Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? (26308 Views)

Why Should A Guy Pay His Girlfriend Monthly? / Giving A Girl Transport Fare When She Comes Visiting / Must I Give Her Transport Fare Every Time She Visits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by sirsilentwalker: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2012
funny but true
kunletiwoo: lol, funny you.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by aribisala0(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2012
chii8: Most 9ja guys hardly luvs,dts d prob,cos if u luv a lady,u wont give it a second tot 2 pay 4 her tfare back home,mtcheeeeeeeew
Actually I do not give it a second thought, I pay and I pay very well and the reason is because I don't love them.

The moment a woman starts taking my money we are doing business. Paying makes it easier for me to say "get lost" when I am done.
They too can say they did not waste their time and everyone is happy. During a visit to Naija sometime ago after two weeks "friendshiip" a naija girl asked for"trans".Normally I would ask someone to drop her but that day I could not. I asked how much she said 2000(It was maybe 200).I gave her 5000 and decided at that moment we were finished. I never saw her again but she was always calling daily maybe hoping for even more pay.What she did not realise was that 5000 was her pension. what a lot of guys do not know is sometimes it is good to pay the Devil to exit your life.
When I love someone I support them to get educated and to eschew the "handout" mentality" so they can become rich for themselves,that is real love" .The problem is too many Naija women have a poverty mentality and do not believe they can be rich or financialy independent.
There are some women that own houses and shops in Nigeria through hardwork not sleeping with politicians or anyone.I know them and there are others who start to invoice you from day one for trivial things like laptops,phones etc.
Unfortunately the latter are more numerous. It all has to do with social/family background.

4 Likes

Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by kalufelix(m): 10:34am On Aug 01, 2012
acidtalk:

That's just the annoying thing. Dem no get and na dem form pass.

They aren't work or come from a wealthy home yet they want to carry the most expensive phones, weave on, hand bags,dresses, perfumes.

That's why most of them have resorted to executive prostitutes.
lol @ executive love peddlers
they wil always want the guy 2 trade sumtin b4 he can hav dem. Prostitutes no b only dos ones wey dey 4 brothel
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by komek(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2012
sosoluv: Happy 101 Thread Day! its not an obligation on the guy to pay for fuel or transport, the lady should also pay for it herself sometimes
as if U̶̲̥̅̊ do what U̶̲̥̅̊ preach.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by cliveland: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2012
aribisala0:
Actually I do not give it a second thought, I pay and I pay very well and the reason is because I don't love them.

The moment a woman starts taking my money we are doing business. Paying makes it easier for me to say "get lost" when I am done.
They too can say they did not waste their time and everyone is happy. During a visit to Naija sometime ago after two weeks "friendshiip" a naija girl asked for"trans".Normally I would ask someone to drop her but that day I could not. I asked how much she said 2000(It was maybe 200).I gave her 5000 and decided at that moment we were finished. I never saw her again but she was always calling daily maybe hoping for even more pay.What she did not realise was that 5000 was her pension. what a lot of guys do not know is sometimes it is good to pay the Devil to exit your life.
When I love someone I support them to get educated and to eschew the "handout" mentality" so they can become rich for themselves,that is real love" .The problem is too many Naija women have a poverty mentality and do not believe they can be rich or financialy independent.
There are some women that own houses and shops in Nigeria through hardwork not sleeping with politicians or anyone.I know them and there are others who start to invoice you from day one for trivial things like laptops,phones etc.

i probably wont have had the time to piece the above.... well said

Unfortunately the latter are more numerous. It all has to do with social/family background.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by odocity: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2012
A guy should not always pay ladies transport.it is not a must,but if need be
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2012
pro01:
Love gbukwa gi dia. Shebi una dey see the typical mindset?
Lool...

Ara gba ndi ara
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by TalkingBird: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
Could it be an African mentality?
Do European ladies do the same?
I wont be wrong to say no, because they - Eurpoean ladies, take responsibility for their engagements.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2012
Not a must but [b]courtesy [/b]demands you do if you're the one doing the inviting and her transportation cost is going to be beyond the norm e.g she had to take a licensed cab for the sole purpose of visiting you
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by TalkingBird: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
jay bee: Not a must but [b]courtesy [/b]demands you do if you're the one doing the inviting and her transportation cost is going to be beyond the norm e.g she had to take a licensed cab for the sole purpose of visiting you

Interesting!
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by Sike(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

what sort of username is this
What sort of signature is this?
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by jaybee3(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
TalkingBird:

Interesting!
Why is it interesting Sir/Ma?
Look at this scenario.
You own a car and seriously tied up to the extent that you are unable to go pick your date for one reason or the other. [b]You [/b]ask her to get a cab instead of waiting for you to come pick her so as to save time. Would you expect her to pay considering the fact that you asked her to come see you, she is having to change her usual mode of transportation because of your busy schedule so as to please you.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by jaybee3(m): 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
TalkingBird: Could it be an African mentality?
Do European ladies do the same?
I wont be wrong to say no, because they - Eurpoean ladies, take responsibility for their engagements.
It's the African way simply because we are limited in our choice of transportation.
Transportation is somewhat cheap and effective in the western world so it would rather be unusual for you to refund the few quids that the date used for the visit.

I would expect a man to absorb the cost of travel for the date especially when they are going out of there way e.g travelling from a different town/city, having to use a different type/mode of transportation
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2012
slimyem: same old story of crying broke-assss [color=#006600][/color]men !
Hia!cheesy
i've noticed that too. Most men that cry about anything they do 4 a lady are either broke-assssses or just super stingy. Just not my type!!
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by TalkingBird: 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2012
jay bee:
Why is it interesting Sir/Ma?
Look at this scenario.
You own a car and seriously tied up to the extent that you are unable to go pick your date for one reason or the other. [b]You [/b]ask her to get a cab instead of waiting for you to come pick her so as to save time. Would you expect her to pay considering the fact that you asked her to come see you, she is having to change her usual mode of transportation because of your busy schedule so as to please you.

Good logic. It follows an age long principle-
(Matthew 7:12) 12 “All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean.

However, it shouldn't be an excuse for commonizing it as found in every day relationships around us.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by jaybee3(m): 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
TalkingBird:

Good logic. It follows an age long principle-
(Matthew 7:12) 12 “All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean.

However, it shouldn't be an excuse for commonizing it as found in every day relationships around us.

jay bee: [/i]Not a must but [i]courtesy demands you do if you're the one doing the inviting and her transportation cost is going to be beyond the norm e.g she had to take a licensed cab for the sole purpose of visiting you
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by TalkingBird: 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
jay bee:

Jaybee
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by jaybee3(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2012
TalkingBird:

Jaybee
Yes Sir/Ma
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by aribisala0(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
Guys pay up please stop arguing and pay up.If you can't pay do not keep Naija "girlfriends" just focus on improving your life . Although maybe we should change the thread title to Should Men pay for reasonable expenses associated with services rendered.

There is no point deceiving ourselves. These relationships are generally transactional and should be paid for by those deriving benefits.

Having said that there are a smaller number of relationships where the man (usually young and virile) is servicing the woman(usually married and sex-starved) and getting paid for his endeavours. This is life. In fact if you settle these girls well they can arrange others for you so you have the best of both world.
What I do not accept though is the use of phrases such as "I love you" that is absolutely Forbidden.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by Rocktation(f): 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
OhMeLawd! What is becoming of this life sef? It seems as though a lot of men do not want to be responsible for anything at all again. Why??
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by TalkingBird: 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
aribisala0: Guys pay up please stop arguing and pay up.If you can't pay do not keep Naija "girlfriends" just focus on improving your life . Although maybe we should change the thread title to Should Men pay for reasonable expenses associated with services rendered.

There is no point deceiving ourselves. These relationships are generally transactional and should be paid for by those deriving benefits.

Having said that there are a smaller number of relationships where the man (usually young and virile) is servicing the woman(usually married and sex-starved) and getting paid for his endeavours. This is life. In fact if you settle these girls well they can arrange others for you so you have the best of both world.
What I do not accept though is the use of phrases such as "I love you" that is absolutely Forbidden.

Unless I misunderstood this thread.
I am talking of very decent relationships
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by queensmith: 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2012
I don't know why anybody has to pay for anybodies transport. But its cultural courtsey in a way, if someone pays you a visit the least you can do is reimburse them for their troubles. I'm guessin if your girl has better use of her money then sure.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by TalkingBird: 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2012
queensmith: I don't know why anybody has to pay for anybodies transport. But its cultural courtsey [/b]in a way, if someone pays you a visit the least you can do is reimburse them for their troubles. I'm guessin if your girl has better use of her money then sure.

That's a voice of reason.
[b]African cultural courtesy

I think the best I saw in Europe was a their giving their visitor a ride back home. They reject monetary assistance or your paying for them.
May be Africans have a better way of showing loving kindness. Which most times is exploited by the ladies.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by aribisala0(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
TalkingBird:

Unless I misunderstood this thread.
I am talking of very decent relationships
I am not sure what "decent" means as no relationship is fun without INDECENCY grin grin grin
kidding
If you mean a marriage or relationship with a realistic chance of marriage then it is simple
There are different social classes in Nigeria and so it depends;not every Nigerian uses public transport even when flying so there are levels and levels
A woman with a job and income who expects reimbursement for visiting is not wife material but may fulfil other requirements
However the reality in Nigeria is the economy is largely controlled by men and some cultures discourage women from working/earning thus reinforcing dependency and slavery.What is painful is women do not see it as slavery.If the women has no money you should pay if you can and if you can't well ; cow wey no get tail nagod dey help am drive fly.Reality is there are many Nigerian girls who spend money on men hoping for marriage and end up disappointed by some bastards so it is not only women who are mercenary
There are however large numbers of women from social classes where even their grandmothers are Professors,doctors etc e.g the likes of Achebe Okonjo-Iweala etc' children/grandchildren and I would be surprised if people from such backgrounds expect transport fare.
Women like to be pampered and a man paying her fare is an admirable act of chivalry that some well-off women would appreciate occasionally .I think it is a different thing when there is a need to "balance the books" and this is considered obligatory for every visit..In that sort of situation the relationship is not "decent" as you call it but business which is actually perfect for me and a lot of men because everyone knows the score

1 Like

Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by TalkingBird: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2012
aribisala0:
I am not sure what "decent" means as no relationship is fun without INDECENCY grin grin grin
kidding
If you mean a marriage or relationship with a realistic chance of marriage then it is simple
There are different social classes in Nigeria and so it depends;not every Nigerian uses public transport even when flying so there are levels and levels
A woman with a job and income who expects reimbursement for visiting is not wife material but may fulfil other requirements
However the reality in Nigeria is the economy is largely controlled by men and some cultures discourage women from working/earning thus reinforcing dependency and slavery.What is painful is women do not see it as slavery.[/b]If the women has no money you should pay if you can and if you can't well ; cow wey no get tail nagod dey help am drive fly.Reality is there are many Nigerian girls who spend money on men hoping for marriage and end up disappointed by some bastards so it is not only women who are mercenary
There are however large numbers of women from social classes where even their grandmothers are Professors,doctors etc e.g the likes of Achebe Okonjo-Iweala etc' children/grandchildren and I would be surprised if people from such backgrounds expect transport fare.
[b]Women like to be pampered and a man paying her fare is an admirable act of chivalry that some well-off women would appreciate occasionally
.I think it is a different thing when there is a need to "balance the books" and this is considered obligatory for every visit..In that sort of situation the relationship is not "decent" as you call it but business which is actually perfect for me and a lot of men because everyone knows the score

I really would not have liked to quote you, but I think it is instructive.
As for the italized- I no dey oh!
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by PetDancer(f): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
TalkingBird:

I really would not have liked to quote you, but I think it is instructive.
As for the italized- I no dey oh!
acidtalk:

That's the username you see when conji don almost kill person.

grin
acidtalk:

Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by PetDancer(f): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
acidtalk:

Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by elviszzz: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
most ladies are just like that, they always wanna get cash from guys..out of every ten girls,,,nine and half will collect money for transport if its the shy type,she wouldnt ask but when you offer her she would jump at it.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by dtemidare: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
courtesy demands that you should be a gentle man at all times. and you must treat a lady well whenever she visits you that includes paying for her fares.
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by Gwekzy: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2012
I ll OnlY PaY if She Gives Me D KpekuS!!!! PerioD
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by Aikayy: 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
Sylverbox: there is a big difference btw WASTING and SPENDING on a lady. If u hav many gals den ur wasting ur money but if U hav 1 U love, even if u transport her 2 d Olympics u will not feel a pinch! Guys I think we were made 2 care 4 them, period!

Guy, if U love her so much to want to "SPEND" all u have on her and she doesn't reciprocate. Then ur real name is SORRY......... And if she does, that brings us back to square one!!
Re: Must A Guy Pay A Lady's Transport Fare When She Visits? by WuzilistiQ(m): 12:13am On Aug 02, 2012
@Acidtalk

Your topic is weigh on point, first i'll go by the trending African mentality and Naija specified because thats the part the gurls see it as a favor they render to us by coming to see we the men, on one hand its bad on the other its worst....its bad in the sense that we the men will be the ones to sell the idea to the gurls maybe by away of oppression, by giving her to come, and giving her when going back as means to impress(leaving her with the option to weigh her outings with others). Then it becomes worst when a gurl tells u that she doesn't have transport ooo this is just to let u know that she doesn't want to spend from her pocket, leaving u with the option to still say '' don't worry i'll handle that when u come'' so it gives u a clue of those gurls whom will take the begging of money to the next level.

This is a very silly character being exhibited by 70% percent of gurls either directly or indirectly, cant they say ''No don't worry i have transport''? its so annoying because its not a good idea at all

Last week i was trying to check on two of my female friends the one i like most and came to notice that one comes with her own T.P and doesn't request nothing from me, tho' am willing to give but she won't take, while the other one go tell me for phone pump-and-plain '' i no get T.P ooo i even borrow''

Then my Ex she's married, from day one till to the Happy ending she never requested for a kobo even for up keeps she's just okay with me.....so brother the point stands, i feel its a mixed nature of POVERTY AND GREED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lovely Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander Sister / Love Story: I Wish I Had Held Back ( Very Touching) / Woman Arrested For Bitting Off Man's P enis ( Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.