS OF LARGENESS CLAIMS
are we talking about the Land mass covered or the value of goods sold. Do you know the value of Gold sold in gold markets or Dollars and pounds on Lagos Island .IS IT BY CONTAINER?? Where do all those container people buy their dollars?
As some people say "CHAIR DEY WHERE E DEY DEY WAIT FOR NYANSH"

Land mass of the market is larger than any other market in West Africa, value of goods sold are also higher than any other city in Nigeria, Lagos has about 18 million consumers but Onitsha has international consumers as well as local. Do you know that people come to Onitsha to buy some goods which they transport back to Lagos? Please don't argue these things, everyone who has been there will confirm this. Now to the pictures please.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2012
As far as dirtiness goes that is a minor problem for a visionary government.ONICHA needs another Niger Bridge,in fact 3 or 4 even,an international airport and for the Niger to be dredged. The resources exist within the state already and there is no need to wait for the FG any new bridges can be tolled and will quickly pay its ways so there is a lot of potential there.Unfortunately there have been dark visionless forces in power for too long!
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880:

Land mass of the market is larger than any[b] other market in West Africa[/b], value of goods sold are also higher than any other city in Nigeria, Lagos has about 18 million consumers but Onitsha has international consumers as well as local. Do you know that people come to Onitsha to buy some goods which they transport back to Lagos? Please don't argue these things, everyone who has been there will confirm this. Now to the pictures please.
These claims are bogus.People come to Onicha to buy goods that were cleared in Lagos to take back to Lagos. hmm.
We could be here all day if you are going to be making unverifiable unsubstantiated claims
so tell us the Area of ONICHA MARKET
Tell us the Turnover
Otherwise we can conclude
YOU ARE JUST GUESSING
and move on
Do you know the land mass of ANY market in west africa
For your Info My PEN!S is the biggest in West Africa
Guy leave that thing abeg
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2012
Before getting to Onitsha, we passed through Awka. This is the point Anambra begins from the Enugu boundary.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
aribisala0:
These claims are bogus.People come to Onicha to buy goods that were cleared in Lagos to take back to Lagos. hmm.
We could be here all day if you are going to be making unverifiable unsubstantiated claims
so tell us the Area of ONICHA MARKET
Tell us the Turnover
Otherwise we can conclude
YOU ARE JUST GUESSING
and move on

Yes they do, and remember, not all goods are cleared in Lagos, smugglers also bring in things from other sources. It was once said that if you want to buy even a human being, you will get many for sale inside the market grin
later sha.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by EzePromoe: 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
aribisala0: Actually the largest market in Nigeria is the Lagos Stock Exchange (Less is More)
I look forward to someone shifting the goalposts and redefining markets.
Next to that in terms of turnover it is the,The Capital/Money market,
The Foreign Exchange Market,
Insurance Market ALL in Lagos and all accounting for for in terms of GDP than OIL.
Outside of Lagos Wudil Cattle Market is probably the largest market
It is important to Note that the entire Business district in Lagos Island Encompasses so many Markets which are not ALL listed above.
So when we say Onitsha Market is it the whole of Onitsha or just one market.
In terms of turnover is there any data on which the Onitsha claim is based or is it the usual "I say so so it must be true and if you dare disagree you are a fool routine"
Yea, they've started coming in their number. Ofe mmanu no. 1
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
This is approaching Aromma junction Awka. Notice the red bus, produced in Enugu by an Anambra state great son, Innoson. Many of these buses are currently in use in Anambra and Enugu states, more of this please. Innoson, ababdaba nwa!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
In the distance is the city of Awka, notice the large cluster of new buildings in the horizon. Trust Anambra people, if they can build up the entire nation, you will imagine the amount of cement they will be turning here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
since ACM10 has started posting dirty pictures, well Peter Obi should do something.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880:

Yes they do, and remember, not all goods are cleared in Lagos, smugglers also bring in things from other sources. It was once said that if you want to buy even a human being, you will get many for sale inside the market grin
later sha.
Save that yarn for ilo gatherings
It costs a lot of money to move goods around ;transport, police custom etc. No one will come to ONICHA from lagos to buy OMO,NIDO,Bournvita etc,PROVISIONS are made in Lagos and transported to the East not the other way round let us not deceive ourselves.Maybe fake drugs and other fake product but not imported goods.
Even cows,goats,cement,cars,trucks etc does Onicha have a seaport or border with any country? You will carry smuggled goods on Nigerian roads from Lagos to ONICHA and then back again. I laugh in FEDERAL OPERATIONS.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
Flood water collecting at the middle of the road at Unizik juction Awka

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: In the distance is the city of Awka, notice the large cluster of new buildings in the horizon. Trust Anambra people, if they can build up the entire nation, you will imagine the amount of cement they will be turning here cheesy
grin grin
I am sorry sir I don't notice! They are in the HORIZON

I laugh in Dangote !!!
UNA TRY SHA

building up the whole nation grin grin grin
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
aribisala0:
Save that yarn for ilo gatherings
It costs a lot of money to move goods around ;transport, police custom etc. No one will come to ONICHA from lagos to buy OMO,NIDO,Bournvita etc,PROVISIONS are made in Lagos and transported to the East not the other way round let us not deceive ourselves.Maybe fake drugs and other fake product but not imported goods.
Even cows,goats,cement,cars,trucks etc does Onicha have a seaport or border with any country? You will carry smuggled goods on Nigerian roads from Lagos to ONICHA and then back again. I laugh in FEDERAL OPERATIONS.

I will attend to this later tonight, wait till the pictures are up.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Lordave: 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
Eze Promoe: Yea, they've started coming in their number. Ofe mmanu no. 1
can't u put this your 'Yoruba' stupidity behind u & defend what your brother had put up? U can't survive without them (ofemmanus), u can't be great without oppositions & challenges. Learn that!
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
Mr Peter Obi is doing something about the floods already

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
More works at Awka

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Dainfamous: 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
we use what we manufacture innoson buses, i entered one just for curiosity on my way from akwa menn the air condition in those buses is too cold and i notice people were feeling relax and very clean surroundings very impressive i must say...
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
more works at Awka.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
New Parts market Nkpor. A new flyover is going up here, pace is slow though.

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: since ACM10 has started posting dirty pictures, well Peter Obi should do something.

You are too economical with the truth. It seems like you wanna post none of your unsightly photos. Post them and shame the man at Awka who is constructing a N250billion shopping mall at Abuja, while the state he governs is in a sorry state and its roads are in a state of disrepair. angry

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
ACM10:

You are too economical with the truth. It seems like you wanna post none of your unsightly photos. Post them and shame the man at Awka who is constructing a N250billion shopping mall at Abuja, while the state he governs is in a sorry state and its roads are in a state of disrepair. angry

I think you are correct.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
more of the flyover

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
and still

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
Approaching Onitsha

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
I wish I could say there is a coherent thread of narrative with all these pictures,in others words ,that they tell some kind of story or add up to some meaningful whole.We patiently await!So far what we see is Squalid chaos which is not unusual for Nigeria and so one cannot accuse Onicha of anything unique but So What?? And how are these pictures consistent with the thread theme?
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880: New Parts market Nkpor. A new flyover is going up here, pace is slow though.

Spyder, I officially declare u biased! So u developed transient blindness from Umunya axis to Ogbunike toll gate? Only for your sight to be suddenly restored at Nkpor. sad
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
note the line up of blocks of flats, Onitsha has the highest number of blocks of flats in West, in short Africa! grin Aribisala0, you hear me grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Crowd I Saw At The Onitsha Mall - Pictures / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.