Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales (17699 Views)

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers / Apple Just Lost The Global Smartphone War To Google. / Samsung Claims Top Spot In Global Smartphone Shipments For Q3 2011, Apple Slips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 02, 2012
you need to care because if they cant maintain the constant profits as they used to, they will go bankrupt and the bb may be difficult to maintain and may be dead because speculations create bad results faster. The problem is that if other top phone makers especially android developers get the idea or programing skills and platforms that will work 100 percent like BB for free, and rim doesnt upgrade new platform and technology fast, then that may be their end. Remember what happened to HELLO MOTO and yahoo.
$tunna:

WE DON'T CARE, WE HAVE A 1.5 TRILLION DOLLARS ECONOMY FOR 34 MILLION OF US...WE ARE MADE! SO, STOP CRYING FOR A NATION OVER ONE COMPANY...BECAUSE OF A PRODUCT YOU ALL NOW WORSHIP AND WE WHO MAKE IT HAVE LONG SINCE MOVED PAST! CRY FOR YOURSELVES and ur J J C lives! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 5:46am On Aug 02, 2012
DheBuck: The reason a lot of us use a BB is for nothing else except the special internet bundles it has...if andriod or iphone has bundles I think they'd be popular too among nigerians

So, you are saying its cheap to use once you can afford the stolen used ones that r sold there, right??

Well average Naija user of a BB phone in Canada will never use a used BB and his or her carrying cost is between ten and fifteen thousand naira monthly...and someone open their dirty mouth to say Naija people in Canada use BB to catch up with nigerians in Naija?? How dumb are people here sometimes
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by dayokanu(m): 5:47am On Aug 02, 2012
acidtalk: Apple RULES anyday anytime only that typing on touch screen is always an issue for me.

Can you get SWYPE on your i-phone? It makes typing easier
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by FlyboyZee: 5:50am On Aug 02, 2012
@$tunna,
In as much as Naija is still trying to sort itself out, I'll not sit down and allow one misguided wannabe to run riot on my beloved country. No matter what.

This is Nairaland for Nigerians & FRIENDS of Nigeria. This is not maple syrup. Get that into your phuking head and get the hell outta here fast!

For one, I don't think you are real. Two, you must be nothing but a wannabe that did everything & anything to become Canadian & now that Immigration has stopped harrassing you, you are thinking that you are the ish, get real and get a life. Whether Canada is a R-I-M or not, what I know is that my dearly beloved Naija is a Work In Progress and I'm very optimistic that we will get there someday even if it is not in my lifetime. The people that built the Canada you are strutting stuff about must have gone through worse situations than what we are going through now in Naija. Read your history books Mr. Wannabe.

10 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 5:58am On Aug 02, 2012
4bobo: you need to care because if they cant maintain the constant profits as they used to, they will go bankrupt and the bb may be difficult to maintain and may be dead . The problem is that if other top phone makers especially android developers got the idea or programing skill and platform that will work 100 percent like BB for free, and rim doesnt upgrade new platform and technology fast, then that may be their end. Remember what happened to HELLO MOTO.

We have or we will move pass BB as a very dynamic and advanced Nation...so no need to take tylenol over this that is none of ur headache

My fav phone was Nokia some 15years ago...then it was Samsung and then Apple and may soon be Samsung again, so it's not a huge deal...!

In the tech world, getting to the top is hard but staying there is even harder and we already know this as Canadians because we are at the forefront of new tech always! Canada is an ultra wealthy and innovative nation and will survive long after BB phone makers have gone out of business!

Y'all need to get this simple truth!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Decryptor(m): 6:00am On Aug 02, 2012
DheBuck: The reason a lot of us use a BB is for nothing else except the special internet bundles it has...if andriod or iphone has bundles I think they'd be popular too among nigerians
Are u ok? Internet Bundles is what you get from your service provider( ie: MTN, Etisalat etc) and that's only when you pay for it. It does not come with your device. HABA
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 6:01am On Aug 02, 2012
Flyboy Zee: @$tunna,
In as much as Naija is still trying to sort itself out, I'll not sit down and allow one misguided wannabe to run riot on my beloved country. No matter what.

This is Nairaland for Nigerians & FRIENDS of Nigeria. This is not maple syrup. Get that into your phuking head and get the hell outta here fast!

For one, I don't think you are real. Two, you must be nothing but a wannabe that did everything & anything to become Canadian & now that Immigration has stopped harrassing you, you are thinking that you are the ish, get real and get a life. Whether Canada is a R-I-M or not, what I know is that my dearly beloved Naija is a Work In Progress and I'm very optimistic that we will get there someday even if it is not in my lifetime. The people that built the Canada you are strutting stuff about must have gone through worse situations than what we are going through now in Naija. Read your history books Mr. Wannabe.

what was your point again Mstcheeew
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 6:01am On Aug 02, 2012
Flyboy Zee: @$tunna,

For one, I don't think you are real. Two, you must be nothing but a wannabe that did everything & anything to become Canadian & now that Immigration has stopped harrassing you, you are thinking that you are the ish, get real and get a life. Whether Canada is a R-I-M or not, what I know is that my dearly beloved Naija is a Work In Progress and I'm very optimistic that we will get there someday even if it is not in my lifetime. The people that built the Canada you are strutting stuff about must have gone through worse situations than what we are going through now in Naija. Read your history books

WHAT WAS UR POINT AGAIN?? Mstcheeew
ollah1:

Its only been used by nigerians living in canada so they can keep up with folks living in naija

See, I didn't launch the 1st grenade?!

So, Even if what you said about me is true (and I highly doubt that u know anything about me at all )...is it also true for my Canadian children?? Again you sound dumb!! Lol your mind thinks only in one way...zombie way na one way!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 6:03am On Aug 02, 2012
Decryptor: Are u ok? Internet Bundles is what you get from your service provider( ie: MTN, Etisalat etc) and that's only when you pay for it. It does not come with your device. HABA

Hahahaha!!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 02, 2012
we are watching how it will end. When they release new os bb 10 before the end of the year and how much it will cost, will show us what their future will look like ...
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by DammyFx: 6:10am On Aug 02, 2012
people use BB is for only because of cheap bundle ...if andriod or iphone has bundles I think they'd be popular too among Nigerians
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by alaoeri: 6:14am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

One authorized dealer in Ikeja...should Nigerians in Canada bow down because of that when there can be 10 authorized BB Stores in A single shopping mall in Canada?? By the way...you mean an authorized dealer for a BB assembled in Mexico city?? Lol

Only upper middle class people in Nigeria can afford an Original new BB phone without stress, k! That would be top 1%
SLOT not only in ikeja, there's slot in abj & other places, am talking about slot bcuz that's what am familiar with & sure there 'll be other dealers as well. Am not upper class nigeria but am on my 3rd bb all new from slot, dude wakeup change υя mentality about nigerians @home ppl are really making it here.

2 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Abagworo(m): 6:15am On Aug 02, 2012
Its easy to regain your share. Just make affordable brands that's all.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 02, 2012
So what shall we do about this? For me, I'll stop using a BB when BIS stops working.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Abagworo(m): 6:19am On Aug 02, 2012
alaoeri:
SLOT not only in ikeja, there's slot in abj & other places, am talking about slot bcuz that's what am familiar with & sure there 'll be other dealers as well. Am not upper class nigeria but am on my 3rd bb all new from slot, dude wakeup change υя mentality about nigerians @home ppl are really making it here.

Hahaha! Nigerians @home are a million folds richer than those in diaspora suffering.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by folahann(m): 6:26am On Aug 02, 2012
alorauzoms: another useless thread

coming from a die-hard blackberry addict. One of those who think these isn't much more to life than a blackberry phone.

I think the network operators in Nigeria are partly to blame/praise for BB craze in Nigeria. With their special BB internet plans and aggressive advertisement, they sure appeal to people.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by frevangel(m): 6:33am On Aug 02, 2012
ekt_bear: I hope Microsoft or somebody teams up with RIM, tries to salvage this situation.

There is something a bit sad about seeing a formerly great brand dying..

You sound like a die hard BB fan. I am doing this post from my BB, I bought one because my company gives me 50% discount on BIS subscription, buh seriously I think its a hardware version of yahoo messenger with over bloated prices.
If u own a Android phone or Iphone then u can talk about functionality.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 6:37am On Aug 02, 2012
Abagworo:

Hahaha! Nigerians @home are a million folds richer than those in diaspora suffering.

Same Naija I visited a few weeks ago?? But then again an average Naija person like you in Naija thinks hard work that builds and helps keep a nation developed and keep advancing is suffering!!!

Hahahahahahaha!! stupidity

See why Nigeria is so underdeveloped? Don't risk ur life for nation building and don't work hard to achieve anything...go to university and sort professors with cash or ur p u ssy and get a job with the fake degree u get after where you get a free car and a free duplex after 3 months of work and live large forever...carrying a made in Canada BB running programes designed by Canadian secondary school kids; wear American clothes and speak with fake Ameriacan acent; and then drive a used German or Japanese made Jeep stolen in the streets of Canada...is that not the Nigerian model??

You seemed to mistake houses built by Nigerians outside of Nigeria in Nigeria as showing how wealthy Nigerians in Naija are!! Funny, eh! Confused, eh!
I was reading somewhere last year that they wanted to make the minimum wage in Nigeria 18, 000 naira a month and some of the States refused as they could not afford that?.

Did you know that it is illegal to pay a worker less than minimum 10,000naira for a day of work in Canada Fools, you are not talking about Greece or Spain ooo!! Lol

Canada can take over Naija by force any day and Naija can not defend itself again our force...I'm sure you know this...so be quiet please, k

Hahahahahahaha!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by paulokwudiri(m): 6:50am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Yeah...?? Well, news flash for ya dude, the average Nigerian in Canada makes same monthly salary as your Senators in Naija...not the stolen part, but the legitimate salary part as I saw on a thread here sometimes ago!!

That means they do not need to keep up with people in Naija!
Thanks to fake BB and stolen used BB phones, where would Naija find BB phones they can afford?? Smh

Did you know that average home in Canada is like 1/2 million dollars and you need to times that by 155 to convert to naira!?!

So, I think you get the picture...don't even go on that route dude

Mumu wey go Canada hate im country.When u die make them bury u for Canada.

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by paulokwudiri(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Same Naija I visited a few weeks ago?? But then again an average Naija person like you in Naija thinks hard work that builds and helps keep a nation developed and keep advancing is suffering!!!

Hahahahahahaha!! stupidity

See why Nigeria is so underdeveloped? Don't risk ur life for nation building and don't work hard to achieve anything...go to university and sort professors with cash or ur p u ssy and get a job with the fake degree u get after where you get a free car and a free duplex after 3 months of work and live large forever...carrying a made in Canada BB running programes designed by Canadian secondary school kids; wear American clothes and speak with fake Ameriacan acent; and then drive a used German or Japanese made Jeep stolen in the streets of Canada...is that not the Nigerian model??

You seemed to mistake houses built by Nigerians outside of Nigeria in Nigeria as showing how wealthy Nigerians in Naija are!! Funny, eh! Confused, eh!

Lol..Nigeria is undeveloped but still ya country.Guy wetin u wan form sef.By the way r u from Canada?no worry when u die make them bury u for Canada since na ya papa Land.

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Odunnu: 6:56am On Aug 02, 2012
Nigerians too are doing away with it too, howbeit, gradually. It may not be noticeable yet because the percentage is still insignificant, but they are doing away with it anyway.
I have never owned a BB, the one I got as a gift in 2010 I gave out also as a gift, funny enough, the dude I gave it to doesnt use it anymore, he too has given it out.
The BB would not last because most of us are too lazy to 'textmsg' and we speak better than we write.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by frevangel(m): 6:58am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

We have or we will move pass BB as a very dynamic and advanced Nation...so no need to take tylenol over this that is none of ur headache

My fav phone was Nokia some 15years ago...then it was Samsung and then Apple and may soon be Samsung again, so it's not a huge deal...!

In the tech world, getting to the top is hard but staying there is even harder and we already know this as Canadians because we are at the forefront of new tech always! Canada is an ultra wealthy and innovative nation and will survive long after BB phone makers have gone out of business!

Y'all need to get this simple truth!

Hellooooo!!! This is NAIRALAND not CANADALAND! If your Canada is so super what are you doing here?! You sound like you just got released from a Canadian refugee camp for illegal immigrants. Where you a victim of child trafficking?

3 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2012
paulokwudiri:

Lol..Nigeria is undeveloped but still ya country.Guy wetin u wan form sef.By the way r u from Canada?no worry when u die make them bury u for Canada since na ya papa Land.

It is the quality of my life while I live that matters not where I am buried after I die...! Japanese? and Indians burn their dead...so, you see...the importance you put on burial viz a viz how and where it happens and the meaning that adds to ur life is simply all in your head!

A home is where ur heart is

3 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Chegunn(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2012
ollah1: I'm still wondering why you can't copy paste with the keypad on a bb and why you phone gets hot when you turn on 3G.
All phones get hot with 3g, even samsung, iphone,htc and others. it's not only bb
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2012
fr_evangel:

Hellooooo!!! This is NAIRALAND not CANADALAND! If your Canada is so super what are you doing here?! You sound like you just got released from a Canadian refugee camp for illegal immigrants. Where you a victim of child trafficking?

Who me Lolz take it easy ooo! We can stop all ur BB phones from working with the switch of a button here in Canada ooo!

Y'all better be nice...
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ektbear: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2012
fr_evangel:

You sound like a die hard BB fan. I am doing this post from my BB, I bought one because my company gives me 50% discount on BIS subscription, buh seriously I think its a hardware version of yahoo messenger with over bloated prices.
If u own a Android phone or Iphone then u can talk about functionality.

Lol, I don't think I've ever even touched a BB before in my life. By no means a fan. I like androids though.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by ektbear: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

It doesn't matter, we'll pull another rabbit out of the hat very soon...and we still have one of the Worlds's most advanced economies and BB or not, we'll be just fine...since we do not put all our eggs in one basket!!smiley

Our Country by its very nature is a research in motion and you can quote me on that...we innovate and we move on, there's no stopping us - CANADA, EH!!

grin grin grin

I love Canadians. So sensitive about their country...especially when jibed by their big brother to the south cheesy

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2012
paulokwudiri:

Mumu wey go Canada hate im country.When u die make them bury u for Canada.

See me see wahala! I have never used a BB phone ever...you people are the ones crying over made in Canada BB and insulting Nigerians in Canada as a group...so shaaaarup there!!

See, I didn't throw the 1st grenade on this issue ooo!!

ollah1:

Its only been used by nigerians living in canada so they can keep up with folks living in naija
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by brabus(m): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2012
Already listed among the Ten Brands that will disappear in 2013

[url=247wallst.com/2012/06/21/247-wall-st-10-brands-that-will-disappear-in-2013/]Source[/url]

RIP RIM
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2012
ekt_bear:

grin grin grin

I love Canadians. So sensitive about their country...especially when jibed by their big brother to the south cheesy

You are so right on that my guy...! Hahaha.
They (our big brother to the south) try to bully us sometimes because they are way bigger than us...but Naija may have more people than we do, however, since we are so much richer and more advanced than Naija we can take Naija by force any day we want and there ain't a thing the 160million naija people can do to stop us!!

I'm going to ruffle a lot of feathers here today but I didn't start the attack...this guy quoted bellow did:
ollah1:

Oh, if things get out of control in a war between Canada and Naija...our big brother to the south can always come to our rescue shaa!! Abi? grin grin grin
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2012
yankidelta:

At least they have something they can beat their chest too never mind their market shares on d fall.Now,what has Nigeria with our population of 160m and counting and our vast natural resources produced? Crude oil that the same Onyibos help us drill,send to their country and sell all forms of derivatives to us?Or is it Cassava bread?

I usually get pissed when we try removing the spec from other's eyes when we have a forest covering ours.

Mtsheeew!
_
Dude I'm not fuckïng hating! I'm an ardent (and proud) CrackBerry addict!
I was expressing my sympathy for RIM 'cause they've been taking lots of punches and upper-cuts by the press of late.
I've got nothing against the Great White North; heck, I love it! So know your allies before spouting off. Eh?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Infinix Hot 4 Screen / Facebook Is Down / New! Etisalat Cliq Offer This Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.