Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales (17698 Views)

Xiaomi Breaks Into The Ranks Of The Top-five Global Smartphone Manufacturers / Apple Just Lost The Global Smartphone War To Google. / Samsung Claims Top Spot In Global Smartphone Shipments For Q3 2011, Apple Slips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by femionasan(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
I tire for this hard-on some peeps have for bb users. If e no top 5 nko? No be human beings dey use phone rated number 50 in the world? Abeg, make una find work to do.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
monami2abd: BB Rules!!! All you follow follow that buy phones because its in vogue soon Apple and Samsung will be out of vogue and i trust you all will start saying Apple and Samsung are useless phones.. Remember what Bob marley said: Emancipate yourself from mental slavery instead of practicing follow follow, have your own mind. Am sure most of you don't even know how to use the Apple and Samsung self, because i have seen loads of people that carry it around just for show offs... SMH
OMg seriously?? Are you for real?? Well it looks like you are a bit demented(but dont worry we'll fix that) you talk about ppl flaunting their iPhones,pls tell me why its not worth flaunting,and FYI for every 5 Iphone flaunter,you have 20 bb users that think they own d world. . .anyways i'd like 2 stop now,i'l try 2 obey d rules dat says its pretty useless 2 argue with ignorant ppl...Thank You.
B.S bb sucks!!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
comm: going trough several of ur post here, u sound like a politician who tries hard to flaunt his wealth even when he knows there are others who deserves better than he does if not for the priviledge, and it also seems you are here to vomit your negative feelings about nigeria, this post was about the fall of bb but you have turned it in every post you make into ur low imagination about Nigeria. First, who told you Nigeria is the worst place to ever be on earth? Who told you that many nigerians will like to leave nigeria for canada given free-way. When next you need to make comment, make articulate point that depicts maturity because it makes u sound from a distance like an elite in ("wink ur trying attract about yourself and canada, we dont sort to pass in university here, thats why people fail while others are distinguished and even given scholarship to study abroad and they get there to become the best or among the top best, if canada is such a nice place like u try to paint it, it should occur to you that there are many many nigerians in almost all sector of the economy and govt. working harder than u do if at all u do to make canada what you are here trying to shout about plus many others spread across other countries around the globe because of the ingenuous nature of nigerians, also it is not a sin or flaw to buy cars, service or technology we may so desire because we do not produce or make them, we pay for them just like that country is buying and payin for other ppl tech and service without your myopic reasoning knowing, every country buys from the other it was naturally designed that non should b self sufficient. We may be having our hard times but that does not make canada better than nigeria for everyone because there are many poor canadians u even can point to but the ready made environment will make it seem they are living in affluence when in reality they are living in government provisioned buffer, I can assure you that many nigerians can feed u and ur wards comfortably both here in Nigeria and over there without pain. Never ever sound so backward cos if i can read u well i don't think you have much contribution to what u profess to be enjoying, ur just a ready made freak. Learn mehn you are too small for Nigeria now "sorry all for not talking about BB of which this thread was meant for i'l do that soon if I'm less busy here"

I'm sorry I made you cry!!
If you had gone to say a secondary school...then you would in reading my response noticed that a Nigerian in Nigeria attacked all Nigerians in Canada and I had to respond and now I have made you cry!!! cry cry cry

ollah1:

Its only been used by nigerians living in canada so they can keep up with folks living in naija

Did you miss that Aww, you did?? Did you go to university in Nigeria and had to sort urself and don't have capacity to pay attention to a topic and see why people are responding the way they do to a thread

Shaaarrrup ur yeye mouth there!

Somebody changed the topic when they said what I just showed you above...fool!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
fellory: .
$tunna you are a fool

cool
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by occam(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
People should simmer down and take a deep breath! Dropping out of the top 5 is not a big deal. Given RIMs problems of late this was expected. The technology world is highly innovative and thrives on rapid change. 10 years ago Apple was on his death bed until the ipod and itunes; now it's shares are nearly $600 a pop. With so many devices from Nokia, apple and Samsung, RIM was doomed in the device market, but it still a profit making company and will rise in other areas. Yes it's CEOs made bonehead decisions that led to it's rapid descent especially when iphone came to market.

Survival in the technology world is very tough even when you're on top. Where is Motorola today? It was once untouchable now its gone. Most companies in the tech world will go through very turbulent period. That's just the way it is. Microsoft was once very dominant that Bill Gates was more important than any world leader. All eyes are now on Facebook; the new darling of the tech world. It's shares have now plummeted to $20 from $38 when it launched 2 months ago. In 3yrs time we may even be talking about the death knell of FB. You just never know.

Tech business is very interesting and fascinating and sometimes difficult to predict the next change.

For budding tech entrepreneurs in Nigeria, RIM should be seen as a case study on the challenges of managing rapid growth. That said, RIM made a lot of Canadians wealthy and few are crying over spilled milk.

2 Likes

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
chucky234: Why are you trying to generalised poverty,if you are wretchedly poor that's not to say everyone is poor. You are worshiping SGS3 and hoping to buy one in 2020 when my kid brother is already flexing a white S3,I bought my first BB(8830) in 2005 the same year it was introduced into naija market and there were many wealthy Nigerians who bought as well.
4rm your tone of reply its quite clear who d poor one is. . .u sound like dis poor man trying hard 2 convince everyone hez got sometin giong on 4 him. . .and BTW i was only joking about d 2020 tin,most sensible middle class ppl now own one of those. . .only d foo.lish ones still go about flaunting their bb. . .plss d time of bb has gone(cry well and get over it). . .assshit
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
Dear mR.$Tunna-fish
abeg go and sleep(dont mind my pidgin) everyone here,bb user or otherwise has acknowledged that ur probably d silly-est preson on this thread(thanks 2 ur wrongful naija bashing)now that said i need not say more,it'd be wrong 2 insult u now that u'v received in quite reasonable doses enough insults 2 last u a life time. . .Like i said,friend.go 2 sleep,i'l be most appreciative if u comply,Thank you
Yours sincerely
shAw
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
whitebrown: $tunna
I read with utmost disgust,irritation and shame your lashing out at Nigeria the way you have been doing. My question do you have any ties at all to Nigeria ? If you do, you are indeed a lost lost soul who still Iives in mental captivity. I don't reside in Nigeria and by the way I am very very well travelled , but I tell you, as much as these countries do have a lot to be admired, Nigeria has a lot that can never be bought, it's a country of loving people, with rich culture, heritage and even the economy is improving and things might have started late but it will get there someday. Even the black Americans who don't know much of their ancestral background refer to Africa as home, I see lots and lots of the black actors and musicians come to SA to perform and they say it's nice to come home to Africa. We are talking African pride and renaissance, you are walking backwards. Regarding the negative image Nigerian has even with people whom had never had any interaction with a Nigerian, it's idiots like you who drag your country down and aggravates these sentimements. People are yearning for belonging, colonial slaves like you are begging to be resold into captivity. You are to date the worst case of "colonial brainwash", are you that fascinated about the tall buildings,neon lights, electricity and sights of those racist white people that you so believe you are in paradise?daily is your entire extended family in Nigeria that impoverished that your opinion about Nigeria is that everyone is hungry and malnourished? I don't know how old you are but you need to get a life really, please you are really really really embarrassing yourself , can't even believe the things you writing! Gees!

FOOL...YOU WENT TO UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA TOO?? Did you miss this attack of your loving Nigerian at Nigerians in Canada at the start of this post?

ekt_bear: The pride of Canada...defeated. Alas..

ollah1:

Its only been used by nigerians living in canada so they can keep up with folks living in naija

Did you miss that attack from your loving Nigerian man??

See I'm the one ashamed of you now...idiot!

Once you behave as a man and say, oh...I did not noticed that a Nigerian lunched that attack on Nigerians in Canada and that provoked you...maybe I will stop
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
femionasan: I tire for this hard-on some peeps have for bb users. If e no top 5 nko? No be human beings dey use phone rated number 50 in the world? Abeg, make una find work to do.
abi nOw. . .but no be their(our) fault na dose silly girls cause am. . .a phone dat quite satisfies ur needs and is affordable 4 you shud be d best,thats y i like guys u'll never see any guy flaunting about anytin(except of course,CARS) but the Op wanted 2 show dose girls that their bbs is not worth flaunting. . .abiiii
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
dmainboss:

People like you are a victim of crap image of Naija being peddled on the Internet. I dont blame you. Your opinions of Naija are formed by sites like NL. But its a pity. This is the result of all those rubbish reports that say 90% of Nigerians live on 2 dollar per day. Those reports that were cooked up by NGOs so they can collect grants from foreign donors and embezzle it. If you know how much the average Nigerian buys these stuff like toys, you will probably faint! Area boys and street girls are all carrying BBs around like its cheap wrist watch. Market women are using BB to communicate with their customers. You really dont have a clue of Naija. You need to visit and open your mind and get out of this Internet Naija syndrome!

Fool this is the attack on Nigerians in Canada at the 1st page of this thread that provoked me...go kill urself
[qu[b]ote author=ollah1]

Its only been used by nigerians living in canada so they can keep up with folks living in naija[/quote[/b]]
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Shaw007(m): 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
chucky234: Why are you trying to generalised poverty,if you are wretchedly poor that's not to say everyone is poor. You are worshiping SGS3 and hoping to buy one in 2020 when my kid brother is already flexing a white S3,I bought my first BB(8830) in 2005 the same year it was introduced into naija market and there were many wealthy Nigerians who bought as well.
in shOrt u are telling me you are rich right?? Theres no point flexing your money na. . .even as a student i can still afford 2 buy two iphones(not more than two anyways) comfortably. . .so dude. . .infact ur reply shows clearly that ur really poor,i'm sure all u'v seen of a SGS3 is from tv. . .when dont worry in d year 2020 like i said. . .u cwill be able 2 afford one or worse still,contact ur boi shaw
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
hillsate: What is this TUNNA fish trying to prove. Is this how you pay back your village for the money they contributed to send u to obodo oyibo?
I just spoke with your bro and he complained you no longer send money to your aged parent. Have you stopped that degrading work I told you to? The story is everywhere in your village about the work you do o. Please your bro said that your papa said you should come back home if you do not a better job.
He now has 2 bikes and 1 keke napep
Hey TUNNA, that's the message from your peeps yet you come here and sound as if you were the one who discovered canada.

Now guys, THIS IS HOW TO PROPERLY INSULT Tunna.

Hahahahahahaha! You crazy wel wel
This is what I have responded to:

[q[b]uote author=ollah1]

Its only been used by nigerians living in canada so they can keep up with folks living in naija[/quote][/b]

When u attack me like this...then I'm forced to defend myself by sending you pictures of the life I have made for myself against all odds... cool cool cool
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
Abagworo:

Lol @your ignorance. I personally am wealthier than at least 30 percent of Canadians and so are all my friends. How many of y'all own luxury houses across the world? Majority of us do not work for government and we do not actually live on less than 1 Dollar a day as you read on the news. Maybe you are talking about the North and not Southern Nigeria.

So stop suffering there and coming home to intimidate less traveled people in your village like you are living in paradise. Come to Port Harcourt and challenge young men like yourself in money spending spree.

Abeg go and share ur money with those beggars at ur international airport guy or better still use some of the money to repair the escalator at the airport that was broken or the AC that was off at the airport a few weeks ago I passed by Lagos!!

The reason you can afford to buy Luxery home the world over is due to the lawlessness in Naija and the fact that you can do as you pls with no accountability! Move to Canada and see how much of ur stolen wealth will be gone in a flash in taxes, k!
The same house or car or business u have in Naija you can not maintain in Canada because the cost of monthly mandatory insurance and taxes will wipe half of ur socalled wealth away! Lol

And finally...you are so clueless you have no idea wut you talking about, k...CANADA HAS MORE OIL THAN NIAJA, AND I HOPE YOU KNOW THIS ABI, SO THAT PORT HARCOURT U TALK ABOUT...WHEN YOU COME TO OUR VERSION OF IT...VANCOUVER, CANADA (THE CITY OF GLASS)...AND SEE MONEY, YOU WILL KNOW KHAKI NO BE LEATHER!!

Abeg...
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by fortran12: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigerian guyz seem to hate BB girls, why ? There is no reason to hate BB or hate BB girls. For me, If I see a pretty damsel, and she is not on BB, first thing i do is, buy her a Bold5, to show that I care, then the next thing is get the PIN and we continue from there. Seriously, there is no dull moment if you are me. Cos you will always have at least 10 girls in your palm (in your BB). With success comes love of all things, if you hate certain things for no reason, you are telling the spirits that you dont want them, when in essence you may just hate them cos you cant afford them. Love everything and everything will be made available unto you by the spirits of the Universe. I am one such example. From today, begin to love BB and BB girls and your life will be transformed.

They hate more than BB gurls, they hate Naija people living outside Naija with such passion it's unreal!! I like ur post truthfully insightful
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: You will do great after school. Just keep an open mind, and dont hate BB and BB gurls. BB has made it so easy to woo the most beautiful damsels, do you know that even half of the girls using BB, that guys who know whats up actually bought those phones for the girls ? I can remember how the saleslady at SLOT, a phone shop at Saka Tinubu in VI, denied to sell BB for me, said I have bought too many BBs, I had to go to another shop to get the BB, cos I just needed to give it to my account officer, she wasnt with a BB, and I needed to have her in my palm (on my BB). It worked like magic, it didnt take me 2 days to seal the deal. BB is always on two modes. Work mode and Romance mode. And I pretty well keep them on those modes. No other phone does that. Never.

1st class playa...I feel ya!! grin grin grin grin
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
Shaw007: dude who is we. . .i'm sure all uv even seen of d RIM s d tall building and front door. . LMfAOOO!!

Lozz guy you got me there...but I was only joking u know...!! grin angry
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by occam(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigerian guyz seem to hate BB girls, why ? There is no reason to hate BB or hate BB girls. For me, If I see a pretty damsel, and she is not on BB, first thing i do is, buy her a Bold5, to show that I care, then the next thing is get the PIN and we continue from there. Seriously, there is no dull moment if you are me. Cos you will always have at least 10 girls in your palm (in your BB). With success comes love of all things, if you hate certain things for no reason, you are telling the spirits that you dont want them, when in essence you may just hate them cos you cant afford them. Love everything and everything will be made available unto you by the spirits of the Universe. I am one such example. From today, begin to love BB and BB girls and your life will be transformed.

Bold 5 all the time? So with ten girls you spend N40OK a year. You must be one of those oyel subsidy marketers we've been looking. EFCC come catch am!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
Onyenna:

Use your 'shift' key to copy(^|aA)....
If u are using opera, press and hold your track pad.....
My nokia 3120c also heats up anytime I turn on 3G... Most phones heat up on 3G.... And 3G consumes more battery life on all phones....

good, but i will still need to press down the shift key to continue. what i meant copying without the use of the trackpad. like using your 'crtl' a 'ctrl' c 'crtl' v to select all copy and paste on symbian.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by stunna2(m): 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
Shaw007: Dear mR.$Tunna-fish
abeg go and sleep(dont mind my pidgin) everyone here,bb user or otherwise has acknowledged that ur probably d silly-est preson on this thread(thanks 2 ur wrongful naija bashing)now that said i need not say more,it'd be wrong 2 insult u now that u'v received in quite reasonable doses enough insults 2 last u a life time. . .Like i said,friend.go 2 sleep,i'l be most appreciative if u comply,Thank you
Yours sincerely
shAw

Sorry dude, cant do that... heading to da gym now...gattto maintain my Stunna body you know...!! cool cool shocked
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by gogomotet: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
ollah1: I'm still wondering why you can't copy paste with the keypad on a bb and why you phone gets hot when you turn on 3G.
I think using a curve zero or d oldest form of china made BB and wait!!! Such BB C̶̲̥̅̊
ά̲̣̥
n̶̲̥̅̊
't ping go get a better BB
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by GeorgeD1(m): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
yeah. i only pity our naija senior babes.

what would they do without their 'beloved' bb?
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ahhh, reasons upon reasons to abandon my blackberry. They keep piling on me. The truth is that there is absolutely no innovation with RIM/Blackberry. Android and iPhone are light years a head and Blackberry never had an answer to them. It's as if they never attempted answering and aren't interested. Why else would they say they're focusing on their business customers? They know fully well that their saving grace is BBM. iPhone tried to top BBM with iMessage but it's WHACK beyond borders.

My contract expired in June. I've been due for a new phone but I keep managing my aging BB strictly for BBM lol. Apart from BBM, nothing dey there.

Someone said it allows Canadian folks to keep up with Nigerians. I think many of you misinterpreted him as he's right. At least that's why I'm still clutching my BB. It allows me to talk to my cousins and friends all over Europe and Nigeria. Without BBM, I'd be spending a fortune on phone calls, and I hate phone calls.

*sighs* No hand remain for RIM to fall. iPhone 5 should be coming out soon. Time to start considering making the switch.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Yeah...?? Well, news flash for ya dude, the average Nigerian in Canada makes same monthly salary as your Senators in Naija...not the stolen part, but the legitimate salary part as I saw on a thread here sometimes ago!!

That means they do not need to keep up with people in Naija!
Thanks to fake BB and stolen used BB phones, where would Naija find BB phones they can afford?? Smh

Did you know that average home in Canada is like 1/2 million dollars and you need to times that by 155 to convert to naira!?!

So, I think you get the picture...don't even go on that route dude

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by occam(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
RIM is very innovative company that just caught carried away and failed to act when iphone arrived. Too much success and they felt untouchable.

BB was a very cool phone till 3yrs ago. Anyone still recall Obama using his BB to text while his daughter played football. In fact the image of Obama using BB was great for this company. Their Marketing team just lost the plot somewhere
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
i wonder why samsung is knocking off the iphone.
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by Olaposij(m): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
ollah1: I'm still wondering why you can't copy paste with the keypad on a bb and why you phone gets hot when you turn on 3G.
Ʊ can copy and paste with the keypard on a , and its only ur  dats get hot whn Ʊ turn on 3G.... Ʊ definitely need a new blackberry...
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
@ OP u dont need to drag with (Stunna) and others,
from d way and manner he sounds and
replied arrogantly and unrefined certificated
raw human due to his level of brute and
callow of no comparism, shows that he is an
illitrate and BB freaks, what u av expressed
here has never called for his above
statement, meaning of such
nonsenscial languages? The s.tupid RIM company d local champion is praising as if
is an archivement in life is nothing to write
home about, also to crown it all he said "some Nig dont av money to acquire new BB" BB that just ONE complete alloy rim and michellene tyre will
sort out, so tell me d tangible ego in it aside
BBM? I av tested BB and dumped it for
upcoming users like (Stunna) so mind d
way u advertise BB where am talking! And I
want all BB supporters to prove him wrong,
not to castigate him like dat BOY called
Stunna dat went Canada to look 4 green pasture and forming big and forgot home where he sold Okirika b4 Visa lottery came to his rescue. Thanks
from BB IGWE wen BB were still BB, not wen
UK BB saved people like Stunna.

1 Like

Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
Shaw007: in shOrt u are telling me you are rich right?? Theres no point flexing your money na. . .even as a student i can still afford 2 buy two iphones(not more than two anyways) comfortably. . .so dude. . .infact ur reply shows clearly that ur really poor,i'm sure all u'v seen of a SGS3 is from tv. . .when dont worry in d year 2020 like i said. . .u cwill be able 2 afford one or worse still,contact ur boi shaw
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
$tunna:

Abeg go and share ur money with those beggars at ur international airport guy or better still use some of the money to repair the escalator at the airport that was broken or the AC that was off at the airport a few weeks ago I passed by Lagos!!

The reason you can afford to buy Luxery home the world over is due to the lawlessness in Naija and the fact that you can do as you pls with no accountability! Move to Canada and see how much of ur stolen wealth will be gone in a flash in taxes, k!
The same house or car or business u have in Naija you can not maintain in Canada because the cost of monthly mandatory insurance and taxes will wipe half of ur socalled wealth away! Lol

And finally...you are so clueless you have no idea wut you talking about, k...CANADA HAS MORE OIL THAN NIAJA, AND I HOPE YOU KNOW THIS ABI, SO THAT PORT HARCOURT U TALK ABOUT...WHEN YOU COME TO OUR VERSION OF IT...VANCOUVER, CANADA (THE CITY OF GLASS)...AND SEE MONEY, YOU WILL KNOW KHAKI NO BE LEATHER!!

Abeg...
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by pafestula(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
U must be another coded Boko Haram!
Re: RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales by frevangel(m): 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
chucky234: BB's email push is unrivalled not even SGS3 come close.

Dude, I use BB and Nokia, I have colleagues that use Galaxy Tab, Ipad and other Android phones, we all receive our mails(yahoo etc) on our devices. Also, we receive office mails from our microsoft server. I even helped a colleague configure a Nokia E5 to receive up to 10 mails including office intranet mails also helped another colleague to configure his Chinko(china) Tablet running Android OS. I have used Samsung, Sony, Nokia, LG phones and have been receiving mails directly like in BB for some years now so I don't understand all this talk of push mail service. The only thing that keeps bb going is the ease of using bbm across platform or network. Whatsapp! may not sell well yet because it is only free for 1yr. They can crucify bbm/BB if they make it work like BB where u get your access bundled with your data plan. They can do this with the networks, it will be the killer punch! Mind you,I still use BB but seriously considering a move to Android(HTC or Samsung) or Iphone. My only problem is that I love using QWERTY keyboard, not really a fan of all-touch thing but again the keypad robs me of large display, anyway, I guess I can't have my cake and eat it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Infinix Hot 4 Screen / Facebook Is Down / New! Etisalat Cliq Offer This Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.