Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa (54000 Views)

Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / Onitsha The Largest Business City In Afica! How True Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
Actually SW Nigeria is quite backward in many ways this is true even for Lagos and I see little to boast about anywhere in Nigeria.
I object to all these divisive comparisons with others especially when they cannot be backed up
My market is the biggest
We are building up Nigeria
We are the most hardworking
we are the most eneterprising
we are the best at denying ourselves food until we sell something

Of course people will challenge you and that should not be a cause for quarrel.If you remove most and best from these claims there will be no argument.
You are entitled to use most,best or any other superlative but then others TOO are entitled to disagree.

When they disagree it becomes they hate us .This is FUNNY
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by rhymz(m): 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
aribisala0: Actually SW Nigeria is quite backward in many ways this is true even for Lagos and I see little to boast about anywhere in Nigeria.
I object to all these divisive comparisons with others especially when they cannot be backed up
My market is the biggest
We are building up Nigeria
We are the most hardworking
we are the most eneterprising
we are the best at denying ourselves food until we sell something

Of course people will challenge you and that should not be a cause for quarrel.If you remove most and best from these claims there will be no argument.
You are entitled to use most,best or any other superlative but then others TOO are entitled to disagree.

When they disagree it becomes they hate us .This is FUNNY
nobody cares what you think about any part of Nigeria, that is your personal opinion, we all respect it, pls do ours thesame and move on.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
rhymz: nobody cares what you think about any part of Nigeria, that is your personal opinion, we all respect it, pls do ours thesame and move on.

In other words I should not talk.Is this your father's website or your mother's?
Ask them to create a website so you will not hear what displeases you. It is quite simple for them I know.
If you don't care eff off.Do not quote me.Who is we?
Am I here to express anything but my personal opinion? Do I speak for your family or your clan?
I told you before I am not interested in you or your family whether you live or perish and not to try to engage me.I have not changed my opinion so bugger off.Go and play with your little willy or whatever it is you do.
Nebbish!
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by noiseless: 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Please lets ignore this ARIBISALA guy,let him continue with his ignorance and bad upbringing,he has been trying too hard to drag comments out of people's mouth since last night,but frustrations came calling when he was not given the attention he was seeking which was an excuse to start calling names,but in the end he had to start calling people's father & mother all on his own anyway, i wish many people could learn to let the ARIBISALAS & CO of this world countinue to fall in their own pits as he is doing on this thread. So lets keep it going with this thread which is created only to expose Onicha and Anambra as a whole of bad governance.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by billante(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
noiseless: Please lets ignore this ARIBISALA guy,let him continue with his ignorance and bad upbringing,he has been trying too hard to drag comments out of people's mouth since last night,but frustrations came calling when he was not given the attention he was seeking which was an excuse to start calling names,but in the end he had to start calling people's father & mother all on his own
anyway, i wish many people could learn to let the ARIBISALAS & CO of this world countinue to fall in their own pits as he is doing on this thread. So lets keep it going with this thread which is created only to expose Onicha and Anambra as a whole of bad governance.

You said it all...pls everybody should just ignore that big fool!! If he types any other rubbish just scroll tru and ignore! Dat will shut him up!
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by rhymz(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
aribisala0:

In other words I should not talk.Is this your father's website or your mother's?
Ask them to create a website so you will not hear what displeases you. It is quite simple for them I know.
If you don't care eff off.Do not quote me.Who is we?
Am I here to express anything but my personal opinion? Do I speak for your family or your clan?
I told you before I am not interested in you or your family whether you live or perish and not to try to engage me.I have not changed my opinion so bugger off.Go and play with your little willy or whatever it is you do.
Nebbish!
I will reply you in another thread. . Henceforth, you do not exist, you are deadbody to me. Umu nna, let's go on with our discussions.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
rhymz: I will reply you in another thread. . Henceforth, you do not exist, you are deadbody to me. Umu nna, let's go on with our discussions.
For me you and yours were rotting scavenged corpses a long time ago,not today.
This,unfortunately for you,is not an "Umunna" website but there is nothing stopping you creating one.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2012
billante:

You said it all...pls everybody should just ignore that big fool!! If he types any other rubbish just scroll tru and ignore! Dat will shut him up!
Are your parents big fools? I don't know why not ask them.
But it it is quite common for fools to produce fools .Perhaps there is another explanation for your predicament?
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by mrperfect(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
I agree is a very busy business city.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ericmooret: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Anuofia mmuo! Gba chi nu ya nkiti.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
Even if you are a million you can never intimidate me .You need to learn tolerance for alternative perspectives and how to disagree without bitterness.However if you abuse me me I abuse you and all your family and children and invoke Hell's doom on them all!
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
Nkita!Onye amaro akukwo
This is an English website Please
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Ndata(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
@Ofala, which set are you? I am proud to be a Dengramite....Lux Fiat

I was 1992 set. Show the light!
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Dainfamous: 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ndata: My alma mata.D.M.G.S Onitsha.The oldest secondary school in Igboland.A school that has produce many illustrious sons of Igbo nation.Dengramite for life.
build by an English missionary Ash-bishop T.DENNIS in 1925...
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Dainfamous: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
ofala:

@Ndata, which set are you? I am proud to be a Dengramite....Lux Fiat
show the light!! my brother u be dengramite too?happy to meet my fellow old boy from D.M.G.S.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ndi be anyi, before any one of you responds to AribisalaO's tantrum. Pls kindly go through this thread.

www.nairaland.com/797828/se-ss-strategies-pulling-out/14

He exhausted a whopping 5 pages on BS!

I believe that it has not been long since they abruptly weaned him off breastmilk. Pls forgive him. Kids with similar experience are prone to emotional lability. Why should his surprise us? So let his behaviour not amaze us. Let's continue as if he does not exist.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by billante(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
grin
Ndata:

I was 1992 set. Show the light!

92 set Nna u be old man oo!! I be 97 set...dengram has really been upgraded! thanks to nestoil largess to d school! Lots of renovation have been done in d school!! But principal obidike house is still standing as an old arctifact
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by billante(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
ACM10: Ndi be anyi, before any one of you responds to AribisalaO's tantrum. Pls kindly go through this thread.

www.nairaland.com/797828/se-ss-strategies-pulling-out/14

He exhausted a whopping 5 pages on BS!

I believe that it has not been long since they abruptly weaned him off breastmilk. Pls forgive him. Kids with similar experience are prone to emotional lability. Why should his surprise us? So let his behaviour not amaze us. Let's continue as if he does not exist.

Everybody has ignored him! So do same..
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Ejine(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
aribisala0:
Dubai is "the world centre of commerce" Since when?

Dubai is a prestige project by an oil-rich nation looking to put itself on the map by all means
Fact is Dubai was and is made by oil and gas. Dubai actually LOSES money to this so called commercial activities and is SUBSIDIZED by oil.
It has a model of duty-free trading for goods that it does not manufacture so what is the business model. If you are looking for international trading hubs that actually MAKE MONEY go to CHINA,TAIWAN,Hong Kong or Singapore. Dubai is by and large from a business perspective a PR project .Onitsha does not have oil so the comparison is absurd.
I do not believe I am ranting or bittter but again we see the typical "If you speak against me or my town you hate Igbo" mularkey it might have worked at one time but is just boring now.
Can you tell your father he is ranting ?just a question.Please don't say that to me

I think I can fully second the Dubai part of this post.
There is actually nothing commercially viable about Dubai. It's all about their oil money and they realize they'll be left for dead once it dries up, so it is for this reason that they have embarked in massive white elephants - Dubai sports city, Dubai Creek city, Dubai underwater park, Dubai neptune resort, Dubai shopping city - to save themselves once the chicken inevitably comes home to roost.
As a matter of fact - Did you know drinking water costs more than the Nigerian price of petrol in Dubai? Are you aware Dubai has no drinking water of its own and has to IMPORT COMMON DRINKING WATER?!
The water body surrounding the city is practically undrinkable as a result of its extremely salty content, and they have to import their water (because desalination COSTS MORE THAN OIL REFINING, and its industrial bi-products are extremely poisonous to their environment).
Are you aware people in Dubai are advised to remain indoors and avoid staying outside past 10 minutes as a result of the BLAZING SUN which causes INSTANT skin cancer?
Are you aware Dubai's entire land area actually used to be a lifeless desert?
All the trees you see there? FAKE. Watered with imported water.
The skyscrapers you see there? IN TROUBLE. Built by acquired debts.

I'm pointing these things out because EXISTENCE in Dubai is practically subsidized using oil.
Anybody who calls it a commercial city has been fooled by oil money 'film tricks' grin
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by aribisala0(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
I am happy that some people are prepared to be objective and focus on issues.Others believe they have some kind of exclusivity on unruliness or rudeness.Well I will air my views without fear and anyone who does not like them is entitled to disagree with basic respect.Believe me as I have signalled before I will respond with greater vitriol to any rudeness.This is not a sectarian website where parochial views are promoted without challenge.
I have the right to comment on any thread and any one who does not not like it can go to Onitsha and jump off the bridge
@ the last poster I agree with much of what you say but I doubt that cancer happens instantaneously though there is a higher risk from exposure to Ultra Violet light especially for white people

1 Like

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Ejine(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
Haha, I know. I just said that to emphasize on how blazingly hot it is in that window-dressed hell-hole grin
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by chino11(m): 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
This solid construction will continue all the way to Awka end of the expresway. Good job Niger Cat/CCC

Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by billante(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
chino11: This solid construction will continue all the way to Awka end of the expresway. Good job Niger Cat/CCC

I hope the pace of construction will move faster! Now peter obi has taken over the construction of the expressway! Also happy it has been dividing into two contractors to make d work faster! Just like wat was done on d onitsha-owerri road! Btw julius beger and ccc! Without dat dat road won't have completed by now.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by Dainfamous: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
lookin at those pix up there, u will think is Lagos state and people like eko ile will call onitsha a village cheesy their-parents didnt educate them well grin grin
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
Da infamous: lookin at those pix up there, u will think is Lagos state and people like eko ile will call onitsha a village cheesy their-parents didnt educate them well grin grin

Stay focused man.

I cannot take any other shots of Owerri, activities are too much and am supposed to be in Enugu in 2 hours time.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
spyder880:

Stay focused man.

I cannot take any other shots of Owerri, activities are too much and am supposed to be in Enugu in 2 hours time.

Oga Spyder, it will be a great disservice to our Imo brethrens and Igbos in extension if you don't supply us with enough photos of the beautiful town of Owerri. This is a city that is next to Enugu in terms of beauty in Igboland. After taking us through Onicha chaos, we need something to assure our people that they are indeed striving hard at development and should continue. Pls reschedule your Enugu appointment and provide us with a detailed photos of Owerri. A siri na onye riri ukwu oji kpaa ya nku maka na a naghi ari ukwu oji kwa daa.
P.S.: pls rush to meet up with your appointment if it involves $$$ cheesy
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by rhymz(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
Da infamous: lookin at those pix up there, u will think is Lagos state and people like eko ile will call onitsha a village cheesy their-parents didnt educate them well grin grin
bros, pls forget about what they say and just comment on the issues on ground, I am liking the way spyder is trailblazing with the way he creates threads that allows umu igbo to have a decent discussion without having to deal with silly and petty degenerative antics from some tribal Bigots all in an effort to distract and derail the issues being discuss. You have been bold and mostly mature in the way way you respond to even insanely bigoted posts. Continue in your balance reportage of ala Igbo, discussions like this give young Igbos like Me born and raised outside of the southeast a sense of belonging and pride in our Heritage. Thank God my Parents thought it wise that my other siblings and I attended our University in the SE which presented us with a better understanding of our Heritage and the industrious nature of our people. The Eastern region and the SE in particular is one region that has been courageous to in its effort to move on and develop even with meagre support from the FG. On first visit to the one will be surprised at the level of development and organization with a fairly educated population, something even a multi-ethnic state like Lagos and Abuja struggles with. One is even more surprised by the fact that People in the eastern region live more comfortably than an average person in Lagos even with all it boasts of. How they manage to get by inspite of their disadvantaged position is what I find more endearing and worthy of emulation about Ndi Igbo. An average easterner, Igbos especially is not Lazy, plans himself well and takes pride in the organization of his life.
The first time I was in Onitsha, I was awed by the sheer number of three-four storey buildings packed in virtually every street. Besides, I think some of us here tend to exaggerate some of the negetives in Onitsha, my impression of the place is quite contrary, Anambra state is arguably the state with the most city-type(naija standard o) infrastructural presence in the whole of the SE, the only problem is that most of them are in delapidated state and in need of rennovation and attention. Another negetive about the place, I mean Onitsha now, is the rowdiness and state of disorganization of the place. Onitsha is in no doubt in need of some serious government intervention and planning. In terms of Potentials and wealth, the only state that can rival Anambra in that regard is Lagos, and that in itself is not even a fair comparison as Lagos is multi-ethnic state. In fact, if you are igbo,have the industrious nature and business acumen of an average Anambra person, boast of a very rich culture like the Igbos and and beatiful women to cook delicacies that has become the staple national food; it will be so damn hard not to brag and beat your chest in boastful confidence of our achievements, however small they may seem. . Lol. . People need to understand this about the Igbo man.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
ACM10:

Oga Spyder, it will be a great disservice to our Imo brethrens and Igbos in extension if you don't supply us with enough photos of the beautiful town of Owerri. This is a city that is next to Enugu in terms of beauty in Igboland. After taking us through Onicha chaos, we need something to assure our people that they are indeed striving hard at development and should continue. Pls reschedule your Enugu appointment and provide us with a detailed photos of Owerri. A siri na onye riri ukwu oji kpaa ya nku maka na a naghi ari ukwu oji kwa daa.
P.S.: pls rush to meet up with your appointment if it involves $$$ cheesy

$ dey involved o, I will miss at least N10k if I dont make it back to Enugu this night. I have got transport sorted out now. But a new Owerri thread goes live now! Lets relocate.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by spyder880(m): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
A new thread is up for Owerri, called "Owerri, Nigeria's most bubbling capital city" its in the politics section. Pictures start landing by 10pm tonight.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
spyder880: A new thread is up for Owerri, called "Owerri, Nigeria's most bubbling capital city" its in the politics section. Pictures start landing by 10pm tonight.

Odogwu Spyder! Abeg drop the link for the new thread here and save us the hassles of trying to locate it in politics section.
Re: Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa by ACM10: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria / Woman Shows Off Her Savings From January To December (Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.